PDA

View Full Version : The Russians are talented, but...

iluvtrent
May 2nd, 2004, 01:56 PM
I just started following tennis again now that the Williamses are back,:) and I noticed a couple of things about this talented group of Russian girls:

1.Bad serves, first and second
2.Bad attitudes, lots of tantrums and racquet tossing

What's up with that?:confused:

Pureracket
May 2nd, 2004, 01:58 PM
Checkout Petrova's and Sharapova's serve.

Ballbuster
May 2nd, 2004, 02:00 PM
I believe they are good.....just not good enough......yet.

Stephieva
May 2nd, 2004, 02:00 PM
ya r rite!
for lena d...lena has only bad serve. lena doesn't have bad attitudes.
yup most russians have rather bad attitude but they say it's good for them.
and...some have good serve...masha-nadia-svetlana...

charmedRic
May 2nd, 2004, 02:04 PM
The Russians are amazing unfortunately they all have their Achille's heels exposed. Wether it is Vera's tandrums or ElenaD's dropshot second serve.

I think they can go up there with the Americans and the Belgians...but they need to work on those exopsed weaknesses.

K-Dog
May 2nd, 2004, 02:54 PM
The Russians all are very talented. When the sisters retire in the next 4-5 years, they will be winning majors!! The problem with them is that unlike other top players, none of them have dominating weapons. Yes their weapons are good, but top players always find ways to deal with their weapons. Look at it this way. Venus and Serena have huge first serves, huge ground games, great mover, great returns, Venus has amazing net play and Serena has a ton of variety(and a great second serve!). Justine and Amelie have every shot in the book. Kim has no clear weakness, and is too solid for the Russians. Lindsay can hit harder and more consistently than all of them. The Russians all have big parts in their games, but their weaknesses can be exploited too easily. Most Russians aren't very mentally tough either!! The Russians will keep progressing and eventually win be able to win grand slams because they are all so young and have big careers in front of them!!

spike83
May 2nd, 2004, 04:49 PM
Myskina is the best russian she has beaten Kim and Justine last year and stretched Justine to 3 sets on the masters but lost 5-7 7-5 5-7.
But Myskina her attitude somehow let her lose a few delicate points in a game.
Dementieva can obviously beat everyone (except for Serena) if her serve doesn't let her down, but the problem is when she begins to double fault, 2 in a row etc...
Sharapova obviously has no weaknesses, but isn't consistent enough.