PDA

View Full Version : No Doubt About It: Venus Is The Hottest Player On The Tour Right Now

lizchris
May 2nd, 2004, 02:20 PM
After her 6-1, 6-4 win today over Svetlana to win her 31st title and second this year, she has served notice that she is back and is eager to get back into the top ten, which could happen as early as next week if she plays the GO as scheduled and does well there, she will be back in the top ten and be the clear favorite to win the French Open.

GoDominique
May 2nd, 2004, 02:22 PM
ok

jonny84
May 2nd, 2004, 02:25 PM
Venus will defo be back in the Top5 by the end of the year - with only 4R French Open points and Wimbledon Final points (which is about 1000 altogether I think - if she defends them successfully which i'm sure she will - she has nowt to defend all year.

Remember 2002 US Hardcourt season - she ruled winning 3 of its titles - if she can repeat she will be back where she was - I really didn't think she could do it - and I have been proved wrong - go Venus! - I eat my hat as I speak

charmedRic
May 2nd, 2004, 02:32 PM
After her 6-1, 6-4 win today over Svetlana to win her 31st title and second this year, she has served notice that she is back and is eager to get back into the top ten, which could happen as early as next week if she plays the GO as scheduled and does well there, she will be back in the top ten and be the clear favorite to win the French Open.
:bounce: Go Venus!

I can't wait for her to play the GO.

*JR*
May 2nd, 2004, 02:50 PM
As one who predicted that Venus had "one more streak" of a year or two of Topnotch Tennis in her B4 moving on in life, I'm not surprised. Keep in mind that Vee took awhile to get on track. On the other hand, Serena returned after 8 months and chewed up Key Biscayne like a lawnmower. She's Still the best and even Vee knows it. Venus loyalists, enjoy it while it lasts, She'll Step aside for Serena Soon enough.

ghosts
May 2nd, 2004, 02:58 PM
Vee :banana:

7~LV3
May 2nd, 2004, 03:07 PM
As one who predicted that Venus had "one more streak" of a year or two of Topnotch Tennis in her B4 moving on in life, I'm not surprised. Keep in mind that Vee took awhile to get on track. On the other hand, Serena returned after 8 months and chewed up Key Biscayne like a lawnmower. She's Still the best and even Vee knows it. Venus loyalists, enjoy it while it lasts, She'll Step aside for Serena Soon enough.

I think ms Vee improved so much from Nasdaq, she couldnt break Elenas weak serve, and now...Svetlana even had 3 aces but holding her serve only 3/4 times...
2000 ms Vee came back from injury and had 35 win streaks...
in Wimbledon that year, I think even Serena sed herself that she was playing one of her best tennis, then she met ms Venus, what happend....

Serena prolly in your mind is still the best, but right now on ms Venus mind, after defeating Vera Zvonareva-she was so happy with her performance and she thinks that she is the best and not Serena.

Mrs. Peel
May 2nd, 2004, 03:07 PM
Desevedly the hottest player around! :worship: This is what we have been waiting for! She HAS been working hard and she has stumbled but the fight she has displayed for these back to back titles...she's determined to get back to the top. THE QUEEN WILL RULE AGAIN!!!!:bounce: :bounce:

Pureracket
May 2nd, 2004, 03:36 PM
She is, for now. She won 2 Tier III in a row, which is a good indicator that the "old Venus" is coming back. But it's just the start of her comeback; I see her winning Wimbledon but not the French Open.I could be wrong, but isn't FCC TierI?

jacobruiz
May 2nd, 2004, 03:40 PM
Great job, Venus!!!:worship: :worship: On to the German Open!!

I hope people will remember, if she ever again has a little slump, that she has so much talent, skill, and desire that she should never be counted out!

And I sure hope that we will have a French Open with all the top ten (or at least the top five), healthy and ready to go!!:bounce: :bounce:

K-Dog
May 2nd, 2004, 03:43 PM
I could be wrong, but isn't FCC TierI?

Yes FCC is a tier 1 and Warsaw is a tier 2, so Venus is winning some pretty big titles right now!!(I think either he made a mistake or he was being sarcastic about the level of talent Venus is playing to win her titles!!) Go VEE!!

Circe
May 2nd, 2004, 03:53 PM
i'm glad she's doing well but she hasn't really been tested so far. i'd like to see how far she can go at the french.

Bright Red
May 2nd, 2004, 03:59 PM
Venus is certainly the hottest on the tour. Let's not forget that not long before she was injured, she and Serena were #'s 1 and 2 in the world against a healthy field. They dropped in rank due to injury not because they were outmatched. So the default is that they are the best. To me, Venus is playing how I'd expect her to play regardless of the strength of the field. It's now up to the other top players to prove that they can handle a healthy Venus.

SerenaSlam
May 2nd, 2004, 04:05 PM
Venus will defo be back in the Top5 by the end of the year - with only 4R French Open points and Wimbledon Final points (which is about 1000 altogether I think - if she defends them successfully which i'm sure she will - she has nowt to defend all year.

Remember 2002 US Hardcourt season - she ruled winning 3 of its titles - if she can repeat she will be back where she was - I really didn't think she could do it - and I have been proved wrong - go Venus! - I eat my hat as I speak
Venus could go into wimbledon with a ranking of number 4 or even 3. There isn't even 2000 points between number 10 and number 3. And the way venus is playing. If she wins Berlin, and does good or even wins the French, her ranking could be 3 or 4 b/c Amelie has semis and finals in berlin and rome and quarters at the french to defend. Come wimbledon her ranking i think will be around 6 or 7.

But even if that doens't happen, come usopen, there is a chance for venus and serena's ranking to be 3 and 4 with no problem. But funnie thing is, if they heat up real good, they could get back to number 1 and 2 in the world again. Sounds hard and funnie, but with nothing for Serena to defend, until Nasaq 100 open next year, and Venus Australian Open next year, there is a BIG chance for it to happen. Its all about how well they play.

dansnewbeg
May 2nd, 2004, 04:59 PM
Go Venus! Win Roland Garros!

spike83
May 2nd, 2004, 05:22 PM
Venus will probably win Roland Garros.
She played incredible today, almost nog unforced errors in the first set, that is "for venus" remarkable

Mr. Man
May 2nd, 2004, 05:29 PM
Vee represented! :bounce: :banana: Great Win!

Hardiansf
May 2nd, 2004, 05:30 PM
I don't care about GO, I hope Vee can get FO title! But I really hope she can take both titles. And then... yes, she is the hottest one right now!
Good luck, Vee!

hotandspicey
May 2nd, 2004, 06:17 PM
Yep!!!She is Hot and Spicey right now!!Keep the fire burning,Vee.

hotandspicey
May 2nd, 2004, 06:20 PM
i'm glad she's doing well but she hasn't really been tested so far. i'd like to see how far she can go at the french. Every match you play,is a test,since u can either win or lose!!!! :rolleyes:

Circe
May 2nd, 2004, 07:05 PM
i don't think i'll bother getting into the long explanation of what i meant.