PDA

View Full Version : Pierce & Sanchez Vicario team up in Berlin

MLF
May 2nd, 2004, 11:26 AM
Wasn't expecting this. I thought ASV was going to be playing with Anabel Medina Garrigues who is there in singles qualifying ? :confused: Anyway good luck to Mary and Arantxa. They satrt out against Tathiana Garbin & Alina Jidkova and then if they win that will play Likhovtseva and Arantxa's former partner and personal protogee Kuznetsova.

Mattographer
May 2nd, 2004, 11:30 AM
Well, Arantxa better team up with Anabel in Rome and other tournaments otherwise, she screw up for Athens. Anyway, good luck to them! :)

MLF
May 2nd, 2004, 11:34 AM
I know that Vivi & Conchita want to play together but both prefer the forehand side of the court of doubles so I would have thought the best Spanish combinations for doubles would have been Martinez & Sanchez Vicario and Ruano Pascual & Serna. However, I think the proposed teams of Martinez & Ruano Pascual and Sanchez Vicario & Medina Garrigues should do ok.

St.Sebastian
May 2nd, 2004, 12:33 PM
What a great team :bowdown:

New_balls_please
May 2nd, 2004, 12:48 PM
Good luck Arantxa!

"Sluggy"
May 2nd, 2004, 12:54 PM
Go Mary!!!!!!

Je_ne_sais_quoi
May 2nd, 2004, 01:24 PM
allez!

Alvarillo
May 2nd, 2004, 03:03 PM
good luck Arantxa & Mary

~VaMoS~ArAnTxA~
May 2nd, 2004, 04:01 PM
I'm glad to see Arantxa back! That would be great if she could win the doubles with Mary...that would be such a nice come back! :bounce: :worship: :bounce:

Vamos Arantxa! :worship:

IVI
May 2nd, 2004, 04:06 PM
Come on Mary Arantxa Pierce-Vicario!!!

TartarVicario
May 2nd, 2004, 04:43 PM
Win this Arantxa/Mary :D

Gallofa
May 2nd, 2004, 05:33 PM
I know that Vivi & Conchita want to play together but both prefer the forehand side of the court of doubles so I would have thought the best Spanish combinations for doubles would have been Martinez & Sanchez Vicario and Ruano Pascual & Serna. However, I think the proposed teams of Martinez & Ruano Pascual and Sanchez Vicario & Medina Garrigues should do ok.
I agree about those combinations, but I think Vivi & Conchita decided to go for the Olympics as a team a while ago, before Arantxa decided to come back, so I guess at this point, they are just going to stick with their decisions, plus Vivi & Conchita will probably do well together too. Arantxa & Medina are yet to show what kind of form they are in and whether they can play together. I am surprised they are not playing Berlin together. What is the point of coming back to play the Olympics if you are not going to take it seriously?

Anyway, I really like Arantxa & Mary together, I hope they have a good week!

Now, I can think of at least another person who would be delighted to see this partnership at PamWimbledon... :lol: !

Tompier
May 2nd, 2004, 06:25 PM
Go Mary and Aratxa :bounce:

Pamela Shriver
May 2nd, 2004, 08:30 PM
Anyway, I really like ASV & Mary together, I hope they have a good week!

Now, I can think of at least another person who would be delighted to see this partnership at PamWimbledon... :lol: !.............and that person would die of happiness if I was pammentating on that match too of course ;)

bbypk
May 2nd, 2004, 10:29 PM
What is the point of coming back to play the Olympics if you are not going to take it seriously?
WOW!!!! I agree!!! Bad person ASV :fiery:

Now, I can think of at least another person who would be delighted to see this partnership at PamWimbledon... :lol: !
I know too!!! :wavey:

bbypk
May 2nd, 2004, 10:30 PM
just a comment... why ASV has chosen Mary for doubles???

Maybe, they know so good each other?? ;););) Very CLOSE freinds ;););)

raquel
May 2nd, 2004, 11:01 PM
I am surprised they are not playing Berlin together. What is the point of coming back to play the Olympics if you are not going to take it seriously?

I was also surprised about Arantxa playing with Mary and not Anabel. However I remember Arantxa saying something about a big ambition of hers was to be the flag bearer for Spain at the opening ceremony of the Olympics. Arantxa has won more medals that any Spaniard in any sport. She is Spain's most successful Olympian so I think she would deserve this honour. So while I think she will take the Olympics very seriously, the flag bearing thing might be the main reason for her comeback. She needs the match practice and doing it with Anabel is not necessarily the priority, although it would make more sense. I do hope they team up before Athens, but in the meantime I love Mary and Arantxa as a team :D

They played together once in 1998 Hilton Head. They beat Sandrine and Chanda in their first match and had to pull out before the next match so in the one match they played, they won. Keep up the 100% record girls! :p

cheo23
May 3rd, 2004, 12:46 AM
Go Mary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ASV_FAN
May 3rd, 2004, 11:36 AM
Go Arantxa And Mary :d !!!