PDA

View Full Version : Do u think William HUNG is a humiliation of Hong Kong?

Chunchun
May 2nd, 2004, 07:08 AM
What do u think?
I think 'yes, he is'

xr6turbo
May 2nd, 2004, 07:27 AM
I dont know about a humiliation but him having a recording contract is so ridiculous. :o

harloo
May 2nd, 2004, 07:36 AM
I think it's kind of sad.:sad:

vs1
May 2nd, 2004, 08:39 AM
I actually find his popularity to be somewhat racist to asian people. He obviously embodies the asian geek stereotype. I think that this is just bad. But he did milk his 15 minutes...which I think has expired (thank goodness!).

Andy T
May 2nd, 2004, 08:54 AM
With a name like "Will Hung", the guy has to have something going for him!

Ting
May 2nd, 2004, 09:19 AM
Who is he?:o

Vincent
May 2nd, 2004, 09:37 AM
ewwwww William Hung, I am a HongKonguese and I have no comment on him. :o

Belgium = Best
May 2nd, 2004, 10:11 AM
I don't even know this guy! :confused:

Mariangelina
May 2nd, 2004, 11:38 AM
A Korean friend of mine detests William Hung- he claims he's a disgrace to all Asians. :haha:

If William Hung wants to embarrass himself, it's his own decision. I don't think he's representing his country- I don't think Hong Kong would pick him to represent them either. :lol: But you can't help but sorta like the guy.

esquímaux
May 2nd, 2004, 11:50 AM
She bangs she bangs, oh baby when she moves, she moves....

:scared:

flyingmachine
May 2nd, 2004, 01:13 PM
A Korean friend of mine detests William Hung- he claims he's a disgrace to all Asians. :haha:

If William Hung wants to embarrass himself, it's his own decision. I don't think he's representing his country- I don't think Hong Kong would pick him to represent them either. :lol: But you can't help but sorta like the guy.

Why? What had he done? Who is he I know nothing about him. :confused:

Vincent
May 2nd, 2004, 01:57 PM
Why? What had he done? Who is he I know nothing about him. :confused:Visit his offcial website please. :tape: :tape: I am speechless.

Princess Fiona
May 2nd, 2004, 02:35 PM
I think it's kind of sad.:sad:
Me too - I feel sorry for him... I only really saw him on the "American Idol" show with some of the others who didn't make it (Scat Girl and Army Girl etc) and it felt like he was being made fun of a little bit... I hope he'll make money and find happiness out of this. :)

Has anyone actually heard his album? Just out of curiosity...

Bright Red
May 2nd, 2004, 02:36 PM
I don't think he is. People will read all sorts of things into what he's about, and that's not his fault if they choose to use him to perpetuate stereotypes.

For those who feel humiliated -- or who feel others may feel humiliated -- by his attempt at success, I would ask what exactly causes you to feel this way? It might just be something within you.

charmedRic
May 2nd, 2004, 02:56 PM
Yes :rolleyes:

Ballbuster
May 2nd, 2004, 03:17 PM
He got a right to make a fool of himself while getting rich. Hell, I would too. Too bad a whole race of people is taking it personal.

It is not about what others think. Its about the opportunity that has landed on his doorstep. What should he do - turn it down.

I wouldn't.

wongqks
May 2nd, 2004, 03:29 PM
hung is a disgrace and became a laughing stock for the americans and he didn't even realise it. It is a shame, coz there are good singers in hong kong and china, and their chance of making it in america is technically ruined because of him

Bright Red
May 2nd, 2004, 03:49 PM
hung is a disgrace and became a laughing stock for the americans and he didn't even realise it. It is a shame, coz there are good singers in hong kong and china, and their chance of making it in america is technically ruined because of himHung certainly realizes that he's not a "good" singer in the traditional sense, and knows he's an object of ridicule by some. All he has to do is read any article written about him.

I don't understand how Hung can be blamed with thwarting the chances of success in America for good singers in CHN/HK. There have always been good singers from those places, yet none has ever reached superstardom in the history of the American music industry. Not one. Do you think not having Hung around would change that? There are other reasons to explain it.

I concede that some may be foolish enough to assume that all Asians sing like hung; but they are silly and the minority, and so you shouldn't be concerned about them. At least Hung's had more success than a whole lot of others, and may finally open the door for some Asian talent.

wongqks
May 2nd, 2004, 04:14 PM
I am sorry, but I just think that his 15 minutes of fame has already finished. Enough is enough. One thing about being courageous to live by your dreams, but it is another thing is to stay realistic.

Bright Red
May 2nd, 2004, 04:26 PM
I am sorry, but I just think that his 15 minutes of fame has already finished. Enough is enough. One thing about being courageous to live by your dreams, but it is another thing is to stay realistic.
We are all entitled to our own opinion, but it really baffles me why this bothers you so much. Why can't you just be happy for him?

Who are we to tell a person how far they should go or try to go in life?

Stijn
May 2nd, 2004, 04:36 PM
William WHO? :confused: :D :

Veritas
May 2nd, 2004, 05:39 PM

Have to agree with what Ballbuster said - the guy's got a multimillion dollar record deal plonked on his hands by execs who don't give a rat's ass about how Will's career's gonna be "unfair", "unethical" or just "un-normal" (if that's a word). I wouldn't blame him for going with it - would you turn down a million dollar tattslotto ticket?

I u/stand where you're coming from, but if anyone's really to blame, it's the producers from American Idol/Fox who made a big deal about Willi's audition and grabbed the attention of the public. Once the public show how they like to use Willi as some sort of a humour-scapegoat, it got the attention of BMG and before you know it, Willi's got a chart-topping CD (something not done by an Asian since Ryuichi Sakamoto made it to no.1 back in the 60s).

And I think it's obvious why Willi was chosen to be the American Idolaughing-stock. He looks like a character out of a teen drama - the nerdy, Asian geek. He's only a money-making device for BMG - and again, that's why I reckon Willi shouldn't be called a "disgrace" b/c it's not 100% his fault. He does share part of the blame, but if anyone's going to be called a "disgrace", it's BMG, Fox Studios and American Idol for putting him up to this.

Just think of Willi as a clown - he's there to be used for people to laugh at him. He's making money, the record execs are making money and the public got a good joke from his 'music'.

- btw, which Chinese/HK artist's planning to make it in the US? If you're talking about CoCo Lee, she didn't even have any minute of fame when she had her try...so I guess it just shows the level of morals the US entertainment industry has these days, turning down CoCo and embracing Willi :p

Veritas
May 2nd, 2004, 05:40 PM

Not really...but it got 0 stars by the Melbourne Herald Sun, if that's any indication...

wongqks
May 2nd, 2004, 06:14 PM
Have to agree with what Ballbuster said - the guy's got a multimillion dollar record deal plonked on his hands by execs who don't give a rat's ass about how Will's career's gonna be "unfair", "unethical" or just "un-normal" (if that's a word). I wouldn't blame him for going with it - would you turn down a million dollar tattslotto ticket?

I u/stand where you're coming from, but if anyone's really to blame, it's the producers from American Idol/Fox who made a big deal about Willi's audition and grabbed the attention of the public. Once the public show how they like to use Willi as some sort of a humour-scapegoat, it got the attention of BMG and before you know it, Willi's got a chart-topping CD (something not done by an Asian since Ryuichi Sakamoto made it to no.1 back in the 60s).

And I think it's obvious why Willi was chosen to be the American Idolaughing-stock. He looks like a character out of a teen drama - the nerdy, Asian geek. He's only a money-making device for BMG - and again, that's why I reckon Willi shouldn't be called a "disgrace" b/c it's not 100% his fault. He does share part of the blame, but if anyone's going to be called a "disgrace", it's BMG, Fox Studios and American Idol for putting him up to this.

Just think of Willi as a clown - he's there to be used for people to laugh at him. He's making money, the record execs are making money and the public got a good joke from his 'music'.

- btw, which Chinese/HK artist's planning to make it in the US? If you're talking about CoCo Lee, she didn't even have any minute of fame when she had her try...so I guess it just shows the level of morals the US entertainment industry has these days, turning down CoCo and embracing Willi :p
I agree with you on that, it is really the execs I guess

vs1
May 2nd, 2004, 06:15 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't even think of wasting my time or money on his album. Go to amazon.com and read the dismal review. :rolleyes:

vs1
May 2nd, 2004, 06:15 PM
BTW...I think COCO ROCKS!!! :)

Smackie
May 2nd, 2004, 06:40 PM
Hahahah, I am SO suprised to see this thread in here. But I supposed the Kongese (including myself) have deep resentment to what William Hung has partially represented Hong Kong as a whole that forces us to express our disapproval whenever possible, even on a Tennis board.

It's hard to find anyone not wincing/laughing when he is on TV. My friends said 'You should have a go too, at least you sing better!'. Although I am NOT a good singer by any means, but I certainly can sing better.....it's the unshamefulness that he showed (like many failed candidates in the programme) that annoyed asians.

In general, I would say Asians are more modest and would not get on an international show like that unless s/he is VERY talented. The odacity he dug up to even consider partaking a competition like Pop Idol could interpret courage to some but foolishness to most others. Also, does he have ANY friends? What on earth did they think when he sang? Were they not brave enough to tell the truth? How about his family? Surely he would be advised not to make a fool of himself and the family and risk to be the laughing-stock of the year.

All in all, I wouldn't say he is a humiliation of Hong Kong but an ultimate embarassment to the people.

Do schools in the US teach pupils to be courageous and be thick face even failure is imminent?

If so, God bless America!

I hope, as one of the above post said, he grabs the money and live a good life but for god's sake, don't sing again on telly!

7~ŒLêV3ñ½
May 2nd, 2004, 06:46 PM
no no no no ... its his freaking life, he kinda left Hong Kong and Hong Kong prolly has no businees with him anymore, Hong Kong is one busy city to even prolly care about him.

Well right now in Hong Kong, the advertisement agencies went all over Hong Kong to look for a "talent", you know people who can roll their eyes, their tongue, some weird stuffs. Hong Kong doesn't even care about their own neightbours.

Hong Kong is even prolly proud that he is famous.

Princess Fiona
May 2nd, 2004, 07:02 PM
*looking at dismal_aptitude's and vs1's posts*

Wow... :eek: I still wonder what this album must sound like... I can't imagine sitting through a whole album of this!! :eek: My apologies to his fans...

I don't know - maybe he doesn't 'understand' that he is seen as a little bit of a comic figure? :confused: I don't understand how some people go on the Idol shows and they don't sing so well (believe me, if I went on one of these shows your ears would never forget it... :sad: *wishes for vocal talent* ;) ). I just saw a guy and felt that he was being made fun of a little bit and he didn't seem to see it. Okay, I only saw him on that American Idol show that time but I didn't really like it... Like people were laughing AT him and not WITH him...

Bright Red
May 2nd, 2004, 07:11 PM
Hahahah, I am SO suprised to see this thread in here. But I supposed the Kongese (including myself) have deep resentment to what William Hung has partially represented Hong Kong as a whole that forces us to express our disapproval whenever possible, even on a Tennis board.I suppose it's a cultural thing that I just don't understand. If Hung were doing something immoral or illegal, I guess I could see the need to express disapproval. But here's a guy who's just trying his best to become a star. What if this were his lifelong dream to sing in front of America. Just because he doesn't live up to your standard doesn't mean he's a failure.

It's hard to find anyone not wincing/laughing when he is on TV. My friends said 'You should have a go too, at least you sing better!'. Although I am NOT a good singer by any means, but I certainly can sing better.....it's the unshamefulness that he showed (like many failed candidates in the programme) that annoyed asians. Why should he be ashamed? After all, some people might actually enjoy his music. They are buying his records and attending his performances. Should he deny his real fans just because the majority of people dislike it? If everyone just gave up everytime people disapproved of them expressing themselves, we'd be at a real loss in society.

In general, I would say Asians are more modest and would not get on an international show like that unless s/he is VERY talented. The odacity he dug up to even consider partaking a competition like Pop Idol could interpret courage to some but foolishness to most others. Also, does he have ANY friends? What on earth did they think when he sang? Were they not brave enough to tell the truth? How about his family? Surely he would be advised not to make a fool of himself and the family and risk to be the laughing-stock of the year.I've heard him sing, and I would bet that everyone he's ever sang to probably told him he's terrible. But God bless him, he didn't give up and he's enjoying success. People come to the US all the time in hopes of realizing their dream. Good for him if his came true.

All in all, I wouldn't say he is a humiliation of Hong Kong but an ultimate embarassment to the people.
Do schools in the US teach pupils to be courageous and be thick face even failure is imminent?

If so, God bless America!America tries to teach us to believe in ourselves and to believe that the sky's the limit no matter where you start from if only you try, try, try. This is the American Dream. It seems Hung's a good example of it.

I hope, as one of the above post said, he grabs the money and live a good life but for god's sake, don't sing again on telly!:)

Bright Red
May 2nd, 2004, 07:15 PM
An interesting point...

There's a new "Idol"-type show coming out in the fall. They'll have contestants who don't know they can't sing and have them compete. It's a big prank--that is, the contestants won't know they're being ridiculed on national TV. Poor contestants.

Rocketta
May 2nd, 2004, 07:22 PM
I just want to know are Americans ashamed of the people who bought his album? :o I know I am. :o :o

Bright Red
May 2nd, 2004, 07:23 PM
I just want to know are Americans ashamed of the people who bought his album? :o I know I am. :o :o
Did you buy his album?:tape: :tape:

Rocketta
May 2nd, 2004, 07:25 PM
Did you buy his album?:tape: :tape:Eh! :unsure:

Ah! :unsure: :unsure:

Of course NOT! :p

I'm just ashamed of the Americans who did...:tape:

Bright Red
May 2nd, 2004, 07:31 PM
Eh! :unsure:

Ah! :unsure: :unsure:

Of course NOT! :p

I'm just ashamed of the Americans who did...:tape:
Americans will buy anything. So that would be no surprise to me. You seem to have good taste, so had you bought it, I'd be ashamed;)

Rocketta
May 2nd, 2004, 07:36 PM
Americans will buy anything. So that would be no surprise to me. You seem to have good taste, so had you bought it, I'd be ashamed;)
:lol:

If I had bought it I would've been ashamed of myself and I would've kept that secret til the grave...:p

Bright Red
May 2nd, 2004, 07:46 PM
:lol:

If I had bought it I would've been ashamed of myself and I would've kept that secret til the grave...:p
LOL (where's that smiley who's on its back laughing when you need it)

Rocketta
May 2nd, 2004, 07:47 PM
u mean the : haha : smiley? :haha:

- L i n a -
May 2nd, 2004, 08:03 PM
Whenever I think of Hong Kong... I think of PierceCheng.

So, no... William Hung is an improvement.

BigTennisFan
May 2nd, 2004, 08:19 PM
As I read many of these replies I have to remember that a lot of you are youngsters with very limited experience with the music business.Surely you don't think that the music business gives a fat rat's ass about talent. :lol:

Do any of you remember Mrs. Miller? How about Tiny Tim? And let's not even start with some of these so called out of tune singing divas that many of you worship. :rolleyes:

And I hate to be the skunk at the tea party again (well, not really. :hehehe: ) but it's ironic that people think that it's a duty to somehow denounce one of "theirs" :rolleyes: for something as innocuous as William Hung singing, but somehow it's not a duty to denounce one of "theirs" for murdering in the name of their religion.:o

Go figure.

CoryAnnAvants#1
May 2nd, 2004, 08:57 PM
First off there is no WAY William Hung got a million dollar recording contract. The only person I've heard of who got that for their debut album was 50 Cent. That was a BIG deal too, many people thought it was outrageous...but he obviously backed it up with his talent. Hung probably got $50,000 at most, which is nothing to sneeze at, but it's not a million.

And his record has sold about 45,000 or so copies in the US, almost all of them in the first week. So he's more or less done with it.

You've got to give him credit though. He saw there was a weird demand for him, got a record deal and cranked out an album in five weeks and voila. And he's playing at Madison Square Garden:o People bust their ass to play 1,000 seat theaters and he's playing the Garden. He's one of 15 other acts playing that day, but STILL...this has gotta be a thrill for him.

And FYI, he KNOWS he's not popular for the right reason, he even admits it. But he also said he can't change who he is. You have to respect that to some degree.

Also, I've heard Jennifer Lopez's (through a friend) tracks before they were put through that machine, and let me say she doesn't sound much better than William Hung;)

vs1
May 2nd, 2004, 09:06 PM
Thanks for the update, Bradshaw. :) Your J.Lo anecdote is funny as hell!! :lol: :lol: I'm sure a lot of artists sound questionable when they are 'raw.'

I can't believe he's playing The Garden. That's a crime.

I can't believe 45,000 bought his CD!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :lol: WTF?!?! :confused: How many time will these people even listen to this CD?!?! :lol:

wongqks
May 2nd, 2004, 09:20 PM
Hahahah, I am SO suprised to see this thread in here. But I supposed the Kongese (including myself) have deep resentment to what William Hung has partially represented Hong Kong as a whole that forces us to express our disapproval whenever possible, even on a Tennis board.

It's hard to find anyone not wincing/laughing when he is on TV. My friends said 'You should have a go too, at least you sing better!'. Although I am NOT a good singer by any means, but I certainly can sing better.....it's the unshamefulness that he showed (like many failed candidates in the programme) that annoyed asians.

In general, I would say Asians are more modest and would not get on an international show like that unless s/he is VERY talented. The odacity he dug up to even consider partaking a competition like Pop Idol could interpret courage to some but foolishness to most others. Also, does he have ANY friends? What on earth did they think when he sang? Were they not brave enough to tell the truth? How about his family? Surely he would be advised not to make a fool of himself and the family and risk to be the laughing-stock of the year.

If so, God bless America!

I hope, as one of the above post said, he grabs the money and live a good life but for god's sake, don't sing again on telly!You put all the words in my mouth.

It is a cultural thing, and I think a lot of you guys may not understand. Espeically when you are an ethnic minority living in a foreign country, you are always trying to make sure that you do well in everything to have people look up to you. We also learnt to be ambitious and try hard and work hard but realistic when we set our personal goals. When Hung have his 15 minutes of fame. I guess a lot of people feel that suddenly the most famous HK person in US is a person who technically become the laughing stock of America. And as much as you guys think that we are being too insecure or whatever, it does hurts. Coz we have so many great talent who will never able to make it in America, but suddenly someone who has no talent and has never work hard on pursuing his goal of music become so famous. It just discourage and amke people think that you do not need to work hard for your goal, and that everything will down to luck.

A lot of people will disagree with me on that I am sure, but I can assure you a lot of people esp from hk feel the same way

BigTennisFan
May 2nd, 2004, 09:26 PM
You put all the words in my mouth.

It is a cultural thing, and I think a lot of you guys may not understand. Espeically when you are an ethnic minority living in a foreign country, you are always trying to make sure that you do well in everything to have people look up to you. We also learnt to be ambitious and try hard and work hard but realistic when we set our personal goals. When Hung have his 15 minutes of fame. I guess a lot of people feel that suddenly the most famous HK person in US is a person who technically become the laughing stock of America. And as much as you guys think that we are being too insecure or whatever, it does hurts. Coz we have so many great talent who will never able to make it in America, but suddenly someone who has no talent and has never work hard on pursuing his goal of music become so famous. It just discourage and amke people think that you do not need to work hard for your goal, and that everything will down to luck.

A lot of people will disagree with me on that I am sure, but I can assure you a lot of people esp from hk feel the same way
I hate to be the one to break it to you, but in the music business it's more often about luck than anything else. That's just the way it is.

flyingmachine
May 2nd, 2004, 10:06 PM
Before I went to his website I had no idea who is he but after I saw his website. I feel :rolleyes: http://smileys.******************/cat/4/4_11_5.gif about him.
Is the Americans taking the PISS or Asians something just can't understand why. The fact that;
He CAN'T sing. I could sing better than him.
He CAN'T dance.
He is NOT good looking.
He is more useless than Victoria Beckham.
I could understand why some people in HK feel he is humiliation of HK. I think most poeple who brought his album is just taking a piss of him. Anyway good luck to him.
I hope he is not going to Britain/Europe to sing. It's too :rolleyes: and :haha: for me. :o

flyingmachine
May 2nd, 2004, 10:08 PM
I can't believe 45,000 bought his CD!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :lol: WTF?!?! :confused: How many time will these people even listen to this CD?!?! :lol:
I hope they will not become insane after listen to his album. :lol:

Bright Red
May 2nd, 2004, 10:11 PM
u mean the : haha : smiley? :haha:
In the words of Ray Charles...

You've got the right one, baby.

:haha:

- L i n a -
May 2nd, 2004, 11:07 PM
I don't think it's that big of a deal anyway...

There's so many awful singers today, who are only in the business for their looks, or for fucking the right people.

In a way, Hung is the same, because he is so bad that's it's cute and funny.

He's smart to make as much money as he can.

Kart
May 2nd, 2004, 11:15 PM
With a name like "Will Hung", the guy has to have something going for him!
LOL that name's definitely got star quality.

Not necessarily pop star quality but I've never heard of this guy.

Maybe I'll download some of his music but on reading some of the posts here, maybe not :tape:.

bigshow21
May 2nd, 2004, 11:20 PM
I don't think it's that big of a deal anyway...

There's so many awful singers today, who are only in the business for their looks, or for fucking the right people.

In a way, Hung is the same, because he is so bad that's it's cute and funny.

He's smart to make as much money as he can.

I agree with you!!

Besides all these people doing reality tv are humiliating themselves on national tv. I was just watching a show last night and the producers of the Real World asked someone to name their 3 favorite moments and their 3 worst moments. And the producer said that the 3 favorite moments would not air on the show while the 3 worst moments would. All the reality tv people want to humiliate people. That is how the shows do well. People like to see how others react in a humiliating situation.

I dont think William Hung can or ever will be a good singer but he is fun to watch. He makes me laugh. I dont necessarily think it is humilitation though.

Vincent
May 3rd, 2004, 12:15 AM
Whenever I think of Hong Kong... I think of PierceCheng.

So, no... William Hung is an improvement.Is that the only thing that you can think of Hong Kong? :sad: How sad is this? We have a beautiful Victoria Harbour which is famous all around the world, Huge shooping centres are over the places, we have efficient transport link, museums, parks...etc, still, I feel sad if PierceCheng is the only thing of Hong Kong.

Vincent
May 3rd, 2004, 12:24 AM
You put all the words in my mouth.

A lot of people will disagree with me on that I am sure, but I can assure you a lot of people esp from hk feel the same wayYour words couldn't be more accurate.

Smackie
May 3rd, 2004, 01:02 AM
After I read few more posts, I though who TF is Pierce Cheng???? I thought it's another 'quality' star like Will Hung but results from a quick google search show that he is a tennis forum slut....phew. (I wonder how many boards he uses concurrently)

Kart: Don't bother downloading, just waste of time...you will delete it 10 sec into the song....I promise...ok 20 sec then)

Lina/bigshow: Like flyingmachine said, he REALLY cannot sing, dance, is not good looking in ANY way (looks more like a computer geek) and is not cute....honest! You find it funny, and rightly so, but that's the whole problem to us....FUNNY! It's cool if it's an comical act....but unfortunately it's not. Even my friends find him hilarious and I had a couple of request of singing 'She Bangs'. All they got was 2 fingers!

It's safe to say that unless you are from the SE Asia region, otherwise you may just take it as a no harm entertainment. But to those from the region, it's hard to bear his stardom.

Now I know what to get for Christmas for someone I REALLY dislike.

Bright Red
May 3rd, 2004, 02:17 AM
It's safe to say that unless you are from the SE Asia region, otherwise you may just take it as a no harm entertainment. But to those from the region, it's hard to bear his stardom.

Now I know what to get for Christmas for someone I REALLY dislike.
If that's the case, then excuse me if I sounded insensitive in my earlier posts. Just know that he is in America now, and can't nobody stop him from singing.

Wigglytuff
May 3rd, 2004, 02:21 AM
An interesting point...

There's a new "Idol"-type show coming out in the fall. They'll have contestants who don't know they can't sing and have them compete. It's a big prank--that is, the contestants won't know they're being ridiculed on national TV. Poor contestants.

am i a bad person because i would actually watch this. and worse enjoy it.

william hung. the less said, known, seen, spoken of written about him the better.

Bright Red
May 3rd, 2004, 02:22 AM
am i a bad person because i would actually watch this. and worse enjoy it.

william hung. the less said, known, seen, spoken of written about him the better.
I can't lie. I'll be glued to my set watching, too.

wongqks
May 3rd, 2004, 02:54 AM
bright red, it is very good to see you understand what se asian people think.

this poll ask wheter hung is a disgrace to hk people, and I am 100% positive that more than 90% of people from se asia would have voted yes

Rocketta
May 3rd, 2004, 04:20 AM
bright red, it is very good to see you understand what se asian people think.

this poll ask wheter hung is a disgrace to hk people, and I am 100% positive that more than 90% of people from se asia would have voted yesactually I totally understand your point and if it was a black person most of the black posters on here would be highly upset, me included.

A4
May 3rd, 2004, 04:50 AM
He got a right to make a fool of himself while getting rich. Hell, I would too. Too bad a whole race of people is taking it personal.

It is not about what others think. Its about the opportunity that has landed on his doorstep. What should he do - turn it down.

I wouldn't.

Rather strange to see such sane commentary from Ballbuster.

azza
May 3rd, 2004, 05:08 AM
William hung is a fucken idiot the stupid Nerd i hate him :mad: so in america to get famous u have to be a Geek and sing bad? :confused: :retard:

blerr
May 3rd, 2004, 05:18 AM
:angel: Amen Azza

flyingmachine
May 3rd, 2004, 06:40 AM
William hung is a fucken idiot the stupid Nerd i hate him :mad: so in america to get famous u have to be a Geek and sing bad? :confused: :retard:
No for a non American to be famous in America your have to sleep with the Recored Manager. However I can't see how William Hung slept with the Recored Manager. Unless it's a 65 year old lady or the Manager's mother. :tape: No wonder as many British singers/bands didn't make it in America. :lol:

Anyway, do you think it's something to do with racism? I don't think people will found it funny if he's a white guy. :tape:

flyingmachine
May 3rd, 2004, 06:46 AM
I rather have this (Tata Young)
http://www.mthai.com/square/news/img/72274.jpg
anyday than Willliam Hung.

skanky~skanketta
May 3rd, 2004, 09:22 AM
he's an ugly irritant who pisses me off. he's a humiliation. period.

Jakeev
May 3rd, 2004, 02:22 PM
hung is a disgrace and became a laughing stock for the americans and he didn't even realise it. It is a shame, coz there are good singers in hong kong and china, and their chance of making it in america is technically ruined because of himThat is absolutely the most ridiculous comment I have read in this thread. If Williams Hung "technically" is ruining the chances of singers from Hong Kong or China from making it America, than why in the hell didn't they make here before he even showed up?

What was the name of that famous singer from Hong Kong who passed away from cancer last year? So Hung ruined her chances from being heard commercially in the States?

Argh I wish people would think before they write friggen stupid posts like this one.:fiery:

Aerien
May 3rd, 2004, 02:41 PM
Me too - I feel sorry for him... I only really saw him on the "American Idol" show with some of the others who didn't make it (Scat Girl and Army Girl etc) and it felt like he was being made fun of a little bit... I hope he'll make money and find happiness out of this. :)

Last I read he gets $25,000 for an appearance. So yeah, he's definitly making money.

I saw William Hung's audition on American Idol. The only reedeming thing that I saw in his performance was at least he remembered the lyrics of the entire song. :)

Kart
May 3rd, 2004, 02:43 PM
Kart: Don't bother downloading, just waste of time...you will delete it 10 sec into the song....I promise...ok 20 sec then)

I'm afraid I didn't read your advice in time ... I lasted 1 minute 57 seconds before I was laughing so much I had to stop :rolls:.

Ballbuster
May 3rd, 2004, 03:01 PM
actually I totally understand your point and if it was a black person most of the black posters on here would be highly upset, me included.

please Rocketta, we had more than our share of black buffoons. Forget, what you all say.

Need I say "Rerun"

I'd take the money and run, hell, none of those Asian people are going to pay his bills or his tuition.

Paneru
May 3rd, 2004, 03:10 PM

I wouldn't.

ITA! :cool:

BTW, this is one of the stupidest things
I've ever seen here! :lol:

Humiliation my ass,
baby boy is getting paid! :worship:

He's a brite college student who auditioned for a
singing contest and in the process captured the
hearts of many! Now he is capitalizing and
making the most of it! With his instant fame
and cash flow, he can set up a comfortable
life for him and his family!
Yeah, what a humiliation! ;)

He's a terrible singer but, people are lapping it up!
America latches on to one thing after another,
he's getting his 15 mins. and getting paid for each minute! :angel:

He can't sing but people loved the way he
handled himself, plus his unique *cough* style! :hatoff:

If any, the only humiliation is crazy Americans,
jumping from fad to fad, bandwagon to bandwagon! :nerner:

People need to get a grip!
Americans made him this star
and now people want to whine! :rolleyes:

He humiliates an entire people because he's smart enough
to take advantage of others stupidity(for lack of a better word)!

Give me a break, it isn't even that serious! :cool:

If only people were this concerned over real issues
that dealt with life and death struggles of the world!

Oh well, what a world! :cool:

Wigglytuff
May 3rd, 2004, 03:20 PM
actually I totally understand your point and if it was a black person most of the black posters on here would be highly upset, me included.

so true!!!

have read boondocks? the comic strip? i do love the most embaressing black person awards. although there were no awards this year :sad: :sad: .

Paneru
May 3rd, 2004, 03:24 PM

NO! :rolleyes:

This is supposed to be America,
you can buy whatever the hell you please!

Don't like it don't buy it,
simple as that! :wavey:

This shit is so rediculous! :cool:

What reality is this, really! :bolt:

Paneru
May 3rd, 2004, 03:32 PM
this poll ask wheter hung is a disgrace to hk people, and I am 100% positive that more than 90% of people from se asia would have voted yes

:rolleyes:

Yeah, he is a disgrace for making money from a voice
he never claimed was great, got dismissed, and yet
people still loved him!

What a disgrace that people would latch on to you
because you were genuine and was just being yourself! :rolleyes:

Get over it!

Education is important and with his new found fame and wealth
he can be a singer and get an education!

William Hung has shown he's an intelligent put together young man
and hasn't let it all go to his head. He's just be him and if people
want to pay for his music, more power to them!

People may be making fun of him and the executives who signed him as well
but, Mr. Hung will be laughing all the way to the bank!

Now, tell me who is the disgrace,
please! :rolleyes:

Rocketta
May 3rd, 2004, 04:35 PM
NO! :rolleyes:

This is supposed to be America,
you can buy whatever the hell you please!

Don't like it don't buy it,
simple as that! :wavey:

This shit is so rediculous! :cool:

What reality is this, really! :bolt:Oh please William Hung was no worse or uglier or genuine than any of those other white, black singers who stunk up the joint. Why didn't they push them? Hey I think he was genuine. So what? I wonder what the make-up of the buyers of the album was? I wonder how many Asians thought he was endearing and genuine?

I am embarrassed that so many Americans would go out and buy that album when there are talanted singers struggling to keep recording contracts.

I didn't buy it. It is America and it's my right to "feel" and express those feelings. I'm embarrassed that so many people bought that album. Did I say they shouldn't be allowed to buy the album? No so spare me the this is America.

Get back to me when I say they should be locked up for buying it. :rolleyes:

Jakeev
May 3rd, 2004, 10:01 PM
please Rocketta, we had more than our share of black buffoons. Forget, what you all say.

Need I say "Rerun"

I'd take the money and run, hell, none of those Asian people are going to pay his bills or his tuition.

Now, now let poor "rerun" rest in peace. The poor man did what he had to do. Scary thing he is the third person from that show to die in the last 4 years.

flyingmachine
May 3rd, 2004, 10:05 PM
Oh please William Hung was no worse or uglier or genuine than any of those other white, black singers who stunk up the joint. Why didn't they push them? Hey I think he was genuine. So what? I wonder what the make-up of the buyers of the album was? I wonder how many Asians thought he was endearing and genuine?

I am embarrassed that so many Americans would go out and buy that album when there are talanted singers struggling to keep recording contracts.

I didn't buy it. It is America and it's my right to "feel" and express those feelings. I'm embarrassed that so many people bought that album. Did I say they shouldn't be allowed to buy the album? No so spare me the this is America.

I agree with you on that. :worship: I rather buy a album because I like the songs than because everyone brought it for the sake of it.

flyingmachine
May 3rd, 2004, 10:07 PM
No much negativity! Let's turn this thread into love. :hearts: Kabuke :hearts: William HUNG :hearts: William HUNG Fans :kiss: Me :wavey: Williams HUNG fabulous songs :kiss: :hearts:
I hope you are not bring his album to Hong Kong. It sounds they will stone you for this. :lol:

Rocketta
May 3rd, 2004, 10:22 PM
so true!!!

have read boondocks? the comic strip? i do love the most embaressing black person awards. although there were no awards this year :sad: :sad: .
No, I don't read boondocks...I don't think we get that comic strip...:sad:

Rocketta
May 3rd, 2004, 10:29 PM

Need I say "Rerun"

Sweetie, Rerun had talent and was good at what he did. He was part of a dance group when he was discovered. You can not say the same for William Hung. He was discovered for his lack of talent. Oh and Rerun wasn't the bafoon on the show, hello, the guy who would say, "Hey Hey Hey"...:unsure: Although he was a total cutie...:drool:

Also, did I say anything against Mr. Hung? No I just said I can understand how the Asian community would be embarrased by him. I don't think the objection is to the stereotypes he reminds people of but to the fact that he plays into stereotypes and he's not even talented on top of that. :sad:

I also said I'm embarrassed by the number of Americans who bought the album. I don't have a problem with Mr. Hung making money not at all. I just have a problem with the people who are giving him the money. ;)

wongqks
May 3rd, 2004, 11:13 PM
why I am complaining about is that the only reason he got a record deal is becuase he has the worse look, worse voice, worse talent anyone can imagine to have to make it an music industry.

You can go on and on about some talentless artist exist right now like Britney Spears or whatever, but no offence, at least her talent is look and have a nice body. This is her asset. Hung asset is being really bad in everything

wongqks
May 3rd, 2004, 11:15 PM
and I will not respond to this thread anymore, coz the arguement will never end, I respect your opinion and hope you guys respect mine.

And also don't bring me crap like people are jealous or whatever. I will never ever trade money with for being humiliated in front of a nation and knowing that I didn't deserve it.

Veritas
May 5th, 2004, 03:04 PM
why I am complaining about is that the only reason he got a record deal is becuase he has the worse look, worse voice, worse talent anyone can imagine to have to make it an music industry.

You can go on and on about some talentless artist exist right now like Britney Spears or whatever, but no offence, at least her talent is look and have a nice body. This is her asset. Hung asset is being really bad in everything

I wouldn't wanna know what other 'asset' "Hung's" got :p

btw, have you heard of a rap song dissing Hung? It's done by a Korean tryhard rap group ( :rolleyes: ), and they always bring up how Willi looks as if he's got "down syndrome".

I :lol: for a bit before feeling :mad: about it. I mean, the guy's no model, but he's got guts to go up and do what he does.

You think? ;)

Ballbuster
May 5th, 2004, 04:42 PM
So what he's not the "looker" hell everybody in this world can't be Phoine....ask Cam'ron. I'm just glad the poor guy made out nicely. It may seem like he's being taken advantage of, but if his purse is exploding with dollars, he wins.

Cybelle Darkholme
May 6th, 2004, 02:11 PM
What do u think?
I think 'yes, he is'
actually your comment says more about your own self image than anything about him.

No he can't sing, but he's having fun and has a recording contract. No I dont think people are laughing with him, just at him but if he recognizes this he can pick up quite a nice paycheck and pay off his student loans and more.

Paneru
May 6th, 2004, 07:20 PM
Oh please William Hung was no worse or uglier or genuine than any of those other white, black singers who stunk up the joint. Why didn't they push them? Hey I think he was genuine. So what? I wonder what the make-up of the buyers of the album was? I wonder how many Asians thought he was endearing and genuine?

Oh get the hell over it! :rolleyes: :p

Good on William for getting his! :yeah:

Paneru
May 6th, 2004, 07:20 PM
actually your comment says more about your own self image than anything about him.

No he can't sing, but he's having fun and has a recording contract. No I dont think people are laughing with him, just at him but if he recognizes this he can pick up quite a nice paycheck and pay off his student loans and more.
:worship:

Paneru
May 6th, 2004, 07:21 PM
So what he's not the "looker" hell everybody in this world can't be Phoine....ask Cam'ron. I'm just glad the poor guy made out nicely. It may seem like he's being taken advantage of, but if his purse is exploding with dollars, he wins.
Yep! :cool:

Leave Cam alone! :p

Rocketta
May 6th, 2004, 07:29 PM
Oh get the hell over it! :rolleyes: :p

Good on William for getting his! :yeah:
Like I thought, you have no response. Why don't you get over that? :wavey:

Also, no where on this board have you seen me say anything negative about William Hung only about the people who prop him up to laugh at him. Would that be you? :tape:

Ballbuster
May 6th, 2004, 07:59 PM
the people who prop him up to laugh at him. Would that be you? :tape:

That is true! and they are laughing HARD.

It's almost unfair. But he's in America, Capitalism. If he is capitalising off it and don't care - why not us.

In the future, when he gets his teeth fixed maybe he will look back and laugh. But I don't think they can do much with those dance movements.

Rocketta
May 6th, 2004, 08:05 PM
That is true! and they are laughing HARD.

It's almost unfair. But he's in America, Capitalism. If he is capitalising off it and don't care - why not us.

In the future, when he gets his teeth fixed maybe he will look back and laugh. But I don't think they can do much with those dance movements.
I just hope that he turns that $ he's making it to large profits later in life and I sure hope he doesn't get use to the celebrity life cause that is not going to last long.

Ballbuster
May 6th, 2004, 08:08 PM
I just hope that he turns that $ he's making it to large profits later in life and I sure hope he doesn't get use to the celebrity life cause that is not going to last long.

Well, at least the poor chap can pay for his education. Now that is something he can use. Hopefully, the people in the office won't use it against him in the future.

Rocketta
May 6th, 2004, 08:10 PM
Well, at least the poor chap can pay for his education. Now that is something he can use. Hopefully, the people in the office won't use it against him in the future.
Sure he can pay for it but will he? I'm sure he quit school, I heard him say in an interview he wasn't a good student (by his standards I guess). I doubt he's been doing all these appearances and still taking engineering classes..

Paneru
May 6th, 2004, 09:24 PM
Like I thought, you have no response. Why don't you get over that? :wavey:

Also, no where on this board have you seen me say anything negative about William Hung only about the people who prop him up to laugh at him. Would that be you? :tape:

Whatever! :rolleyes:

Question is, why do you give a damn? :p

He's doing his thing and is getting paid!
Also, you don't know why anyone who likes him does, they have their
own reasons, so don't generalize as you are so good at! :cool:

William can't sing and I'd never buy any cd
of his but I do like him as a person.

These record execs. are banking on
people laughing at him and selling more and more.
However, William
seems wise enough to know the game
and gets the last laugh in the end! :)

Paneru
May 6th, 2004, 09:27 PM
Sure he can pay for it but will he? I'm sure he quit school, I heard him say in an interview he wasn't a good student (by his standards I guess). I doubt he's been doing all these appearances and still taking engineering classes..

Why do you care so much as to what he
chooses to do and how he does it? :cool:

Rocketta
May 6th, 2004, 11:41 PM
Why do you care so much as to what he
chooses to do and how he does it? :cool:
What makes you think I care? :confused:

I care for American Idol....I can't help it if they keep trotting him out. I would hope for anyone to pay for their education first? Why wouldn't I for William Hung?

The question to you is why shouldn't I care?

Rocketta
May 6th, 2004, 11:46 PM
Whatever! :rolleyes:

Question is, why do you give a damn? :p

He's doing his thing and is getting paid!
Also, you don't know why anyone who likes him does, they have their
own reasons, so don't generalize as you are so good at! :cool:

William can't sing and I'd never buy any cd
of his but I do like him as a person.

These record execs. are banking on
people laughing at him and selling more and more.
However, William
seems wise enough to know the game
and gets the last laugh in the end! :)Why do you keep making this a discussion about William Hung when I clearly have said I don't have a problem with him. :shrug:

Second, of course the record company is banking on people laughing at him to buy the album that's the whole point which is why I said I understand how the Asians who have expressed embarrasment would feel.

William has a right to do what he's doing.

People have a right to laugh at him....

I have a right to voice my opinion......

You don't want to be embarrassed about the American's who bought his album then don't....:unsure:

the real question is why do you care that I don't agree with you so much? :confused: