PDA

View Full Version : Venus Williams Chats with the People of POLAND

Foot_Fault
May 2nd, 2004, 03:21 AM
If this has been posted already please forgive me.

Venus Williams: Hello everybody, I'm very happy to be here again. Come and cheer me on.

szymczyk212: How do you feel after such a strenuous victory over Zuluaga?

Venus Williams: Quite good actually. I had to fight hard for every point during that match.

thebob: You had a very demanding opponent today, were you expecting such a difficult match?

Venus Williams: I was expecting to do better but I'm happy to have won this 1,5 hour match.

thebob: You seemed very happy with the crowd after the match. Did their cheering by the spectators help you win?

Venus Williams: Everybody is very nice here and I like that. It helps a lot.

michael__: Venus, how do you like it here in Poland and what do you think about the J&S Cup tournament?

Venus Williams: Well, first of all I have been here before and I came back to play. The tournament is very well organized.

michael__: Venus, in your opinion, who is going to win this tournament?

Venus Williams: I won't let anybody else win, I hope...

swirek98: Who do you think will be your toughest opponent during the cup?

Venus Williams: It's difficult to say, even today I had a tough match as it turned out. Every match could prove a challenge.

szymczyk212: What about your injuries, have they finally stopped bothering you?

Venus Williams: Every day I try to be healthy, it's one of my major goals for this year.

michal_skarzysko: What do you think about Polish tennis, do you think it has a chance of reaching a high professional level?

Venus Williams: There's always a chance, I hope. I saw a lot of kids practicing and that's the future right there.

Fun_Tennisa: Why is it that a couple of years ago you won everything easily and now victories are getting harder and harder to come by? The Belgians are at the top, and the Russians are getting good....

Venus Williams: You just gave yourself an answer right there.

american_tennis_fan: Are you going to beat Amelie Mauresmo this year?

Venus Williams: Of course! I love to win.

boll: Is Serena going to be number one in the near future? Which one of you is the better player at the moment?

Venus Williams: At present we are concentrated on our individual matches. We are both good.

paweł29: Do you sometimes play your sister just for fun?

_arwenka_: Do you like to play your sister?

Venus Williams: We just practice together.

sportsmenka: Who is your favorite player to compete against?

Venus Williams: I don't know... I like to play everybody.

okrencik: Dear Venus, you are one of the best tennis players in the world, what is the key to success? I'm asking because we have virtually no tennis players in Poland aside maybe from our doubles pair ranked 15...

Venus Williams: The key? Hard work... a little bit of talent won't hurt but hard work is the key. Talent just isn't enough.

małgosia_16_łódź_: Do you design the outfits you compete in and if so, what is more important to you fashion trends or comfort?

Venus Williams: I don't like trendy outfits, I don't pay much attention to trends. I don't like to look like everyone else.

Ewa2: Aside from th J&S Cup, which tournament do you like best?

Venus Williams: The J&S Cup.

olena: What is the difference between playing in front of a couple of dozen Polish spectators in Warsaw and a couple of thousand at Wimbledon?

Venus Williams: Actually, I don't see much difference... I like to play when there is a lot of people watching.

barteck: You achieved virtually everything there is to achieve in tennis, do you still have the motivation it takes to keep fighting on the court?

Venus Williams: Of course I'm motivated, I think that's rather obvious. I want to win every match I play.

michael__: What are your goals concerning tennis for this year?

Venus Williams: Like I just said, I want to win every match I play.

american_tennis_fan: Are you going to the Olympics? If not is there a chance of seeing you at the tournament in Sopot?

Venus Williams: Yes, I'm going to the Olympics.

Olexia: What can you tell us about Andy Roddick? Do you like the way he plays?

Venus Williams: He's a very good tennis player...

sportsmenka: Let's talk about your plans for the future... How much longer are you going to play tennis?

Venus Williams: All my life. Tennis is a sport for any age.

edora80: What do you think you'd be doing right now if you couldn't play tennis?

Venus Williams: I think I'd be studying something... art maybe...

VENUS_U_RE_PERFECT_: Venus, when will we have the opportunity to see you play doubles with your sister? =)

Venus Williams: Not anytime soon I believe...

Fun_Tennisa: Aren't you afraid of terrorist attacks? The American Olympic team has doubts about going to Athens...

Venus Williams: No.

Kim_córka_Leo: There's been a lot of talk about illegal substances lately. Are they present on the womens tour?

Venus Williams: I don't know, I'm not the person to ask. All the athletes are professionals.

bartek5648: Are you coming back to Poland?

Venus Williams: Yes, I like coming here.

Venus Williams: Thank you for the chat. Please come and see me play.

Courtesy of WTA Tour

Seenus
May 2nd, 2004, 03:40 AM
thanks

MisterQ
May 2nd, 2004, 03:45 AM
Her answers are rather terse. maybe she was in a hurry?

I do know that she likes Poland. Actually, she shows an interest in all cultures, that's one reason I like Venus Williams. :)

Rocketta
May 2nd, 2004, 03:48 AM
Well I guess she has been asked to be on the Olympic team...:eek:

Knizzle
May 2nd, 2004, 03:52 AM
There is a video that goes along with this interview on the tourney website. She was eating while answering questions. She had a big plate of food. That girl can eat!!

tennisIlove09
May 2nd, 2004, 04:01 AM
Thanks for posting. I first read it on www.VenusWilliams.com (http://www.VenusWilliams.com)

MisterQ
May 2nd, 2004, 04:02 AM
There is a video that goes along with this interview on the tourney website. She was eating while answering questions. She had a big plate of food. That girl can eat!!

:lol:

Paneru
May 2nd, 2004, 04:27 AM

:lol:

http://www.jandscup.pl/filmy/040428_williams_chat.wmv

SJW
May 2nd, 2004, 10:33 AM
*so gone* :haha:

Foot_Fault
May 2nd, 2004, 11:31 AM
She was Chomping Down! LOL

venusfan
May 2nd, 2004, 02:29 PM
That was funny.. but how tall are the doors over there in Poland. Looks like if Venus was 4 inches taller she would have to bend.

Pureracket
May 2nd, 2004, 02:38 PM
Nice interview. Venus looks so poised and confident. Also, she had a whole plate of carbs. I wonder if she had to eat all of that because of her slim body and her intense workout regimine.

This J&S tournament has overall done an excellent, excellent job with posting these candid interviews for everybody to be able to view.:)

Mrs. Peel
May 2nd, 2004, 03:17 PM
:lol: Venus was so relaxed...getting her grub on lolololol..just when she would get some food in her mouth they'd ask a question lol :lol:

Bezz
May 2nd, 2004, 03:37 PM
A good interview, alittle short in her answer, and pretty much answered the questions with the same answer. Well at least she is motivated i guess! :cool:

TeeRexx
May 2nd, 2004, 03:42 PM
Media: So, what do you think of Warsaw?

VENUS: It is *chomp* a great *munch* city. * chomp* *chew* *crunch!*

Media: Will you play here again?

VENUS: Yep. *chew* *chew* Pass the gravy, please. I sure will. * chew* *munch*

Media: What do you like best about Warsaw?

VENUS: *munch* *crunch!* *chew* The food. *bite* *slurp* *buurrpp!*

Hulet
May 2nd, 2004, 03:49 PM
Are you sure Venus was aware of this was a chat and not an interrogation? ;)

CoolDude__: Do you like to play Serena?
Venus: We just practice together.
CoolDude__: Answer the question
Venus: As I said, we just ....
CoolDude__: Your honour, we have a hostile witness
JudgeJudy: Answer the question.
Venus: I take the fifth.
CoolDude__: Let me rephrase the question: what do you feel after Serena beats you?
Lawyer: I object your honour - my client doesn't have to answer that.
Venus: We just practice together.

Drama.

Hulet
May 2nd, 2004, 03:51 PM
Thanks for posting. I first read it on www.VenusWilliams.com (http://www.VenusWilliams.com)
I am sorry, but these days you remind me of that guy who is obssesed of Wendy's burgers on Wendy's commercials. Every chance you get, you are plugging this website.