PDA

View Full Version : Hotels near Roland Garros?

GoConchi
May 1st, 2004, 11:44 PM
Hey can anyone give me the name of some hotels in Paris, near Roland Garros?

Thanks for any help! :wavey:

"Sluggy"
May 3rd, 2004, 09:48 AM
I can help you possibly with a few hotels in Puteaux, where I live. It is about 20 minutes on the tramway and then a 15 minute bus ride to the stadium. Puteaux if very pretty, quaint, and practical. Let me know if that can help you.

Maggie&MomoFan
May 9th, 2004, 08:49 PM
what is the official players hotel. my dad said even thugh we live in paris, we can sty a couple nights in it!

tibe
May 9th, 2004, 09:58 PM
last year I stayed in an 'etap hotel'. it's not luxurious or anything but it's pretty cheap. there are a couple of them in paris. http://www.etaphotel.com/etaphotel/index.html

Tryphon
May 9th, 2004, 11:25 PM
It's not really important to be close to Roland-Garros, what makes sense though is to try to be near a subway station that has good connections with the Roland-Garros subway line (Paris is smaller than London for instance and has a better subway network)

You can try lastminute.com or sites like that to find ideas and interesting prices.

Etap Hotel is good for a good price but not in the center of Paris and often sold out.

fresh2flash
May 10th, 2004, 09:14 AM
It's not really important to be close to Roland-Garros, what makes sense though is to try to be near a subway station that has good connections with the Roland-Garros subway line
In this I totally agree. Me myself live all the time in the 5th district during RG. It has a direct connection with the stadium.

DiNaPic
May 11th, 2004, 04:04 PM
Hey can anyone give me the name of some hotels in Paris, near Roland Garros?

Thanks for any help! :wavey:
I used to stay at OLYMPIC HOTEL and HOTEL REGINA, which are located in Boulogne, are abt. 15 - 20 minutes walking distance, but according to my experience, there is little chance that any vacancies might be left. I normally made my reservations in January (not going this year).
Many players live in these hotels, too. I had regularly breakfast with Nic Arendt at REGINA's, for example, as she is an early bird as I am.

For your guidance, there is no "Official Players Hotel". Players receive vouchers for hotels and have to arrange accomodation by themselves. If they chose a cheaper hotel than the voucher amount, they can make extra profit.

tennisIlove09
May 11th, 2004, 10:28 PM
Hotel & Residence du Roy Offers Paris Packages For Roland Garros
By Tennis Week
05/11/2004

Defending Roland Garros champions Juan Carlos Ferrero and Justine Henin-Hardenne aren't the only people planning extended stays in Paris this spring. Tennis fans flocking to the City Of Light for Roland Garros, which begins on May 24th, can find an assortment of accommodations for a pleasing Parisian trip.
The Hotel & Résidences du Roy (http://www.hroy.com/), the official Parisian hotel of Tennis Week magazine, is offering several special packages suited for fans attending Roland Garros and visitors to Paris.

The Hotel la Residence du Roy in Paris offers a one bedroom suite for one to four persons that includes breakfast and welcome gift for €244 per night or a room for two with breakfast and welcome gift included for €195 per night.

For more information, please visit the Hotel & Résidences du Roy (http://www.hroy.com/) web site.

Steveg
May 11th, 2004, 10:40 PM
what is the official players hotel. my dad said even thugh we live in paris, we can sty a couple nights in it!There are five official hotels for the tournament :

- Le California : 16 rue de Berri, 18e
- Le Concorde Lafayette : 3 Place du General Koenig, 17e
- Le Sofitel Arc de Triomphe : 14 rue Beaujon, 8e
- Le Warwick : 5 rue de Berri, 18e
- Le Pierre et Vacances : Issy-les-Moulineaux

JoeB_UK
May 12th, 2004, 05:32 PM
ok, i got a place for 93 euros a night, 10-15 minutes walk away

http://www.venere.com/cgi/hotels/pgweb.php?htid=130960&ref=11874

MARIANO
May 12th, 2004, 06:40 PM
Hi!! I need help!! I´ll be in paris 28, 29 & 30; and I would like to know if tickets are usually available at the stade box office every day...
at least tickets for outside courts...

thanksss for any help!!

fresh2flash
May 13th, 2004, 02:24 PM
I´ll be in paris 28, 29 & 30; It will be the 1st week-end and these are traditionally the most attendable days. For example the tickets for the 3 main courts were sold out back in March. But there alwais is a possibility to buy so called "evening tickets", from 17.00 or 18.00 p.m. or pay attention to the black market.