PDA

View Full Version : Rankings (Wimbledon)

SerenaSlam
May 1st, 2004, 09:32 PM
I was just wondering what you all may have thought the rankings would look like come Wimbledon time. I was just looking at them, and points coming off, and comparing how the players played, and thought up how they might do in certain tournies and then just what their rank/seed would be for wimbledon. Venus is why im most surprised, and i think she can do. If she wins tomorrow she be number 11. When you look at the rankings, there is no gap really between being number 11 and number 6. A good showing at Berlin, could have her around number 6. And when you think about the points Nadia and Serena have to defend and the way venus has been handling the clay courts, a good showing at the French could have venus at around number 5, and a great tournieat RG could get her at number 4 or 3 b/c Amelie really has a hella ponits to defend, and she hasn't done that good a job yet. She has semis in Berlin, and Finals in Rome to defend, and i think she will honestly be getting tired and either w/drawl this week or next week. But Venus has a good chance to even be ranked in the actual rankigns higher than serena when wimbledon come when you base it on how well she has been playing on the clay.

Here is what I think the rankigns will look like come Wimbledon

Jusitne
Kim
Venus
Lindsay
Serena
Amelie
Nadia
Jennifer
Vera
Elena

Interesting thing i should mention that if it was someone ranked number 2 either than kim right now, i think after RG they would pass Justine, b/c i don't think she has it in her to win any tournies yet on clay this year. That is my opinion. She only has 2 more chances and I just feel that way.

!<blocparty>!
May 1st, 2004, 10:04 PM
well, Venus would not be ranked ahead of Lindsay as she has vertually no points to defend in the clay season, and she will probably reach @ least the fourth round of the French Open, and definately the quartrs of wimby.

ptkten
May 1st, 2004, 10:11 PM
yeah...I agree it's possible but I doubt Venus will pass Lindsay and Serena, just my opinion, but I do hope she does

tenn_ace
May 1st, 2004, 10:11 PM
what about Nastia Myskina? she has barely any points (137) to defend before Wimbledon...

Is she planning to retire before Wimbledon?

LindsayRocks89
May 1st, 2004, 10:15 PM
i think to top 5 will look something like this......
1.Justine
2.Kim
3.Lindsay
4.Venus
5.Serena/Momo

the reason i put Venus infront of Serena is because serena has semi points to defend at Rome, she has semis also at Paris, Venus only has 4th round, also if anyone besides Justine or Kim wins Paris, they would be receiving alot of points, so from Lindsay on down they could all make considerably nice rises in the ranks

fammmmedspin
May 1st, 2004, 10:29 PM
There are a 1000 points between Venus and Myskina - winning Berlin and getting to the Fo final still wouldn't close that gap - she would need to play somewhere else and get to the final. I think l You are right though Petrova to Kuznetsova is getting crowded - the problem is some of them are improving and others might return to form and the ones who are most competitive with Venus have points to gain too. Lindsay and a fit Momo have opportunities to stay well ahead of Venus and she isn't going to catch them even if she plays 2 before the French and something before Wimbledon unless they take to their sick beds

esquímaux
May 1st, 2004, 10:58 PM
No Chanda? :shrug:..:o

jan.
May 2nd, 2004, 12:19 AM
where the hell is myskina.

tennisIlove09
May 2nd, 2004, 12:25 AM
I think we have enough problems predicting the rankings week by week, yet alone months in advance

Volcana
May 2nd, 2004, 12:26 AM
Of course, Venus is defending about 800 points FROM Wimbledon. Which isn't althat relevant because they'll seed her wherever they want. She's made the finals the last four years so somehow I doubt we'll see her seeded out side the top four. Depending, of course, on that will mean shafting.

actually, whothe hel knows. They may go by the actual rankings. WB is on its own planet.

switz
May 2nd, 2004, 05:07 AM
no offense serenaslam, but usually when you make the predictions the opposite ends up happening.

i think venus will probably get to 4 or 6 by wimbledon, but ultimately you never really know with her because she could easily withdraw from berlin and injuries are always something that can come back (hopefully not of course).

i think patty will be top 10 after RG because she is going to win it.

Greenout
May 2nd, 2004, 05:28 AM
Lindsay and Venus don't have much to defend from last season, they
should go higher in the coming weeks. Can't really judge the others; but
your Maria's etc.. all should be going higher.

I'm surprised Ai is still in the top 10. She's gotta get her act together.

Rtael
May 2nd, 2004, 05:29 AM
no offense serenaslam, but usually when you make the predictions the opposite ends up happening.

i think venus will probably get to 4 or 6 by wimbledon, but ultimately you never really know with her because she could easily withdraw from berlin and injuries are always something that can come back (hopefully not of course).

i think patty will be top 10 after RG because she is going to win it.

:cuckoo:

switz
May 2nd, 2004, 06:00 AM
:cuckoo:

i was joking. i suppose sprem is going to win :lol:

switz
May 2nd, 2004, 06:02 AM
even if i wasn't joking it would not be that insane for me to say it because patty has made a GS semi and tier I semi on clay this year. she has shown throughout her career she can beat (and indeed lose) to anyone.

Buitenzorg
May 2nd, 2004, 06:03 AM
I reckon would be :

01. Justine
02. Kim
03. Davenport
04. Mauresmo
05. Myskina
06. Venus
07. Serena
08. Zvonareva
09. Dementieva
10. Sugiyama

Chunchun
May 2nd, 2004, 06:21 AM
1 Henin
2 Clijsters
3 Mauresmo
4 Davenport
5 Myskina
6 Serena
7 Dementieva
8 Capriati
9 Venus
10 Zvonareva

GoGoMaggie
May 2nd, 2004, 07:38 AM
I was just wondering what you all may have thought the rankings would look like come Wimbledon time. I was just looking at them, and points coming off, and comparing how the players played, and thought up how they might do in certain tournies and then just what their rank/seed would be for wimbledon. Venus is why im most surprised, and i think she can do. If she wins tomorrow she be number 11. When you look at the rankings, there is no gap really between being number 11 and number 6. A good showing at Berlin, could have her around number 6. And when you think about the points Nadia and Serena have to defend and the way venus has been handling the clay courts, a good showing at the French could have venus at around number 5, and a great tournieat RG could get her at number 4 or 3 b/c Amelie really has a hella ponits to defend, and she hasn't done that good a job yet. She has semis in Berlin, and Finals in Rome to defend, and i think she will honestly be getting tired and either w/drawl this week or next week. But Venus has a good chance to even be ranked in the actual rankigns higher than serena when wimbledon come when you base it on how well she has been playing on the clay.

Here is what I think the rankigns will look like come Wimbledon

Jusitne
Kim
Venus
Lindsay
Serena
Amelie
Nadia
Jennifer
Vera
Elena

Interesting thing i should mention that if it was someone ranked number 2 either than kim right now, i think after RG they would pass Justine, b/c i don't think she has it in her to win any tournies yet on clay this year. That is my opinion. She only has 2 more chances and I just feel that way.
What have you been smoking as of late? I seriously question your intellectual capacity.

LucasArg
May 2nd, 2004, 07:57 AM
The important thing about Venus is that she has nothing to defend after Wimbly, and she really does well on US hardcourts!

spike83
May 2nd, 2004, 08:05 AM
1 Henin-Hardenne
2 Clijsters
3 Myskina
4 Davenport
5 Serena

as Myskina has not many points to defend at Roland Garros and also not many at wimbledon...

TheBoiledEgg
May 2nd, 2004, 08:32 AM
taking ALL pts off from now until end of Birmingham (when Wim seeds done)

this is how it looks but still alot of POINTS to be added from BER, ROM, RG

1-Justine Henin-Hardenne.....6197
2-Kim Clijsters....................5318
3-Lindsay Davenport...........2822
4-Anastasia Myskina...........2693
5-Amelie Mauresmo.............2562
6-Elena Dementieva............2153
7-Jennifer Capriati..............2023
8-Nadia Petrova.................1814
9-Ai Sugiyama...................1769
10-Venus Williams..............1753
11-Svetlana Kuznetsova......1731
12-Serena Williams.............1661
13-Vera Zvonareva.............1565
14-Chanda Rubin................1522

!<blocparty>!
May 2nd, 2004, 09:26 AM

Yeah, that was a god way of doin it!!:D

TheBoiledEgg
May 2nd, 2004, 09:28 AM
Tatiana to serve for match 6-2 *5-4

switz
May 2nd, 2004, 10:20 AM
Tatiana to serve for match 6-2 *5-4

:confused:

TheBoiledEgg
May 2nd, 2004, 10:38 AM
posted it in wrong thread :o :) oops

jenny161185
May 2nd, 2004, 12:38 PM
I think Venus will get to number 6 for Wimby

VRULES
May 2nd, 2004, 01:52 PM

Venus should move past Aiand Nadia with her win today, or is this with her win. Then she could pass Cappy and Elena on the safe points in Berlin, because I don't see Cappy getting deep anywhere until the harcourts of summer, but she can do well at any slam, and Elena just isnt playing now, and hasn't show good form other than in Miami.