View Full Version : Guess what...Clijsters and Hewitt won 2 titles today

spiceboy
May 1st, 2004, 04:52 PM
Elke Clijsters won singles at $10K Bournemouth

Jaslyn Hewitt won doubles at the same tournament

Go girls, you both ROCK :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

jonny84
May 1st, 2004, 04:54 PM
Congratulations to them both - hopefully Elke can climb and improve so we have another top top sisterly rivalry at t'top

SerialKiller#69
May 1st, 2004, 06:12 PM
:banana:

MLF
May 1st, 2004, 06:14 PM
Elke Clijsters beat Melanie South of Great Britain 3-6 6-1 6-2 in the final. It was a very weird tournament - lots of retirements and Elke even won two of her matches through w/o.

harloo
May 1st, 2004, 06:16 PM
These two are really like what Patrick Mcenroe was to John Mcenroe.:rolleyes: :lol:

esquímaux
May 1st, 2004, 06:26 PM
Elke won a tourney :eek: What's the world coming to! :p Congrats elkybelky :hatoff:

spiceboy
May 1st, 2004, 07:28 PM
These two are really like what Patrick Mcenroe was to John Mcenroe.:rolleyes: :lol:
They'd love to :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ace4lleykim
May 1st, 2004, 07:35 PM
Wow, congrats to Elke and Jaslyn. :banana::clap2:

ßcoene
May 1st, 2004, 11:23 PM
Great news. :)

Let's hope Elke continues her good form so she can get to a better ranking.

tennisIlove09
May 1st, 2004, 11:26 PM
How the hell did Elke win a title, yet alone a match?

spiceboy
May 1st, 2004, 11:53 PM
How the hell did Elke win a title, yet alone a match?Beating all these players :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

1st round: Coombs #475
2nd round: Huck #1016
Quarterfinals: no play
Semifinals: no play
Final: South #523

Not the greatest field I'd say plus winning the whole thing with a win over a player out the Top 1000 and 2 Brits on clay :tape: :tape: :tape:

esquímaux
May 1st, 2004, 11:55 PM
Beating all these players :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Not the greatest field I'd say plus winning the whole thing with a win over a player out the Top 1000 and 2 Brits on clay :tape: :tape: :tape:OMG! :tape: I hope Elke can take it as inspiration nonetheless :tape:

GoDominique
May 2nd, 2004, 12:01 AM
A win is a win though :)

:banghead: :mad: :fiery: :shout:

Sharapova's_Boy
May 2nd, 2004, 01:35 AM
:help: @ all the Elke haters. :rolleyes: :p

Udachi Elke :D :yeah:

As GoDom said, A win is a win. ;) :rocker:

disposablehero
May 2nd, 2004, 03:02 AM
How the hell did Elke win a title, yet alone a match?
Because she's a good tennis player, despite some people's wishes to the contrary.

kim4eva
May 2nd, 2004, 03:12 AM
Congrats to Elke and Jaslyn :worship:

Vincent
May 2nd, 2004, 03:19 AM
Does Elke really play that bad? http://smileys.******************/cat/4/4_6_2v.gif (http://www.******************/?partner=ZSzeb001)
But congrats!! Clijsters and Jaslyn!! http://smileys.******************/cat/4/4_1_112.gif (http://www.******************/?partner=ZSzeb001)

ace4lleykim
May 2nd, 2004, 03:25 AM

Not the greatest field I'd say plus winning the whole thing with a win over a player out the Top 1000 and 2 Brits on clay :tape: :tape: :tape:

How come she's not playing quarter or semi? Aren't you suppose to play? Or the opponents let her walk over? :scratch:

~|Naomi|~
May 2nd, 2004, 05:41 AM
:lol: at all those trying to down play Elke's victory sure they weren't the world's highest ranked players but I'd like to see you all do better.......

Greenout
May 2nd, 2004, 05:47 AM

Please, I'm sure if given the chance The Elk would be a far better
tv tennis commentator on a Flemmish television network than
Patrick "I love you Andy Roddick, marry me please!" McEnroe
is back in the USA. ;)

Brαm
May 2nd, 2004, 07:24 AM

Would you have created a thread about this tournament, had Melanie South won?

SpikeyAidanm
May 2nd, 2004, 07:28 AM
Imagine if Jaslyn, Elke, Kim, Lleyton, Joachim Johansson and er Elke's bf won tennis tournies on the same weekend :o

Pdm1987
May 2nd, 2004, 10:03 AM
Melanie :o At least you have the excuse it was clay :p

crazzzy_grrl
May 2nd, 2004, 10:13 AM
Imagine if Jaslyn, Elke, Kim, Lleyton, Joachim Johansson and er Elke's bf won tennis tournies on the same weekend :o

I didnt know Elke's bf was a tennis player... but that would be hell funny :lol:

But congrats to both Jaslyn and Elke :bounce:

The Crow
May 2nd, 2004, 10:20 AM
Questioning Elke's WC's is one thing, making fun of her when she just won her first ITF-tourney is a whole other thing :rolleyes:

Anyway good tourney Elke!!!

Sarah<Kim-fan>
May 2nd, 2004, 10:22 AM
I didnt know Elke's bf was a tennis player... but that would be hell funny :lol:

I don't think he is, isn't he a soccerplayer???

Elke
May 2nd, 2004, 07:00 PM
congrats to them!!!:yippee:

yup, Elke's bf is a soccerplayer and a very gorgeous one too!:angel::hearts:

anabel
May 2nd, 2004, 09:31 PM
Would you have created a thread about this tournament, had Melanie South won?
Oh please.. The thing is that Elke is more known that most of the players she play or even players ranked well ahead of her... Who knows Melanie on the board and who knows Elke? So yes she deserves a thread :p

~|Naomi|~
May 3rd, 2004, 07:00 AM
Oh please.. The thing is that Elke is more known that most of the players she play or even players ranked well ahead of her... Who knows Melanie on the board and who knows Elke? So yes she deserves a thread :p

well South actually has her own official website http://www.melaniesouth.net Elke doesn't have an official website.

Coombs and South are ranked ahead of Elke, when these points go on Elke will be ranked above them but at the time of the tournament they were ranked higher and so Elke upset them. Also South won a 10K event in India last month so is hardly a push over at this level.

esquímaux
May 3rd, 2004, 07:05 AM
Questioning Elke's WC's is one thing, making fun of her when she just won her first ITF-tourney is a whole other thing :rolleyes:

Anyway good tourney Elke!!!
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Princess Fiona
May 3rd, 2004, 12:01 PM
Congrats to Elke and congrats to Jaslyn!! :) I hope that this will give them confidence... :)

(I have vague memories of Kim winning a 10K tournament a few years ago - was it 1999? Aaaaah... *trying to think* ;) )

Cilla
May 3rd, 2004, 01:37 PM
Well done Girls :banana: