-----------------------
_22 Schiavone
_14 Kuznetsova

Greenout
May 1st, 2004, 03:50 PM
No. It's a deeper draw. DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Volcana
May 1st, 2004, 03:52 PM
No. It's a deeper draw. DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!Aren't I supposed to be on your ignore list?:) And, incidentally, the size of the draw doesn't affect the number of player in the semis. Think hard, you'll be able to figure that out.

7~LV3
May 1st, 2004, 03:54 PM
same Semis, Same Finals...with ms Venus winning... goodie goods...

Greenout
May 1st, 2004, 03:56 PM
Unfortunately the ignore list only works when you "log" in. Every
irksome word is still shown as a message if you just go to WTAworld.
A real shame this. ;)

Experimentee
May 1st, 2004, 04:02 PM
I agree with you except I think Clijsters will make it instead of Vera and possibly Safina or Mandula instead of Schiavone.

WF4EVER
May 1st, 2004, 04:06 PM
will be? not could be?

crazillo
May 1st, 2004, 04:11 PM
Could be I think. Smashnova for instance wont beat Maleeva and Dechy...

Volcana
May 1st, 2004, 04:14 PM
will be? not could be?
Will be, of course!:)

I was just trying to guess how I thought the tournament would go, got to the semis and it was the same four players!!! Obviously any of them could be knocked off on a bad day. And there's that Clijsters person. But this is my best educated guess as to how the tournament will go. If I'm wrong, I'm obviously not going to lose any sleep over it.

"Topaz"
May 1st, 2004, 04:14 PM
My God! ...Where did you read all that, Volcana? If you really have such powers, I need to talk to you. :)

PS. I wouldn't mind at all if this were to happen!

Glenn
May 1st, 2004, 04:15 PM
Clijsters vs Williams
Schnyder vs Kuznetsova

WF4EVER
May 1st, 2004, 04:27 PM
My bad. For a moment there I thought you were psychic.

fammmmedspin
May 1st, 2004, 05:04 PM
Sveta probably. First tournament otherwise where only Venus may stand between 4 Russian semi-finalists if Momo is injured, Jen is still playing awful, Patty isn't having her annual on week and Myskina is recovered.
Francesca couldn't have got a much worse draw.

croat123
May 1st, 2004, 05:06 PM
Sprem to win it :p

sarza
May 1st, 2004, 05:08 PM
i dont think kimmie will get knocked out. she will win it,runner up at the very least.

7~LV3
May 1st, 2004, 05:24 PM
Sveta probably. First tournament otherwise where only Venus may stand between 4 Russian semi-finalists if Momo is injured, Jen is still playing awful, Patty isn't having her annual on week and Myskina is recovered.
Francesca couldn't have got a much worse draw.

U re rite... a russian in the Qf,Sf n F...

gmak
May 1st, 2004, 05:37 PM
i'm sorry but there's no way Kim will not make the semis at least ( as much as i love vera )

i know she's rusty but she never loses to players ranked below her ( except those two losses to Ai and Lina last year )

ys
May 1st, 2004, 05:41 PM
I think it might be wise for Venus to skip this tournament. I understand that she wants her rankings go to where it is supposed to be, but she will be playing her fourth stright week, and this tourney is a 64-fraw, so it is 5 matches for her..

Infiniti2001
May 1st, 2004, 06:05 PM
I think it might be wise for Venus to skip this tournament. I understand that she wants her rankings go to where it is supposed to be, but she will be playing her fourth stright week, and this tourney is a 64-fraw, so it is 5 matches for her..

I dunno what to think, but you know the shit will hit the fan if she withdraws :tape:

MLF
May 1st, 2004, 06:11 PM
I dunno what to think, but you know the shit will hit the fan if she withdraws :tape:

I was a bit concerned to see Venus with her thigh strapped today. Hopefully it's precautionary. Maybe she should play the Warsaw final and have a rest.

I'm interested to see how Martinez plays here. There's nobody really in there who can blow her off the court in her half on clay with both Kim & Venus up in the top half. I predict she'll be in the running for semis.

On a separate note does anyone know what Kuznetsova was saying to Schaivone at the net in Warsaw today. They were having a bit of a weird looking chat.

harloo
May 1st, 2004, 06:14 PM
I think it would a good idea if Vee withdraws from Berlin. She needs to be ready for the FO, injury free. She needs to plan her route to the FO title. :D

vs1
May 1st, 2004, 06:59 PM
Wouldn't it be great if it was:

Cljisters vs. Venus
PATTY vs. CONCHITA :eek: :lol:

As for playing Berlin, I think Venus knows what she is capable of doing, so if she is still entered and plays it, I'm fully supportive! It SOUNDS like four weeks, but the Fed Cup week was pretty lite (two matches) and Warsaw hasn't been THAT taxing either. I think, in a way, it's good for her to play two weeks in a row, to prepare her mentally for the two week stint at RG.

Good luck to Venus!!! :bounce:

Rocketta
May 2nd, 2004, 02:32 AM
I agree that thigh strap has me worried and I would prefer Venus to rest and be 100% for the FO. :D

who cares what the others have to say......they know where they can stick that opinion. ;)

Knizzle
May 2nd, 2004, 02:38 AM
I would expect Venus to be in Rome with Serena if she wins Warsaw and pulls out of Berlin.

tennisIlove09
May 2nd, 2004, 02:43 AM
I think she'll play, actually.

Dokic-Shaughnessy first round is very interesting.

switz
May 2nd, 2004, 02:59 AM
i think this draw is too stacked for anyone to really know what is going to happen. i think kuznetsova is going to have a trouble making it the semis just based on the fact that she due to lose some matches after really getting deep into most tournaments this, but also winning a lot of matches that she perhaps shouldn't have. i tend to think the MGM has a really good shot at coursing an upset in the first round.

i think patty is in situation where she has a really bad great draw. all the players in her path to the final are ones she can and of late has beaten (except conchita) and she has performed extremely well in the big tournaments she has played this. on the hand i also wouldn't be surprised to see her handily beaten in the first round by hantuchova.

Volcana
May 2nd, 2004, 03:20 AM
i think this draw is too stacked for anyone to really know what is going to happen.For mere mortals, perhaps. But as a disembodied spirit, I can wlak through walls. I have the ability to see the future. And lastly, I have the power to read minds. I predicted Kim's championship at Roland Garros last year. I predicted the ... oh wait... never mind...

Rothes
May 2nd, 2004, 03:24 AM
GO PATTY!!!! HOOOOPPP SSSCCCHHWWWIIIZZZZ!! Make the Finals!!!!!!!11
PATTY!!!!!!! HOP HOPLA!!

K-Dog
May 2nd, 2004, 03:30 AM
I agree with the people who think Venus should withdraw and play Rome!! This is too much tennis and we don't want to spoil the chance to win the French with an injury. Venus, you're playing great, but please skip Berlin and get some rest. Play Rome, you love Italy!!

Chunchun
May 2nd, 2004, 03:32 AM
Volcana u think Clijsters will knocked by VeraZ?!

Volcana
May 2nd, 2004, 03:52 AM
Volcana u think Clijsters will knocked by VeraZ?!
Yes, It IS Kim's first full tournament, and Vera has been playing her very best tennis.

Greenout
May 2nd, 2004, 04:52 AM
i dont think kimmie will get knocked out. she will win it,runner up at the very least.

Yep, can't forget about Kimmy. She will be in the semi's at
the very least. Hardly ever loses to a lower ranked player before
the semi's.

I forecast Kimmy as the finalist in the top half, and the tougher
bottom half will be a dog fight. It could go any direction down there.

switz
May 2nd, 2004, 04:59 AM
yeah i kind of think this long break will do clijsters well. i doubt she would play if her injury was still and big concern and considering that she mauled sprem and kostanic (in the 2 sets she won) i would think that zvonareva will struggle to beat her.

switz
May 2nd, 2004, 05:01 AM
For mere mortals, perhaps. But as a disembodied spirit, I can wlak through walls. I have the ability to see the future. And lastly, I have the power to read minds. I predicted Kim's championship at Roland Garros last year. I predicted the ... oh wait... never mind...

;)

Jakeev
May 2nd, 2004, 05:06 AM
Ahhhhh another one of those "i'm-gonna-take-my-ass-to-Las Vegas-and-bet-my-entire-life-savings" threads.

Well, in respect to Volcana, never say never, cause it's very possible we will see the same identical semifinalists. BUT, this is a bigger tournament and occasion and so it may very well be a whole different ballgame than the past week has been.

Mr_Molik
May 2nd, 2004, 05:09 AM
i agree with all of them except vera, i think kim will beat her

Greenout
May 2nd, 2004, 05:16 AM
yeah i kind of think this long break will do clijsters well. i doubt she would play if her injury was still and big concern and considering that she mauled sprem and kostanic (in the 2 sets she won) i would think that zvonareva will struggle to beat her.

Switz, seriously- the Fed Cup match was a surprise. Fleemke( A Juju
fan! What a traitor! :lol: ) was working at the Fed Cup tie and
she said Kimmy wasn't even particulary in a good mood during
the early part of the event. :p If Sprem and Kostanic couldn't even
get anything past her, I'm not sure how well Vera can handle her
at Berlin because she's feeling a hella lot better now.

These Belgians are scary, aren't they? ;)

Gryffindor80
May 2nd, 2004, 05:20 AM
I love to see a Kim-Venus Semis :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Volcana
May 3rd, 2004, 02:42 AM
bump

Rub
May 3rd, 2004, 04:08 AM
it's nice to see kim back on tour!

Rub
May 3rd, 2004, 04:10 AM
:bounce:

space_eef03
May 3rd, 2004, 09:30 AM
I also think Kim will make it to the sf. :)

per4ever
May 3rd, 2004, 09:33 AM
I expect Kim to win this tournament..so same semi's? don't think so.

Volcana
May 3rd, 2004, 09:48 PM
When Schiavone just withdrew, so this thread's toast. Still I can use it to follow the tournament.

Ryan
May 4th, 2004, 12:01 AM
Well based on the matches played so far:

I expect Kimmy to make the semis. At this point I think Venus would beat her probably in straights, but if Kim plays well in her previous matches it could definately be close and she *could* win. I think Kuzy will also play well and at least reach the Quarters, but she has a good shot at the finals. In the third quarter I think Jenn could make it if she's fit, but otherwise it's wide open IMO.

Buitenzorg
May 4th, 2004, 01:38 AM
I don't think Schiavone , Zvonareva & Kuznetsova would reaching The SF

Clijsters vs Venus
Capriati vs Mauresmo

I reckon

Bezz
May 4th, 2004, 01:47 AM
I expect a venus Kim semi, i see vera pushing kim, but of what few points i saw in fed cup kim is playig really well, she was hitting hard and moving really well, i dont see anyone taking her out except venus. Although i still want kim to win if she does play venus ;) , in the other half, well Jenn could get there if she really puts her arse in gear, she has the shots and even a new coach, i really hope she makes the semi's. Amelie will probably have put the dissapointment of Warsaw behind her and will come out just as strong, i expect a semi against jenn with jenn winning .

FINAL K Clijsters Def. J Capriati 6-4 7-6 :cool: