PDA

View Full Version : berlin draw is out

amnesiac
May 1st, 2004, 01:45 PM
i think it is not so bad for mary!
first round against elena likhovtseva.
mary in a good shape will win.
and in the next round ai is waiting.
ai played in the last tourn. and fed cup not her best tennis.
this is the chance for mary!!!
i hope she will catch it.
all the best for mary :bounce:

MissTennisFan
May 1st, 2004, 02:48 PM
Thanks for the update, Amnesiac :wavey:

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: Go Mary!!!:bounce: :bounce::bounce:

morbidangle
May 1st, 2004, 07:18 PM
I think it is decent draw for Mary. Both Likhovtseva and Ai have troubled Mary a lot in the past, but on clay I expect Mary to win. I think she has a good chance against Vera , if she gets through the first two rounds. And maybe I am looking too far ahead, if Mary plays Kim in the quarters, I'd still give her a pretty good chance of winning that match!

Declan
May 1st, 2004, 08:21 PM
I agree; this is certainly a decent draw for Mary. I too would expect her to beat both Likhovtseva AND Sugiyama on clay, and after that, who knows?.....

aimee20
May 2nd, 2004, 11:05 AM
i'll pray for her strenght
hope she can do it :bounce:

ashwu
May 2nd, 2004, 01:23 PM
hope she could get things together this time...
good luck mary~~~~~~~~

saby
May 2nd, 2004, 03:17 PM
Elena :o not good for me.

Mary and her are 1/1 on clay (Mary leads by 5/2), both matches were played at Amelia island, Mary lost the last match on clay and it was, 1 or 2 years ago.

Aï and Mary are 4/4 but there was only one match on clay and Mary won it.

Elena and Aï are tough players for Mary it will be interresting to see how Mary will get through it.

:angel: :angel: :angel:

NicoMary
May 2nd, 2004, 04:45 PM
No challenge for a good Mary against Sugiyama on clay but against Likhovtseva:mad: .....it might be a good challenge for Mary...interesting

Declan
May 2nd, 2004, 05:34 PM
Elena :o not good for me.

Mary and her are 1/1 on clay (Mary leads by 5/2), both matches were played at Amelia island, Mary lost the last match on clay and it was, 1 or 2 years ago.

Aï and Mary are 4/4 but there was only one match on clay and Mary won it.

Elena and Aï are tough players for Mary it will be interresting to see how Mary will get through it.

Actually it was 2000, the Amelia Island loss for Mary to Elena, and the score was 2-6 6-4 6-4 - Mary was tired having already beaten Talaja earlier that same day due to rain delays. And Ai is now 5-4 against Mary - Mary's win on clay in 2002 tied their head-to-head at 4-4 but then Sugiyama crept ahead again at Eastbourne!

saby
May 2nd, 2004, 08:07 PM
Actually it was 2000, the Amelia Island loss for Mary to Elena, and the score was 2-6 6-4 6-4 - Mary was tired having already beaten Talaja earlier that same day due to rain delays. And Ai is now 5-4 against Mary - Mary's win on clay in 2002 tied their head-to-head at 4-4 but then Sugiyama crept ahead again at Eastbourne!
Your memories are better than mine ;), anyway Mary will have to be at her best level of game, Elena is not the kind of player that you can say, "no big deal I can handle her easyly"

best wishes to Mary

Declan
May 2nd, 2004, 09:01 PM
Your memories are better than mine ;), anyway Mary will have to be at her best level of game, Elena is not the kind of player that you can say, "no big deal I can handle her easyly"

best wishes to Mary

I must admit I have the utmost respect for Likhovtseva - I think she'll be more of a threat on clay than the much higher-ranked Sugiyama. But I still reckon Mary will win!