vera :sad:

sartrista7
May 1st, 2004, 02:14 PM
That's an awesome win for Venus :yeah:

Vera, it's time to start showing up to these big matches :rolleyes:

The final is very interesting...

SerenaSlam
May 1st, 2004, 02:19 PM
nice win venus, but again all these threads are not necessary!

lizchris
May 1st, 2004, 02:22 PM
nice win venus, but again all these threads are not necessary!
True, but I think I posted mine first.

I was just looking at the stats and the difference in the match was the second serve and the unforced errors. Venus had a 58% winning percentage on her second serve while Vera only had a 22% winning percentage on her second serve. Venus also had 12 winners and 30 UE's, but Vera only had 8 winners and 38 UE's.

fammmmedspin
May 1st, 2004, 02:27 PM
True, but I think I posted mine first.

I was just looking at the stats and the difference in the match was the second serve and the unforced errors. Venus had a 58% winning percentage on her second serve while Vera only had a 22% winning percentage on her second serve. Venus also had 12 winners and 30 UE's, but Vera only had 8 winners and 38 UE's.
Suppose it depends what you count and I have not seen the match yet but the stats sorta jump out at you and say not very good. Kuznetsova's by contrast were good and although that may not mean anything tommorrow, it might.

lizchris
May 1st, 2004, 02:30 PM
Suppose it depends what you count and I have not seen the match yet but the stats sorta jump out at you and say not very good. Kuznetsova's by contrast were good and although that may not mean anything tommorrow, it might.
Venus was playing someone who is very close to making the top 10. Svetlana was playing someone who I think is going to be in the top 20 next week. That is a difference.