PDA

View Full Version : The biggest win for each player

GoGoMaggie
May 1st, 2004, 10:24 AM
Every player has her biggest win in her career.
Of course we can only speculate cuz it could differ depending on the players' perception.

Kimiko Date '96 Fed Cup match against Graf

Happy Guy
May 1st, 2004, 10:25 AM
Jennifer Capriati's victory over Steffi Graf in Olympics 1992...I think this even means more to her than the Grand Slams

Elena Dementieva's victory over Lindsay Davenport in Amelia Island 2003 - first title of career

Lina K's victory over Kim Clijsters in Montreal 2003 - World #1

Patty Schnyder's victory over Lindsay Davenport - First home-soil title, not sure if she values the victories over Serena and Jennifer in Charleston 2002 more

Mr_Molik
May 1st, 2004, 10:26 AM
sugiyama over clijsters scottsdale 03

GoGoMaggie
May 1st, 2004, 10:27 AM
sugiyama over clijsters scottsdale 03
Ai has wins over Hingis and Steffi. I know these wins came when neither of them was at their best but winning Steffi Graf might have meant more to Ai than that win over Kim.

SpikeyAidanm
May 1st, 2004, 10:30 AM
Bradke, 93 Fed Cup over Graf
Dokic, 99 Wimbledon over Hingis
Molik, 04 Fed Cup over Myskina :D
Stosur, 03 Aus Open over Martinez
Pratt, 04 Aus Open over Shaughnessy (IMO)
Dominikovic, 03 Aus Open over Kremer
Strycova, 04 Amelia Island over Pistolesi

Mr_Molik
May 1st, 2004, 10:31 AM
Ai has wins over Hingis and Steffi. I know these wins came when neither of them was at their best but winning Steffi Graf might have meant more to Ai than that win over Kim.

i dont know- it was the final and kim was a top player at the time. steffi was in a huge slump when ai beat her

slice
May 1st, 2004, 10:47 AM
dokic 99 wimbledon over hingis
dokic 2002 over capriati
dokic 2003 over clijsters

all important wins during different stages of her career, tho the wimbledon one over hingis should take the cake :)

#1 Lindsay
May 1st, 2004, 11:30 AM
lindsay win over sanchez vicario at olympics or over steffi at wimbledon.
the olympic win really got her career going