PDA

View Full Version : Who was greater? Martina Hingis or Evonne Goolagong

Volcana
May 1st, 2004, 02:47 AM
This will require some work, since they didn't have a ranking point system as they do now. You'll have to compare things like relative competition.

Jakeev
May 1st, 2004, 05:15 AM
This will require some work, since they didn't have a ranking point system as they do now. You'll have to compare things like relative competition.
Well since Martina is not going to have the chance to have a Evonna Goolagong-type career I think your question has been answered.

Volcana
May 1st, 2004, 05:22 AM
Well since Martina is not going to have the chance to have a Evonna Goolagong-type career I think your question has been answered.
Martina's what, 23? Modern medecine makes advances everyday. Besides, I'm sure some people feel Martina was the greater player even with the career she had. Who's to say?

hingis-seles
May 1st, 2004, 05:31 AM
Evonne had more singles Slams than Martina, which I think is the biggest factor. Based purely on that, I'd give the nod to Evonne.

Rothes
May 1st, 2004, 06:35 AM
I wonder when Timea Bazinsinky is playing next?

Mr_Molik
May 1st, 2004, 06:37 AM
evonne- more singles slams and look at who evonne had to play- margaret, billie jean, chrissie, martina nav (4 candidates for the greatEST ever player)

Jakeev
May 1st, 2004, 08:17 AM
Martina's what, 23? Modern medecine makes advances everyday. Besides, I'm sure some people feel Martina was the greater player even with the career she had. Who's to say?
I just think it's a no-brainer. Outside the fact Martina won way more doubles titles than Evonne, at this point in time, Goolagong has the better singles record between the two.

SpikeyAidanm
May 1st, 2004, 08:19 AM
Evonne :)

vs1
May 1st, 2004, 08:23 AM
Evonne Goolagong without a doubt! She is one of the greatest players to have ever played the game and she is also one of the nicest!!! She rocks!! :worship: :worship:

Mattographer
May 1st, 2004, 08:44 AM
Evonne Cawley for sure! She is one of greatest tennis player all time! :)

Cro-boy
May 1st, 2004, 08:57 AM
Martina Hingis