PDA

View Full Version : Warsaw Semifinal Predictions

MrSerenaWilliams
Apr 30th, 2004, 09:23 PM
Here are my semifinal predictions for the J&S Cup in Warsaw:

Semifinal #1: Francesca Schiavone (9) vs. Svetlana Kuznetsova (4)
Francesca had the win of the week without a doubt, beating the only player to beat the reigning Roland Garros Queen on her home surface, clay. Schiavone has played some great tennis,and I don't think it will stop here. She stepped up to the plate and didn't back down when Mauresmo tried to initiate her big game. However, Mauresmo was injured and Kuznetsova is a different story. Kuznetsoava had a mountain to climb in her match against Farina Elia, and she demolished the aging Italian. Svetlana is playing top tier tennis, and she earned her spot into the final four with a 6-1 6-4 demolition of Farina Elia. Svetlana will open this match with a bang, but Schiavone will definately fight back, and push this one to three sets, but Svetlana will be looking ahead to her possible final round match-up with Queen Vee, the new queen of clay (with an impressive 9-0 record), and will definately fight through.

Prediction: Kuznetsova in Three Sets

Semifinal #2: Vera Zvonareva (3) vs. Venus Williams (2)
"Venus, Venus, Venus," in the words of Randy Jackson on American Idol after a contestant has performed marvelously. "What's up baby? How's it going dawg." That's what I have to say. Facing a 2-3 head-to-head deficit, losing the last meeting between her a Maleeva, she came out and beat the hell out of her, winning twelve straight games! Sorry Vera, but it will take a miracle to shake Venus' confidence. Vera has been doing well against top players, but the last meeting between these two on clay was won by the queen, and that was before she improved her serve, forehand, and her confidence. Vera will put up a fight, but the queen will squelch the rebellion. A trend I've been noticing is that Venus is doing her best to close out matches extremely efficiently. Beginning with her semifinal destruction of Jelena Kostanic in Chalreston, her opponents, in WTA Tour matches, have won no more than one game in the final set that is played. Venus is really regaining her championship form, and playing herself back to the top, where she belongs.

Prediction: Venus in Two Sets

My Prediction for the J&S Cup Final:

Svetlana Kuznetsova (4) vs. Venus Williams (2)

Good Luck to Svetlana and Venus!

Knizzle
Apr 30th, 2004, 09:29 PM
Kuznetsova 6-4, 6-3
Venus 6-3, 6-2

WhatTheDeuce
Apr 30th, 2004, 09:29 PM

Francesca had the win of the week without a doubt, beating the only player to beat the reigning Roland Garros Queen on her home surface, clay. Schiavone has played some great tennis,and I don't think it will stop here. She stepped up to the plate and didn't back down when Mauresmo tried to initiate her big game. However, Mauresmo was injured and Kuznetsova is a different story. Kuznetsoava had a mountain to climb in her match against Farina Elia, and she demolished the aging Italian. Svetlana is playing top tier tennis, and she earned her spot into the final four with a 6-1 6-4 demolition of Farina Elia. Svetlana will open this match with a bang, but Schiavone will definately fight back, and push this one to three sets, but Svetlana will be looking ahead to her possible final round match-up with Queen Vee, the new queen of clay (with an impressive 9-0 record), and will definately fight through.

"Venus, Venus, Venus," in the words of Randy Jackson on American Idol after a contestant has performed marvelously. "What's up baby? How's it going dawg." That's what I have to say. Facing a 2-3 head-to-head deficit, losing the last meeting between her a Maleeva, she came out and beat the hell out of her, winning twelve straight games! Sorry Vera, but it will take a miracle to shake Venus' confidence. Vera has been doing well against top players, but the last meeting between these two on clay was won by the queen, and that was before she improved her serve, forehand, and her confidence. Vera will put up a fight, but the queen will squelch the rebellion. A trend I've been noticing is that Venus is doing her best to close out matches extremely efficiently. Beginning with her semifinal destruction of Jelena Kostanic in Chalreston, her opponents, in WTA Tour matches, have won no more than one game in the final set that is played. Venus is really regaining her championship form, and playing herself back to the top, where she belongs.

Randy Jackson says that to people whether they did well or not. :p

lizchris
Apr 30th, 2004, 09:33 PM
I say that Francesca will win in three sets, but Venus will win in straight sets.

CJ07
Apr 30th, 2004, 09:34 PM
Kuznetsova in 2 sets
Venus in 2 sets

WhatTheDeuce
Apr 30th, 2004, 09:35 PM
Svetlana in 3
Venus in 3

Pureracket
Apr 30th, 2004, 10:07 PM
Randy Jackson is about the corniest guy on television. I absolutely HATE his routine.

New_balls_please
Apr 30th, 2004, 10:53 PM
Kuznetsova and Venus in 2

hewittrok
Apr 30th, 2004, 10:58 PM
Kuznetsova vs Vera,
Kuznetsova in 2

vs1
Apr 30th, 2004, 11:01 PM
Kuznetsova in 3 sets
Venus in 2 sets

GO GIRLS!!! :banana:

mariok
Apr 30th, 2004, 11:07 PM
Venus 6-4 6-2
Svetlana 6-4 5-7 6-2
Yes, I'm psychic :angel:

fammmmedspin
Apr 30th, 2004, 11:15 PM
Sveta-francesca is a real test for both. when she is "on" Francesca can handle power and outlast most players but needs to serve consistently. Sveta can walk through players but wouldn't bet on her in a third set. Big step forward for each of them if they are on form.

Venus-Vera should be Venus but it should have been Venus at the FO too. May show if Venus can play enough good matches in a row. Vera winning would be interesting because it might show us how she does win.

Andy T
May 1st, 2004, 12:07 AM
Sveta and Venus should both win in 2.

GoGoMaggie
May 1st, 2004, 12:09 AM

All this says is that you're a die-hard Vee fan. Not much more.

cometz9
May 1st, 2004, 12:14 AM
Venus/Sveta final :yeah:

vettipooh
May 1st, 2004, 12:21 AM
Schiavone in three....
Venus in two....

Chunchun
May 1st, 2004, 01:14 AM
Kuznetsova in 3
Venus in 2

ys
May 1st, 2004, 01:28 AM
Kuznetsova in straights. Vera in three.

Foot_Fault
May 1st, 2004, 01:32 AM
All this says is that you're a die-hard Vee fan. Not much more.And your ass should be consoling Maggies Broken Spirit..Maggot!:tape: You would wish to be as die-harded.

Bezz
May 1st, 2004, 01:37 AM
Venus in 2 tight sets, Kuzy in 3 sets :cool:

Mr_Molik
May 1st, 2004, 02:34 AM
kuzzy in 3
vee in 2

Buitenzorg
May 1st, 2004, 02:37 AM
Schiavone 7-6(2) 7-6(3)

Williams 2-6 7-6(7) 6-1

Stephieva
May 1st, 2004, 03:14 AM
me thinks...
stvetlana in 2
vee in 2 (vee can't afford losing to any russians right now)

7~LV3
May 1st, 2004, 08:21 AM
Svetlana 6-3 7-5
ms Vee 6-3 6-3

maryjane
May 1st, 2004, 08:24 AM
francesca will win again...

Glenn
May 1st, 2004, 08:47 AM
Kuznetsova in 2
Williams in 2

Venus Forever
May 1st, 2004, 02:48 PM
Kuznetsova 6-4, 6-3
Venus 6-3, 6-2
Ding Ding on Venus' score.

You win a prize!!!

A brand new kitty!!!

:cat:

Ballbuster
May 1st, 2004, 02:52 PM
Kuznetsova in straights. Vera in three.

I used to think you were credible, yet you have consistently predicted losers.

The problem is you know better, too bad you REFUSE to do better.

Knizzle
May 1st, 2004, 03:12 PM
Venus 6-3, 6-2
That Knizzle guy is pretty smart.

Knizzle
May 1st, 2004, 03:13 PM
Ding Ding on Venus' score.

You win a prize!!!

A brand new kitty!!!

:cat:
Thank you. :cat:

I think I'll name her Vera. :tape: