PDA

View Full Version : Singles or Doubles?

SelesFan70
Apr 30th, 2004, 07:37 PM
I personally prefer singles, but will play doubles if forced to. I like to win, or in my case LOSE on my own, thank you very much! :lol: Besides, I always get hit in doubles because the cads at the courts go for my head! :mad: I guess having a 2-handed forehand "volley" doesn't help... :o

Sarah<Kim-fan>
Apr 30th, 2004, 07:45 PM
same here, I prefer singles, though I always have a lot of fun playing doubles
and, well my volley, I don't even want to think about it :o

Paneru
Apr 30th, 2004, 07:46 PM
I personally prefer singles, but will play doubles if forced to. I like to win, or in my case LOSE on my own, thank you very much! :lol: Besides, I always get hit in doubles because the cads at the courts go for my head! :mad: I guess having a 2-handed forehand "volley" doesn't help... :o

I hear you! :lol:

crazillo
Apr 30th, 2004, 07:54 PM
I prefer doubles. I have more room to hit my angles and lobs and stops.. I certainly can show my weapons there... Serve as well..... It just suits my game better...

Nikki
Apr 30th, 2004, 09:21 PM
I prefer to play singles:)

foreva lindsay
Apr 30th, 2004, 10:35 PM
singles def coz if your playing good but your partners not then you could lose and have them to blame but if you lose in singles, you can only blame yourself :D

New_balls_please
Apr 30th, 2004, 10:37 PM
I enjoy playing singles, but sometimes I play doubles with Ivi (senior member)

hewittrok
Apr 30th, 2004, 10:39 PM
Doubles because you can always blame your partner. :lol:

Farina Elia Fan
Apr 30th, 2004, 10:41 PM
Singles - for a brit my Volleys are awful!!!!! And I can use my power to open up the court more in singles!

ace4lleykim
Apr 30th, 2004, 11:17 PM
I like being independent so singles is the best for me. :D Beside I pleayed doubles with my lil sis before (I mean the Topspsin XBOX) and I always wanna hit the ball, so I don't think it will work out between me and my partner. :lol: I think my partner and I will always fite for every shot we miss... :lol::haha:

Belgium = Best
May 1st, 2004, 09:38 PM
Singles :wavey:

croat123
May 1st, 2004, 09:52 PM
singles

i like to come to net when i want to. i don't feel comfortable starting points up there...

Come-on-kim
May 1st, 2004, 10:18 PM
I prefer doubles and mixed doubles! I never play well in singles while in doubles I am moooooore motivated because if my partner cheers me up I begin to play very well! And beside that, my volleys are quite ok!

SuperRevelation
May 1st, 2004, 10:25 PM
I prefer doubles as well. My doubles partner has great serves and I got the groundstrokes and volleys, so we do pretty good lol.

Venus Forever
May 1st, 2004, 11:52 PM
I enjoy playing doubles the most, but I'll play singles as well.

I haven't played, however, in over a year. :eek:

Ever since I left High School, and then moved into the college dormitories, I just don't anyone who likes to play.

Rtael
May 2nd, 2004, 03:07 AM
I think I'm probably pretty good at Doubles, best at mixed and worst at singles. However, I prefer playing singles because I don't think I'd really trust my partner to always be playing well and I also feel bad if I start playing bad and messing up while my partner is playing good.

charmedRic
May 2nd, 2004, 03:08 AM
Actually, if it werent for the tennis team I would have anyone to play tennis with. Apparently I'm not cool enough for the tennis players in my school or something. :rolleyes:

...PennState University Intramurals here I come! :cool:

¤CharlDa¤
May 2nd, 2004, 04:24 AM
I really prefer singles....When i play doubles esp with someone that is a notch lower than me, i tend to think * I can't miss* and of course that makes me miss lol....I think singles also helps my game more since my groundies are my streght!