PDA

View Full Version : 28.04.2004 ITS OFFICIAL!! Kylie Minogue #1 female artist !!!!!

LiliaLee-Frazier
Apr 30th, 2004, 07:18 PM
KYLIE IS QUEEN OF THE AIRWAVES!

It's official! Kylie is the most played female singer and the fourth most played artist overall on British radio, according to a new chart compiled by Phonographic Performance Ltd using data from all 600 national and local radio stations across the UK.

Kylie, who smashed airplay records with hits like 'Can't Get You Out Of My Head' and 'Love At First Sight', was only one of two female artists in the Top 10, and ranks two places above Madonna at No.6.

The full Top 10 are as follows:

1. George Michael
2. Elton John
3. Robbie
4. Kylie
5. Bryan Adams
6. Madonna
7. Phil Collins
8. Cliff Richard
9. Simply Red
10. Paul McCartney

"This chart is an interesting snapshot of which artists have most shaped popular culture," said Radio Academy director John Bradford. "It shows that, despite the emergence of trends such as Brit Pop and dance, it is still the more melodic, established artists who have dominated radio dials."

charmedRic
Apr 30th, 2004, 08:12 PM
Very Cool :)

strike86
Apr 30th, 2004, 08:28 PM
yay nice to see Kylie mentioned. Nice to see there is no Manufactured Pop music in there. Soz spelling mistake.

OUT!
Apr 30th, 2004, 09:30 PM
Good for Kylie! But like I said before Madonna is the number one female artist, in terms of singles sales in the UK. She's sold more than all of the others.

Kuti Kis&Monica
Apr 30th, 2004, 09:53 PM
Good for Kylie! But like I said before Madonna is the number one female artist, in terms of singles sales in the UK. She's sold more than all of the others.

I agree.

And who cares about that ranking ? :rolleyes: It only shows that Kylie has a lots of support from the radios, and as a matter of fact, has a great promotion for her CD's. That's all.

heidi2
May 26th, 2004, 12:33 AM
http://www.smh.com.au/ffxImage/urlpicture_id_1076175091712_2004/02/09/grammykylie,0.jpg

KYLIE FOREVER !
:worship: :worship: :worship: :hearts: :lick: :drool:

gRaFiC
May 26th, 2004, 03:04 AM
Kylie's music is POP genius, that's all.

Geisha
May 26th, 2004, 03:23 AM

Even in the US of A- she's sold more total than Michael Jackson.

USHER and BEYONCE have the most played songs on the National Radio Chart in USA.

BritneySpearsIsHot
May 27th, 2004, 02:29 AM
I do like the tiny Aussie

However, the luverly Britney is clearly underplayed :p

Scotso
May 27th, 2004, 05:59 AM
lol FF, you are so gay :kiss:

vs1
May 27th, 2004, 08:30 AM
It's funny that Kylie is so big in the UK and Australia, yet relatively unknown here in the States. If you ask the average person if they know her, they will think for a little bit first before they say, "Oh, isn't she the one who sang localmotion?" Of course, if you ask the average gay club boi, you'd get a different response. ;)

But how can an artist be so big in one market, and relatively unknown in another?! :confused:

Kart
May 27th, 2004, 02:54 PM
All hail queen Kylie :worship:.