PDA

View Full Version : Venus CRUSHES Maleeva 6-1 6-0

tennisIlove09
Apr 30th, 2004, 06:01 PM
:eek: Maleeva held her opening service game.

The key games in the match were the third and fourth game of the second set. Venus serving at 6-1 2-0, Maleeva had love-40 and didn't break. Maleeva serving at 1-6 0-3, she had about 4-5 game points to hold and didn't.

GO Venus! :worship: :worship: (since her slow start in the opening round, she's lost 3 games in four sets :worship: :worship: :worship: )

Glenn
Apr 30th, 2004, 06:02 PM
WHOA! :eek:

tennisIlove09
Apr 30th, 2004, 06:02 PM
13 winners from Venus
5 Unforced errors :eek:

the bad stat: 1 of 2 at the net. Only TWO times at the net? Oh well, a win is a win!

UDiTY
Apr 30th, 2004, 06:03 PM
Great job clay-court QUEEN VENUS!!!:worship:

BTW Maleeva was broken ther first game.;)

crazillo
Apr 30th, 2004, 06:03 PM
Maggie just gave up in the end. I thought that Venus would win but it wasmore like a 6-3, 6-2..... Venus was just too good I think

ghosts
Apr 30th, 2004, 06:05 PM
Well done Venus :) ;)
Congrats Maggie for reaching the QF ;)

WF4EVER
Apr 30th, 2004, 06:18 PM
1/2 at the net.

You know, I adore Venus, but everytime she talks about coming into net more, I just call it bull****. Everytime she plays FedCup BJK has encouraged her tirelessly, I'm sure, to come to net more and from what I've seen she only does it round FedCup time then she's back to her professed baseline game.

She did it in Charleston (I saw the ZV match) but give her a few days and she's back to her old ways. Venus would be devastating if she s&V more! The girl's just set in her ways.

But I am proud of her. She did a damn good job against Maggie. It's a startling score, IMO, expecially on clay where I thought Maleeva would be able to make it competitive, but damn! Venus was on a mission!

I hope she can take this title too and then head for Berlin, if she's still planning to play.

Wow! I rushed home to follow the match at the scheduled time (10am my time) and VZ and ASP were still in the first set, so I leave and come back, hoping ASP had taken the match to three sets so I could catch it at lunch. WHen I get here Pistolesi had crashed and burned and it was 3-0 in Vee's match, or so I thought. When that bewitched scoreboard had loaded properly Vee was up 6-1 and closing in fast on 4-0. Damn! I was thrilled!

That girl makes me feel so good. I love it! I love it when she's dominating like this; it helps her. Like Pam says maybe the intimidation factor is good for 2 or 3 games in a set. Well whatever it's good for you've absolutely got to have it to get those games and I'm hoping that Vee can continue like this cuz I know it'll help her out there.

tennisIlove09
Apr 30th, 2004, 06:21 PM
Sorry, I was looking at the set 1 stats.

She made 4 of 6 at the net.

27 winners; 17 errors

New_balls_please
Apr 30th, 2004, 06:23 PM
Maggie :sad:

crazillo
Apr 30th, 2004, 06:26 PM
Maggie made too much UEs and her BPs statistic is horrible.. like always.. But good job both, succes for both in the future!

7~LV3
Apr 30th, 2004, 06:45 PM
Maggie made too much UEs and her BPs statistic is horrible.. like always.. But good job both, succes for both in the future!

lols...you call 27 UEs too Much??

space_eef03
Apr 30th, 2004, 06:47 PM
Good job Venus, and Maggie for reaching the qf! :)

davenport_1
Apr 30th, 2004, 08:21 PM
Damnit Maggie!

RAA
Apr 30th, 2004, 08:48 PM
Great job venus!!!

crazillo
Apr 30th, 2004, 08:55 PM
lols...you call 27 UEs too Much??

Compared to her winners its to much. She rarely has more than 7-8 a set..

DA FOREHAND
Apr 30th, 2004, 09:06 PM
Sorry, I was looking at the set 1 stats.

She made 4 of 6 at the net.

27 winners; 17 errors
Nobody beats Venus when she makes fewer than 20 ue's

TeeRexx
Apr 30th, 2004, 10:34 PM
Congrats, VENUS!! :worship:

One more win and you are in the finals! :bounce:

vs1
Apr 30th, 2004, 10:36 PM
Good to see Venus having positive wins...means she is playing well. I am cheering her one match at a time!!! :bounce:

Shuji Shuriken
Apr 30th, 2004, 11:09 PM
go Venus :bounce: :bounce: :worship:...this is great news after a shitty day :bowdown:. Vee always puts a smile on my face :D :hearts:

OUT!
Apr 30th, 2004, 11:12 PM
http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/jumping/jumping40.gifWay to go Venus, way to go!

GoGoMaggie
Apr 30th, 2004, 11:43 PM
If it hadn't been played on that day, Maggie would have won. Maggie has been traumatized on that particularday..
Maggie is still the better player of the two no matter what they play on.

Foot_Fault
Apr 30th, 2004, 11:44 PM
If it hadn't been played on that day, Maggie would have won. Maggie has been traumatized on that particularday..
Awwwwwwww are we bitter? Does someone needs to pick their face out of their ass? :lol: :lol: :lol: :tape: :tape: :tape:

Pureracket
Apr 30th, 2004, 11:46 PM
Maggie is still the better player of the two no matter what they play on.What day are you talking about?:confused:

GoGoMaggie
Apr 30th, 2004, 11:47 PM
What day are you talking about?:confused:

That's what I call ignorance.
I'm sure you're a relative new tennis fan.

Shuji Shuriken
Apr 30th, 2004, 11:48 PM
The day she realised gogomaggie was fucking her boyfriend :sobbing: :sobbing:. Maggie is so traumatised :sad:.

Knizzle
Apr 30th, 2004, 11:50 PM
Why would she be traumatized?? It didn't happen in Warsaw?? Ignorance is you saying that Maggie is the better player of the two.

crazillo
Apr 30th, 2004, 11:51 PM

Ten years ago Monica got stabbed and Maggie was her opponent!

thelittlestelf
Apr 30th, 2004, 11:52 PM

I beg to differ... I think the score line explains itself.

Infiniti2001
Apr 30th, 2004, 11:53 PM

What the hell are you smoking ?? :rolleyes: You go out and you play----it's been a long time.This particular day is far less relevant to Maggie than to Monica. This is a stupid-ass excuse --I bet Maggie would laugh at you :tape:

GoGoMaggie
Apr 30th, 2004, 11:56 PM
What the hell are you smoking ?? :rolleyes: You go out and you play----it's been a long time.This particular day is far less relevant to Maggie than to Monica. This is a stupid-ass excuse --I bet Maggie would laugh at you :tape:
Are you Maggie? How do you know how little effect that incident still has on her?

Infiniti2001
Apr 30th, 2004, 11:57 PM
Are you Maggie? How do you know how little effect that incident still has on her?

Keep holding on to your shred of delusion :tape:

Shuji Shuriken
May 1st, 2004, 12:06 AM
Okay Maggie :). Since you know how MUCH it's affecting you, just go ahead and tell us :rolleyes:. Oh Maggie :). You're so pweety :lick:. I want to suck you :lick:.

Chance
May 1st, 2004, 12:08 AM
Dallas, those were the first set stats

match stats
Match Maleeva Williams
Aces 1 1
Double Faults 2 3
1st Serve % 57% 58%
Winning %
on 1st Serve 17/32 (53%) 20/29 (68%)
Winning %
on 2nd Serve 5/24 (20%) 12/21 (57%)
Unforced Errors 23 17
Total Winners 7 27
Net Approaches 3/6 (50%) 4/6 (67%)
Break points 0/8 (0%) 6/9 (67%)
Total Points Won 40 66

GOOD MATCH VEE!!!!!

vettipooh
May 1st, 2004, 12:17 AM
Maggie is still the better player of the two no matter what they play on. Maggie is traumatized,alright.......by what she was served for lunch!Who the hell wants to eat a breadstick and a bagel for lunch!!!! :rolleyes: :lol:

Pureracket
May 1st, 2004, 12:22 AM
That's what I call ignorance.
I'm sure you're a relative new tennis fan.
Let's see. Facts don't lie: Let's look @ what Maggie did during the week of the stabbing every month sense:

'94Maggie returned to that tourney the next and was def. in the qf by Steffi(6-0 in the third) :eek: she didn't seem that depressed then.

'95- She lost in Hamburg to Conchita (6-0,6-0 in the semis. Damn, you may have a point. Conchita whipped her ass).:eek:

'96. She didn't play

'97. She didn't play the entire month of April

'98. She was defeated in two straight FED cup matches during that time.

'99. Injured for a year

'00. Defeated in Bol by Kostanic 1st r(6-3,6-0):eek:

'01. Def. by Dokic in rd. of 16(6-1,6-1)

'02. Def. by Stevensson in rd. of 16(7-5,6-3)(BOL)

'03. Def. by Arantxa Parra in Fed Cup 6-7(0),6-4,6-1

'04. Def by VENUS E. S. WILLIAMS qf (6-1,6-0).

It looks like ol' Maggie isn't depressed @ all. It just looks like she is up against better players like Kostanic, Stevensson and Parra.

If she were so upset during this day, why would she have played the tourney @ all?

Pureracket
May 1st, 2004, 01:39 AM
Did Venus get broken in this match?

GoGoMaggie
May 1st, 2004, 01:55 AM
Let's see. Facts don't lie: Let's look @ what Maggie did during the week of the stabbing every month sense:

'94Maggie returned to that tourney the next and was def. in the qf by Steffi(6-0 in the third) :eek: she didn't seem that depressed then.

'95- She lost in Hamburg to Conchita (6-0,6-0 in the semis. Damn, you may have a point. Conchita whipped her ass).:eek:

'96. She didn't play

'97. She didn't play the entire month of April

'98. She was defeated in two straight FED cup matches during that time.

'99. Injured for a year

'00. Defeated in Bol by Kostanic 1st r(6-3,6-0):eek:

'01. Def. by Dokic in rd. of 16(6-1,6-1)

'02. Def. by Stevensson in rd. of 16(7-5,6-3)(BOL)

'03. Def. by Arantxa Parra in Fed Cup 6-7(0),6-4,6-1

'04. Def by VENUS E. S. WILLIAMS qf (6-1,6-0).

It looks like ol' Maggie isn't depressed @ all. It just looks like she is up against better players like Kostanic, Stevensson and Parra.

If she were so upset during this day, why would she have played the tourney @ all?
Well, whatever.. I'm not talkin about the entire week but one specific day. I would like to know how she did on that day in every single year after the incident.

Infiniti2001
May 1st, 2004, 01:58 AM
Well, whatever.. I'm not talkin about the entire week but one specific day. I would like to know how she did on that day in every single year after the incident.

excuses , excuses :yawn:s mercilessly :tape:

Pureracket
May 1st, 2004, 02:00 AM
Well, whatever.. I'm not talkin about the entire week but one specific day. I would like to know how she did on that day in every single year after the incident.You're her fan. Find it your damn self:wavey:

Mr_Molik
May 1st, 2004, 02:00 AM
well done venus :clap2:
but maggie :sad:

Infiniti2001
May 1st, 2004, 02:01 AM
You're her fan. Find it your damn self:wavey:

:haha: :haha: :haha: :rolls:

GoGoMaggie
May 1st, 2004, 02:05 AM
You're her fan. Find it your damn self:wavey:
Can't be bothered. Either way, I know what I have said is the truth and stick by it. "If the match had been played on any other day but yesterday(April 30th), Maggie would have won!"

WF4EVER
May 1st, 2004, 02:50 AM
Gogomaggie,

Maybe Maggie shouldn't play tournaments that fall on this specil day, then, huh? Cause you'll always blame her loss on the 'day'. That's one of the stupidest excuses I've ever heard used for a player's loss. Maybe she should have asked for a deferral.

If you can't give Venus any credit for humiliating Maggie just shut up and move on.

WF4EVER
May 1st, 2004, 02:54 AM
BTW, gogomaggie, how come she's not in your sig? Being such a big fan I'd have expected you to list her along with the highly accomplished players in your sig.

Oh, wait! I guess she's not! Highly accomplished.

I hate to be rude to another poster but you're so ridiculous I couldn't help myself.

K-Dog
May 1st, 2004, 03:09 AM
Gogomaggie, quit being stupid!! Venus has 4 majors, Maggie has none. Venus has 30 titles, 6 tier 1's, not to mention 6 other major finals. Maggie is good on one surface, carpet. Maggie has 10 titles, a 1/3 of what Venus has in Venus' shorter career. Not to mention that Venus plays half the events that Maggie does each year!! Maggie only won one game today, I have a feeling that Venus must have been playing pretty well for Maggie to have only won one game. It's ignorant to say that Maggie was ever better or is better now than Venus. It's all in the results!!

(3-3 head-to-head means nothing about talent, Maggie caught Venus at vunerable times in her year or career(after Aus. or after U.S. where Venus generally doesn't play her best tennis and Maggie beat Venus in 1995. Venus was 15 years old in 1995!! Think about it this way. Anna K. and Alex S. have a great head-to-heads against Capriati!! Who is the better player?).

-Sonic-
May 1st, 2004, 03:21 AM
Ten years ago Monica got stabbed and Maggie was her opponent!
Well it was 11 years ago right? Hardly a special anniversary is it.

---

I don't think anyone can blame it on 'the day' lol. Maggie had a pants day and Venus had a good one... and if you get that combo, Maggie ain't gonna get anywhere.

Infiniti2001
May 1st, 2004, 03:26 AM
Can't be bothered. Either way, I know what I have said is the truth and stick by it. "If the match had been played on any other day but yesterday(April 30th), Maggie would have won!"

ifs are pointless :lol: woulda, coulda, shoulda, did NOT :tape:

Cam'ron Giles
May 1st, 2004, 03:26 AM
Why are you guys taking gogomaggie seriously? He is retarded and in need of attention...:rolleyes:

anton
May 1st, 2004, 04:49 AM
go venus!!

Rub
May 1st, 2004, 05:02 AM
venus is getting back to the top!

in the absence of the big top players... venus seems to have everything going her way!

Rocketta
May 1st, 2004, 05:09 AM
Another funny thread...:lol:

:wavey:

Dawn Marie
May 1st, 2004, 06:16 AM
OMG laughing my ass off at gogomaggie.

Give Maggie some credit. She would not have played if she were traumatized.

servenrichie
May 1st, 2004, 07:32 AM
Why are you guys taking gogomaggie seriously? He is retarded and in need of attention...:rolleyes:The best damm post here.:worship: :worship: Iwas wondering, when gogomaggie would come in to this thread, having proclaimed his entire life, that the h2h b/w Venus and Maggie shows that Maggie is the better player. Leave the poor kid alone and stop trying to confuse him with facts. He is allergic to facts, especially when he forgets to take his pills:p

servenrichie
May 1st, 2004, 07:33 AM
venus is getting back to the top!

in the absence of the big top players... venus seems to have everything going her way!What do you know, the so-called "big top players" got there in her absence:lol:

GoGoMaggie
May 1st, 2004, 07:36 AM
By the way the title of this thread is quite biased. It should be Williams crushes Maleeva or at least taking acount of there being another Williams, V. Williams crushes Maleeva. Wait! There are two other players named Maleeva. This patronage is sickening!

servenrichie
May 1st, 2004, 07:42 AM
By the way the title of this thread is quite biased. It should be Williams crushes Maleeva or at least taking acount of there being another Williams, V. Williams crushes Maleeva. Wait! There are two other players named Maleeva. This patronage is sickening!Poor guy, he suffers, when he forgets to those pills.
Gogo, come now and do yourself and us a favour. Swallow the damm pills now:fiery:

space_eef03
May 1st, 2004, 09:00 AM
It has been 10 years now, I don't think it has still that much effect on Maggie. Venus was just the better player this time. :)

crazillo
May 1st, 2004, 10:48 AM
And gogomaggie says he is Maggies best fan... Just one word: :lol:

GoGoMaggie
May 1st, 2004, 10:56 AM
And gogomaggie says he is Maggies best fan... Just one word: :lol:
What's funny about that?

crazillo
May 1st, 2004, 11:15 AM
U behave like a little kid. Maggie might have thought about it one minute that day. But Maggies loss is NOT bc of that.

GoGoMaggie
May 1st, 2004, 11:17 AM
U behave like a little kid. Maggie might have thought about it one minute that day. But Maggies loss is NOT bc of that.
But what's got to do with me being the best fan of Maggie's?

crazillo
May 1st, 2004, 11:21 AM
A fan accepts losses and analysises them but doesnt explain it in that way. U are no fan of her if she has no succes, u are very disrespectful then to her.
I have to go. For every other Maggie fan on this board I know, u are no real fan for her...

GoGoMaggie
May 1st, 2004, 11:25 AM
A fan accepts losses and analysises them but doesnt explain it in that way. U are no fan of her if she has no succes, u are very disrespectful then to her.
I have to go. For every other Maggie fan on this board I know, u are no real fan for her...
Who are you to preach me like that?
Anyways, I didn't really blame her loss on that but thought it might have played some part in that lopsided result.

azza
May 1st, 2004, 11:30 AM
Venus :rolleyes: losing 1 game :retard:

:p

DunkMachine
May 1st, 2004, 11:40 AM
NEWSFLASH:

It's official, GogoMaggie = izzhttp://www.trollkingdom.com/pics/misc/wacky/owned.gif

ans
May 1st, 2004, 01:21 PM
Well done by venus, she's definitely getting back to the top.

Can anyone tell me when serena is coming back?:confused:

justine&coria
May 1st, 2004, 01:30 PM
:lol: :lol:

space_eef03
May 1st, 2004, 10:04 PM
Thanx a lot crazillo, it seems like you're being the schoolboy here. You can put the Maggie-Clijsters in Antwerp tape in a place where light never comes! :fiery:

crazillo
May 1st, 2004, 10:07 PM
Thanx a lot crazillo, it seems like you're being the schoolboy here. You can put the Maggie-Clijsters in Antwerp tape in a place where light never comes! :fiery:

Sorry. It was not a thing between u and him, this was for gogomaggie...

U are a big fan of her, he isnt. Look at his reactions. I remember the threasds last year about "Maleeva is in a slump"....

Why do u blame me. I was speaking about gogomaggie, not about u!!

crazillo
May 1st, 2004, 10:13 PM
Who are you to preach me like that?
Anyways, I didn't really blame her loss on that but thought it might have played some part in that lopsided result.

God knows. But u always say it like a sure thing, a fact. Its speculative, but u try to convince the others with your arguments...

space_eef03
May 1st, 2004, 10:16 PM
For every other Maggie fan on this board I know, u are no real fan for her...
I can assure you that this comes out like no other Maggie fan here is a real fan. And I think everyone will agree with that. I hope it's just a mistake because English is not your motherlanguage.

crazillo
May 1st, 2004, 10:24 PM
no, what I wanted to say is that the other Maggie fans dont think that he is a real Maggie fan bc of those comments.

1jackson2001
May 1st, 2004, 10:32 PM
Venus :)

space_eef03
May 1st, 2004, 10:34 PM
no, what I wanted to say is that the other Maggie fans dont think that he is a real Maggie fan bc of those comments.
that is something else. For me it's clear that he isn't a Maggie fan, but who cares? As long there is us to support her together with ghosts, Hu... and the silent ones it's ok!!! ;)
Sorry for misunderstanding ;)