PDA

View Full Version : Heinz Günthardt to coach Capriati

Lindsayfan
Apr 30th, 2004, 02:34 PM
I read that on Blick.someone who speaks german can please translate?
thanks!

http://www.blick.ch/PB2G/PB2GA/pb2ga.htm?snr=69952

Beat
Apr 30th, 2004, 02:39 PM
hi vale! how are you doing?

the article says that he once trained with her in saddlebrook for a week and that he will acompany jennifer to the tournament in berlin. what happens after berlin isn't clear yet.

so the expression "coach" might be a bit far-fetched. yet.

Lindsayfan
Apr 30th, 2004, 02:45 PM
i'm fine thanks...looking forward to my comeback in Geneva (in september!).

thanks for the translation!

pigam
Apr 30th, 2004, 02:45 PM
I read that on Blick.someone who speaks german can please translate?
thanks!

http://www.blick.ch/PB2G/PB2GA/pb2ga.htm?snr=69952
Heinz Günthardt wird Capriati-Coach

STOCKHOLM – Neuer Job für Heinz Günthardt: Der Ex-Coach von Steffi Graf wird Trainer von Jennifer Capriati.

Das Engagement ist vorerst auf das Turnier in Berlin beschränkt. «Ich habe schon einmal eine Woche mit ihr in Saddlebrook trainiert. Vor zwei Tagen kam dann die Anfrage, ob ich sie nicht in Berlin begleiten wolle», so der in Schweden wohnhafte dreifache Familienvater, der auch noch gelegentlich als TV-Co-Kommentator arbeitet.

Ob er auch anschliessend in Rom oder allenfalls darüber hinaus dabei ist, weiss er noch nicht: «Ich lasse alles auf mich zukommen.» Capriati gewann in ihrer Karriere drei Grand-Slam-Turniere, zuletzt das Australian Open 2002, und war während 17 Wochen die Nummer 1. In diesem Jahr hat sie bislang nur vier Turniere mit mässigem Erfolg bestritten. Im Ranking ist sie auf Platz 8 abgerutscht.

Heinz G. will be Capriati's coach!
STOCKHOLM: A new job for HG: the ex coach of Steffy Graf will become Capriati's coach.

The cooperation will first take place @ the tournament of Berlin. "I've already worked with her for one week in Sadlebrook. Two days ago, the question came, whether I wanted to coach her during the Berlin tournament." says the familyfather who lives in Sweden and who regularly works as a co-commentator on TV.

If he will be there in Rome too, and maybe even after that, he doesn't know yet. "I just let thing come as they come" Capriati wopn 3 GStpournaments in her carreer, the latest was the AO in 2002 and she was nr1 for 17 weeks. This year, she has only played four tournaments uptill now, with average succes. She's stuck @ the 8th place on the rankings...

not a perfect translation, but still ;)

SelesFan70
Apr 30th, 2004, 02:58 PM
Well, if anyone clean up the Capriati train wreck, it's Heinz.... :o

SpikeyAidanm
Apr 30th, 2004, 03:00 PM
Interesting.

Mase
Apr 30th, 2004, 03:06 PM
I love the fact that Jen is mixing it up with her coahces, to me that shows that she still wants to be the best in the game... AWESOME JEN, you hnadle you career!!!
:bounce:

Chance
Apr 30th, 2004, 04:03 PM
yeah it's good to see Cappy seeking coaching assistance.

*JR*
Apr 30th, 2004, 04:08 PM
Good Luck, Lansman esp. after my friend Rainer screwed you Out Of Coaching Crazy :tape: Wait, he did you a Fucking Favor! :lol:

jenny161185
Apr 30th, 2004, 05:14 PM
things with Craig must n t be working out but at least shes still trying new cioaches not going back to Stefano!

CapFan#1
Apr 30th, 2004, 08:48 PM
I think Heintz would be a GREAT coach for Jenny. He obviously has had great success with another tennis player with a huge forehand (steffi!!) and I think he would be a good match for Jen because he will help her set up her matches to use her forehand, which is lethal when channeled properly. And if it doesnt work out, that is ok, because Jen is mixing it up and trying to find the right coaching situation for her--- this is a great indicator that she wants to make a go at winning more titles!!!

GO JENN!!!

JennyS
Apr 30th, 2004, 11:59 PM
This is intersting news. I noticed that tennisx posted that Jen was still thinking about working with Craig. Maybe she wants to try out both coaches before deciding on one.

*JR*
May 1st, 2004, 12:59 AM
This is intersting news. I noticed that tennisx posted that Jen was still thinking about working with Craig. Maybe she wants to try out both coaches before deciding on one.
Yeah, Heinz could still be "Auditioning" After his '03 Dokic Disaster! :eek:

Greenout
May 1st, 2004, 05:16 AM
Very interesting. Good to see the Capster willing to try out new coaches,
and different approaches. I'm curious to see what he'll try tweak in
her game.

tennisluver99
May 1st, 2004, 05:29 AM
I wonder how long it will be before she kicks Heinz to the curb.

maryjane
May 1st, 2004, 08:23 AM
dokic is a disaster by herself it wasn't gunthard's fault.
in fact what is dokic doing now?

vutt
May 1st, 2004, 10:45 AM
Yeah , I agree with maryjane (http://www.wtaworld.com/member.php?u=18945) (who used to be Jelena fan to btw). Heinz held her at least some sort of level back in 2003. It felt like paradise compared to this year Bikic work.

Anyway my best wishes to Heinz-Jen team. Heinz is fine tuner IMHO (he felt so even when she used to be Steffi's coach) and Capriati has fine tools to tune.

matthias
May 1st, 2004, 11:46 AM
i think Heinz Günthardt will work hard on her fitness