PDA

View Full Version : Loss of Amelie not good for Venus

joeshmo50
Apr 30th, 2004, 01:24 PM
I was just thinking, now that Amelie is out of it, it may increase Venus' chances of winning, however, for you Venus fans out there, don't you think it would have been better to see her beat a top 5 player before the French? I mean yeah, she could still do that at next week's German Open, but if Venus can get to the finals, and win this thing, it would have made it extra sweet to beat a top 5 player like Amelie. Plus, it would have turned more heads towards Venus before the French, ya know?

DUNEMAN
Apr 30th, 2004, 01:30 PM
I was just thinking, now that Amelie is out of it, it may increase Venus' chances of winning, however, for you Venus fans out there, don't you think it would have been better to see her beat a top 5 player before the French? I mean yeah, she could still do that at next week's German Open, but if Venus can get to the finals, and win this thing, it would have made it extra sweet to beat a top 5 player like Amelie. Plus, it would have turned more heads towards Venus before the French, ya know?

I was rooting for Amelie, until she meet Venus. She is one of my Favs :(

Sportfan
Apr 30th, 2004, 01:40 PM
Personally I think it is better when Venus goes into a tournament unhyped my only concern is that she remains relatively healthy and can play well at the FO.

lizchris
Apr 30th, 2004, 03:28 PM
Vneus is still scheduled to play the German Open and Kim and Amelie are scheduled to play there.

Steff_forever
Apr 30th, 2004, 03:44 PM
in 1997 noone thought of Iva to win that trophy and beating the #1 in the final. So why shouldn't Venus win that trophy withoit beating a top5 before RG ???

She has all chances ...

Foot_Fault
Apr 30th, 2004, 03:51 PM
in 1997 noone thought of Iva to win that trophy and beating the #1 in the final. So why shouldn't Venus win that trophy withoit beating a top5 before RG ???

She has all chances ...:worship: :worship: :worship:

WF4EVER
Apr 30th, 2004, 04:57 PM
What's the point of this thread? I'm lost.

servenrichie
May 1st, 2004, 06:20 AM
What's the point of this thread? I'm lost.The point I think is that Venus fans should be sad that Amelie lost, not because Amelie may be their favourites, but because Venus ought to proove that she is still capable of beating a top five player before RG. The starter of this thread should correct me I f I am wrong:fiery:

joeshmo50
May 1st, 2004, 02:05 PM
No, ur right on servenrichie,thanks for explaining that. I didn't think the thread was that difficult to understand. Thanks for ur opinions.

Gus
May 1st, 2004, 02:18 PM

She has all chances ...

IVA SHOULD NEVER HAD WON THE FRENCH - please remember the match !!!!!! Martina had won everything at that point, and, I was there attending the final, she just got really nervous...

Kim's final a few years later is a better example ;)