Apr 30th, 2004, 02:24 PM
oh no poor amelie, wow that is shocking,sorry dont know how many points

Paneru
Apr 30th, 2004, 02:25 PM
How many points is she going to lose?

146 pts.?

Knizzle
Damn, Damn, Damn!!! MOMO!! :fiery: Why didn't you put it away in 2 sets??

SilviaFan
OMG, What happened with Amelie????? :sad:

Andrew.
Apr 30th, 2004, 02:26 PM
Amelie :rolleyes: :sad:

lizchris
Apr 30th, 2004, 02:26 PM
I know that Venus was number two in the world at the time so Amelie lost at least 50-75 bonus points coming into the tournament.

GoDominique
Apr 30th, 2004, 02:28 PM
How many points is she going to lose?
Why don't you try and calculate it yourself?

lizchris
OMG, What happened with Amelie????? :sad:
Her undoing seems to be the second set tiebreak because afer she scored two points, Francesca ran away with the final set which leads me to believe she may be injured.

St.Sebastian
MOMO :mad: :fiery:

Rothes
Apr 30th, 2004, 02:29 PM
Forza Schiavoné !!!!

"Sluggy"
Apr 30th, 2004, 02:30 PM
Schiavone is an excellent player, though maybe not a particularly friendly one.

lizchris
Apr 30th, 2004, 02:31 PM
That's why I knew this match was going to be a toss-up.

Schiavone almost took Venus out in the QF in Warsaw last year.

Beat
Apr 30th, 2004, 02:31 PM
Schiavone, you suck!!!!

that's why she beat amelie??? :confused:

GoDominique
Apr 30th, 2004, 02:32 PM
Her undoing seems to be the second set tiebreak because afer she scored two points, Francesca ran away with the final set which leads me to believe she may be injured.
Don't you have some more baseless speculation to offer?

Sonja
Apr 30th, 2004, 02:33 PM
Sonja vents :mad: :fiery: :mad: :fiery:

She almost always has a lapse in the second set when she's winning. DRIVES ME NUTS!! I don't know if she loses concentration or what, but it happens altogether too often and against a player of Francesca's caliber its lethal, as was proven today.

Congratulations Francesca; well done!

SelesFan70
:eek:

Knizzle
146 pts.? She is losing 290 pts which leaves her at 3167. Davenport is 2996 which is 171 pts behind Momo, but of course Davy isn't playing until Strasbourg, but she could still pass Momo before the French if Momo doesn't defend her points in Berlin and Rome where she has SF and F points in the amount of 161 and 367 respectively.

- L i n a -
Apr 30th, 2004, 02:34 PM
that's why she beat amelie??? :confused:No, she wanted to hurt my Bovina in Linz.

LiliaLee-Frazier
Apr 30th, 2004, 02:34 PM
Schiavone is an excellent player, though maybe not a particularly friendly one.
She would have made an intimadating doubles partner with Spirlea :eek: :fiery: >>> :lol:

lizchris
Apr 30th, 2004, 02:35 PM
She is losing 290 pts which leaves her at 3167. Davenport is 2996 whic is 171 pts behind Momo, but of course Davy isn't playing until Strasbourg, but she could still pass Momo before the French if Momo doesn't defend her points in Berlin and Rome where she has SF and F points in the amount of 161 and 367 respectively.
Also keep in mind that Amelie could drop further if she doesn't defend her QF FO points.

Cersei
Apr 30th, 2004, 02:35 PM
ah crap :sad:

galadriel
Apr 30th, 2004, 02:37 PM
Amelie :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Sonja
Apr 30th, 2004, 02:37 PM
Very true and particularly so with Mauresmo's stats.

And thanks Knizzle for the points info.

- L i n a -
Apr 30th, 2004, 02:39 PM
Sonja, please don't edit my hatred for that beast.

She deserves it. :p

I'll be nicer about it though...

I only wish some player rips her wrist off during the handshake.

space_eef03
Apr 30th, 2004, 02:40 PM
Well that's a favourite less. :sad:

crewman31
Apr 30th, 2004, 02:42 PM
that's a very good win for the italian

Sonja
Apr 30th, 2004, 02:44 PM
Lina, Lina, if her hand gets ripped off then your fave won't be able to beat her next time, as she will be unable to play.

Play nice! ;) :p

Kart
Apr 30th, 2004, 02:45 PM
Oh Amelie :sad:.

Still Schiavone is a dangerous player.

Experimentee
Apr 30th, 2004, 02:49 PM
Sonja vents :mad: :fiery: :mad: :fiery:

She almost always has a lapse in the second set when she's winning. DRIVES ME NUTS!! I don't know if she loses concentration or what, but it happens altogether too often and against a player of Francesca's caliber its lethal, as was proven today.

Congratulations Francesca; well done!

True, in the previous round she also had a 2nd set battle with Danilidou, who pretty much sucks on clay, after winning the first easily. Its probably more a mental lapse than injury. Fran also is a good clay courter, especially at this tournament as she gave Venus trouble last year too.

Chunchun
Apr 30th, 2004, 02:50 PM
Shocking :eek: :eek:
Amelie what did you do?! :o

Harju.
Apr 30th, 2004, 03:00 PM
Momo :crying2: :sobbing:

lizchris
Apr 30th, 2004, 03:06 PM
you are sooooooo mis-informed. Amelie got beat. Look at the third set. She simply gave up. Its mental.
Either she gave up or she was injured. We have to wait and see what Amelie says.

DUNEMAN
Apr 30th, 2004, 03:15 PM
She would have made an intimadating doubles partner with Spirlea :eek: :fiery: >>> :lol:

:haha: :haha: :haha: That would have been, some Fuc**ing team :lol:

SilviaFan
Apr 30th, 2004, 03:16 PM
Amelie out and Silvia out :sad: This is really sad !!!!

UDiTY
Apr 30th, 2004, 03:31 PM
:eek: MOMO!! I can't believe she lost, Francesca must be playing some good dirt-ball.

SVETLANA for the final!!!:bounce:

Bette_Midler
congrats paca!!!!!!!!! :)

Venus Forever
Where are the other 10 thousand threads on this loss?? :confused:

lizchris
Apr 30th, 2004, 03:39 PM
Where are the other 10 thousand threads on this loss?? :confused:
It's not Venus, that's why.:fiery:

lizchris
Apr 30th, 2004, 03:50 PM
That's because Amelie fans realize that one lost is not the end of the world.
No, it's because critics and those fans who are jealous of Venus and Serean's accomplishments always seem to be estatic when they lose. Most people who are not fans of other players who lose really don't care.

lizchris
Apr 30th, 2004, 03:54 PM
No it's not true, the majority of threads about Venus when she loses are made by fans.

Though there was one irritating poster (for sure?) who started one million threads when Venus lost, but I think he was banned.
That may be true of some of her losses going back to last year, but not this year's AO loss or her loss in Maimi.

Andy T
Apr 30th, 2004, 03:56 PM
Brava Francesca. Amélie can say goodbye to a top for seeding at RG, I reckon; it'll be
1) Justine Hénin
2) Kim Clijsters or Serena
3) Clijsters or Serena
4) Lindsay Davenport
5) Amélie Mauresmo
6)...

lizchris
Apr 30th, 2004, 04:01 PM
Brava Francesca. Amélie can say goodbye to a top for seeding at RG, I reckon; it'll be
1) Justine Hénin
3) Clijsters or Serena
4) Lindsay Davenport
5) Amélie Mauresmo
6)...
I think the ITF will seed Serena over Kim since this will be Serena's fourth tournament back from after her injury.

As someoen said previously, Amelie has to defend her points from Berlin (SF) and Rome (F) and hope Lindsay doesn't play or doesn't win in the tournament she is playing a week before the FO to stay at number three and be seeded four for the FO.

space_eef03
Apr 30th, 2004, 04:12 PM
It's not Venus, that's why.:fiery:
YET!! In a few hours Maggie will have beaten Venus (I know I'm optimistic but hey she did it before just not on clay yet I think) and then spectacle is gonna start. ;)

fammmmedspin
Apr 30th, 2004, 04:13 PM
I think the ITF will seed Serena over Kim since this will be Serena's fourth tournament back from after her injury.

As someoen said previously, Amelie has to defend her points from Berlin (SF) and Rome (F) and hope Lindsay doesn't play or doesn't win in the tournament she is playing a week before the FO to stay at number three and be seeded four for the FO.I thought Kims number 2 outranked Serena's number 2 special ranking normally and i thought GS didn't count in the 4 total? The ITF could do anything but it would be unusual to put Kim who has 3 times the points and is the defending finalist behind Serena who is reinjured, only got to the 03 SFand has far fewer recent wins? More importantly the French like Kim and they seem to have taken against serena so why would they intervene? It doesn't matter anyway as the US TV will promote Serena anyway regardles of her ranking or form.

it might be more interesting where Venus goes. her results are mixed. Her form is unclear as she hasn't faced a top player yet (not this week either after today) and she didn't get far last year. On the other hand the other top players are injured and she is at least out there.

lizchris
Apr 30th, 2004, 04:15 PM
YET!! In a few hours Maggie will have beaten Venus (I know I'm optimistic but hey she did it before just not on clay yet I think) and then spectacle is gonna start. ;)
They have never played on clay and it's not like Maggie blew Patty off the court yesterday.

I think Venus will win in straight sets, but you never know.

lizchris
Apr 30th, 2004, 04:20 PM
I thought Kims number 2 outranked Serena's number 2 special ranking normally and i thought GS didn't count in the 4 total? The ITF could do anything but it would be unusual to put Kim who has 3 times the points and is the defending finalist behind Serena who is reinjured, only got to the 03 SFand has far fewer recent wins? More importantly the French like Kim and they seem to have taken against serena so why would they intervene? It doesn't matter anyway as the US TV will promote Serena anyway regardles of her ranking or form.
I don't care how much the French like Kim, the ITF runs the FO and if they wnat to seed Serena number two they can. They seeded Venus number three at the AO and took a lot of flack from the players and I don't know why. Assuming Venus has a geat clay court season, I bet some of them will beg the ITF to seed Venus higher than the number 10 or 11 ranking she will most likely have.

You are also forgetting that Serena is a former champion and she has that in her favor.

lizchris
Apr 30th, 2004, 04:22 PM
it might be more interesting where Venus goes. her results are mixed. Her form is unclear as she hasn't faced a top player yet (not this week either after today) and she didn't get far last year. On the other hand the other top players are injured and she is at least out there.
As with last year, it isn't Venus' problem or fault that the other top players are injured or choose not to play. In addition, just because she lost in the fourth round last year doesn't mean she won't do better.

tenn_ace
Apr 30th, 2004, 04:22 PM
Amelie, what's the heck? :rolleyes: :mad:

well done Francheska though... great battle.

bis2806
Apr 30th, 2004, 04:30 PM
Bravo Francesca!!! :D i know she's can do it she's a great player!!!!

Knizzle
Apr 30th, 2004, 04:34 PM
1) Justine Hénin
3) Clijsters or Serena
4) Lindsay Davenport
5) Amélie Mauresmo
6)...
Should be

1. Justine
2. Kim
3. Serena
4. Lindsay (if Amelie doesn't defend her points which is very likely)
5. Venus
6. Mauresmo.

lizchris
Apr 30th, 2004, 04:35 PM
Should be

1. Justine
2. Kim
3. Serena
5. Venus
6. Mauresmo.
Why would Venus be seeded number 5?

Knizzle
Apr 30th, 2004, 04:49 PM
Why would Venus be seeded number 5?
Why not??

- L i n a -
Apr 30th, 2004, 04:52 PM
As long as Venus is seeded 5-8... I think that's fair.

lizchris
Apr 30th, 2004, 04:54 PM
Why not??
As a Venus fan, I'd like to see her seeded in the top ten, but I think she would have to win one of her remaining clay tournaments to justify a top five seeding.

Darop.
Apr 30th, 2004, 05:29 PM
Fran!! :banana:

tennisIlove09
Apr 30th, 2004, 05:41 PM
Well, this is certainly shocking. I guess no rematch (since Vee is crushing Maleeva 6-1 2-0)

Francessca seems to like this event though. Remember last year she lead VEnus 6-2 3-1 before falling 2-6 6-3 6-3

Hopefully Momo's loss wasn't injury related

bis2806
Apr 30th, 2004, 05:45 PM
to be realistic, i think venus cannot get enough points by RG to earn top seeding!

ghosts
Apr 30th, 2004, 06:10 PM
omg Amelie :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Well done Franci ;)

fammmmedspin
Apr 30th, 2004, 07:14 PM
Should be

1. Justine
2. Kim
3. Serena
5. Venus
6. Mauresmo.
Makes sense but Amelie may defend and Amelie has a little advamtage of being French. It doesn't really matter anyway where you are in 5-8 but news reports of "french player moved down rankings in favour of American" isn't going to do the american any favours with the French crowd.

Havok
Apr 30th, 2004, 07:29 PM
:retard:

Joseosu19
Apr 30th, 2004, 08:03 PM
Francesca:D:D:D:D Now get to the finals:D

charmedRic
Apr 30th, 2004, 08:04 PM
Great win for Francesca, who knows maybe a loss like this is what Amelie needs to breakthrough at RG, year after year she's hyped for her excellent record going into the tournament.

Linnie
Apr 30th, 2004, 08:07 PM
Amélie :banghead: :shout: :timebomb: Better luck next week in Berlin :banana:

Well done, Fran! ;) :D

jlamire
Apr 30th, 2004, 08:09 PM
Great win for Francesca, who knows maybe a loss like this is what Amelie needs to breakthrough at RG, year after year she's hyped for her excellent record going into the tournament.
Actually, I would sign to have Momo losing early at Rome and Berlin but doing good at French Open!

Wojtek
Apr 30th, 2004, 08:11 PM
No, she wanted to hurt my Bovina in Linz.

It's bullshit. Bovina hit Schiavone after the match. Probably you didn't see that match :tape:

davenport_1
Apr 30th, 2004, 08:18 PM
OMG.......Schiavone?.........blah.....At least this is a good opportunity for the other lower-ranked players(Elia!)...

davenport_1
Apr 30th, 2004, 08:27 PM
Damnit.....Elia lost!!!!!! This is the worst J&S cup ever!!!!!!!!!!! I hate this tournament!!!!!!!! If Sveta doesn't Beat Venus in the finals I will.......ummmm......eerrrr.......I........neverm ind

Nikola
Apr 30th, 2004, 09:16 PM
:tape:

foreva lindsay
Apr 30th, 2004, 10:40 PM
poor amelie, bad loss!!
whats happening to them, y cant they win lol

Lapin
May 1st, 2004, 01:33 AM
Well, it's disappointing to say the least :sad: , but not altogether surprising; 2004 has thrown an awful lot at Amélie (the loss of her father in March, and injury at the Aus Open), and she quite understandably, may not be feeling at full strength right now. And of course Francesca played very well from what I've heard, and is a dangerous and very determined player, so congratulations to her!

Win the whole thing now please Francesca!! :D

~ The Leopard ~
May 1st, 2004, 01:38 AM
Exactly my sentiments, Lapin.

- L i n a -
May 1st, 2004, 01:40 AM
It's bullshit. Bovina hit Schiavone after the match. Probably you didn't see that match :tape:
No.

Fran grabbed Lena's wirst very hard, and wouldn't let go... so Lena tapped her wrist.

I still have the match on my computer.

Schiavone - Go hell.

Mr_Molik
May 1st, 2004, 01:51 AM
well done franchesca :bounce:

Jericho
May 1st, 2004, 03:53 AM
*points and laughs*