PDA

View Full Version : It's a small world - My friend's brother knows Andy Ram

"Sluggy"
Apr 30th, 2004, 12:32 PM
I met a girlfriend's brother today and he says he's good friends with Andy Ram!!!!! I love autographs so Im going to prepare him something to take back to Israel with him. He also said he might be able to get an autograph of Anna Smashnova Pistolesi. That would be great!!!!!
I looked on atp.tour and didnt find much information about Andy. Anybody have more information on Andy's career?
:wavey: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

hoekie274
Apr 30th, 2004, 02:22 PM
I met a girlfriend's brother today and he says he's good friends with Andy Ram!!!!! I love autographs so Im going to prepare him something to take back to Israel with him. He also said he might be able to get an autograph of Anna Smashnova Pistolesi. That would be great!!!!!
I looked on atp.tour and didnt find much information about Andy. Anybody have more information on Andy's career?
:wavey: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Andy Ram is born on the 10th of April 1980 in Montevideo, Uruguay. He started playing tennis at the age of 6. Coached by Ronih Moralli and Anthony Harris. Likes soccer and supports Bethal Jerusalem team. Likes grass and hard courts. Underwent two surgeries in 2002 (back and left knee). Admires Amos Mansdorf, former Israeli no. 1 and now Davis Cup captain. Father, Ami, is an event organiser, mother Diana is a dentist. Has a sister, Maia, and brother, Gustavo. Speaks English, Spanish and Hebrew.

Andy turned pro in 1998. Height: 1.80m, weight: 82kg. Is a member of the Israelian Davis Cup team (won 4 matches, lost 4 matches). Was member of the Israelian team that lost to Germany in 2004. Lost in doubles with Jonathan Erlich against Tommy Haas and Alexander Waske.

Is a winner of 3 ITF-tournaments (Turkey 1999, India 2000, Bristol 2000). Didn´t play in singles during 2004.

Was doubles finalist in ATP-tournaments of Chennai and Rotterdam in 2004, partnering Jonathan Erlich and semi-finalist in Milan, also with Jonathan Erlich.

Biggest achievement so far was reaching the final of Wimbledon 2003 in mixed-doubles. Teamed up with Russian Anastassia Rodionova and stunned. Defeated Bob Bryan and Elena Likhovtseva in the 2nd round. In the final they lost to Martina Navratilova and Leander Paes.

I saw that match live on BBC and was impressed by Andy. He enjoyed playing at Wimbledon and made a lot of nice winners. Is a highly technical player. To bad that Rodionova was extremely nervous. She wasn´t in the match at all.

Andy´s ranking:
ATP entry ranking singles: 342
ATP entry ranking doubles: 20

Experimentee
Apr 30th, 2004, 02:39 PM
Andy Ram is primarily a doubles player, he plays with Jonathan Erlich. They had a great result at Wimbledon last year, I think they reached SF. He also reached the final of the mixed doubles with Rodionova in the same tournament.

"Sluggy"
Apr 30th, 2004, 03:58 PM
You guys are awesome. thank you for the information.