PDA

View Full Version : Big Apple Posters-In Here

DUNEMAN
Apr 30th, 2004, 11:12 AM
New York City posters, what part of city you from? Should we represent at USO :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

"Sluggy"
Apr 30th, 2004, 11:52 AM
Brooklyn in the House. Lived 3 years in park slope, made a mess enough there, and moved to Bay Ridge. anyone from Bay Ridge here? Come over to france for Roland Garros. it is awesome!!!!!!!!!

Cam'ron Giles
Apr 30th, 2004, 01:04 PM
Lived in BK and Harlem...now in Jersey City...:D

katrientje
Apr 30th, 2004, 01:25 PM
How's life in NY city?
It's such a fascinating city, I'd love to live there!

DUNEMAN
Apr 30th, 2004, 01:38 PM
How's life in NY city?
It's such a fascinating city, I'd love to live there!

:wavey: This is a special place, special people appreciate it. We have a small Tennis Tourney here in the late summer, come on over, seee for yourself. NYC is a great place in the summer :D
Click here: Guide to New York City Hotels, Restaurants, Vacations, Map, Attractions

By the way Guys I am from Queens, 10 min from A> Ashe Stadium. :bounce:

"Sluggy"
Apr 30th, 2004, 01:54 PM
New york is amazing. having just moved 2 years ago from NYC, and lived there 8 years, it is awesome. there is incredible fishing in New York city too. great restaurants, everything. NY is amazing. It was very sad for a long time after 9/11 of course, but were coming back.

DUNEMAN
Apr 30th, 2004, 02:05 PM
Brooklyn in the House. Lived 3 years in park slope, made a mess enough there, and moved to Bay Ridge. anyone from Bay Ridge here? Come over to france for Roland Garros. it is awesome!!!!!!!!!

I plan to make RG, next year. I lived in Madrid for 3 years, while in the USAF, and visited Paris a lot. Paris is my favorite Euro city, lot like NYC :hearts:

Ballbuster
Apr 30th, 2004, 02:42 PM
New York City posters, what part of city you from? Should we represent at USO :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Good luck with meeting (some) of your fellow posters in NY. I've learned that they all talk and with very little truth. It is good to see that you are willing to come from behind your screen and enjoy life, can't say that about the rest of your peeps from that town.

Kart
Apr 30th, 2004, 02:44 PM
Are you in NY Ballbuster ?

lizchris
Apr 30th, 2004, 02:45 PM
I live in suburban NYC. Does that count?

Cam'ron Giles
Apr 30th, 2004, 02:46 PM
DuneMan...I would love to meet during the Open...I went last year. I love meeting attractive members of the board...Met up with two and love them dearly...unlike some of the beasts on here that cant get a minute of my time...:tape:

Ballbuster
Apr 30th, 2004, 02:47 PM
Are you in NY Ballbuster ?

No, but I visit often. A good buddy of mine has a condo in Chelsea and he's hardly at home. Most times I take over his pad and take the town by storm. All he ask is that I clean up the condoms and house by the time I leave.

Cam'ron Giles
Apr 30th, 2004, 02:47 PM
BTW...I live right on the Hudson River with a fantastic view of lower Manhattan...:hearts:

Cam'ron Giles
Apr 30th, 2004, 02:48 PM
One thing I know is that "attractive men" in NYC dont mess with ugly out of towners...thats just how we do it..:D

Kart
Apr 30th, 2004, 02:49 PM
No, but I visit often. A good buddy of mine has a condo in Chelsea and he's hardly at home. Most times I take over his pad and take the town by storm. All he ask is that I clean up the condoms and house by the time I leave. That's a good friend and a lucky set-up.

I hope you change the sheets as well though.

Ballbuster
Apr 30th, 2004, 02:51 PM

Why don't you jump in your vehicle (since I believe you have one) and go visit your fellow posters TODAY! Please report back your findings....and don't forget to take a digital camera so we can all get a good laugh.

Ballbuster
Apr 30th, 2004, 02:54 PM
That's a good friend and a lucky set-up.

I hope you change the sheets as well though.

He has a duplex on 24th street, dude is loaded and he's not conceited. He's cool peeps.

BK4ever
Apr 30th, 2004, 02:57 PM
Currently living in Soho, but trying to get the hell out and move to Harlem...

Grew up in Queens/Long Island...also lived in Ft.Greene at one time (best neighborhood ever)

Would love to meet up at the Open, have no problems meeting folks...I'm interested in meeting anyone who is as obsessed with Tennis as I am :)

DUNEMAN, maybe all the folks who are serious can send u a PM and you can handle the arrangements...

Ballbuster
Apr 30th, 2004, 03:00 PM
DUNEMAN, maybe all the folks who are serious can send u a PM and you can handle the arrangements...

BK4ever,

I take my hat off to you for your honesty. You are a real human being. :kiss:

Cam'ron Giles
Apr 30th, 2004, 03:00 PM
Great idea BK...I plan on going several days during the first week...:D

BK4ever
Apr 30th, 2004, 03:21 PM
Maybe we call all meet up watch some tennis and then head to Mojitos for some Mojitos....nah...just remembered...got plastered two weeks ago on Mojitos...dammit lets just watch tennis :wavey:

Depending on my freelance work schedule I will be there everyday, all day...I work in Advertising and I'm already lobbying with all my media outlets to make sure they hook me up with free tickets...

Cam'ron Giles
Apr 30th, 2004, 03:23 PM
Maybe we call all meet up watch some tennis and then head to Mojitos for some Mojitos....nah...just remembered...got plastered two weeks ago on Mojitos...dammit lets just watch tennis :wavey:

Depending on my freelance work schedule I will be there everyday, all day...I work in Advertising and I'm already lobbying with all my media outlets to make sure they hook me up with free tickets...
Dont forget me...:kiss: :hearts:

BK4ever
Apr 30th, 2004, 03:32 PM
Dont forget me...:kiss: :hearts:
I won't :hearts: I'll see what I can do!

BTW..I'm pimping myself right now trying to get a gig at Arnell Group...that place is CRAZY...

DUNEMAN
Apr 30th, 2004, 03:50 PM
Currently living in Soho, but trying to get the hell out and move to Harlem...

Grew up in Queens/Long Island...also lived in Ft.Greene at one time (best neighborhood ever)

Would love to meet up at the Open, have no problems meeting folks...I'm interested in meeting anyone who is as obsessed with Tennis as I am :)

:wavey: Lets do it guys, this group already sound like fun. E-mail me at STATICBEEF02@Yahoo.com :bounce: I go every year, and always wonder if the fans in the stands are posters here. :wavey:

Venus Forever
Apr 30th, 2004, 04:03 PM
New york is amazing. having just moved 2 years ago from NYC, and lived there 8 years, it is awesome. there is incredible fishing in New York city too. great restaurants, everything. NY is amazing. It was very sad for a long time after 9/11 of course, but were coming back.
I hope you ain't eating or have eaten any of the fish. Fishing is one thing, but to actually eat them is another, especially any fish from the Hudson River. Scratch that, from ANY nearby water that's in the city.

DUNEMAN
Apr 30th, 2004, 04:42 PM
I hope you ain't eating or have eaten any of the fish. Fishing is one thing, but to actually eat them is another, especially any fish from the Hudson River. Scratch that, from ANY nearby water that's in the city.

:confused: Hey, I fish and eat them, I am fine, I glow a little in dark, but my friends think thats cool ;)

Dave B
Apr 30th, 2004, 04:49 PM
No, but I visit often. A good buddy of mine has a condo in Chelsea and he's hardly at home. Most times I take over his pad and take the town by storm. All he ask is that I clean up the condoms and house by the time I leave.

I am so jealous! I am a student at Columbia and I would love to stay in a place like that...alas, let me return to my less than a hundred square feet closet that I live in.

Foot_Fault
Apr 30th, 2004, 04:52 PM
Great I stay in Harlem...and at the USO all the time!

Ballbuster
Apr 30th, 2004, 05:53 PM
So since most of you are only a train ride away, you can meet at a Sportsbar and demand they show tennis matches.

Dave B
Apr 30th, 2004, 06:12 PM
So since most of you are only a train ride away, you can meet at a Sportsbar and demand they show tennis matches.

Good call. Now if only they showed more matches on US TV. :fiery:

Venus Forever
Apr 30th, 2004, 06:16 PM
:confused: Hey, I fish and eat them, I am fine, I glow a little in dark, but my friends think thats cool ;)
:lol: :lol: :lol:

venusfan
Apr 30th, 2004, 06:25 PM
Queens in the house.. never go to the bronx and staten island is only to drive through on way to new jersey.

DUNEMAN
Apr 30th, 2004, 06:51 PM
Queens in the house.. never go to the bronx and staten island is only to drive through on way to new jersey.
:wavey: East Elmhurst Here, so close to National Tennis Center, I can smell the Vapor Rub ;)

Venus Forever
Apr 30th, 2004, 07:16 PM
BTW, I'm originally from Brooklyn, but now I live in Staten Island now. :D

Want the best pizza in the city?? Go to L&B Spumoni Garden on 86th Street in Brooklyn. *drool*

...or Da Vinci's on 18th ave.

Mmmm.....

Dave B
Apr 30th, 2004, 07:36 PM
BTW, I'm originally from Brooklyn, but now I live in Staten Island now. :D

Want the best pizza in the city?? Go to L&B Spumoni Garden on 86th Street in Brooklyn. *drool*

...or Da Vinci's on 18th ave.

Mmmm.....

I don't live in Brooklyn, but I have some friends in Park Slope. How far is that?

shap_half
Apr 30th, 2004, 07:55 PM
Lived in BK and Harlem...now in Jersey City...:D

stop playing, bitch!!! you're from Jersey City?!?!?!? ME TOO!!!:lol:

shap_half
Apr 30th, 2004, 07:56 PM
Manhattan, Upper West Side

Martian Willow
Apr 30th, 2004, 07:59 PM
...where are the pictures of fruit...? :confused:

DUNEMAN
Apr 30th, 2004, 09:02 PM
I don't live in Brooklyn, but I have some friends in Park Slope. How far is that?

Park Slope is in Brooklyn, just on the other side of town from the pizza shop :bounce:

Linnie
Apr 30th, 2004, 09:11 PM
Brooklyn in the House. Lived 3 years in park slope, made a mess enough there, and moved to Bay Ridge. anyone from Bay Ridge here? Come over to france for Roland Garros. it is awesome!!!!!!!!!Get out!!!!!!!!!! Brooklyn born and bred here :D Moved from there about 6 years ago - now living in Florida :cool: Lived in Park Slope for 6 years! Bay Ridge has some really good restaurants, btw :lick:

I still come up to NYC for my annual pilgrimage to the Open.....as I intend to do this year :D

Cam'ron Giles
Apr 30th, 2004, 09:23 PM
stop playing, bitch!!! you're from Jersey City?!?!?!? ME TOO!!!:lol:
You live in Jersey City? I live about a block from the Hudson closer to Exchange Place than Grove Street. I grew up in Bergen County NJ though...:o Lived in Brooklyn after college and then Harlem then moved to Jersey city...:cool:

faboozadoo15
May 1st, 2004, 12:59 AM
village here... nyu is my home... i like it by the park

Cam'ron Giles
May 1st, 2004, 02:05 AM
You're not that chick who was selling pot out of her dorm are you...:scared:

Fingon
May 1st, 2004, 02:07 AM
I thought this thread was for people who own a mac

faboozadoo15
May 1st, 2004, 06:18 AM
You're not that chick who was selling pot out of her dorm are you...:scared:
nope, in all senses...
i don't sell :devil:
i'm male :lol:
and i had never met that chicka... but i question why we weren't friends... :confused:
jk

DUNEMAN
May 1st, 2004, 12:36 PM
I thought this thread was for people who own a mac
:wavey: It has been recorded, that the majority of imigrants entered the USA,via NYC, thus most people in this country are and for ever will be NEW YORKERS, we are everywhere. I :hearts: NY

"Sluggy"
May 1st, 2004, 12:51 PM
BTW...I live right on the Hudson River with a fantastic view of lower Manhattan...:hearts:

You should check out my friends mexican restaurant. it is really awesome. there is an incredible view of the city, and a roofdeck which can require a wait in nice weather. the ground floor is a bar so the wait can be fun. it is very how do you say liberal and comfortable environment for all people. it got great reviews from the new york times... It is in brooklyn near redhook. definitely a must see.

"Sluggy"
May 1st, 2004, 12:58 PM

venus - well i can say that i have eaten a few bluefish from waters near new york city. they dont recommend women of childbearing age to eat the fish near new york city. i think it is a bunch of garbage though. i wouldnt eat the striped bass. they get huge and the larger the fish(they have to be 30 inches to keep) the more they chemicals PCBs etc. and the striped bass tend to stick near the city and migrate up the hudson to spawn. again problems. bluefish however migrate from florida up all the way to boston,maine etc. so my point is that a bluefish caught far away from NYC could have spent several months in and around manhattan. so they are so migratory its impossible to know what you are getting at the fish market. i never ate much fish though, just a few a year. and could not resist keepin several herring each winter for pickled herring. the water quality has been steadily improving, you can ask any angler from new york and theyll all say the same thing.

vettipooh
May 1st, 2004, 12:59 PM
Bronx in da house!!!!!Hey there,fellow New Yorkers!!! Glad to see who's from "the city that never sleeps.I used to live in Queens,in Woodside,but I,ve been in the Bronx now for the past 13 years. the USO is a must every year.Can't wait!!!

moon
May 1st, 2004, 06:06 PM
:wavey: count me in for the USO. It's a must for me every year.

Rocketta
May 1st, 2004, 09:08 PM
well poo poo on you New Yorkers...:( Not all of us can be from the big city! Some of us have to be from little itty bitty towns in the Carolinas of no more than 5,600 people. ;)

Oh I was born in Brooklyn, lived there until I was 8. Does that count? :D :wavey:

but I'm really a country girl..:o

My aunt still lives in Brooklyn and I am thinking of finally going to Open at least for a day this year but it's definitely not set in stone.

bigshow21
May 1st, 2004, 09:47 PM
I was born in Rochester, NY....only a few hours from the city!!! Now i live in Ohio. But i am going to USO this summer. I am so excited too. My entire side of my moms family was born and raised in New York. My dad used to live there too. So I am NY blood. I dont know if that counts, but im proud of it!!

Venus Forever
May 1st, 2004, 09:50 PM
I wish I could go to the Open for the past two years, but haven't been able to thanks to college.

It always starts first week of September, but I move in towards the end of August.

I could always go to the first few days, but I like going to the later rounds.

We'll have to see this year.

Laur
May 2nd, 2004, 01:22 AM
I live in East Elmhurst

DUNEMAN
May 2nd, 2004, 01:51 AM
I live in East Elmhurst

:wavey: Hi did you go to Newtown or Flushing H.S., This is great we got to do this guys. Party Time :bounce: :bounce:

Laur
May 2nd, 2004, 02:02 AM
No, I go to a school in the city.

MisterQ
May 2nd, 2004, 02:13 AM
BROOKLYN in da house! :bounce:

I live in Prospect Heights technically, but only a couple of blocks from Park Slope.

And New York is such a great city, I have to agree. love it! :)

MisterQ
May 2nd, 2004, 02:21 AM

are you the guy that lives in the library? ;)

but seriously, do you ever play at Coles? I love it up on the roof there on a nice day!

shap_half
May 2nd, 2004, 07:31 AM
You live in Jersey City? I live about a block from the Hudson closer to Exchange Place than Grove Street. I grew up in Bergen County NJ though...:o Lived in Brooklyn after college and then Harlem then moved to Jersey city...:cool:

Well I live at Fordham in Manhattan now but my family lives in Jersey City. I don't know if you are familiar with the area more commonly known as "country village" but I live in that area. I'm about 5 blocks outside of Bayonne. But I used to go to a High School very close to Grove Street on Montgomery St right next to the Montgomery Projects...:lol:

shap_half
May 3rd, 2004, 04:47 AM
heyyyyy New York!