PDA

View Full Version : OMG Stevenson now trying to pursue a career as a model...

spiceboy
Apr 30th, 2004, 01:40 AM
http://images2.**************/images/thumbnail/726030.jpg (javascript:open_window('PopupDoc.asp?doctyp=login ','login','scrollbars=no,menubar=no,width=300,heig ht=200')) http://images2.**************/images/thumbnail/726073.jpg (javascript:open_window('PopupDoc.asp?doctyp=login ','login','scrollbars=no,menubar=no,width=300,heig ht=200')) http://images2.**************/images/thumbnail/726072.jpg (javascript:open_window('PopupDoc.asp?doctyp=login ','login','scrollbars=no,menubar=no,width=300,heig ht=200')) http://images2.**************/images/thumbnail/726031.jpg (javascript:open_window('PopupDoc.asp?doctyp=login ','login','scrollbars=no,menubar=no,width=300,heig ht=200')) http://images2.**************/images/thumbnail/726077.jpg (javascript:open_window('PopupDoc.asp?doctyp=login ','login','scrollbars=no,menubar=no,width=300,heig ht=200'))

:tape: :tape: :tape:

anabel
Apr 30th, 2004, 01:44 AM
No le das un respiro a la chica eh?

Que mala eres :hehehe:

Mr_Molik
Apr 30th, 2004, 01:45 AM
:tape: :haha:

fried_beans
Apr 30th, 2004, 01:49 AM
That's from the Chase Champs Fashion Show in 02 ..isnt it?

spiceboy
Apr 30th, 2004, 01:49 AM
No le das un respiro a la chica eh?

Que mala eres :hehehe:
:devil: :devil: :devil:

Celeste
Apr 30th, 2004, 01:50 AM
She's a cute "gurl" but the only modeling job she would get is a "before" on a "before and after" shoot. The chick needs to lose like 50 pounds.

LiliaLee-Frazier
Apr 30th, 2004, 01:50 AM
:haha: :scared:

SpikeyAidanm
Apr 30th, 2004, 01:52 AM
:help:

LiliaLee-Frazier
Apr 30th, 2004, 01:53 AM
:help: ;) :wavey: :angel:

esquímaux
Apr 30th, 2004, 02:04 AM
Alex! Work it girlie :D :hearts:

davenport_1
Apr 30th, 2004, 03:02 AM
I'm not even gonna ask......

Volcana
Apr 30th, 2004, 03:31 AM
When you're young, rich and famous, I guess you get to do things like that. The downside is you have to deal with all the jealousy from wannabes and losers.

harloo
Apr 30th, 2004, 03:41 AM
She looks like Rain Pryor.

Anyways, she looks like she is working it so good luck if she is trying to model.

I bet this is an old picture though.

Matthew_Laker
Apr 30th, 2004, 04:27 AM
Oh please.... :o

LeonHart
Apr 30th, 2004, 05:02 AM
Im blind! im blind! :help:

tennischick
Apr 30th, 2004, 06:02 AM
When you're young, rich and famous, I guess you get to do things like that. The downside is you have to deal with all the jealousy from wannabes and losers.i concede young but is Alex really rich and famous? :confused:

Volcana
Apr 30th, 2004, 06:07 AM
i concede young but is Alex really rich and famous? :confused:Relative to normals like us, yes. A) her father was rich, and supported her and her mother her entire life. B) Life everybody else who's Gold Exempt, she gets appearance fees, deserved or otherwise. C) Being famous is WHY she was Gold Exempt. And why anyone's using her as a model. She's not unattractive, but there are millions of women just as attractive out there. But they aren't Julius Erving's daughter.

She doesn't have money like Venus and Serena, but nobody in the history of the tour but Kournikova has had money like that. Put it this way, if she has invested wisely, and choses to live modestly, she'd likely never have to work another day in her life. This is actually true of quite a number of tennis players.

tennischick
Apr 30th, 2004, 06:41 AM
i wasn't aware that Alex has attracted a whole bunch of endorsement deals which means that her "wealth" is the result of her tennis success. which is non-existent last time i checked. and i could have sworn that a lot of the mother's bitterness towards her ex-lover was because he had NOT supported them adequately financially over the years. of course i could be wrong. but even if he did, hush money hardly constitutes wealth.

no, Alex is neither rich nor famous. what she is is a wannabe. she is trying to do what Serena and Venus have been able to pull off -- use tennis as a means to other ends. but Alex just isn't smart enuf to pull it off.

being famous and being able to sell tournaments even tho she lost in the fist round is why Anna got Gold Exempt. Alex gets them bec she is Black and bec the WTA gets the chanc to silence Mr. Washington at not too much cost.

vs1
Apr 30th, 2004, 07:31 AM
Ummm...these are old pictures!! This was at the WTA year-end champs fundraising "fashion show" from like two years ago. Any of the tour players could have participated...Alex was one of those who did. I think Martina H., Venus and Jenn also participated. I don't recall seeing Serena participate (the following year, Serena supplied the dresses to be modelled!!).

Anyhow, I doubt Alex is trying to start a modelling career. She is probably trying to figure out how to win some challenger matches...one day at a time.

LUIS9
Apr 30th, 2004, 07:39 AM
Si la pobre chica esta un poquito fuera de forma, pero no es espantosa, tiene una sonrisa simpatica. Si solo pudiera concentrarse y jugar mejor tenis? Oh well time is running out of sight however.

sarza
Apr 30th, 2004, 01:52 PM
good luck to her in whateva she wants to do is what i say. you only live once and not very long then so make the most of it.

Black Mamba.
Apr 30th, 2004, 03:48 PM
If she wants to do that then good for her. However, I believe she'll find modeling a little more difficult than tennis, and we know how she does there.

Paneru
Apr 30th, 2004, 03:55 PM
Work it Lexy! :rocker:

SelesFan70
Apr 30th, 2004, 04:13 PM
:singer: Work! Turn the left! Work! Turn to the left!

I've done my fair share of Stevenson bashing, but there's nothing wrong about her modeling. :angel:

Volcana
Apr 30th, 2004, 04:16 PM
i wasn't aware that Alex has attracted a whole bunch of endorsement deals which means that her "wealth" is the result of her tennis success.
YOUR lack of awareness of a player's endorsement means they make all their money on court. Do yourealize how ridiculous that sounds?

I could have sworn that a lot of the mother's bitterness towards her ex-lover was because he had NOT supported them adequately financially over the years.
According to her, she ISN'T bitter. and uincase you haven't noticed, Samantha Stevenson doesn't exactly work much as a journalist anymore. Julius Erving paid for every lesson, every coach and every dwelling Sam and Alex ever had til Alex was 18.

hush money hardly constitutes wealth.
Isn't that a question of how much?

no, Alex is neither rich nor famous.
Well having shot down all your arguements, we're back to she's rich and famous.

Volcana
Apr 30th, 2004, 04:20 PM
I find irritating the Stevenson bashing, but please, people are not jealous of her.What another reason is their for spending time focusing on people you don't know and in spite of not knowing them, don't like? Obviously they won't ADMIT they're jealous, but it drips out of every word like bile.

If they weren't jealous, they'd have long ago moved on with their lives.

Experimentee
Apr 30th, 2004, 04:25 PM
Those are old pics from a fashion show that many others players participated in :rolleyes:
This is just another lame attempt to bash Alex.

!<blocparty>!
Apr 30th, 2004, 04:33 PM
no, Alex is neither rich nor famous. what she is is a wannabe. she is trying to do what Serena and Venus have been able to pull off -- use tennis as a means to other ends. but Alex just isn't smart enuf to pull it off.

What sort of things has she been trying to pull off? What other ends? Modelling? :confused: :confused:

sarza
Apr 30th, 2004, 04:33 PM
just a quick question why does it seem alot people dislike alex??????

- L i n a -
Apr 30th, 2004, 04:46 PM
What another reason is their for spendinf time focusing on people youdon't know and in spite of not knowing them, don't like? Obviously they won't ADMIT they're jealous, but it drips out of every word like bile.

If they weren't jealous, they'd have long ago moved on with their lives.
Because this is a tennis message board, and we give opinions on tennis players.

- L i n a -
Apr 30th, 2004, 04:47 PM
It's been discussed endlessly.

Unfortunately the search engine is not working so you'll have to figure it out by yourself.

Whatever reasons people find to bash her, she hasn't done or say anything wrong since a couple of year. Like I said before, bashing Stevenson is so 1999, people need to move on.
It doesn't help that Alex received quite a few undeserved WC's this year.

I know it's not her fault... but it certainly is reason for people to spew their venom.

- L i n a -
Apr 30th, 2004, 05:02 PM
She got WC's to Paris, Miami and Charleston... she was fortunate that her Scottsdale points stayed for Indian Wells.

From a tennis standpoint, the only one I can agree with a bit is Miami... because there wasn't many other options.

Philip
Apr 30th, 2004, 05:18 PM
Those are old pics from a fashion show that many others players participated in :rolleyes:
This is just another lame attempt to bash Alex.
yup you are correct.

:rolleyes:

Volcana
Apr 30th, 2004, 05:24 PM
Because this is a tennis message board, and we give opinions on tennis players.Exactly. And when people are jealous, they focus on people even when their tennis accomplishments long since ceased to have significant effect. It's jealousy, pure and simple. This is just an easy forum for it cause it's anonymous. They'll rant and rave that it's anything BUT jealousy. But the more they focus on Alex, the clearer it is that jealousy alone is what motivates them.

Just look at the incredibly long list of offensiive things she's done.

See?

REALLY long list. But there's nothing worse in life than someone you don't like getting things you want and can't have. So people bash her. It's all they have.

miranda_lou
Apr 30th, 2004, 05:29 PM
It's fairly obvious that these are very old pictures because Alex is, at this point, about 50 pounds heavier than in those pics.:lol:

Alex is neither rich nor famous (and not all that young in tennis years) but, that's no reason to continually bash her.:rolleyes: She's a rather pathetic creature, in my opinion. All that talent just wasted. It's a real shame and makes me very sad. I would have loved to see Alex become a top 10 player but I've accepted that she never will.:sad: At this point, I'm just hoping she has a happy life from here on out.:kiss: :hearts:

Martian Willow
Apr 30th, 2004, 05:48 PM
...people don't only bash celebrities, for want of a better word, because they're jealous...nobody wants to be Alexandra Stevenson...and, more to the point, if they were jealous of Alexs' microscopic acheivements, why aren't they jealous of everyone elses, including their faves...?...people bash the likes of Stevenson for the same reason people put down other races, sexes, or any other random group...they are attempting to lower somebody elses perceived value because it's the only way they have to raise their own... :)

DunkMachine
Apr 30th, 2004, 05:54 PM
Those pictures are as old as my grandpas nutsack

griffin
Apr 30th, 2004, 07:04 PM
Dunk, thank you for that image, and for saving me the trouble of eating lunch.

Alex has gotten a lot of public attention for relatively little in the way of results, and she comes across as spoiled and self-absorbed in most of the articles about her. People don't rag on her because they're jealous, they rag on her because they're annoyed by her.

It's over done, but it's not jealousy.

Paneru
Apr 30th, 2004, 07:13 PM
Dunk, thank you for that image, and for saving me the trouble of eating lunch.

Alex has gotten a lot of public attention for relatively little in the way of results, and she comes across as spoiled and self-absorbed in most of the articles about her. People don't rag on her because they're jealous, they rag on her because they're annoyed by her.

It's over done, but it's not jealousy.

Anna Kournikova? :cool:

sartrista7
Apr 30th, 2004, 07:15 PM
Griffin's right... it's not so much bashing Stevenson as laughing at her now, anyway.

A lot of people who voice anti-Stevenson views have seen her in person... and enough credible reports have commented on her unpleasant demeanour, childish tantrums and disrespect to fellow players to lead many to conclude that they don't want to support her.

Essentially, she comes across as a spoilt kid who thinks that the world owes her a living, and who doesn't want to work for success. We all know people like that in real life, and they are equally annoying.

sartrista7
Apr 30th, 2004, 07:16 PM
Anna Kournikova? :cool:

This is why people are annoyed by Kournikova as well... and I've probably seen more vicious things written about her, both here and in the mainstream media, than about Stevenson.

spiceboy
Apr 30th, 2004, 10:47 PM
Anyhow, I doubt Alex is trying to start a modelling career. She is probably trying to figure out how to win some challenger matches...one day at a time.
LOL of course she is not actually starting a career as a model :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Did you seriously thought about that possibility? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And yes, this pics are from 2002 ;)

vs1
Apr 30th, 2004, 10:50 PM
Well, you never know, right? I mean, everyone wants to be a model these days. So I wasn't sure if you were serious or not because the pictures did show her on a runway. And since she's not on the courts (is she?!?), people may think she's on the runway! :lol:

I didn't realise you were joking. :p

spiceboy
Apr 30th, 2004, 11:25 PM
I didn't realise you were joking. :p
;) :kiss:

Volcana
Apr 30th, 2004, 11:31 PM
...people don't only bash celebrities, for want of a better word, because they're jealous...nobody wants to be Alexandra Stevenson...and, more to the point, if they were jealous of Alexs' microscopic acheivements, why aren't they jealous of everyone elses, including their faves...?...people bash the likes of Stevenson for the same reason people put down other races, sexes, or any other random group...they are attempting to lower somebody elses perceived value because it's the only way they have to raise their own... :)
They don't bash her because they're jealous, they bash her because they themselves are small, pathetic people? Hmmm .... I have to admit, that fits the facts of the situation too. You could well be right. I guess maybe I've been giving them too much credit. Let me think about it for a while.

selesfan1
Apr 30th, 2004, 11:55 PM
These pics are either from Linz a couple of years back or from LA one year.

tennischick
May 1st, 2004, 01:11 AM
this thread is cracking me up. :D :)

so what big endorsements does Alex have that i missed? did Nike sign her to a 40 mil contract when i wasn't paying attention? :rolleyes:

and when exactly did she become famous? Anna Kournikova is famous. Serena is famous. Hingis was famous. Alexandra Stevenson is...not. that is not bashing -- it's called calling it like it is. Alex is neither rich nor famous. har father paying for her tennis lessons doesn't make her rich. and what kind of father pays for a child's tennis lessons but publicly denies her existence? gimme a break.

clearly we all have different definitions of what it means to be rich and famous. but we do seem to agree that she is relatively "young" -- not of course by model standards but that's a whole separate issue. and no amount of bashing me proves otherwise.

Ballbuster
May 1st, 2004, 02:04 AM
I concurr with Volcano.

Alex is bratty and does act spoiled and if this was the the 17th Century would probably command her servants to take the tennis balls and racquets from the courts and go home.

Because she carries herself like she's all that you cannot stand her. Besides, she's up there and you small minded people are down there. watching her every move.

You may think she's nothing, yet everytime she's mentioned (in the lime light) you get pissed. If you wasn't jealous, you wouldn't feel anything.

Ballbuster
May 1st, 2004, 02:05 AM
Even if I find the Stevenson bashing tiresome, I don't see any reason why people would be jealous of Stevenson.

How come no one is jealous of Sugiyama, Frazier, Farina Elia and co who are more successful than her?

Oh, and she's not famous or rich. :o

because they are not fierce black girls.

-Sonic-
May 1st, 2004, 03:45 AM
I still can't get her singing a song from Grease out of my head that I heard during an interview at W'don in 1999 for the BBC. She said then that she was going to become a famous actress after her tennis career, as she was just fucking amazing in this performance of Grease she did. She also said that she played with dolls until she was 15 or so and that her mother thought that it was brilliant that she did this.

I am SO FUCKING JEALOUS.

Black Mamba.
May 1st, 2004, 03:52 AM
I've heard some people say Alex is fat. Is it my eyes, but I just don't see it. I think she is thick, but thats a good thing. At least she doesn't lool like some of the players who look borderline Anorexic.

tennisluver99
May 1st, 2004, 05:32 AM
She's too ugly to be a model.

spiceboy
May 1st, 2004, 12:36 PM
I still can't get her singing a song from Grease out of my head that I heard during an interview at W'don in 1999 for the BBC. She said then that she was going to become a famous actress after her tennis career, as she was just fucking amazing in this performance of Grease she did. She also said that she played with dolls until she was 15 or so and that her mother thought that it was brilliant that she did this.

I am SO FUCKING JEALOUS.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :worship: :worship: :worship: