PDA

View Full Version : Did you take breaks from Wta World since you joined?

CanadianBoy21
Apr 30th, 2004, 12:44 AM
I did three times. Once about 2 month, once 3 month, and last year around 5 months.

Just wondering because I heard that this board is addictive and one can't stop posting.

I'm going to stop posting often from now on and will only post occassionally to see what's up with fellow posters, news on players, and the canadian posters.

I am getting busier, I want to learn the guitar, read more books, go on vacation, etc... So it's all good.

Since I started posting it's been fun, and this board really takes u away from reality ;)

Bye Bye guys.

(and this is not a pity thread :rolleyes: , but more of a way to come to terms what this board is).

BTW, I have philosophy exam tomorrow and I've been philosophizing, so that's why the 'weird' posts.

Later.

GBFH
Apr 30th, 2004, 12:46 AM
it's addictive. oh yes, yes it is.

i've taken several breaks. one for a year, another for two months, and a couple of mini-breaks (a few days, usually).

good luck on your exam.

BigB08822
Apr 30th, 2004, 01:20 AM
I cant take a break because when I am online I continually go back and forth between a few message boards. I realize that I am not addicted to the internet but to the message boards. Help me!

- L i n a -
Apr 30th, 2004, 01:32 AM
I left once for about 3 months, when the admins wanted me dead, and banned anything resembling Lina.

anabel
Apr 30th, 2004, 01:38 AM
Yes, once last year. I had become too bitchy here, so i stopped and camer back as an :angel:

Martian Willow
Apr 30th, 2004, 01:42 AM
I remember you stopped posting for a while after you reached 1000 posts. ;)

I'm always on the internet for school (computer sciences classes) or my "job", and I want/need to know the latest tennis news, so I'm always here, doing something else at the same time. I would stop posting here without any problem if I would find a better board, but there isn't, so I keep being here.

...that's my excuse too...I'm trying to get my head round html, so I have the browser open a lot anyway...I did take a five day break a couple of weeks ago too... :)

per4ever
Apr 30th, 2004, 08:14 AM
not really :o

esquímaux
Apr 30th, 2004, 08:29 AM
Never! :angel: Well, I did have an internship last year that kept me COMPLETELY AWAY from the computer last summer :help: It was fun to come back though :D

ps: Steer clear of 80+ hour a week jobs :tape: :eek:

"Sluggy"
Apr 30th, 2004, 08:50 AM
Board helps me get through work day when there is not too much to do. dont really use it much at home or on weekends. Its a great source of information.

-Ph51-
Apr 30th, 2004, 09:37 AM
No!Even away i check here :devil:

Cro-boy
Apr 30th, 2004, 09:41 AM
no

OUT!
Apr 30th, 2004, 03:03 PM
I hardly ever contributed to the board until Feb this year when I finally bought a PC. I remember the previous wtaworld with ppl like jo7, G-Ha, Melanie. They were great and I miss them. I had a different username then though, might revert back to it.

BK4ever
Apr 30th, 2004, 03:08 PM
Oh Gosh, I take breaks regularly, sometimes I'm just not in the mood...but I always come back because Tennis is my great love and there is no other place on the internet where I can chat with other obsessed fans on this level...:wavey:

Randy H
Apr 30th, 2004, 04:29 PM
Nope, and that includes since I became a Sanex board member back around April of 1999 - My posting has probably gone from various extremes, but I've never purposely gone without posting because I felt I was sick of it or anything. Usually if I didn't post for a while it was for circumstances beyond my control.

I enjoy the message board, and especially tennis. This board can be addictive, but at the end of the day if the comments people say get you down then it probably is best to get away from it all and come back not taking it too seriously. :)

*JR*
Apr 30th, 2004, 05:21 PM
Do mandated ones count? :devil:

katrientje
Apr 30th, 2004, 05:39 PM
I always check the board but there are times that I hardly post, just because I 'm not in the mood

Lynx
Apr 30th, 2004, 05:40 PM
Yes.

Longest was a 5 month break, starting October last year. I came back because of the AO :o.

Every time I've been away for a few days I'm sort of reluctant to get sucked in again :eek:. But when I'm in, I can't remember why I was feeling that way :scratch: :lol:.

Ting
Apr 30th, 2004, 05:41 PM
Last year during the autumn term...too much work to do. Don't want to take any breaks again;)

Mateo Mathieu
Apr 30th, 2004, 06:01 PM
I seriously need a break! :mad: Can anyone help me with that? :o

Richie77
Apr 30th, 2004, 06:54 PM
I haven't...although I'm considering taking a mini-break :scratch: There are a few things around the house that need to get done...such as CLEANING :tape: ;)

Tompier
Apr 30th, 2004, 07:10 PM
no
and that's the problem

Tompier
Apr 30th, 2004, 07:12 PM
I am going to take one

Jakeev
May 1st, 2004, 08:27 AM
I often take a break when the tennis season winds down, but not entirely. I might have an occasional post between Oct-Dec, but outside I rarely come on here that time of the year.

controlfreak
May 1st, 2004, 01:28 PM
I've been on a deliberate break since about October, when I started posting a lot of stupid stuff on here that I wasn't too proud of... but reading this thread has inspired me to return to WTAWorld activity!!

Actually I've been hanging around here for a while to keep up with tennis results, but once you've been off the board for a while, it's kind of hard to start posting again. You begin to wonder whether you've been away too long, whether anyone will remember you, and whether you'd be better off creating a new identity.

I don't know if I'll have the time to post as regularly as I used to, but I hope I do because I miss the interaction and sense of community which is not present in my real life. God that sounds sad.

See you on the boards (GM, NT, Current Tournaments, Fed Cup & Challengers).

Sammm
May 1st, 2004, 02:32 PM
I took a 6 week break for the last couple of summers :D I was having a life :D

crazillo
May 1st, 2004, 02:40 PM
I cant. Im addicted to certain persons here. And to the sport as well.....

I play PAW and have som other things I have to do...

charmedRic
May 1st, 2004, 03:09 PM
I stayed for a couple months after joining, then I took a leave of absence to focus on School & Key Club. Now that I have all this free time I seem to be enthralled in this board :)

Zamboni
May 1st, 2004, 04:40 PM
No. Don't need one either.
I don't post when I really have no time, or when I'm away, so I'm not that addicted ;)

dubro
May 1st, 2004, 04:45 PM
only during holydays.

...maybe im addicted...:help: