PDA

View Full Version : Retiring or retired from singles??

AUSBOY
Apr 21st, 2004, 03:27 PM
Bryanne Stewart?? - Could have easily gotten in Dothan Qualifying but didnt play them, only doubles at this challenger! She seems to be concentrating on doubles but I think it helps to play whatever singles u can as well.

Sarah Stone?? - Hardly plays singles anymore, she's injured but her doubles ranking has suffered since stopping singles.

Lisa McShea?? - Could have also played Dothan $75K Qualifying, not sure why she didn't. Did play the other week at the WTA, but her ranks really low now.

Gaby Baker?? - Playing College Tennis in the states? Doin an Ivanov perhaps?? Pity she didnt try another year full time at it, she made minor strides last year.

Rachel McQuillan?? - Down for World Team Tennis as always, appears to be making a last ditched effort at coming back, probably hopeful of some Aust Open wildcard in 2005. Looking at how bad the rankings are now for the Aussie girls she might be in with a chance!

Amanda Grahame?? - Furious at Tennis Australia for not giving her a wildcard for Canberra, publicly criticising them yet hasnt played since Aust Open!

Natasha Kersten?? - Injured?

Rebecca Turner?? - Has a wedding coming up but didnt play any of the Aussie Challengers/Satellites.

Also any news on Trudi Musgrave's knee?? Been a good 6 weeks and can't see her committed to anything. I'm suspecting a total knee reconstruction :sad: She's had a lot of leg/knee/hamstring problems the last 6 months. Her knee buckling under her is the final straw of all the niggling injuries she has had in the same leg. I really hope she is back for the French Open doubles or at least Surbiton but I suspect it will be more like the US Open!

ozfan44
Apr 21st, 2004, 03:38 PM
im gonna contact janet young from ta and aks for an aussie womens update stay tuned over next day or so for some shit answers she will give me

broncosven
Apr 21st, 2004, 09:50 PM
Hopefully Bryanne hasnt retired

it is weird that her and lisa play doubs and dont play singles when they have the chance to play them

racheal and trudi are both still injured i beleive

ozfan44
Apr 23rd, 2004, 05:06 AM
Righty-o i have spoken to Dr Janet Young and she gave me the following updates

She didnt even know that casey had withdrawn from Japan until this morning, casey is resting in perth and recovering from glandula fever, unsure of her next event.

Mcquillan is recuperating from Knee Surgery
Grahame is playing and attending University???
Kesten-Competiting? Id like to know where?
Stone-Out Injured
Cheung-Planning to go and play in USA shortly
Cupac-Training at AIS

Musgrave will be out for 6-9 Months recovering from her Knee operation, must have been a full reconstruction, would have hated to see her during the match when it happened?

Evie has been "sick" for the past 6 weeks and is now back in training?
Scheduled to play 25k at Bromma,Sweeden

Anyone want to know anything else??

broncosven
Apr 23rd, 2004, 10:43 AM
Thx Ozfan

good info

what bout Brianne and Cindy ??

actually from what i recall Brianne is playing in that UNI thin with Racheal

Sux for poor Trudi but good to here most of the other girls plans

AUSBOY
Apr 23rd, 2004, 11:54 AM
Thanks for the update on Trudi, has confirmed what I suspected. I hope its only 6 months!

I suspected Evie had been ill, I'm sure she has a bit of an eating disorder.

rusty_red_head
Apr 23rd, 2004, 12:32 PM
ozfan44 could you please find out about
Gabby and Szili??

ozfan44
Apr 24th, 2004, 04:10 AM
Baker is laying for Oaklahoma University in the states will get back to you about Adriana