PDA

View Full Version : Anyone attending the DFS Classic?

KoOlMaNsEaN
Apr 17th, 2004, 11:46 PM
If so we need a reporter at the birmingham tournament for our new site If so we need a reporter at fed cup matches for our new site http://www.inside-tennis.net (http://www.inside-tennis.net/). Please contact luke@inside-tennis.net (luke@inside-tennis.net)
for more information

TheBoiledEgg
Apr 18th, 2004, 09:45 AM
I'll be there for most of the week :cool:

Sammm
Apr 20th, 2004, 10:19 AM
Are you going to Eastbourne, Eggy?

TheBoiledEgg
Apr 20th, 2004, 11:19 AM
not to Eastbourne..... working that week

Sammm
Apr 20th, 2004, 12:32 PM
What about wimby?

bracey
Apr 21st, 2004, 11:51 PM
I'll be there but only for the earlier part of the week. It doesn't matter though, I know Luke very well now anyway!

paul_masterton
Apr 22nd, 2004, 07:25 PM
sorry mate, last year could of helped you, but not going this year due to money, uni and work

Nikola
Apr 23rd, 2004, 01:50 PM
I think Reiji will go :drool:

LiliaLee-Frazier
Apr 24th, 2004, 06:30 PM
I would love to go but it s too early to tell at this point :p

Dava
Apr 28th, 2004, 08:14 PM
I should be going :D

Pdm1987
Apr 28th, 2004, 08:30 PM
I will be going on the qualifying Saturday, the tuesday (hopefully) and on the semi-final saturday :D

sarza
Apr 29th, 2004, 05:16 PM
ill be there 7th 8th and 9th, booked me tickets and waiting for them to arrive :banana:

Bezz
May 2nd, 2004, 02:42 PM
I will be going, my first time at a tournament, i cant wait !!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

TheBoiledEgg
May 3rd, 2004, 11:58 AM
This is a PUBLIC WARNING :tape:

Watch out for a guy in the Orange Hat, with Mr Bean tendancies :lol: (looks, acts)
he's a nuisance, you'll know who if you were there last yr.

Dava
May 3rd, 2004, 01:51 PM

Watch out for a guy in the Orange Hat, with Mr Bean tendancies :lol: (looks, acts)
There was quite a few weirdoes if I remember last year. One guy seemed to want to take pohotos of players, and I remember after a doubles match Elena Dementieva and Manu Gagliadri purposly avoided coming up the hill to avoid passing this one guy.

There was this other posh bloke, who seemed to clap so load and fast like a maniac, he was there everyday I was there, and on the semi final day he sat behind me, and all he did was talk, and clap like a retard. He was practicallyt crying when Danilidou was losing.

JoeB_UK
May 3rd, 2004, 06:30 PM
haha i hate idiots like these people, it just winds me up""

Pdm1987
May 3rd, 2004, 09:08 PM

I remember seeing an Asian man pestering the woman outside the tournament office, and he was nagging for a photo of Jelena Dokic! He wouldn't take no for an answer! :tape:

paul_masterton
May 7th, 2004, 06:00 PM
omg dava i remember Mr Clappy. He was scary. And he ate so fast!!! he clapped evry loudly and stupidly quickly, like he was trying to do everything at super speed.

orange aht man was a fucking freak, everyone was trying to get away from him. Vento's husband at one point told him to shut up adnhe was like "calm down, clam down". He was odd!! He would jsut talk to people at random, who only wanted to watch the tennis in peace. I remember poor Razzano having to stand for liek 10mins while he tried to get his camera working, she actualyl ran away from him. Dechy and a couplefo th the other french girsl were in hysterics and virgine was trying to be really polite.

as sonya jeyasaleen said "why does this sport attract so many freaks". And it really does

Pdm1987
May 7th, 2004, 07:49 PM
I remember poor Razzano having to stand for liek 10mins while he tried to get his camera working, she actualyl ran away from him. Dechy and a couplefo th the other french girsl were in hysterics and virgine was trying to be really polite.

:lol: That was nice of Virginie ;)

I now remember who 'Mr Clappy' is! I remember my friend pointing him out, and we were in hysterics, and everytime 'his' favourite won a point (it was evident who was his favourite ;)) we used to look across to the other stand to see his reaction :o :lol:

Dava
May 7th, 2004, 11:12 PM
Yeah Mr Clappy is amusing from another stand just try sitting behind him. I hope they dont let him into the tournament this year I REALL DO!!!!

Nippon_UK
May 11th, 2004, 11:05 PM
I might go later on in the week. Is it far from Bham New Street Stn or the Uni?

Dava
May 12th, 2004, 12:10 AM
I might go later on in the week. Is it far from Bham New Street Stn or the Uni?
The best way is to either catch a bus into Edgebaston or walk down into Edgebaston from the Birmingham Five Ways station which is waht I did all last year.

!<blocparty>!
May 17th, 2004, 04:25 PM
I might go, on the Firday, but its during my exams, and mum probably wont let me!
But the tickets r so cheap though! And the field looks really strong!

TheBoiledEgg
May 17th, 2004, 05:00 PM
It takes me 15 mins from New St to walk there.
but then again no one else walks at my pace :p

or catch the buses 61, 62 or 63 along Bristol Road.

Dava
May 18th, 2004, 11:18 AM
It takes me 15 mins from New St to walk there.
but then again no one else walks at my pace :p

or catch the buses 61, 62 or 63 along Bristol Road.
:worship:

Boy, do you train with Paula Radcliffe, I could do it in 15 from Five Ways and I thought that was impressive

TheBoiledEgg
May 18th, 2004, 11:45 AM
only thing is if i walk at that pace i get there a bit sticky :o

Dava
May 18th, 2004, 11:02 PM
Well I would imagine youd get a little poofed out ;)

controlfreak
May 21st, 2004, 11:15 PM
I may go but I don't know if I can afford to. I should have chosen a more convenient place to live.