PDA

View Full Version : Admins!!!!

Cam'ron Giles
Apr 16th, 2004, 02:28 PM
What is the purpose of threads like "who is the ugliest girl"? You and I both know that once a poster is banned there are no controls in place to keep them from returning and when they do they are worst than ever...They flaunt the fact they are repeat offenders right in your faces and you guys seems to do nothing about it....As a reformed bad poster, I know that you guys can take steps to ensure that problems posters either clean up their act or say bye bye!!!! There are certain people here who have nothing to contribute to the board and do nothing but fan the flames of hatred that exist here...As a tennis fan, this board is an haven for those of us who are interested in the game and the players and so many newbies are dead set on ruining that...I have been here since the start and it is getting worst...HELP!!!!!!

space_eef03
Apr 16th, 2004, 02:35 PM
What is the purpose of threads like "who is the ugliest girl"? You and I both know that once a poster is banned there are no controls in place to keep them from returning and when they do they are worst than ever...They flaunt the fact they are repeat offenders right in your faces and you guys seems to do nothing about it....As a reformed bad poster, I know that you guys can take steps to ensure that problems posters either clean up their act or say bye bye!!!! There are certain people here who have nothing to contribute to the board and do nothing but fan the flames of hatred that exist here...As a tennis fan, this board is an haven for those of us who are interested in the game and the players and so many newbies are dead set on ruining that...I have been here since the start and it is getting worst...HELP!!!!!!
Well you've got a point. I'm pretty new here and I always try to be possitive but sometimes it just doesn't work out :sad:
But I'm not someone who tries to put hate in here. I just have my favours and the ones I'm not crazy about and for the rest I respect everyones opinion if it's pointed out in a nice way. :angel:

K-Dog
Apr 16th, 2004, 02:35 PM

I hear ya Cam'ron. I want to talk about tennis here, a sport that I love to watch and play. I sometimes cuss people out or degrade them if all they are trying to do is be stupid and cause problems for other people. I don't mind if someone is supporting their favorite, but I do care if someone is degrading someone else's favorite in a malice way. It is okay to have DISAGREEMENTS with other posters about a topic, but don't bring to to a level of hatred. I TOTALLY agree with you Cam'ron!!

Cam'ron Giles
Apr 16th, 2004, 02:36 PM
Well you've got a point. I'm pretty new here and I always try to be possitive but sometimes it just doesn't work out :sad:
But I'm not someone who tries to put hate in here. I just have my favours and the ones I'm not crazy about and for the rest I respect everyones opinion if it's pointed out in a nice way. :angel:
Dont get me wrong...Not all the new members are bad...Some are just :angel: ...Consider youself one :kiss: . Everyone is new at some point. :wavey:

K-Dog
Apr 16th, 2004, 02:38 PM

It is pretty hard sometimes to be positive on the board. People are down right mean sometimes, and it is very hard to be nice back. I wish all the posters here would have the same mentality as you space!!

Cam'ron Giles
Apr 16th, 2004, 02:40 PM
I hear ya Cam'ron. I want to talk about tennis here, a sport that I love to watch and play. I sometimes cuss people out or degrade them if all they are trying to do is be stupid and cause problems for other people. I don't mind if someone is supporting their favorite, but I do care if someone is degrading someone else's favorite in a malice way. It is okay to have DISAGREEMENTS with other posters about a topic, but don't bring to to a level of hatred. I TOTALLY agree with you Cam'ron!!We all come her to debate the issues...and disagreement is a part of the fun...Not everyone like the same players...How boring would it be if we did? I admit that I have posted in a negative way to retaliate for an insult to my faves (which is not right or fair to the OTHER fans of that player)....However, there are those who I dont think gives a shit about tennis or any one player...what they love is the bitch fight and that is just not right...:tape:

K-Dog
Apr 16th, 2004, 02:43 PM
Cam'ron, we seem to be on the same boat here. Now let's both try to be nice to the other posters, even if they want a bitch fight. The most irritaed thing for them is if we don't reply to them, or act nice back. You bring up a good point.

Cam'ron Giles
Apr 16th, 2004, 02:44 PM
Admins...Point proven!!!!!!!!!!!!

space_eef03
Apr 16th, 2004, 02:45 PM
Dont get me wrong...Not all the new members are bad...Some are just :angel: ...Consider youself one :kiss: . Everyone is new at some point. :wavey:
I know I got that, but I already got carried away with the hatersoap. Don't think they will be able to get to me again!! ;)
Thanx for considering me as an angel. :smooch:

K-Dog
Apr 16th, 2004, 02:46 PM
Admins...Point proven!!!!!!!!!!!!

People just have to shit over nice threads all time. It didn't take long for this topic to be proven correct!!!

- L i n a -
Apr 16th, 2004, 02:51 PM
I agree 100% with this...

I've never understood the admins' policy of NO SCORING THREADS in GM!, while there's sooo many posters on here that just post fighting crap when their favorites don't win.

If you want to avoid the petty fighting of GM... go to the players' forums. However, even when I mentioned that before to the Williams' fans (whose forums are rarely used), they gave me a hard time, and flamed me to no end.

space_eef03
Apr 16th, 2004, 02:57 PM
It is pretty hard sometimes to be positive on the board. People are down right mean sometimes, and it is very hard to be nice back. I wish all the posters here would have the same mentality as you space!!
Exactly, the trick is not to fall for it but to just ignore, witch is soooo hard sometimes and then no-one has been mean yet against my number one Maggie (doesn't mean they have to start now :mad: ).
By the way you have the good mentality too, maybe after all we can learn from eachother how to stay calm and nice. :smooch:

"Sluggy"
Apr 16th, 2004, 03:02 PM
Nice thread. At first (Im computer slow at times) i couldnt even figure out it was a MODERATOR when they posted in the thread. They should be respected - its a great site here and we should respect the rules. I think it would be nice to have no cursing either. there are plenty of better words like retard, demented, idiot, silly, even butthead - whey people have to cuss is beyond me. I agree too that people flaunt the fact that theyve been banned before. Its soooo stupid. Why cant people just have clean fun?

K-Dog
Apr 16th, 2004, 03:04 PM
Exactly, the trick is not to fall for it but to just ignore, witch is soooo hard sometimes and then no-one has been mean yet against my number one Maggie (doesn't mean they have to start now :mad: ).
By the way you have the good mentality too, maybe after all we can learn from eachother how to stay calm and nice. :smooch:

Why thank you space. That's nice to hear. You're pretty new here (by the number of posts I can see this), so you don't probably know that I can be pretty mean at times, and sometimes call people stupid, or call them an ass-hole and other explictives. I've tried to stop that and now defend my opinions in a calmer, more intelligent way of dealing with other people's points. I guess I've grown to tolerate the people who want to fight on this board better, and that takes time, believe me!!

Chunchun
Apr 16th, 2004, 03:06 PM
Good thread!

space_eef03
Apr 16th, 2004, 03:13 PM
Why thank you space. That's nice to hear. You're pretty new here (by the number of posts I can see this), so you don't probably know that I can be pretty mean at times, and sometimes call people stupid, or call them an ass-hole and other explictives. I've tried to stop that and now defend my opinions in a calmer, more intelligent way of dealing with other people's points. I guess I've grown to tolerate the people who want to fight on this board better, and that takes time, believe me!!
Yep I'm pretty new (March2004) but I already learned a lot!
I have been mean too, couldn't help it :o . Most of the time I'm a real :angel: but when they get to me I become demonic with words.
Anyways you're doing great now so keep up with it ;)

The Crow
Apr 16th, 2004, 03:26 PM
First of all that thread was deleted the moment a moderator (me in this case) saw it. We are not moderating this board every second of the day you know. Secondly, there is a nice little feature, "report bad posts". Good that other posters have reported the post in question, instead of starting threads about it (in the wrong forum I might add). And thirdly, before you want other people getting banned, I'd take a long hard look at my own history on this board first. If we would have taken your advice, you wouldn't be a poster here anymore (reformed or not).

Cam'ron Giles
Apr 16th, 2004, 03:35 PM
First of all that thread was deleted the moment a moderator (me in this case) saw it. We are not moderating this board every second of the day you know. Secondly, there is a nice little feature, "report bad posts". Good that other posters have reported the post in question, instead of starting threads about it (in the wrong forum I might add). And thirdly, before you want other people getting banned, I'd take a long hard look at my own history on this board first. If we would have taken your advice, you wouldn't be a poster here anymore (reformed or not).
I truely wish that you had not taken that tone with me...I was not calling you out...anyway whats the use if that how you are gonna react...thanks...:(

space_eef03
Apr 16th, 2004, 03:42 PM
So far for a good nice thread. Why is it being moved (I mean what's the point?).
Gonna check out your history once cam'ron giles, must be interesting. :lol:

The Crow
Apr 16th, 2004, 03:49 PM
I truely wish that you had not taken that tone with me...I was not calling you out...anyway whats the use if that how you are gonna react...thanks...:(
I really don't understand the purpose of this post and thread. We, admins and moderators, try to moderate this board as well as we can. You are a poster here long enough to know it is not an easy task. The thread you talked about in your original post was deleted the minute I saw it, so what did we do wrong?

And you say you are not calling us out? You post this thread in GM, so everyone can see it, instead of reporting the post or instead of E-mailing or pm-ing an admin if you have (more thorough) concerns about this board.

And okay, I admit I shouldn't have added the thing about your history (cause you are behaving yourself lately) and I apologise for that one.

I wanna continue this discussion in private, but I'm gonna close this thread now.