PDA

View Full Version : Mary to Play Fed Cup

pierce0415
Apr 14th, 2004, 06:24 PM
Mary Fans,

Mary is on the French Federation's team for their tie against Germany next week in Amiens ...

----------------------------------------

Surface: clay - indoors

France - Amelie Mauresmo, Nathalie Dechy, Mary Pierce, Emilie Loit; Captain: Guy Forget

Germany - Marlene Weingaertner, Anna-Lena Groenefeld, Julia Schruff, Barbara Rittner; Captain: Klaus Eberhard

----------------------------------------

With Amelie injured and questionable, I think it is safe to assume that Mary will play singles. Hopefully she will get some match practice ahead of Berlin and Rome.

:bounce: :bounce:

morbidangle
Apr 14th, 2004, 07:07 PM
I want Mary to play Warsaw instead of Fed Cup, but I think she enjoys playing Fed Cup and being with the French team, so I think she'll join the team.

Mark Spruce
Apr 14th, 2004, 07:21 PM
Hey this is great.

And making her happy playing Fed, hopefully it will rub off and make her feel better and happier. So it will bring her more confidence for her singles plays in the up-comming tournaments.

GREAT NEWS TO SEE MARY PLAYING FED AGAIN

Mark

Mark Spruce
Apr 14th, 2004, 07:24 PM
It will be harder with out Momo there.

But i know that Mary will play well for France !!!!!!!!

Great to see Dechy back again. I wonder who will replace Momo though if she does not play. I hope she will though.

Would love to see Mary play doubles.

Mark

Linnie
Apr 14th, 2004, 07:39 PM
Congrats to Mary for being on the team again! Happily, Amélie is neither injured nor questionable :) I hope all the girls get to play! :D

saby
Apr 14th, 2004, 08:53 PM
You forgot Tati, she should be the 5th player of the french team but Amelie, Mary and Nathalie are injured for now. It was on today french newspaper.

:angel: :angel: :angel:

Mark Spruce
Apr 15th, 2004, 01:47 AM
Hi Saby,

Great to see you back posting again.

Did the paper mention what sort of injury Mary did have ???

take care

Mark

Tompier
Apr 15th, 2004, 07:45 AM
I want Mary to play Warsaw instead of Fed Cup, but I think she enjoys playing Fed Cup and being with the French team, so I think she'll join the team.

I would love Her to play Warsaw as well :)

mamno_MARYFAN
Apr 15th, 2004, 09:06 AM
It will be great to have Mary playin Fed Cup....

Go MARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bounce:

Piotrek
Apr 15th, 2004, 11:05 AM
Miałem nadzieję, że Mary przyjedzie na turniej do Warszawy w tym roku, ale niestety... :sad: :sad: :sad:

saby
Apr 21st, 2004, 08:28 PM
I saw Mary on TV today, she was joking around with Tati, Nathalie and Emile in front of photographers.

I bet the picture will be nice, Emilie was leaning on Tati, Tati on Mary and Mary on Nathalie... all were smiling and you could feel the joy all around :wavey: :bounce:

Mark Spruce
Apr 22nd, 2004, 03:12 AM
Hello Saby,

Thanks for that so much !!!!!!!!!!! You are so luck to see Mary. I am so jelous of you.

take care

Mark

Tompier
Apr 22nd, 2004, 08:45 AM
Miałem nadzieję, że Mary przyjedzie na turniej do Warszawy w tym roku, ale niestety... :sad: :sad: :sad:

niestety :sad:

Tompier
Apr 22nd, 2004, 08:47 AM
I saw Mary on TV today, she was joking around with Tati, Nathalie and Emile in front of photographers.

I bet the picture will be nice, Emilie was leaning on Tati, Tati on Mary and Mary on Nathalie... all were smiling and you could feel the joy all around :wavey: :bounce:

I wish I Had seen that :)
thanks

mamno_MARYFAN
Apr 22nd, 2004, 01:15 PM

:angel: :angel: :angel:Love to see that pic too...:hearts:

Its nice to know that all the other French players are really nice towards Mary rite now...:angel:

Go Mary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bounce:

tarah
Apr 22nd, 2004, 08:25 PM
it's so nice, my both fav. plays fed cup :)
comme on mary!! comme on barbara :) :) :)

Vamos
Apr 23rd, 2004, 12:26 PM
France 0 0 Germany
R1 - N.DECHY (FRA) vs A.GROENEFELD (GER)
R2 - A.MAURESMO (FRA) vs B.RITTNER (GER)
R3 - A.MAURESMO (FRA) vs A.GROENEFELD (GER)
R4 - N.DECHY (FRA) vs B.RITTNER (GER)
R5 - E.LOIT / M.PIERCE (FRA) vs B.RITTNER / M.WEINGARTNER (GER)

Declan
Apr 23rd, 2004, 12:59 PM
Hmmm.. I'd rather Mary was playing singles.

Tompier
Apr 23rd, 2004, 02:19 PM
:eek: that's a surprise for me
What can I say ........ Go Girls
but still strange choice :scratch:

Mark Spruce
Apr 23rd, 2004, 02:59 PM
Yes a strange choice. But maybe things will change it all depends on how the matches go.

Well I will be madly cheering on France. I support them in tennis now.

Yes I am so glad that now Mary is accepted into the French Team.

Maybe if France are up 3-0 or have won and there is still a singles game left they will let Mary have a singles match.

But don't you think it is great just to see Mary playing FED again.

regards

Mark

VIVA LA FRANCE !!!!!!!!!!

morbidangle
Apr 23rd, 2004, 06:42 PM
I really didn't expect to see Mary playing singles, since she is ranked below Dechy and Loit. But its great that Mary is still going to play doubles.
GOO FRANCE!

*Marat BigFan*
Apr 23rd, 2004, 06:46 PM
Mary pics Fed Cup2004

http://www.fedcup.com/shared/medialibrary/image/gallery/FC_1038_gallery.JPG

http://www.fedcup.com/shared/medialibrary/image/gallery/FC_1041_gallery.JPG

sebbe
Apr 23rd, 2004, 07:31 PM
hey guys...

don't you think that Mary looks much more athletic then
the other girls in the team??

Tompier
Apr 23rd, 2004, 07:57 PM
Mary and Tatiana look :hearts:

Piotrek
Apr 24th, 2004, 11:01 AM
:hearts: Amelie Mauresmo, Nathalie Dechy, Mary Pierce, Emilie Loit :hearts:

COME ON GIRLS !!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Declan
Apr 25th, 2004, 04:17 PM
I'm disappointed that Mary didn't play even in doubles; does anyone know why?

Scotso
Apr 26th, 2004, 04:30 AM
It seems that they want to give Dechy/Mauresmo a bit of time together... probably they are going to be the French doubles team at the Olympics.

Mark Spruce
Apr 26th, 2004, 03:52 PM
Dr. Scotso--Thank you very much for that point.

I do so hope that Mary will play for France in the Olympics.

regards

mark

mauresmofan
Apr 26th, 2004, 07:45 PM
Maybe Maam had some doubts about playing and didn't feel it would matter this time if she gave it a miss.

saby
Apr 27th, 2004, 02:05 PM
I think Guy had chosen Nathalie and Emilie because they played very good in april, they were both in better shape than Mary and he's probably preparing the olympics games too.

I hope in july Mary will play against Italy, it mean that Mary has to improve her ranking by playing a very good tennis, I'm sure she can do it...

Now let's take the road to Roland Garros

Mark Spruce
Apr 28th, 2004, 03:14 PM
Hello Saby,

Thank you so much for the explanation. And I am sure that it will be no problems from France against Italy.

I am sure that Mary can get her ranking up so she can play singles in that tie.

I do so hope with all my heart that Mary will play in Athens !!!!! Do you think she will play ???

take care and GO MARY FOR RG !!!!!!!!!!!!!

regards

Mark