PDA

View Full Version : Charleston Results

switz
Apr 14th, 2004, 03:25 AM
Round 1

Patty Schnyder (11) def Marlene Weingartner 7-5, 7-6(2)

Round 2

Patty Schnyder (11) def Amy Frazier 6-4, 4-6, 6-3

Round 3

Patty Schnyder (11) def Elena Dementieva (6) 6-3, 6-1

Quarter-Final

Patty Schnyder (11) def Lindsay Davenport (4) 6-3, 6-2

Semi-Final

Patty Schnyder (11) vs Conchita Martinez (16)

Round 1 Doubles

Schnyder/Pratt (8) def Jidkova/Panova 6-1, 6-4

Round 2 Doubles

Schnyder/Pratt (8) def Asagoe/Washington 7-6(3), 6-3

Doubles Q/Final

Schnyder/Pratt (8) def Morariu/Huber 6-3, 6-4

Doubles Semi-Final

Schnyder/Pratt (8) vs Navratilova/Raymond (2)

Purple_Llama
Apr 14th, 2004, 01:48 PM
Congrats to Patty in both the singles & doubles! :) Let's hope she can go as well against Amy.Good Luck :worship:

casanovalover
Apr 15th, 2004, 03:56 AM
patty is good

Rothes
Apr 16th, 2004, 04:36 AM
Yay, Go Patty!!!

switz
Apr 16th, 2004, 05:44 AM
it's great to see patty playing so well and having consistantly strong results. this year she has GS semi, a tier 1 quarter (possibly better), another quarter where she retired after leading farina-elia, a third round, and only two first round losses and both where 3 set losses to safina (eventual semi-finalist) and coetzer (where she clearly had movement problems due to her ankle sprain from the gold coast). this year has been the best of her career so far in my opinion in terms of consistantly bringing a game that can compete. i still think there is a lot of room for improvement as well.

please JR resist the temptation to analyse this.

Happy Guy
Apr 17th, 2004, 01:38 AM
So surprised that no one has posted Patty's win over Lindsay yet!

6-3 6-2, convincing :)

Rothes
Apr 17th, 2004, 04:55 AM
please JR resist the temptation to analyse this.
Lo-rd help us if he does,

Theres really no need to analyse, You have analysed it well and it all seems quite correct.

Purple_Llama
Apr 17th, 2004, 01:44 PM
Wow,Patty seems to be on fire at the moment.It's great to see her doing so well in the doubles too,perhaps she has found her doubles soul-mate in Nicole ;) Good Luck in the next round Patty-you can do it :D

Rothes
Apr 18th, 2004, 04:26 AM
It seems when she pairs with Barbera for Doubles (Which is quite often) They are often a streaky combination

Derek.
Apr 19th, 2004, 02:06 AM
Patty lost to Martinez 4-6 3-6. Patty wasn't very nice in that match and neither was Conchita. Patty got annoyed with Conchita wanting the same ball if she wins with that ball. When Conchita asked for the ball back Patty took the ball and put it in her skirt so Conchita couldn't get it. :p Then Patty didn't shake hands with Conchita. They called each other bad names afterwards.

Rothes
Apr 19th, 2004, 05:21 AM
Oh well, such is a Tennis Life, and I don't see what people have a feud with Patty Taking a Ball from Conchita, it's a superstition and in any law book of Professional Tennis I do not see a law explaining the laws of Superstitious behaviour on a tennis couirt, what Patty did is perfectly legal

*JR*
Apr 22nd, 2004, 06:46 PM
This may Surprise Some of you, but I basically Take The Peppermint Position on the FCC Fiasco. Sure players use various Time Tricks, but I hear that Conchi Conciously ignored the 25 second Rule Repeatedly. (Rules are Rules, Rainer says). :p So I hope there's Pure Peppermint Payback in the Fed Cup singles.

Rothes
Apr 23rd, 2004, 03:33 AM
The Umpire would of suggested a warning to Conchita if she went over the time limit of going through with Service Action, she must be dangerously close to that time limit.

Rothes
Apr 23rd, 2004, 03:34 AM
Maybe Patty should mimick Conchita's actions and pretend to be superstitious and take long to serve ;) Im am for ever so sure that would be halarious to see ;)

*JR*
Apr 23rd, 2004, 03:23 PM
Funny Rothes, I'm more Pro Patty re. the "Service Scandal" than UR! :p (OMG, Iris might even Say Something nice about you). :eek: BTW, She's "So-So" About Alex, And Vindicates Vogus. ;) Meanwhile, who's this 15 y.o. "new Martina" on the Fed Cup squad?
:confused:

Rothes
Apr 24th, 2004, 05:17 AM
Martina Lautenshlauger, I don't know much about her, Iris saying something harsh about me? uhhhh I don't even think she knows me......

vogus
Apr 24th, 2004, 02:26 PM
LOL at the idea of Patty playing slowly like Martinez - can't even imagine it, Patty always goes so fast between the points, she never stops, no deliberation at all...

Whatzup JR, haven't seen you in a while.

*JR*
Apr 24th, 2004, 05:34 PM
LOL at the idea of Patty playing slowly like Martinez - can't even imagine it, Patty always goes so fast between the points, she never stops, no deliberation at all...

Whatzup JR, haven't seen you in a while.
Gotta visit that non-cyber world now and then. ;) BTW, Iris loved that story you posted on Peppermint-Player.com about Charlotte.

Rothes, Relax, Iris KNOWS you don't just parrot Blick. But imagine How Hard It Is for one who never wanted recognition to get flamed B4 a TV audience of 400,000 etc. (PP is a lapsed Catholic, you gotta save her mortal soul). :p

Rothes
Apr 24th, 2004, 11:31 PM
;) riight..ok :)

*JR*
May 4th, 2004, 01:15 AM
From Wertheim's column today re. the almost-handshake:

With regard to Patty Schnyder, our friend Chloe Matus of Basel writes: "Psych is psycho in Swiss-German, pronounced 'psoo-cho' with that horrid scratching 'ch' at the back of your throat like you're about to spit." :lol: