PDA

View Full Version : mary is out!!!!

amnesiac
Apr 13th, 2004, 07:50 PM
what the fuck was she doing???
she lost against such a player??!!
i love mary but i think if she plays in the next event the same way she will not be seeded in roland g.
im rally shocked right now.

Mark Spruce
Apr 13th, 2004, 07:54 PM
Please mind the bad language

take care

Mark

amnesiac
Apr 13th, 2004, 08:03 PM
sorry mark
but what do you think about this loosing?
since 1992 i am a verry big mary fan but i am realistic.
at 2:4 in the first set with this statistik i was thinking she will not win this match.
i think she has to play more smaller events to get more matches. in the big events she plays in the secont round a top ten player. thats bad!
i was really shocked about this loss.
best wishes

sebbe
Apr 13th, 2004, 08:20 PM
I agree with you....
I just sat here and was laughing, I was in a total
SHOCK....that's the word I can discribe it with.

And as you said amnesiac, she should play some
smaller tournaments like Estoril this week.
What I don't understand is the rollecoaster in
these 2 months. She did reach the final in Paris
with her old game as she used to play and I was
very hopeful after her win over Meg last week.
But now I don't understand anything. She can not
blame it on that she is tired or anything. It has be that she
has played so few matches.
Mary and Iva could start a team, the rollercoasterteam..(ironic of course)
but it starts to feel a little the same....

Though I really hope mary will find her spirit out there....

Declan
Apr 13th, 2004, 08:25 PM
God, that's a stunner. That ranks alongside Liliah Osterloh, Radka Bobkova and Germana di Natale as one of Mary's worst losses ever. What happened? Surely something is wrong....

amnesiac
Apr 13th, 2004, 08:25 PM
hi sebbe
you know what i mean.
but i don`t think she will play smaller events.
i am painting nothing black, but she has to play her best tennis if she will be seeded in roland g.
and she will play just rome and berlin.

saby
Apr 13th, 2004, 08:28 PM
Too bad for Mary but it's like this, did somebody watch the match, what was the problem? Did Mary play bad or Akiko play very good?

:angel: :angel: :angel:

LafandeMary
Apr 13th, 2004, 08:28 PM
Hi everybody, I'm a new Mary's fan here! Et salut Wizzy ;)
I would have prefer tocome with a great victory of Mary, but that's life :(
Don't you think that Mary could have been injured during this match?
I mean, the statistics are really strange!

I hope you understood everything, I don't speak english really well :rolleyes:

I love you Mary :hearts:

Justine

Tompier
Apr 13th, 2004, 08:29 PM
I have just open this site and all i can say...nevermind :rolleyes:

MissTennisFan
Apr 13th, 2004, 08:54 PM
OK guys, please take it easy on Mary... someone mentioned Germana Di Natale, who beat Mary in May 2000... right before Mary won the French; remember? I don't think this is anything we necessarily have to worry about... in fact I know Mary has played some great tennis when people least expected it in the past, and I feel she can still do that. So let's not be overcritical and let's give Mary the time she needs to climb back to the top.

:bounce: Go Mary! :bounce:

Declan
Apr 13th, 2004, 08:59 PM
Of course you're right, MissTennisFan - it's just the shock, and wanting Mary to win so much! I'm always saying that it's the unpredictable side of Mary that is one of her most appealing character traits, and I stand by that...but I AM very disappointed.

MissTennisFan
Apr 13th, 2004, 09:21 PM
Yeah, I understand how you feel, Declan :wavey:

sebbe
Apr 13th, 2004, 09:23 PM
hi sebbe
you know what i mean.
but i don`t think she will play smaller events.
i am painting nothing black, but she has to play her best tennis if she will be seeded in roland g.
and she will play just rome and berlin.

I know what you mean.
But I true believe that she should play smaller tournaments.
She really needs more matches and as you say, she is just
playing Berlin and Rome, she will get tough draws there too.

sebbe
Apr 13th, 2004, 09:28 PM
OK guys, please take it easy on Mary... someone mentioned Germana Di Natale, who beat Mary in May 2000... right before Mary won the French; remember? I don't think this is anything we necessarily have to worry about... in fact I know Mary has played some great tennis when people least expected it in the past, and I feel she can still do that. So let's not be overcritical and let's give Mary the time she needs to climb back to the top.

:bounce: Go Mary! :bounce:

Is she really coming back to the top??
I don't think so, she can mabye keep her ranking but top 20
is for me impossible. One thing I still wondering is, she says she takes some
time off and work on things but I never see and progress these days.
Anyone who can explain that to me.

Declan
Apr 13th, 2004, 10:10 PM
Is she really coming back to the top??
I don't think so, she can mabye keep her ranking but top 20
is for me impossible. One thing I still wondering is, she says she takes some
time off and work on things but I never see and progress these days.
Anyone who can explain that to me.

Not really true for me: we saw ample progress at Filderstadt and the Fed Cup finals at the end of last year, and again in Paris in February. But Mary has held back from playing a full itinerary for years, (perhaps due to fear of injury?) and I think this has prevented her from getting on a roll and building the momentum needed to climb that notch higher. She has played far fewer tournaments than most of the other players in the Top 100 (with the obvious exceptions of the Williams sisters and a few age-restricted players) and for me THAT is one of her handicaps right now. And the few-tournaments entered and consequent lack of matches has the unfortunate effect of preventing Mary building enough points to gain a sufficiently high ranking to start being seeded in all her tournaments with the obvious benefits this would bring her draws.

sebbe
Apr 13th, 2004, 10:17 PM
Not really true for me: we saw ample progress at Filderstadt and the Fed Cup finals at the end of last year, and again in Paris in February. But Mary has held back from playing a full itinerary for years, (perhaps due to fear of injury?) and I think this has prevented her from getting on a roll and building the momentum needed to climb that notch higher. She has played far fewer tournaments than most of the other players in the Top 100 (with the obvious exceptions of the Williams sisters and a few age-restricted players) and for me THAT is one of her handicaps right now.

yes but that's what I meant, it's a good results in every 5:th or 6:th
tournament and that mary is a real rollercoaster-player. And if you ask me
she wants to find a better levelness and the best way to do that is to play more matches and mabye get a good reslut in maby every third or something like that. What I'm trying to say is that I don't understand the way she is planing this season....But I feel like it will be a very difficult thing for Mary to do, to reach the top 20 players.

Mark Spruce
Apr 14th, 2004, 01:39 AM
amnesiac --- Hey thank is OK.

I think that Mary should play some smaller tournaments. I mean to hopefully get more wins under her belt. And this way bring up the rankings. I think that if you play like she is now all the bigs ones. Mary might keep getting this horrible draws.

But I will stop here, and want to wish Mary all of the best. Mary please be OK :wavey: :wavey: Don't give up we are all behind you :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: .

take care

Mark

Scotso
Apr 14th, 2004, 01:59 AM
I'm shocked too. Moreso because Mary was supposed to have been training so hard in the past few weeks... that's why she skipped Indian Wells and Miami!

I'm pretty disappointed, but of course I will still support Mary.

Berlin_Calling
Apr 14th, 2004, 02:34 AM
im so sry guys but i am just SO dissapointed with this loss. I mean I dunno how Mary can lose Akiko Morigami on clay of all surfaces. Even if Akiko was playing great and Mary badly, Mary should have won this still. I dont want to be hard on Mary tho so I just hope this is one of her few bad losses that she has had. Hopefully she can rebound in her next tournament!

ashwu
Apr 14th, 2004, 03:19 AM
oh well... asian player is really hard to beat for mary. they don't give up easy. but 62 63 is a really bad score :(

Mark Spruce
Apr 14th, 2004, 04:59 AM
That is true I think that maybe Mary just does have bad luck like against asian players. Like she had bad luck against Martina Hingis. Until RG 2000 !!!!!!!!!

Mary will bounce back !!!!!!!!!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

regards

Mark

p.s Mary :worship: :worship: :) :)

morbidangle
Apr 14th, 2004, 07:47 AM
I hope Mary will play Warsaw, or Bol now that she is out so early. I had such high hopes for the clay season! She better get going, otherwise she wont be seeded at FO and Wimbledon!

C'mon MARY!! :bounce:

mamno_MARYFAN
Apr 14th, 2004, 08:25 AM
Oh well...what can I say....she shouldn't lose this bad against Morigami...:sad:

I hate to be so pessimistic about Mary....but I have to agree with u guys...this slump has been going on far too long for Mary ....:sad:

The only thing that I can think of that can help Mary is MORE MATCH PRACTICE......more than anything....that alone can help Mary be more MATCH FIT.....:bounce:

Good luck to Mary in her future tournaments....:bounce:

Go Mary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bounce:

Mark Spruce
Apr 14th, 2004, 11:27 AM
Yes more match pratice I think and not so long breaks all the time.

But praing and sending lots of positive thought Marys way !!!!!!!!!!

regards

Mark

Declan
Apr 14th, 2004, 11:38 AM
Has anyone heard anything about this match? How did Mary play? Was anything the matter? Was there a post-match interview at all?

mamno_MARYFAN
Apr 14th, 2004, 12:22 PM
Yes...love to hear some reports about the match....Mary must be totally out of sorts to lose the match this bad....:sad:

Never mind...its not the end of the world...plenty more tournaments to go before French open 2004!!!!!:bounce:

Go Mary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bounce:

Mark Spruce
Apr 14th, 2004, 01:12 PM
It is not a good site for trying to get stuff, like interviews or photos etc..

Yes plenty more tournaments !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

regards

Mark

NicoMary
Apr 14th, 2004, 02:57 PM
I just read on the french magazin l'équipe that Mary was just bad yesterday, she wasn't running on th ecourt, she had severals pains, and wasn't feeling good at all:sad: , now we just have to hope that she will play some more tournaments;)

Berlin_Calling
Apr 14th, 2004, 03:30 PM
:(. Maybe she should play some doubles for match practice? Remember she played doubles last year in S'Hertogenbosch with Petrova I think it was? I think that helped Mary get all the way to the round of 16 at Wimbledon. :)

Declan
Apr 14th, 2004, 07:22 PM
Isn't it aggravating how often a draw opens up AFTER Mary's lost, thereby not giving her the chance to excel? Like here: Morigami took Petrova to 7-6 final set today, proving my suspicion that the Russian would be vulnerable here - surely an on-form Mary would have won? And now I see Mary's nemesis Suarez has gone too, losing to Jidkova - and I'm almost positive Mary would not lose to her in the third round!!! (Still, I HAD thought that about Morigami too!!!)

Mark Spruce
Apr 14th, 2004, 07:28 PM
I just read on the french magazin l'équipe that Mary was just bad yesterday, she wasn't running on th ecourt, she had severals pains, and wasn't feeling good at all:sad: , now we just have to hope that she will play some more tournaments;)
Thanks for this bit of news.

Mark

saby
Apr 14th, 2004, 07:46 PM
Like Nicolas said Mary was injured during her match. (back, left ankle and calf)
She hit her calf at the begining of the match, usually she hits her foot but she missed it that time :o

mamno_MARYFAN
Apr 15th, 2004, 08:20 AM
Emm sorry I don't understand....emm hit her calf???? Is her calf injured or what???:o

saby
Apr 15th, 2004, 03:24 PM
Emm sorry I don't understand....emm hit her calf???? Is her calf injured or what???:o
Yes it is, you know that mary hits her foot when she's not happy with her game but this time she hit her calf (a little goofy;) ), newspapers said she was injured but I think it's probably a big bruise...

Sorry if I didn't write it well, I hope you understand me now

Mark Spruce
Apr 15th, 2004, 07:18 PM
Oh oopss Mary :sad: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh I have done the same thing, and wow it can hurt allot.

I hope that she will be OK for FED CUP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again Saby for the news.

Mark

mamno_MARYFAN
Apr 18th, 2004, 12:40 PM
Yes it is, you know that mary hits her foot when she's not happy with her game but this time she hit her calf (a little goofy;) ), newspapers said she was injured but I think it's probably a big bruise...

Sorry if I didn't write it well, I hope you understand me now

:angel: :angel: :angel:Heheheheh....I do, I do...;)

And i just love that gesture....hitting her foot when she's frustrated...there's just something so classy to do that when ur frustrated instead of swearing and destroying ur racquet like some of the other players did on the tour....

Gosh I love Mary...I just love to see her in her matches.....:hearts:

Thanks Saby!!!!!!!!

Mark Spruce
Apr 19th, 2004, 03:27 AM
mamno_MARYFAN --Well said I am completely the same, I just love to see Mary so much. I do not get to see her that often which is a shame. But when ever I do get to see her it is a huge bonus.

Yes Mary has so much class !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

take care

mark

mamno_MARYFAN
Apr 19th, 2004, 10:37 AM
Hi Mark!!!!!:wavey:

Its nice to know a Mary fan like you....emm...at least u are luckier than me coz u've seen Mary before and I haven't got the chance yet....;)

And I just love ur Mary website...so cool!!!!!:hearts:

regards,

mamno

Mark Spruce
Apr 19th, 2004, 06:18 PM
mamno,

Well I have never seen Mary play live which I really sad :sad:

I am so glad that you like my site !!!!!!!!:dance:

regards

Mark

mamno_MARYFAN
Apr 20th, 2004, 09:02 AM
Hi Mark... :wavey:

Oh well...perhaps one day u will get an oppurtunity to go to one of Mary's tournaments and watch Mary play!!!!!! :angel:

If u do...please cheer Mary for me as well!!!! ;)

I heard some fans saying that Mary's such a nice person...she will give u her autograph no matter where u are when u meet her....sure hope one day I'm able to get her autograph too!!!! :hearts:

Mary's just the best ain't she Mark!!!! :angel:

Go Mary!!!!!!!!!!! :bounce:

Mark Spruce
Apr 20th, 2004, 12:16 PM
mamno,

you are so right again. Well Mary even signs autographs when she looses. I can remember at the Australian Open, she lost and she was signing away with such a smile. You hardy see any other play sign when they have just lost. MARY= PURE CLASS

If i do get to see Mary I will for sure to cheer for her on behalf of you and me :wavey:

I have heard from "some" people that Mary is just great towards her fan.

take care

Mark

p.s YES MARY IS JUST DA BEST !!!!!!!!!!

MissTennisFan
Apr 20th, 2004, 04:45 PM
Hey some players won't even sign autographs when they win, let alone when they lose!!! I think that speaks volumes about just how nice a person Mary is.

Mark Spruce
Apr 20th, 2004, 06:30 PM
Hello MissTennisFan,

I will give you example. I was at Wimbledon 1999. And I was on the front row on centre court. Just were the plays come out. I was watching Tim Henmans match in the first round. And it went to 5 sets he won. He walked off and did not wave or anything like that. And the crowd gave him so much encouragment.

MARY IS JUST THE QUEEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!

regards

Mark

mamno_MARYFAN
Apr 21st, 2004, 09:38 AM
Well said Mark.... ;)

I think this really shows how sensitive Mary is to her fans...when she wins, she shares her victory with her fans and acknowledge them for their support...and when she loses, she still smiles for them.... :hearts:

That's why being a Mary's fan and cheering for her brings so much joy to me....Mary is closest to my heart than any other tennis player that ever was.... :hearts:

Yes Mark...I totally agree with you, MARY PIERCE = PURE CLASS!!! :bounce:

Go MARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bounce:

Mark Spruce
Apr 22nd, 2004, 03:56 AM
Hello Mamno,

Yes I am so the same as you. Mary is so close to my heart. I care for her so much as a fan.

I just hope on hope that on day I will see Mary and get the chance to say a few words to her.

take care

regards

Mark

humanity
Apr 22nd, 2004, 08:36 AM
Hello Mamno,

Yes I am so the same as you. Mary is so close to my heart. I care for her so much as a fan.

I just hope on hope that on day I will see Mary and get the chance to say a few words to her.

take care

regards

Mark

Dear Friends,

Could you please continue this discussion in another thread? Because it is really a pitty that when we check wtaworld there is always this sad title "mary is out!" as the first topic. Do you agree? Creat a new thread like "Mary toward her fans" or something like that.

Cheers,

p

Tompier
Apr 22nd, 2004, 08:40 AM
Hello MissTennisFan,

I will give you example. I was at Wimbledon 1999. And I was on the front row on centre court. Just were the plays come out. I was watching Tim Henmans match in the first round. And it went to 5 sets he won. He walked off and did not wave or anything like that. And the crowd gave him so much encouragment.

MARY IS JUST THE QUEEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!

regards

Mark

That's all tim henman :rolleyes: I have never liked him
:worship: :worship: :worship: MAry is just QUEEN :worship: :worship: :worship:

Tompier
Apr 22nd, 2004, 08:41 AM
Dear Friends,

Could you please continue this discussion in another thread? Because it is really a pitty that when we check wtaworld there is always this sad title "mary is out!" as the first topic. Do you agree? Creat a new thread like "Mary toward her fans" or something like that.

Cheers,

p

I was thinking the same :)
:wavey: