PDA

View Full Version : Fed Cup 2004 Thread: GO GIRLS!!!

calirocks
Apr 5th, 2004, 09:07 PM
The official BG team nominations for Europe/Africa Group I Event which begins in Athens on Apr. 19 have been announced:

Sesil Karatancheva
Tzvetana Pironkova
Maria Penkova
Fani Chifchieva
Captain: Mr Ogniyn Katzarov

Interesting that Magie is not playing. Anyway, with Sesil and Tzveti BG's chances are not bad. Hopefull the youngsters can put it together and make a run. Good luck, girls !!!

calirocks
Apr 5th, 2004, 09:09 PM
The official BG team nominations for Europe/Africa Group I Event which begins in Athens on Apr. 19 have been announced:

Sesil Karatancheva
Tzvetana Pironkova
Maria Penkova
Fani Chifchieva
Captain: Mr Ogniyn Katzarov

Interesting that Magie is not playing. Anyway, with Sesil and Tzveti BG's chances are not bad. Hopefull the youngsters can put it together and make a run. Good luck, girls !!!

Just to add. The other 13 nations in the tournament are:
Belarus, Denmark, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Israel, Lithuania, Netherlands, Poland, Serbia & Montenegro, South Africa, Sweden, Ukraine.

ghosts
Apr 6th, 2004, 04:40 AM
Good luck to our girls... http://www.wtaworld.com/images/flags/Bulgaria.gif
I think if we have a little but luck we can go to the Play-Offs ;)
I just hope Sesil can win all her singles matches... but the problem I think will be the doubles where probably Sesil/Maria will play...

crazillo
Apr 6th, 2004, 09:44 AM
Itīs a shame Geznenge or another good doubles player isnīt there. Perhaps Maggie will play the Playoff??

ghosts
Apr 13th, 2004, 06:49 PM
I think it's time for our young girls to show what they are made of... I'm eager to see what will happen in this edition of the Fed Cup! We shall keep fingers crossed for nice draw and some great wins over top players :worship: :drool:

Our team:
Sesil Karatancheva
Tzvetana Pironkova
Maria Penkova
Fani Chifchieva
Captain: Mr Ognian Katzarov

:bounce: :banana: :hatoff: :drive:

space_eef03
Apr 13th, 2004, 07:15 PM
I'm a bit sad Maggie isn't playing it, but what the heck

GO
BULGARIA
!!!!!!
Good luck :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
:wavey:

Hantuchov
Apr 14th, 2004, 03:51 AM
Gooooooo gals! :bounce:

Hantuchov
Apr 14th, 2004, 03:51 AM
I think it's time for our young girls to show what they are made of... I'm eager to see what will happen in this edition of the Fed Cup! We shall keep fingers crossed for nice draw and some great wins over top players :worship: :drool:

Our team:
Sesil Karatancheva
Tzvetana Pironkova
Maria Penkova
Fani Chifchieva
Captain: Alexander Chartazanov :eek: :eek:

:bounce: :banana: :hatoff: :drive:

:lol:

ghosts
Apr 14th, 2004, 09:08 AM
:lol:
yeah, one day ;) :D

ghosts
Apr 18th, 2004, 08:14 PM
Fed Cup 2004:

Group A: Serbia, Sweden and Lithuania
Group B: Israel, Netherlands, South Africa and Ukraine
Group C: Hungary, Belarus and Denmark
Group D: Estonia, Bulgaria, Poland and Greece

yay! :bounce: Bulgaria has a real chance to promote to the playoffs for the World Group... everything depends on Sesil and her wins ;) :D

Good luck Bulgaria http://euro2004.bg/photos/flags/bulgaria.gif :hearts:

Tzvetana :kiss: :yeah: :inlove: :woohoo: :banana:
Sesil :bounce: :hearts: :D
Maria :D :lick: :kiss:
Fani :D ;) :kiss:

ghosts
Apr 19th, 2004, 04:13 PM
hm we lost to the top-seeded team of Estonia :sad:

but we still have chances I think :D
On Wednesday we play vs Greece ;)
Good luck :p :D

Hantuchov
Apr 19th, 2004, 08:09 PM
C'moooooooonnnn gals! :hearts:

It's still to early to give up. You gals have good chances against Greece tomorrow, just go there and do it!

I believe in you all! :bounce:

calirocks
Apr 19th, 2004, 09:40 PM
hm we lost to the top-seeded team of Estonia :sad:

but we still have chances I think :D
On Wednesday we play vs Greece ;)
Good luck :p :D

Even though they lost today, I still think it was well done. Sesil got a very good win against a top 150 player. Tzveti got to 3 sets with a similarly ranked oponent. The doubles match was also close, although the final result was probably, and unfortunately, expected. I think it is important to keep in mind that BG has a team for the future and that the short-term is not that important. Finally, for all it's worth, though it's hard to be objective, BG probably ended up in the toughest group. Good luck to the girls on Wednesday !!!

ghosts
Apr 21st, 2004, 07:54 PM
wow!!!!!!!!!
today we defeated GREECE 2-1
Sesil made an incredible win over #26 in the world Eleni Daniilidou!!!!!!
:D :hearts: :banana:
Good luck tomorrow vs Poland :D ;)

Sesil, Tzveti :D :yeah: :hearts:

ghosts
Apr 22nd, 2004, 04:26 PM
yessss :)

we're into the playoffs on Saturday :D ;)
Pironkova won 75 64, Sesil won 63 60, in doubles we lost again very closely :( this time 63 67 57

anyway, goooo Bulgarian girls :hearts:

crazillo
Apr 23rd, 2004, 09:43 PM
Good luck!!! Dokicf is in a slump, so beat her!

ghosts
Apr 24th, 2004, 05:41 AM
she is also a bit injured (as ppl say in the Fed Cup thread) so Sesil has big chances to beat her........ Hope we'll have more luck with doubles today ;) :D

:banana:

Hantuchov
Apr 24th, 2004, 08:30 PM
WD Bulgaria, for the great win! :woohoo: :kiss:

I hope Sesil and Maggie will play the next tie :bounce:

ghosts
Apr 25th, 2004, 08:03 AM
Let's better hope that the match will be played in Sofia :eek: :D :woohoo:
Congrats girls :banana:

calirocks
Apr 25th, 2004, 02:12 PM
WD Bulgaria, for the great win! :woohoo: :kiss:

I don't think Sesil can play in the World Group play-offs. This is from the fed cup rules and regulations:

"ii) Players between the ages of fourteen (14) and fifteen (15) may participate in the Zonal Group Events only of Fed Cup Competition."

It seems to me that the play-offs are no longer a "Zonal" event. If that's true it'd be too bad indeed. The girls were really on a nice run.

crazillo
Apr 26th, 2004, 09:21 AM
Congrats BUL. I doubt wheter Maggie nor Sesil will play. Maybe Tvetzi and Luba or I dunno who...

ghosts
Apr 26th, 2004, 09:51 AM
I bet Topalova and Pironkova will play... + Penkova and Chifchieva... :)

crazillo
Apr 26th, 2004, 11:29 AM
Topalova???? How comes??

ghosts
Apr 26th, 2004, 02:13 PM
Topalova???? How comes??
She always plays Fed Cup and it seems that she is in good relationship with the Federation... :)

ghosts
May 3rd, 2004, 05:52 AM
Draw for the World Group playoffs is tomorrow :bounce:

ghosts
Jun 17th, 2004, 07:50 PM
Draw for the World Group playoffs is tomorrow :bounce:
we play vs Japan on June 10/11 ;) :)
I'm so eager to see our girls against such a strong team :)

ghosts
Jul 13th, 2004, 01:10 PM
Results:

Shinobu Asagoe def. Tzvetana Pironkova 7-6(6) 3-6 6-4 :bigcry:
Dessislava Topalova def. Saori Obata 7-5 3-0 ret. :) ;)
Shinobu Asagoe def. Dessislava Topalova 6-1 6-7(3) 6-4 :sad: :( :(
Tzvetana Pironkova def. Yuka Yoshida 6-1 6-3 :kiss: :hearts:
Asagoe/Fujiwara def. Geznenge/Krivencheva 6-3 6-2

ghosts
Jul 13th, 2004, 01:12 PM
I'm back from Plovdiv where I saw all matches in the crowd

First of all, it was such an enormous surprise for me that I couldnt see who's Top 60 player (Asagoe or Obata) and who's a challenger-level player ranked 250-300.
Asagoe really showed maturity and experience winning these 2 singles matches :mad:
Everything started sooo unfortunate for us...
In the first set tiebreak between Asagoe and Pironkova, Tzveti had a 5-1 and 6-3 lead but choked!!! :bigcry:
That was a very key moment I think
In the third set she was 3*-1 40/15 and couldnt convert again
I think there were sooo many times when we had 40/15 lead but didnt take advantage :bigcry:
In the second match Obata was really poor... I'm shocked that she was Top 50 player :eek: I really cant see any strenght in her game :rolleyes:
Somehow Dessi managed to cope with the pressure after losing her 4-1 advantage in the first set and was the better player by far after that
I dont really know what happened to the Japanese in the second set... anyway I dont think it's serious
The third match was omg I cant believe Asagoe did it again :fiery: :rolleyes: :sad:
btw she was 6-1 3-0 up but Dessi began to play flawless TOP-CLASS tennis... she had setpoints at 5-3 but missed them... won the tiebreak after that with brilliant play again ;)
In the third set she was 2-0 up but it happened just the same which happened to Tzvetana :mad: she could have stayed in the match but at 4-5 FS was broken to love
In the fourth match we saw one really rising star at her very best... actually Tzvetana could have won 6-0 6-0 but after seeing how much ppl enjoy her shots she started to play them with sooo much power which ofcourse made her do errors :p I must admit I was disappointed when Yoshida was making an unforced error cuz I wanted to see Tzvetana hitting a winner :p
I have no words for our doubles team !!! OMG they're really poor... I heard the rumour that Tzvetana could have played doubles but at the end Krivencheva/Geznenge came on court :lol: They're really poor, especially Geznenge :rolleyes: :sad:
Fujiwara had huge problems with serving but was good at the net.

btw, Sesil was during all the matches in the stands ;)
I really hope that she and Tzvetana will play next year for Bulgaria
noone will be able to stop us on our way to the World Group ;) :D

Aideeee Bulgaria ;) :)