PDA

View Full Version : Circuit Gossip 2

tiger123
Apr 13th, 2004, 08:36 AM
What was the deal getting rid of this forum??

Well i thought i would kick it off again... News in that Mark Philippoussis wont be playing at the Tennis Masters Series in Monte Carlo next week as he is in Melbourne with girlfriend Delta Goodrum and will partner her at the Logies this Sunday night.

Flip and Delta were spotted at Bells Beach together yesterday ( photos in todays Herald Sun newspaper) holding hands and cuddling. They were there to watch the Rip Curl Pro except it was cancelled as there was no surf! Television sources confirmed that the Scud is definitely coming to the Logies on Sunday. Delta is the hot favourite to win the Gold Logie.

ozfan44
Apr 14th, 2004, 09:08 AM
Siobhan Drake Brockman Won The Geraldton Easter Open

Casey Dellacqua Has Glandula Fever And Had Returned From The Us Back To Perth Until She Recovers Before Heading To Asia

SM
Apr 14th, 2004, 10:10 AM
re: circuit gossip #1

i had MANY complaints by people regarding that thread!

where the problem arose was that what was said could be very detrimental to the player's concerned in that i am sure they themselves and/or their friends and family could have come across this! we are here to support the girls, talking about non-tennisy stuff is ok to a degree but we are here to support the girls and not defame them!

ozfan44
Apr 14th, 2004, 10:20 AM
yer i agree that thread got a bit out of hand with some of the comments made about certain players
keep to other gossip in this one guys

tiger123
Apr 14th, 2004, 02:05 PM
yer i agree that thread got a bit out of hand with some of the comments made about certain players
keep to other gossip in this one guys

Are you serious? this is a player forum. People come on to this site to discuss things about Aussie Tennis Players. If some posts are a bit offensive then they should be deleted. But i think most of it is just harmless gossip and most of them rumours. When they start getting personal (i.e player talking about other players or person who knows the player) then thats a bit of a different story...

ozfan44
Apr 15th, 2004, 09:10 AM
thats what i meant

tiger123
Apr 15th, 2004, 10:00 AM
So anyone got any good gossip on the aussie tennis circuit?

Is Delta having a bad influence on Mark's game? He has been spending alot of time with her over the past week from all reports and hasnt been seen at the practice courts of Melbourne Park or Albert Park!

Vicky88
Apr 15th, 2004, 12:08 PM
How do you define which gossip is harmless and what is offensive? Truthfully all gossip is offensive, and people should be careful about what they do say as much of what was said on the previous thread could be considered to be libellous. I know the intent of those posting this gossip is probably a bit of harmless fun, but remember if it ever came to a court of law the onus would be on the poster of the allegations to prove what they have said. I think people should consider before they post how they would feel if the same thing was being said about themselves.

SpikeyAidanm
Apr 15th, 2004, 12:15 PM
:wavey:

SpikeyAidanm
Apr 22nd, 2004, 11:15 PM
More circuit gossip, the single Anastasia Myskina has a crush on Todd Reid, check out this quote from her interview with a French tennis mag.

TM: Which players do you prefer to watch on ATP ?
I love to watch Roger Federer. He's a great player. All he does is sensationnal. Forehand, backhand, everything. Physically speaking, i'd say Todd Reiid, the young Australian (laughing).

:p :o :)

crazzzy_grrl
Apr 23rd, 2004, 08:19 AM
:lol: Thats cool, shes not the only one who likes to watch todd ;)

SpikeyAidanm
Apr 23rd, 2004, 08:22 AM
physically speaking means shes also attacted to his looks :p

azza
Apr 23rd, 2004, 08:26 AM
Myskina :yeah: i want to hear audio of this plz :devil:

SpikeyAidanm
Apr 23rd, 2004, 08:28 AM
:p :lol:

crazzzy_grrl
Apr 23rd, 2004, 10:05 AM
physically speaking means shes also attacted to his looks :p

I know.... i dont just watch for his tennis skills either ;) :lol:

SpikeyAidanm
Apr 23rd, 2004, 02:22 PM
:p

tiger123
Apr 27th, 2004, 01:38 AM
:p

As was reported on another thread, Pat Rafter married long time partner Lara Feltham in a private ceremony in Fiji on Sunday. It is believed 60 people attended the wedding at a golf resort in Fiji. Rafter's good mates Josh Eagle & Paul Kilderry would have been among the 60 people to attend. Lleyton Hewitt may have even flown from Monte Carlo seeing he was knocked out on Thursday and is not playing in Barcelona or Munich this week.

azza
Apr 27th, 2004, 02:24 AM
Any more news?

crazzzy_grrl
Apr 27th, 2004, 09:17 AM
As was reported on another thread, Pat Rafter married long time partner Lara Feltham in a private ceremony in Fiji on Sunday. It is believed 60 people attended the wedding at a golf resort in Fiji. Rafter's good mates Josh Eagle & Paul Kilderry would have been among the 60 people to attend. Lleyton Hewitt may have even flown from Monte Carlo seeing he was knocked out on Thursday and is not playing in Barcelona or Munich this week.

I dont think lleyton was there coz it was reported he was seen landing in bree to be with kim

tiger123
Apr 28th, 2004, 02:20 AM
I dont think lleyton was there coz it was reported he was seen landing in bree to be with kim

Yeah i dont think he would have been there either, seeing he is playing hamburg next week then rome.

Anyone know any news on Scotty Draper?? Is he going to play the French?? Last time i saw Scotty play was at the US Open and he put up a great effort against Carlos Moya in the 1st Rnd.

azza
Apr 28th, 2004, 02:23 AM
Also any news on Paul Baccanello? both scotty and Paul havnt played at all this year i think there still injured :sad:

tiger123
Apr 28th, 2004, 02:29 AM
yeah, such a shame. Paul had a really good year in 2003 inc. 2nd Rnd at Wimbledon! Hopefully we'll see him back on the circuit soon.

crazzzy_grrl
Apr 28th, 2004, 09:04 AM
So does anyone know when Lleyton or Mark will be playing next??

azza
Apr 28th, 2004, 10:53 AM
Lleyton Rome

Mark Rome

crazzzy_grrl
Apr 28th, 2004, 12:45 PM
Thanks

tiger123
Apr 28th, 2004, 01:51 PM
Lleyton Rome

Mark Rome

Lleyton has commited to Hamburg Masters Series as well. I think this is before ROme. DOnt know whether Mark is playing Hamburg as well?

azza
Apr 29th, 2004, 01:58 AM
Dubravks trains 6 ays a week and she will begin tournaments early June goodluck Dubz :worship:

louloubelle
Apr 29th, 2004, 12:30 PM
OK a story about Evie. Didn't know she was sick (as mentioned here before) but she was training with her coach in Melbourne recently. Her coach, knows another coach who knows a friend of mine. Apparently Evie's coach asked the other coach, whether one of his tour hopefuls, a 15 year old male junior (stress the word hopeful) would like to hit with Evie. The coach so does not have an opinion of her and of her coach either as they are sort of in competition with each other. Anyway coach2 said: can she hit more than two balls over the net now! to which Evie's coach stormed off.

No huge goss... but I'm sure the best thing Evie needs is a tempermental coach... really compliments her :)

azza
Apr 29th, 2004, 02:01 PM
:haha: lmao

tiger123
Apr 30th, 2004, 12:39 AM
OK a story about Evie. Didn't know she was sick (as mentioned here before) but she was training with her coach in Melbourne recently. Her coach, knows another coach who knows a friend of mine. Apparently Evie's coach asked the other coach, whether one of his tour hopefuls, a 15 year old male junior (stress the word hopeful) would like to hit with Evie. The coach so does not have an opinion of her and of her coach either as they are sort of in competition with each other. Anyway coach2 said: can she hit more than two balls over the net now! to which Evie's coach stormed off.

No huge goss... but I'm sure the best thing Evie needs is a tempermental coach... really compliments her :)

Evie doesnt mind a bit of 15 year old action!

AUSBOY
Apr 30th, 2004, 03:41 AM
Evie doesnt mind a bit of 15 year old action!

Now now, don't go giving Azza false hope!! Can't have him thinking that he's gonna get lucky with Evie when he's 15!

azza
Apr 30th, 2004, 05:57 AM
Now now, don't go giving Azza false hope!! Can't have him thinking that he's gonna get lucky with Evie when he's 15!
:haha: lmao :p

tiger123
May 3rd, 2004, 01:22 AM
Good to see Mark back on the tennis court in Rome. Did you hear there was a big fire at the players hotel in Rome! Andy Roddick helped save some people but lost all his racquets in the blaze. Marat Safin and his girlfriend were trapped in a corridor but escaped. Apparently Hewitt and Philippoussis were both arriving that day. All the players have now relocated to the Shearaton.

crazzzy_grrl
May 3rd, 2004, 08:04 AM
It said in the paper that Phillipousis wasnt staying at that hotel... only Lleyton

tiger123
May 5th, 2004, 02:02 AM
read on another thread Scotty Draper is playing in a Golf Event this week. Does anyone know where abouts he is playing??

broncosven
May 5th, 2004, 10:17 AM
read on another thread Scotty Draper is playing in a Golf Event this week. Does anyone know where abouts he is playing??

yes i mentioned it . . basically he qualified by placing in the top 10 on qualifying day . . . he had 3 good rounds and 1 awful round

The event is like a pro am in QLD !!

tiger123
May 10th, 2004, 01:46 AM
yes i mentioned it . . basically he qualified by placing in the top 10 on qualifying day . . . he had 3 good rounds and 1 awful round

The event is like a pro am in QLD !!

Read in the paper the other day - Philippoussis is 150-1 to win the French Open!! he has not won a match since 3rd rnd of the Australian Open!!

Aussie_Kim
May 12th, 2004, 06:59 AM
I know.... i dont just watch for his tennis skills either ;) :lol:
I saw him at the Davis Cup after party Jess. He had about 4 girls after him & he was the last tennis player to leave. He likes to party, I guess he has the potential to get a name like Mark's. :lol: But still he's only young! ;)

AUSBOY
May 19th, 2004, 03:49 PM
Sarah Stone has been stalking Sam Stosur round, how strange, both were in Rome last week, and now they are both in Vienna! LOL, I'm not implying anything! :p

tiger123
May 20th, 2004, 01:30 AM
Sarah Stone has been stalking Sam Stosur round, how strange, both were in Rome last week, and now they are both in Vienna! LOL, I'm not implying anything! :p

You love your Sarah Stone gossip dont you AUSBOY, what a lovely couple Sam & Sarah are!

AUSBOY
May 20th, 2004, 02:23 AM
I was just speaking to one of Todd Reid's associates who is gay and has been a hitting partner for various players at the Australian Open and he told me that Sampras and Arazi have something in common! For more info pvt msg me!

SpikeyAidanm
May 21st, 2004, 04:56 AM
Sampras :unsure:

info on Reid pls :p

azza
Jun 2nd, 2004, 10:44 AM
Does anyone know a ex aussie player who is named Michelle something?

louloubelle
Jun 2nd, 2004, 11:00 AM
Does anyone know a ex aussie player who is named Michelle something?
How far back??? Michelle Turk, Michelle Bowrey in the 80's are ones that come to mind.

azza
Jun 2nd, 2004, 11:04 AM
i don't know :sad: she just sent me a Pm bout Ausie girls Update

ozfan44
Jun 2nd, 2004, 12:27 PM
do u feel special now azza?

azza
Jun 2nd, 2004, 12:58 PM
what lol no

azza
Jun 2nd, 2004, 12:59 PM
do u feel special now Ozfan now i have answered you?

SpikeyAidanm
Jun 2nd, 2004, 01:01 PM
tell us the pm :p

SpikeyAidanm
Jun 2nd, 2004, 01:07 PM
k he did on msn :)

michaelle :uinsire:

AUSBOY
Jun 2nd, 2004, 01:33 PM
Michelle Summerside??? former top 350 player who also won 2 x $10K doubles titles and dropped of the ranks last year

TS
Jun 3rd, 2004, 04:42 AM
Michelle Jaggard-Lai?

lol, that's my contribution :)

ozfan44
Jun 4th, 2004, 08:24 AM
no azza i feel special all the time mate coz i am!
LOL

AUSBOY
Jun 4th, 2004, 01:10 PM
Michelle Brycki? or whatever her name?

azza
Jun 4th, 2004, 02:12 PM
Nope the final answer is:

Michele Summerside ( Finally :p:p:p )

Dubravka Told me

azza
Jun 4th, 2004, 02:25 PM
Oh lol Brycki isnt retired lol shes jutsa crap junior i think :p

azza
Jun 7th, 2004, 05:57 AM
Does anyone know if Jaymon still wants to retire at the end of the year? hes had an O.K Season doing well in the Aussie Challengers and just making a final in a Spain Future event? i dont want him to retire :sad:

SM
Jun 8th, 2004, 11:43 AM
sampras haha ...erm sure..

ozfan44
Jun 9th, 2004, 08:42 AM
When i spoke to Jaymon in March he said he would see how the rest of the aussie circuit went for him and then how he played overseas, then he would make up his mind after aussie events at end of the year, i think he will play on, he's starting to find some relaible good form again but will wait and see how is feeling closer to the end of the year, will let you all know when i get another chance to talk to him.

azza
Jun 22nd, 2004, 10:24 PM
Not sure if this is worth a post but :p

At $10,000 Alkaar in the Netherlands Dubravka Cupac had dinner with Joe Sirianni and a few other players last night

:)

ozfan44
Jun 23rd, 2004, 06:53 AM
shes too good for him!

azza
Jun 23rd, 2004, 11:36 AM
:lol: dont be mean to Joe :ras: :p

SpikeyAidanm
Jun 23rd, 2004, 11:38 AM
:ras:

azza
Jun 23rd, 2004, 12:22 PM
:ras:

azza
Jun 30th, 2004, 04:58 PM
Depressing thoughts from Dubravka :sad: she was saying she is but isnt lookign forwards to next weeks grass tournie in GRB Quote " yes because its grass and its more my surface then clay..no because i dunt know if i can handle losing another match after palying well. " i just told her to think positive on court all the time and she sayed quote " i knows i havent played but ive worked so hard and it feels like im going no where.. like in cartoons..they are runing but not going anywhere "

i told her this Quote " Dubz! u just came back i mean its gunna take a few matches before u can get some match play doubles is good u should keep playing doubles to get more and more matches dw ul be back ive seen u play ur very good "

she sayed thankyou

Dubz think Positive :sad:

Darop.
Jun 30th, 2004, 08:00 PM
you've seen her play? :eek:

azza
Jun 30th, 2004, 08:23 PM
Yes at the addias international i saw her beat Drake :D and lose to Cargill :sad:

Mr_Molik
Jun 30th, 2004, 09:45 PM
dubz :sad: :bigcry:

SM
Jun 30th, 2004, 09:50 PM
ive seen her play too...

i met her at a local tournament here and shes really cool. i congratulated her for thrashing my annoying ex-coach 6-0 6-0 ;) but i couldnt tell how dubz could play then cos the girl she played was shocking lol.

i also saw duz play her quallies at the aussie open but she lost decisively that time to bondarenko something like 6-3 6-2. dubz totally overpowered her :) and i think she has a CLASS serve and is soooo powerful off both wings too. so yeah i think shes got game but too many errors..

anyway shes heaps young it will take years for her to get some consistency i think...with her power game it will take longer to learn than most ppl i guess

azza
Jul 1st, 2004, 07:55 AM
Dubz :hug:

azza
Aug 26th, 2004, 11:49 PM
Beti Sekulovski is thinking bout retiring :sad:

azza
Sep 18th, 2004, 12:57 AM
Beti and Alun Jones have parts in the movie Wimbledon :eek:

and we get to see Beti lose to Kirsten dunst :haha: :p

Alun has quit tennis :o :(

SM
Sep 18th, 2004, 05:47 AM
beti is gonna be in wimbeldon :)! wiohoo i cant wait....how AWESOME!
WOOHOO:D

ozfan44
Sep 20th, 2004, 07:30 AM
I Reckon Beti Should Take A Year Off And Then Come Back End Of 2005/2006

TS
Sep 20th, 2004, 07:38 AM
Poor Beti :sad: I hope that's not true, but it wouldn't surprise me. She's only 21 and she's had so many injuries, can't be good for the body.

The girl is really talented, this is such a shame :( :(

azza
Oct 14th, 2004, 05:46 AM
Any more news? :p