PDA

View Full Version : Amelie injured AGAIN?

Unvoix
Apr 12th, 2004, 02:03 PM
Posted on Sun, Apr. 11, 2004

Mauresmo withdraws from Family Circle

Associated Press

CHARLESTON, S.C. - Amelie Mauresmo, who lost the Bausch & Lomb Championships final to Lindsay Davenport on Sunday, withdrew from this week's Family Circle Cup because of a lower right back strain.

Mauresmo, who upset the world's No. 1 player Justine Henin-Hardenne in Saturday's semifinals, sustained the injury during her 6-4, 6-4 loss to Davenport, according to a statement from Family Circle spokeswoman Robin Reynolds.

Mauresmo was scheduled to make her sixth appearance at the Family Circle Cup, a clay-court tournament that starts Monday.

Tryphon
Apr 12th, 2004, 10:51 PM
Maybe she just withdrew as a precautionary measure, as she probably had not expected to reach the final right from her first tourney, so to get some rest for the Fed Cup.
(wishful thinking)

:confused:

Unvoix
Apr 14th, 2004, 02:18 PM
Maybe she just withdrew as a precautionary measure, as she probably had not expected to reach the final right from her first tourney, so to get some rest for the Fed Cup.
(wishful thinking)

:confused:

That's what I'm hoping too. But there seemed to be something wrong during her match with Davenport. She wasn't as aggressive with her backhand as she was with Justine, which could indicate problems on the right side of her back. I just wish that the WTA would have some information about it on their website. They seem to be so informative about Justine's withdrawal. But then perhaps Amelie hasn't issued any formal statement yet.

Linnie
Apr 14th, 2004, 03:13 PM
According to an article in L'Equipe, she withdrew because of fatigue and didn't want to risk injury. You can read it here:

http://www.tennnis.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?p=77286&no=1#77286

Unvoix
Apr 14th, 2004, 05:52 PM
According to an article in L'Equipe, she withdrew because of fatigue and didn't want to risk injury. You can read it here:

http://www.tennnis.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?p=77286&no=1#77286

Thanks for the post. I'm glad to know that she's not suffering from something with long-lasting consequences. The AP writer of the article that I posted needs to read this. But I'm sure he/she got the info from an official statement given by Amelie to the Family Cup tournament organizers.

cro-girl
Apr 15th, 2004, 01:21 PM
Thanks for the news. I was kinda wondering what has happened cause she was up on the list one day, and taken off the next day so I didnt know what was up.
Thanks again :kiss:
P.S. it is great to hear that she is well...just a bit exhausted. :bounce: