PDA

View Full Version : Admins: Moved Threads?

tennisIlove09
Apr 10th, 2004, 09:29 PM
Are we not allowed to discuss a shocking result in GM anymore? If Someone posts A. Mauresmo def. J. Henin-Hardenne 6-7 7-5 6-3, will it be moved? I don't understand

K-Dog
Apr 10th, 2004, 09:31 PM
Are we not allowed to discuss a shocking result in GM anymore? If Someone posts A. Mauresmo def. J. Henin-Hardenne 6-7 7-5 6-3, will it be moved? I don't understand

The title of this forum is general messages. That means a broad of things can be posted here. I totally agree with you tennisIlove09.

fried_beans
Apr 10th, 2004, 09:31 PM
It's stupid eh? What are we supposed to talk about? Are we allowed to talk about certain players or will that be moved to their player forums?

tennisIlove09
Apr 10th, 2004, 09:32 PM
I can understand the live score threads in GM, but not just results. Somethings HAVE to be talked about!

K-Dog
Apr 10th, 2004, 09:32 PM
It's stupid eh? What are we supposed to talk about? Are we allowed to talk about certain players or will that be moved to their player forums?

Exactly. I private messaged The Crow about why this is happening.

Pureracket
Apr 10th, 2004, 09:37 PM
Exactly. I private messaged The Crow about why this is happening.Make sure you lemme know what the Black Bird has to say about this.

GoDominique
Apr 10th, 2004, 09:38 PM
Make sure you lemme know what the Black Bird has to say about this.
Pureracket :wavey:

CC
Apr 10th, 2004, 09:39 PM
Maybe the moderators are Justine fans.

crazillo
Apr 10th, 2004, 09:40 PM
Yes, I mean we can do it in player Forums, but HERE everyone is looking in so that everyone can read the news. Esp. players with Forums in the "Rest Of World" part don´t get much attention there, so it should remain here.
Results are OK to talk about!

tyk101
Apr 10th, 2004, 09:40 PM
both of my posts have been moved!~ tonite!

Pureracket
Apr 10th, 2004, 09:49 PM
Pureracket :wavey:GoDom,
Happy Holidays:kiss:

esquímaux
Apr 10th, 2004, 09:50 PM
Maybe the moderators are Justine fans.
Or they want to be bitten ;)

bmxbandit
Apr 10th, 2004, 09:50 PM
I'd like to know why was the draw thread moved.

CC
Apr 10th, 2004, 09:51 PM
Or they want to be bitten ;)
:eek: ;)

esquímaux
Apr 10th, 2004, 09:52 PM
:eek: ;)
:wavey: :toothy: ;)

7~ŒLêV3ñ½
Apr 10th, 2004, 10:10 PM
of course, they are not the Williams yuo know, so no Williams, no thread...

CC
Apr 10th, 2004, 10:41 PM
:wavey: :toothy: ;)
You're trying to tempt me. :hehehe:

OUT!
Apr 10th, 2004, 11:22 PM
I think the reason for this is obvious - such threads will descend into the usual bitching and vehement attacks. I don't agree with it but I can see why. And BTW I am not a Justine fan, I'm a Williams sisters & Davenport fan. *CHECKS THREAD AGAIN* Oops, I stand corrected! If that was the title of the thread then that seems a bit extreme to me.

esquímaux
Apr 11th, 2004, 12:05 AM
You're trying to tempt me. :hehehe:
Not really, I just bite back ;)

griffin
Apr 11th, 2004, 12:10 AM
I didn't do it, but my guess is that it looked like a scoring thread - and we are trying to keep those out of gm.

Just like we'd prefer to keep these in Bugs and Errors, capice?

The Crow
Apr 11th, 2004, 09:15 AM
I didn't move it either, but yeah what griffin says I guess ;)

carot
Apr 11th, 2004, 09:34 AM
we had major spring cleaning and i wasn't informed? :sad: *pouts*

i wonder why it should have been a justine fan that moved them btw lol, that's wtaworld logic that once again i don't understand :D

tennisIlove09
Apr 11th, 2004, 06:06 PM
So, seriously, are we not allowed to have any "Player A def. Player B by score" in GM any more?

The Crow
Apr 12th, 2004, 09:57 AM
So, seriously, are we not allowed to have any "Player A def. Player B by score" in GM any more?
As long as you do not overdo it (and as long as it is not done with the clear intention of instigating fights), it's allowed. Scoring threads on the other hand should be in the tournaments forum, so these will be deleted/closed/moved/... if they appear in GM.

*JR*
Apr 14th, 2004, 02:52 AM
As long as you do not overdo it (and as long as it is not done with the clear intention of instigating fights), it's allowed. Scoring threads on the other hand should be in the tournaments forum, so these will be deleted/closed/moved/... if they appear in GM.
WTF do you expect to happen? A large majority of the posters are Ok On this, but there are Easily Enough (as "some poster called abcdefg" said in quoting, then flaming Rollo) who "come here to Fight" For This To indeed be a problem. Re. infants who need to "live through players" (in a negative way) you have the power to "warn, then punish" no?
:confused: