PDA

View Full Version : Family Circle Cup Draw!!

*Marat BigFan*
Apr 10th, 2004, 08:39 PM
http://www.wtatour.com/global/inclu...eston_draws.pdf (http://www.wtatour.com/global/inclu...eston_draws.pdf)

I think Mary got a pretty good draw...She should get past Nadia!!

Declan
Apr 10th, 2004, 09:05 PM
I'm not so happy, to be honest. I agree Morigami should be an easy win, but Petrova may well be on a roll after her win over Serena this week (and already holds a 1-0 H2H over Mary, although her win was three years ago when Mary was injured. Still, it was on clay too.) Even if she beat Nadia she'd probably face her nemesis Suarez (and Mary's record against her is fankly puzzling.) And even if she got through that, it's Serena again. Actually, that IS pretty rotten!!!

On a positive note, Mary has no points to defend until Wimbledon so every win will be a bonus....

pierce0415
Apr 10th, 2004, 09:16 PM
Petrova will probably be distrought after blowing big lead to Lindsay ... Mary knows her game inside and out since they play doubles together so I think Mary should get by

Suarez will be a tought match ... Mary has trouble with her on hard court so I don't know about Clay

Declan
Apr 10th, 2004, 09:22 PM
Petrova will probably be distrought after blowing big lead to Lindsay ... Mary knows her game inside and out since they play doubles together so I think Mary should get by

Suarez will be a tought match ... Mary has trouble with her on hard court so I don't know about Clay

Fair point about Petrova. Regarding Suarez, Mary's sole win actually was on clay (Hamburg '97) so that's promising! Sorry to be uncharacteristically downbeat on here - I'm just disappointed that nothing seems to be coming easy for Mary right now.

pierce0415
Apr 10th, 2004, 09:49 PM
Suarez is very tricky because she is master of clay and can run down all of Mary's groundstrokes ... in recent years she has bulked up and started to hit harder to rise to almost top 10

I would be satisfied if Mary can defeat Petrova and Suarez to get to QF

Mark Spruce
Apr 11th, 2004, 01:16 AM
Hello Declan I am with you. Maybe with more tournaments and more wins. Mary's ranking will rise and we will se better draws. I know and have faith that Mary will get there.

lets just see how it goes. First of all take it match by match. I just hope first of all Mary will win her first match.

regards

Mark

Mary Pierce
Apr 11th, 2004, 01:38 AM
Hi Guys,

I will be happy for Mary is she gets past Petrova and can push her nemesis Suarez to 3 sets - she almost has as much trouble with Saurez as she does with Sugiyama!! :D

Wizzy Maryfan
Apr 11th, 2004, 08:24 AM
It's again a very difficult draw ! :sad:

The first round seemed to be easy if Mary plays her best.

But after that, Petrova is a top 10 ... and she has beaten Seren Williams in straight sets ! :confused:

I'll be so happy if Mary beats Petrova, and I don't want to think who she will meet after, because last week, it was exactly the same with Serena and after Maleeva ... :tape:

So, match by match, and I hope, victory by victory :bounce:

Tompier
Apr 11th, 2004, 10:54 AM
I am looking forward to Mary vs Petrova match. I taped last meeting of them and I have to say Mary was far far far from her I would even say "middle form", She wasn't running to the ball at all, She was injured and the score was 6-2 6-4 or something like that. I think Mary will win but you never know. What is interesting for me is Mary's head to head with Suarez. I really can't understand that. I have seen Paola on my own eyes and her game isn't that level as Mary's at all.

I hope Mary will raise like phoenix next week and show them her best game :) :hearts: :inlove:

Tompier
Apr 11th, 2004, 11:36 AM
http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=110195

let's support Mary in her hard way to the final :) :bounce:

Mark Spruce
Apr 12th, 2004, 03:09 AM
Just going right there now Tompier.

take care

Mark