PDA

View Full Version : Petrova is squahing Davenport...

LUIS9
Apr 10th, 2004, 08:44 PM
for the moment, That serve of Petrova can be lethal i mean never saw a player with a serve avg of 110, i think only Venus once at wimby when playing Henin in the final of 01 had 111 but briefly and then avg overall 107.

LUIS9
Apr 10th, 2004, 08:45 PM
squashing*

LUIS9
Apr 10th, 2004, 08:49 PM
Just took the first set 6-3, Lindsay looks to be in trouble, so i guess the slower of these two is going to lose the match. Both not known for their speediness on court but Petrova the younger and more athletetic of the two is currently winning and most likely will be the victor who plays against Mauresmo on the finals.

Darop.
Apr 10th, 2004, 08:50 PM
i think u mean speed and not speediness :p

Mathijs
Apr 10th, 2004, 08:51 PM
:woohoo: come on Nadia!! keep on (steam)rolling!! :bounce: :bounce:

bandabou
Yep...already a break up. Wow, Nadiaīs little coming out party. 110 mph average serve?! Itīs amazing....

Steffica Greles
Petrova is known for being slow?

Not when I last saw her. I may be wrong about that, but when I last watched Nadia she had NOTICEABLY good movement. Not the fastest, but certainly at a level where she'd never be made to look cumbersome by anybody.

Nadia and Lindsay are very similar players. They both have wonderfully fluid actions. Nadia's faster, while Lindsay in her maturity is a lot more solid.

foreva lindsay
Apr 10th, 2004, 08:52 PM
lindsay
wat r u doing?????

starr
Apr 10th, 2004, 08:54 PM
Nadia has had so many injuries. Maybe someone saw her when she was suffering from a foot injury because she was out with one.

Nadia is certainly a sleek looking athlete.

LindsayRocks89
Apr 10th, 2004, 08:56 PM
Lindsay :mad: :sad:

bandabou
Slow or not, sheīs really repeating her perfomance from against Serena....today against Lindsay. Lindsay canīt even touch the girlīs serve, just ONE bp....and no breaks.

TheBoiledEgg
Yep...already a break up. Wow, Nadiaīs little coming out party. 110 mph average serve?! Itīs amazing....

why u seem suprised
i told you she had the BEST AVE serve speed on tour.

go Nadya, stay focused and finish the job

bis2806
oh man what is happening to lindsay

LUIS9
Apr 10th, 2004, 08:58 PM
Well her mom or dad was an olympian, world class runner and medal winner! So i only saw her the year when she made the qfs at the U.S open and lost to Davenport i think she didnt look spectacularly fast nor too slow sort of a bit faster version of Davenport and a much more powerful serve, but rather inconsistent. Should Petrova harness her power and become more consistent and less injury prone she'd certainly be an established top 6 player certainly a slam contender. Hence shes got good genes anyways!

starr
Slow or not, sheīs really repeating her perfomance from against Serena....today against Lindsay. Lindsay canīt even touch the girlīs serve, just ONE bp....and no breaks.
She's not slow. Can't you see that with your own eyes?

Andrew.
Nadia is playing out of her mind tennis. Lindsay is just playing average tennis. Put those two factors togeather, and you get a Petrova win.

bandabou
Apr 10th, 2004, 08:59 PM
why u seem suprised
i told you she had the BEST AVE serve speed on tour.

go Nadya, stay focused and finish the job

as far as speed?! Didnīt know that about Nadia, but wow she sure can pop that serve. I canīt wait to see her playing a healthy Serena...

BK4ever
Lindsay has got the worst movement of any tennis player I have ever seen...all Petrova has to do is get her on the run and point is as good as won...Lindsay has the better ground game...but that damn movement is ridiculous

volley1
for the moment, That serve of Petrova can be lethal i mean never saw a player with a serve avg of 110, i think only Venus once at wimby when playing Henin in the final of 01 had 111 but briefly and then avg overall 107.
Wow! :eek: I think she needs to serve and volley more especially on the faster surfaces.

Lee-Waters' Boy
Apr 10th, 2004, 09:00 PM
nadia :)

bandabou
She's not slow. Can't you see that with your own eyes?

It was a discussion in the earlier posts...I didnīt start it.

starr
Well her mom or dad was an olympian, world class runner and medal winner! So i only saw her the year when she made the qfs at the U.S open and lost to Davenport i think she didnt look spectacularly fast nor too slow sort of a bit faster version of Davenport and a much more powerful serve, but rather inconsistent. Should Petrova harness her power and become more consistent and less injury prone she'd certainly be an established top 6 player certainly a slam contender. Hence shes got good genes anyways!
Both her parents were top athletes. Her father was a hammer thrower and her mother ran the 400 meters

starr
Apr 10th, 2004, 09:02 PM
oh my god and Pam just said her father won a medal at the olympics when it was her mother who won the medal. in the 400 relay.... bronze.

the cat
Apr 10th, 2004, 09:02 PM
BK, over the years Davenport has gooten into better shape and improved her mobilty. She moves better now than she did as a teenager. But she does struggle more with her movement on clay courts than other courts.

lee station
Apr 10th, 2004, 09:03 PM
hey dude

starr
Apr 10th, 2004, 09:05 PM
Well, I like what pam and mjf said too. Both players take big steps and that's not a clay court style.

LUIS9
Apr 10th, 2004, 09:06 PM
Lindsay broke, of course with such a good return its evident it will happen at some point but Nadia is about to return her the favor!

mexicotrip
Apr 10th, 2004, 09:09 PM
Well, I like what pam and mjf said too. Both players take big steps and that's not a clay court style.

But clay is Nadia's best Surface (although in her case it's cause she hits a heavy top-spin forehand.)

Havok
Apr 10th, 2004, 09:12 PM
come on Nadia:banana:

Andrew.
Apr 10th, 2004, 09:12 PM
OMG Lindsay is spraying UE's. :scared:

doby
Apr 10th, 2004, 09:14 PM
OMG Lindsay is spraying UE's. :scared:
:o Thats' nothing new for Davenport.Has she gone into pout mode yet?

LUIS9
Apr 10th, 2004, 09:16 PM
This match actually seems like a pretty good one, both players fighting as hard as possible, Davenport unfortunately not winning as much because her lack of mobility, shes still going for her shots i mean its only a -5 differential, she goes for her shots so its not like she'l have 40 winners and 5 unforced errors, the match i think is closer than the score suggests. Not bad at all but Petrova is having all the answers today and that serve is dangerous.

doby
Apr 10th, 2004, 09:19 PM
:wavey: Thanks LUIS9.Good to hear Lindsay is fighting.

LUIS9
Apr 10th, 2004, 09:24 PM
whoa the serve only keeps getting bigger but Davenport isnt shying away, currently 4-4 and serving. I think Petrova should learn a thing or two about placement, as Serena has proven time after time its not the full speed but the speed placement combo that works the best.

Andrew.
Apr 10th, 2004, 09:25 PM
Lindsay holds, thank God.

Andrew.
Apr 10th, 2004, 09:28 PM
Lindsay fights?! :eek:

bmxbandit
Apr 10th, 2004, 09:29 PM
Third Set!!! Whoohooo

LUIS9
Apr 10th, 2004, 09:29 PM
Ladies and gents its going to a decisive and third set and the turtle as many call her is carrying the momentum at the moment.

lee station
Apr 10th, 2004, 09:30 PM
ostias! :eek: C'MON BOTH !!!!

bandabou
Apr 10th, 2004, 09:31 PM
Yeah, yeah...and now letīs see if sheīs gonna keep chopping the chest or is it the breast?!

fried_beans
Sarah! Will my prediction of 3-6 6-4 6-2 be true? :)

Anna F'd Enrique
they stopped coverage!!!???

jay_k
Apr 10th, 2004, 09:32 PM
FOUR straight games for Lindsay

St.Sebastian
Apr 10th, 2004, 09:39 PM
You better change the name of the thread because Nadia is being punished :)

LUIS9
Apr 10th, 2004, 09:40 PM
Yeup looks like Lindsay in on a roll, held serve probably looking to break again and Nadia seems a bit nervous and the ocassion is getting to her? Either way she'l learn from this match as well as her loss last week she should keep in mind she was suppose to win last weeks and this match too, are the russians simply nerve prone? All of them seem to lack the mental fortitude including Safin or maybe they are just too hard on themselves, i mean look at the world figure skaters they dominated and on the mens side Pluschenko is still on top with his quadruple triple double combo.

LUIS9
Apr 10th, 2004, 09:43 PM
Its looking bad for Petrova her second serve keeps droppping and Davenport keeps chewing on it, she either buckles or its over in 15 mins.

LindsayRocks89
Apr 10th, 2004, 09:47 PM
ok lindsay, you can do this!!!!!

fried_beans
Apr 10th, 2004, 09:49 PM
Damn I'm good haha

nemcl
Apr 10th, 2004, 09:56 PM
Actually Fried Beans you're not good.... you're amazing!!!! Off by one game !!
Good stuff !!!

bandabou
Apr 10th, 2004, 10:00 PM
Seems Nadiaīs amazing form can only last till the SFīs of her tournaments.

LUIS9
Apr 10th, 2004, 10:04 PM
Exactly this match only goes to prove two things, Nadias nerves can only hold for so long, her game just completely abandoned her, made more double faults wasnt making as many winners, got inconsistent, and the Davenport being the champion that she is took full advantaged, she buckled up, improved her serve percentage kept the great placement and her return was smoking, goes to prove she once was the worlds #1 and if for no Williams she would still be #1 maybe Henin would have a saying Clijsters might have something to say too.