PDA

View Full Version : The Tzipora Obziler Thread

Pages : [1] 2

Tomas11
Apr 10th, 2004, 08:19 PM
Today, Obziler defeated Yulia Beygelzimer of the Ukraine and reached the Gaz de France Tenor Tournament chmpionship match in Dinan. In the final she will face up and coming Timea Baczincsky of Switzerland.

While she is on the verge of winning her first major tournament in a long time, Tzipi is also 31 years of age. When interviewed she said that if she doesn't make it the the top 100 by the summer, she'll retire from professional tennis.

The Israeli tennis will suffer greatly if she doesn't reach her target, therefore the Dinan final is very important.

The next few tournaments will be crucial. She intended to play Estoril, but she couldn't make it to the qualies start because she's still in France. However, she'll play Budapest, Fed Cup, Cagnes-Sur-Mer and if she wins tomorrow, she'll win herself a ticket to a Tier III MD: Strasbourg.

Next week she'll crack the top 125. Hopefully she can carry on with this splendid form, and crack the top 100.

Good luck Tzipi. And keep cheering for her every match!

*Yoav*
Apr 10th, 2004, 11:27 PM
Good luck TZIPI in the final!!!

PointBlank
Apr 11th, 2004, 01:11 AM
Not to happy she beat a country person of mine but :sad:

Good Luck Tzipi :kiss:

Tomas11
Apr 11th, 2004, 08:08 PM
Tzipi lost the finals
Still a gerat tournament for her, and she will be ranked around 123 when tomorrow's rankings will be published.

Good luck in Fed Cup!

PointBlank
Apr 11th, 2004, 10:54 PM
Whos all playin for us? Anna,Shahar,Tzipora,?? Yael,Heli?

Tomas11
Apr 12th, 2004, 12:27 PM
Fed Cup tem includes:

1) Anna
2) Tzipi
3) Shahar
4) Heli Bargil (who's really on fire, but her chances of playing are rather slim)

No yevgenia (understood), Yael or Gugel...

levos
Apr 13th, 2004, 11:10 AM
why no Yevgenia is understood?

Tomas11
Apr 14th, 2004, 05:50 PM
well, considering her form in the last couple of months, her pick seems rather a strange one. other than that, Bargil (i've seen her during my practice yesterday, by the way...) is on tremendous form.
besides, Bargil isn't going to play, so we rather have a player who trains and is in better contact with Israel and support him as the poster girl...

*Yoav*
Jun 15th, 2004, 09:30 AM
Tzipi in Wimbledon 2004:
1st qualifying round:
WC Helen Fritche GBR vs (23) Tzipora Obziler ISR
good luck Tzipi :kiss:

Meteor Shower
Jun 15th, 2004, 01:48 PM
tzipi won 6-0 6-2
i ate a bagel 30 min before the game started
remind me to eat another in her next game so she can win another 6-0 (:

King Aaron
Jun 15th, 2004, 05:59 PM
Well done Tzipi. :bigclap:

*Yoav*
Jun 15th, 2004, 08:18 PM
Well done Tzipi. :bigclap:
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

PointBlank
Jun 16th, 2004, 01:59 AM
Israeli tennis has been :sad: lately .. she needs to qualify !

"Sluggy"
Jun 21st, 2004, 08:57 PM
I have given away many doubles of autographs to other members. If someone would like Tziporas autograph i have two so i wouldnt mind giving it to you. Ive been going to Roland Garros for years and have many so i give some away when i feel like it. You can pm me. By the way I saw her play and she was great. i saw parts of all three of her qualifying matches at Roland Garros. She was great!!!

Meteor Shower
Jun 22nd, 2004, 11:43 AM
thank you FrogBurger!
i really hope she will enter top 100 soon
yalla tzipi! we believe in you!

Meteor Shower
Jun 30th, 2004, 07:47 PM
where is tzipi playin this week?

Meteor Shower
Jul 9th, 2004, 06:55 PM
Good news
tzipi playing this week in WTT in the "Saint Louis Aces" !!!
Amir Hadad the israeli also play there

in her last match
MX: Hadad/Obziler (STL) def. Rodionova/Knowles (SAC)
WD: Rodionova/Vaidisova (SAC) def. Obziler/Panova (STL)

she is playing right now against "Springfield Lasers" who sucks :D

Meteor Shower
Jul 11th, 2004, 08:43 PM
Final standings: Obziler in WTT

Singles:
Obziler (STL) def. Schlukebir (SPR) 5-3
Rodionova (SAC) def. Obziler (STL) 5-1
Obziler (STL) def. Kutuzova (NYB) 5-3
(In Women's Singles, Navratilova substituted in for Kutuzova at 1-2 (STL) )
Obziler (STL) def. Talaja (KC) 5-1
Obziler (STL) def. Raymond (PHI) 5-2

Woman Doubles:
Mc Cain/Obziler (STL) def. Bedanova/Schlukebir (SPR) 5-4(2)
Rodionova/Vaidisova (SAC) def. Mc Cain/Obziler (STL) 5-0
Rodionova/Vaidisova (SAC) def. Obziler/Panova (STL) 5-1
Kapros/Miyagi (NPB) def. Obziler/Panova (STL) 5-3
Bedanova/Schlukebir (SPR) def. Mc Cain/Obziler (STL) 5-3
Mc Cain/Obziler (STL) def. McQuillan/Talaja (KC) 5-3
Kapros/Miyagi (NPB) def. Mc Cain/Obziler (STL) 5-4(4)
Mc Cain/Obziler (STL) def. McShea/Sequera (HAR) 5-2
Mc Cain/Obziler (STL) def. Kutuzova/Navratilova (NYB) 5-1
McQuillan/Talaja (KC) def. Mc Cain/Obziler (STL) 5-4(2)
Raymond/Tatarkova (PHI) def. Mc Cain/Obziler (STL) 5-1

Mixed Doubles:
Kratzmann/Schlukebir (SPR) def. Hadad/Obziler (STL) 5-3
Hadad/Obziler (STL) def. Rodionova/Knowles (SAC) 5-3
Ferreira/Miyagi (NPB) def. Hadad/Obziler (STL) 5-1
Kratzmann/Schlukebir (SPR) def. Hadad/Obziler (STL) 5-4(4)
Hadad/Obziler (STL) def. MacPherson/McQuillan (KC) 5-4(4)
Ferreira/Miyagi (NPB) def. Hadad/Obziler (STL) 5-4(4)
Hadad/Obziler (STL) def. Johnson/McShea (HAR) 5-3

she is kicked ass in singles :D

Meteor Shower
Jul 14th, 2004, 04:22 PM
updated
pics of her here
http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?p=3804852#post3804852

thanks sonja! :)

oren987
Jul 14th, 2004, 09:45 PM
updated
pics of her here
http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?p=3804852#post3804852

thanks sonja! :)
Thank's Or

Meteor Shower
Jul 18th, 2004, 10:10 AM
Thank's Or

thank you! and you welcome :D

updated

Meteor Shower
Jul 27th, 2004, 03:52 PM
updated, season finished
final standing woman singles:
1. Shaugnessy M
2. Petrova N (played only one match)
3. Vaidisova N
4. Obziler T
5. Kapros

tzipi wins $2,500 :)

*Yoav*
Aug 28th, 2004, 02:11 PM
guys, pleas check what i wrote about Tzipi in here: :)
http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=130591

oren987
Sep 3rd, 2004, 04:28 PM
Some pic's of Tzipi after her great match against Henin.

She lost, but she played like a top 20 player for me ;)

http://forumsgallery.tapuz.co.il/ForumsGallery/galleryimages/287_0309200465907.jpg

http://forumsgallery.tapuz.co.il/ForumsGallery/galleryimages/287_0309200465837.jpg

http://forumsgallery.tapuz.co.il/ForumsGallery/galleryimages/287_0309200465791.jpg

http://forumsgallery.tapuz.co.il/ForumsGallery/galleryimages/287_0309200465288.jpg

If anyone have some more great pic's of Tzipi from this match, plz post them here :D

oren987
Sep 3rd, 2004, 04:40 PM
I found 2 more pic's

http://forumsgallery.tapuz.co.il/ForumsGallery/galleryimages/287_0309200466473.jpg

http://forumsgallery.tapuz.co.il/ForumsGallery/galleryimages/287_0309200466528.jpg

An interview with:

TZIPORA OBZILER

THE MODERATOR: First question.

Q. Was that an unexpectedly great experience for you out there today? What was it like for you?

TZIPORA OBZILER: I think it was great. You know, beginning of the third set, you know, you never know, game here, game there. I mean, it was a tough match. Justine is a very good player. That's it. I did my best, I guess (smiling).

Q. Can you tell us a little about your tennis journey? Apparently you were on the tour for a while, then you quit because you didn't like the life. Is that the short version?

TZIPORA OBZILER: Yeah, my tennis career is like on and off since the Army, Army then a little bit college, then back home after college, didn't play for a while, then played again, stop again. The age of 29 and a half, I got a brave decision to come back, and I happy I did it.

Q. Why did you decide to come back?

TZIPORA OBZILER: I think I already say this few times, but I think the Fed Cup match against the USA in July 2002 made a change. I played a very good tennis there, two good matches, one against Seles, I lost in two sets, and one against Davenport, I lost 7-6 in the third. It was a very good performance for me, for somebody who was coach at that time. I don't know. Billie Jean King actually gave me the push, and I just use it.

Q. What did she say to you?

TZIPORA OBZILER: She said after the match finish, the event finish, she came to me and my captain, and she just said I have to go back and start playing again. We listen. I thought inside that really I can play more. I just had to make decision. I had few weeks to tell my boss that I'm quitting from work and just start playing full-time again.

Q. Who were your bosses at the time?

TZIPORA OBZILER: I coached the Israel Tennis Centers.

Q. How long were you in the Army and what did you do?

TZIPORA OBZILER: Army was a year and a half. I worked for the defense department. That was the department that deals with the Lebanon issues. So it was very, very, very good experience for me. I just say -- every day I say thanks that I've been in this kind of situation in the Army. Helps a lot.

Q. Did you go through basic training?

TZIPORA OBZILER: Of course. I shoot a gun, everything.

Q. How does the Army help a lot?

TZIPORA OBZILER: First of all, you have to be with a lot of responsibility. I mean, you deal with things. I mean, you go over material that not everybody can actually look and see or know. And by the way you handle things. It's all together. You have bosses on top, I mean, ahead. You have to deal with many things. I think all together. I cannot really say. It's like you live your daily life, and you don't really have people tell you what to do. And then suddenly you want to do the right things because otherwise you can go to trial or jail or whatever, I'm going far. But it's totally different. I don't know. It's something, I don't know. For me it gave me a lot, gave me a lot.

Q. Of confidence?

TZIPORA OBZILER: Just for life, to see that there is -- every day we read the newspaper, but we don't realize how many things are behind the scenes going on, and I knew those kind of things. So to know there are people really, really trying hard with everything, especially in a country like Israel, I think it's great. I mean, you grew up as a person, you really for your country, make you more patriotic. You know that people really work hard for life to get better.

Q. Does everybody have to go in the Army, boys and girls?

TZIPORA OBZILER: Yes, unless you are orthodox religion. If you're a woman and you get married just after high school, you don't have to do it. And of course if you ill or you have some sort of injury, you don't have to do it.

Q. Why don't the orthodox have to go?

TZIPORA OBZILER: We don't want to go into politics now. That can take us a while. Other day maybe.

Q. How long from before you came back at 29 had you been away from playing?

TZIPORA OBZILER: Two years, yeah. Finished almost -- I played my last tournament was the Israeli National Championship. It was the beginning of December 2000. That's it.

Q. Why did you quit then?

TZIPORA OBZILER: I didn't like it so much. You really, really need a lot of -- I mean, to travel from Israel, you need a lot of money. I mean, every flight is a few hundred dollar at least. All the rest. It's really, really tough. So unless you get a little bit help and you do some, you make some, then you can continue. I think my ranking then was 149. Was a little bit injured in my shoulder. I said, "Okay, that's it."

Q. What is next for you now?

TZIPORA OBZILER: Flight tonight (smiling). I'm going home probably just for a week. I play some events in Europe. We'll see how it goes. Hopefully by the end of the year, I make the top hundred and just continue.

Q. It's matches like today that make you want to keep trying?

TZIPORA OBZILER: Yeah, of course. I love tennis. I mean, I love it. I mean, being over 31 and still being there for so many weeks a year, I mean, I love it. And, of course, it give you - how they say - like give you more appetite, these kind of matches. I just hope to continue with a good performance and stay healthy, that's for sure. For me, make it top hundred for sure.

Q. Were you eager to get out there and test yourself against the best in the world?

TZIPORA OBZILER: I think it's something that every player waits for. For me, it does. I mean, it is. I don't know for others. But, yeah, for sure. Just wanted to focus, you know. So many things around, the media, family calling from Israel, all the friends. I want to watch on TV, tickets, here and there, people excited, I'm excited. You really have to stay focused. I'm glad I'm 31, because this help you to handle these kind of things better, I guess. I'm glad I did it.

Q. Did you sense the crowd swelling for you?

TZIPORA OBZILER: Yeah, of course. I love it. I love it.

Q. Especially in New York.

TZIPORA OBZILER: For my character, I'm using the crowd. I mean, not "using," but it helps. I know some players don't like it, but for me, I take the best out of it. Some people say things I don't really want to listen, but what I hear, is good, I take it. It give me really good mood, pump me.

*Yoav*
Sep 6th, 2004, 12:02 AM
thx Oren :) :wavey:
well done Tzipi for a superb tournaments :worship: :clap2: :bigclap:

Meteor Shower
Sep 11th, 2004, 10:14 AM
thanks oren

why tzipi doesn't play WTA tournys?

Meteor Shower
Sep 15th, 2004, 09:42 AM
thanks oren

why tzipi doesn't play WTA tournys?

still waiting for answer :angel:

i wish she would play more, i'm sure she would have cracked the top 100 :(

anyone know what is her next turny?

PointBlank
Sep 15th, 2004, 11:32 PM
She doesnt play much professional because shes still not mentally ready I think..Hopefully shell try to qualify for Linz,Moscow,Phillidelphia,Quebec City,etc. and get top 100 so well see more of her

oren987
Sep 19th, 2004, 10:18 PM
Tzipi is in Italy :D She plays 50K tournament in Biella.
this is her draw:

Main Draw:

1 FEDAK Yuliana UKR vs. Q HRADECKA Lucie CZE
BIRNEROVA Eva CZE vs. O'DONOGHUE Jane GBR
Q JURAK Darija CRO vs. GARCIA Paula ESP
SESCIOREANU Delia ROM vs. 7 JUGIC-SALKIC Mervana BIH

4 RAZZANO Virginie FRA vs. WARTUSCH Patricia AUT
WC BRIANTI Alberta ITA vs. WC DISDERI Silvia ITA
TAMAELA Elise NED vs. Q MAROSI Katalin HUN
MULLER Martina GER vs. 5 ONDRASKOVA Zuzana CZE

8 CZINK Melinda HUN vs. KORYTTSEVA Mariya UKR
KUTI KIS Rita HUN vs. WC CANEPA Alice ITA
WC PRUSOVA Libuse CZE vs. GARCIA SOKOL Vanina ARG
NEMETH Virag HUN vs. 3 OBZILER Tzipora ISR

6 COHEN-ALORO Stephanie vs. GUBACSI Zsofia HUN
ROUSSEAU Capucine FRA vs. BEYGELZIMER Yulia UKR
JE KLEYBANOVA Alisa RUS vs. Q RUSSEGGER Petra AUT
SR PESCHKE Kveta CZE vs. 2 CERVANOVA Ludmila SVK

Good luck Tzipi :kiss:

*Yoav*
Sep 19th, 2004, 10:33 PM
Kadima Tzipi :D

oren987
Sep 21st, 2004, 09:26 PM
First round:

Obziler d. Nemeth 3-6 7-5 6-2 :D :worship:

Next Prusova

PointBlank
Sep 22nd, 2004, 03:14 PM
Her biggest test will be Fedak or Razzano

oren987
Sep 22nd, 2004, 10:25 PM
Her biggest test will be Fedak or Razzano
Fedak lost ;) and Tzipi won again :D

Tzipora Obziler def. Prusova Libuse 76(4) 64 :worship:

Next Kuti Kis

*Yoav*
Sep 23rd, 2004, 01:13 AM
great week for Tzipi so far (in doubles as well) :worship: :D

oren987
Sep 24th, 2004, 05:56 PM
QF - Tzipi is still winning :D

Obziler d. Kuti Kis 6-3 6-1 :worship: :kiss:

Next in the SF - Peschke

*Yoav*
Sep 24th, 2004, 07:00 PM
:woohoo:
next match will be very hard, i saw Kveta vs. Capriati at the RG this year and she played very well :scared:

Meteor Shower
Sep 25th, 2004, 06:31 PM
:woohoo:
next match will be very hard, i saw Kveta vs. Capriati at the RG this year and she played very well :scared:

and i saw the Tzipi vs. Justine at the Us Open this year and she played very well ;)

Good luck tzipi
גמר חתימה טובה לכולם

*Yoav*
Sep 25th, 2004, 07:08 PM
and i saw the Tzipi vs. Justine at the Us Open this year and she played very well ;)

Good luck tzipi
גמר חתימה טובה לכולם
Tzipi lost 46 16 :mad: :(
thanks Or, to you too and too everyone as well :wavey: :)

Meteor Shower
Sep 25th, 2004, 07:12 PM
thanks yoav

i still don't get that loss.. that PESCHKE must be really good..
anyway semifinal is good also
good luck in next turny!

Meteor Shower
Oct 22nd, 2004, 12:04 PM
well i'm back and saw she lost to PICHET, Virginie (FRA) 4-6 3-6 :( :( :( :sad:
served 4 aces and 3 df with 56%.

Tzipi if you want to break top 100 you gotta win this matches! Well, good luck in next turny (whenever will that be :rolleyes: ).

DevilishAttitude
Oct 23rd, 2004, 11:12 AM
Tzipora's playing in Luxembourg qualies this week and has just won over Yulia Fedossova 6-2 6-1 :)

Meteor Shower
Oct 30th, 2004, 08:03 PM
Looks like tzipi have a good chance on cracking top 100.

She is gonna play in MD of Quebec City (Good luck there).
Then in 15-22 Nov. 50K DEAUVILLE, France.
After that in 22-29 75K POITIERS, France (looks like she won't play in Raanana :( but i prefer that she will play in France for the points :) ).

Any one knows how many points does she has to defend?
I really hope not much, good luck cracking the top 100 tzipi!

Sugiyama=#1
Nov 11th, 2004, 02:32 AM
Around 16 points to defend. So She needs around 50 points to crack. Wont be easy though since she'll probably play at least up to SF in both 50K's, but I do hope she'll crack, GO Tzipi:).

CCCP1
Nov 27th, 2004, 02:49 AM
I hope she can somehow defend the points from australian open because otherwise she mite reitre

oren987
Nov 29th, 2004, 01:43 PM
I hope she can somehow defend the points from australian open because otherwise she mite reitre
Yes, I don't know what happend to her in the last faw tournaments :rolleyes: :(

I hope she will do well in Raanana (there is no place like home ;) )

YAHOO!!
Dec 17th, 2004, 01:01 AM
If she does not reach top 100 before Australian Open, I dont think she ever will.

Meteor Shower
Dec 17th, 2004, 11:27 AM
If she does not reach top 100 before Australian Open, I dont think she ever will.

:sad: Yes, it looks like it. Alot of points to defend on A.O :sad:
She has the skill to be top 100, she just need more luck :)

Shonami Slam
Jan 15th, 2005, 03:51 PM
tough draw... but it might prove worthy!
if Tzipi can take loit, which i think she should with her strong game, she might surprise a very unstable myskina. she has a reputation of losing strange matches, and Obzilers game fits into a category that myskina's game isn't very good againt.
if not - i think myskina will make it all the way to the semis, at least.
but first - take loit out!

Meteor Shower
Jan 29th, 2005, 03:23 PM
after taking loit out and losing to myskina in respectable but not enough match, tzipi now moves ahead to Pattaya, and it looks like this:

8-RUANO PASCUAL Virginia(ESP) vs OBZILER Tzipora(ISR)
WEINGARTNER Mariene(GER) vs WC-HINGIS Martina(SUI)
SERNA Magui(ESP) vs CZINK Melinda(HUN)
2-BARTOLI Marion(FRA) vs WC-DAMAYANTI Ayu Fanti(INA)

She can do something here.
Good luck.

P.S How many points does she have to defend the next two weeks, I wanna know if there are any chance to enter the top 100 finally.

Shonami Slam
Jan 29th, 2005, 04:05 PM
i think she didn't play last year after the AO for some time.
i remember something about returning to israel for a while.
anyway - she doesn't have points from either of the tournaments she is playing in these next two weeks:
the pattaya city open was not held last year, so she can't have points from there off course,
and as for hyderabad she didn't play it.
i checked the tokyo and gaz de france tournies too - she didn't play any of them.
she might have played on the ITF circuit
a 75,000$ tourny is held this week as well as two 25000$ one's
but i think that she had some rest.
so after all of this long checking -
i think she doesn't have points to defend in the next two weeks, and if so - they aren't much at all.

by the way - savarinsky lost 2nd round of a 50,000$ tounry this week, and is registered for qualies in the 75K ortisei in italy.
has shahar's attacl on the top 100 pulled the level of all israel's players up??
it could be really nice to have 3 top 100 players, and another in the top 200...
good luck to all the girls!

Meteor Shower
Jan 29th, 2005, 07:08 PM
Thanks. sound great :)

Yeah I followed Savransky, I think that was her biggest win of her career although she won only one set. Too bad she lost in the next round. :( Good luck in the 75k.

Good luck girls. :D

Meteor Shower
Feb 7th, 2005, 02:27 PM
1st round d. Lubomira KURHAJCOVA 6-2, 6-2 :D
2nd round vs. Jarmila GAJDOSOVA ? (she beat Shiho HISAMATSU 7-6(3), 3-6, 6-4 )

Great win tzipi! keep it up for the next round! :)

Shonami Slam
Feb 7th, 2005, 10:05 PM
another hyderabad QF showing?
i think she has a really good chance!

Oleh
Feb 7th, 2005, 10:31 PM
She can do it...I can't wait for the next victory! :yeah:

Shonami Slam
Feb 7th, 2005, 11:25 PM
Dominikovic is on good form. better than tzipi's? it's arguable.
the year hasn't had the best of starts of tzipora - winning just 3 matches in four tournaments. but one of them was over 47th ranked loit and what a win it was - 7-6 in the first set, the tie breaker won 13-11 (!!!)
in obziler's defence it must be said that 5 of her 6 matches were against top 100 players while evie had 4 matches against non-top100 winning three in a row.
she then won a match against maria sanchez lorenzo of spain, ranked 54 but lost to the last of the top100 bunch - tournament winner ana ivanovich.
another maria, santaneglo this time, was upset by her. makes you think what would happen should she meet sharapova...
obziler can take comfort that she's won a much harder match, while evie drew a LL.
this clash could have a big significance on obziler - winning it means another QF showing - first of the year. a loss might predict a bad 2005 season.
that said - she's still unbeaten this year by players below her ranking - and surely evie had some luck and morale on her side on the aussie circuit to get her just above obzi.
let's hope her luck runs out, as tzipi runs her around.
good luck!

Shonami Slam
Feb 8th, 2005, 12:02 AM
OMG :eek:
i was somehow SURE that evie has already won!:silly: :scratch:
i'm too tired. :cuckoo: :smash:

shirgan
Feb 8th, 2005, 04:39 AM
OMG :eek:
i was somehow SURE that evie has already won!:silly: :scratch:
i'm too tired. :cuckoo: :smash:
:lol:
she's supposed to win it anyway
if Hisamatsu wins it should be even easier

Shonami Slam
Feb 9th, 2005, 11:28 AM
tzipi won, tzipi won - la la la la la la!
easily too easily too ha ha ha ha ha ha!
(tennis reflects my life. it's so sad. win my players win - my day is way better, when all of them lose, i get depressed. but not today!)
la la la la

shirgan
Feb 9th, 2005, 03:56 PM
Yofi Tzipi :)

Shonami Slam
Feb 9th, 2005, 05:46 PM
it was hard to miss out the Indian native Sania Mirza in these last few weeks...
After rising star Na Li didn't need a WC to enter the MD open due to her good enough rankings, Mirza packed her bags and debuted in her first Grand Slam ranked 166 as the Asian WC. luckily - her draw saw her meeting another WC, aussie's own Cindy Maree Watson ranked 285 in the world.
mirza, who hasn't won a WTAtour match to that point - took it in an inspiring three setter, after losing 36 in the first, the bounced to take the third to love.
but Mirza proved it was no fluke - winning a great match against 84th ranked petra mandula of hungaria. heads start turning, rightfully, as Sania recorded the first ever 3rd round of an indian player. but the next hurdle proved too strong - no other than former world #1 and eventual champion - Serena Williams. at first sania must have felt the sheer awe of playing one of the era's giants, but in the next set she found her pace, and lost only 64.
still, for sania and all of india - this AO was well worth it.
prior to the open, mirza played only one tournament this year - hobart and lost in second round of qualifying.
this tournament is another first for mirza - first WTAtour win. she has played 4 WTA MD tournaments, but her best was a three set loss to obzilers 2nd round opponent - evie dominikovic.
Obziler proved at this AO that she is a real grand slam dark-horse, upsetting loit and giving myskina quite some trouble.
but in the WTAtour, she has done less in the meantime.
this QF might have come off having been inspired by her countrywomen shahar peer, that started collabarating with Obziler in the doubles, where they lost thier first match, none the less, it might be pushing obziler harder to retake her position as the second best israeli on tour, after smashnova. hopefully - this battle of friends will lead them both into the top 100 shortly.
and speaking of top 100, Tzipi has a slight shot at it this week, should she reach the final bieng 39.75 points from a part of the worlds best.
Sania will be using her hard hitting to the max. tzipi will have to power her way, as well as hit enough winners.
sania played a very good match against 4th seeded Zheng, so Tzipi will have to focus and play hard.
winning will give both women thier first semi-final showing.
let's pray tzipi will be the one to shine at the end of the encounter.

good luck!

Meteor Shower
Feb 10th, 2005, 03:28 PM
Tzipi lost :( 6-4 3-6 6-7(5)
Dissapointing but I am very impressed. Didn't expect Tzipi to pull up sight a fight :) too bad she lost :sad: but I hope it will give her confident for the next turnys and I won't she won't get down on herself like after the loss against HH. :)

Oleh
Feb 10th, 2005, 08:35 PM
If a loss can be a god one...I'd say thats a good one just because of how close it was...wow what a game!
Good on you Tzipi for putting up such a fight, and better luck next time.:)

Shonami Slam
Feb 11th, 2005, 03:03 PM
yeah - good match!
dissapointing, but really good.
i hope she will gain confidence to brush aside higher ranked girls that she really is way better than.

Shonami Slam
Mar 21st, 2005, 01:31 PM
miami qualification - plays megui serna (119th) first round.
tough one...
goog luck!

Meteor Shower
Mar 21st, 2005, 05:20 PM
Tzipi lost 5-7 4-6.
Really bad loss, she had so many chances.
Oh well thats tennis.. better luck net time!

Shonami Slam
Apr 2nd, 2005, 10:27 PM
tzipi beat claudine schual 3-6 7-5 6-2 includin 2 match points saved.
good fighting! 100% spirit there.
hope she can make the MD

Meteor Shower
Apr 3rd, 2005, 06:17 PM
Tzipi won 2-6 6-2 6-3 vs. Fedak in Q2
long match that gave me many heartattacks
so many chances for Fedak but tzipi won most of the big points :) :D good luck in MD

(Statictics: 42 winners 35 UE 3 Aces 100 points for tzipi)

Shonami Slam
Apr 3rd, 2005, 06:53 PM
let's hope for a good draw~!!!~~~~~
nice win, some points back from the 39.5 lost!

Meteor Shower
Apr 30th, 2005, 03:35 PM
Tzipi in Q - Berlin

1st round d. Bachmann 1-6 6-3 7-5 :o :D
2nd round vs. Haynes (4th seed)

quite an emberassing win for tzipi, but she showed great fighting spirit coming back from 1-4* and 3-5 in the last set and coming back from 1-6 in the first set to take the second. very nervie match and quite fun to follow. how come all tzipi matches are so long and so decisive in the 3rd set?
good luck tzipi in the next round, but you'll have to play better if you want to win against Haynes.

Shonami Slam
Apr 30th, 2005, 07:16 PM
good luck to her - haynes is a tricky question.
plz, i just want her to reach the top100 for so long now!
qualify, win a match, just... get closer!

Meteor Shower
May 1st, 2005, 12:49 PM
Tzipi in Q - Berlin

2nd round vs. Haynes (4th seed)

quite an emberassing win for tzipi, but she showed great fighting spirit coming back from 1-4* and 3-5 in the last set and coming back from 1-6 in the first set to take the second. very nervie match and quite fun to follow. how come all tzipi matches are so long and so decisive in the 3rd set?
good luck tzipi in the next round, but you'll have to play better if you want to win against Haynes.

2nd round d. Haynes (4th seed) 6-0 6-3 :bounce: :drool:

great win tzipi! loved the bagel :drool: ;)
lets hope for a good MD draw, what are her options?
good luck in MD! :bounce:

Shonami Slam
May 1st, 2005, 05:34 PM
her options -
Sucha - YES PLEASE!
kim :rolleyes: she can return that bagel, but i think kim's gunna withdraw.
jankovic - she's tougher on fast courts but hell she's fast!!!!
conchita martinez. shit.
Medina-Garrigues - it depends on how tzipi is playing and if she can really use that amazing serve&winner alla kuznetsova, and other of her top-class weapons.
Daniilidou - good draw. upset if eleni plays in her regular form of the last 20 minths or so.
Shaughnessy - can be tricky, once again it depends - but this time it's mostly on how meghann is serving and running.
Craybas - she played so well against safina, yet she can play so crappy against anyone, so - you never know. the clay favors craybas better IMO.

there you have it.

Meteor Shower
May 1st, 2005, 06:42 PM
against Jelena :mad: :rolleyes:

tzipi is gonna get kickedass :o unless jelena will get into another slump :sad: :( (maybe just for this match??)
good luck Jelena in your next round.. and tzipi in next turny (I'm optimistic today I know.. ;) )

Shonami Slam
May 1st, 2005, 08:52 PM
well, she had 12.5 % for an easy win, 25% possible win, another 25 for a tough match, and the rest (37.5) was damn shit.
so, overall she's statistically fucked up to draw jelena, but a draw is a draw, and at least she's getting some good bucks, an upprtunity to play the best of players - and she plays well against them at times (henin, nastya, mirza and so on) so i'll be hoping to see a three setter at least, maybe she has enough experience to outwit jelena on clay, but it's most likely to be a wish-wash.

shirgan
May 2nd, 2005, 06:25 AM
A pic of Tzipi from the german-open (not 100% sure it's her but I'm pretty sure):

http://akstra.de/pics/galerien/germanopen/sonntag/images/IMG_0438.jpg

Shonami Slam
May 2nd, 2005, 09:28 AM
it's her alright.
the clarissa fernandez style and that unique shirt.
good luck!

Meteor Shower
May 2nd, 2005, 11:49 AM
another tzipi pictures

http://www.********/conpresso/Galerie/01052005/MS_01052005_Obziler_Tzipora_IMG_9782.jpg
http://tinypic.com/4sfv9t

Shonami Slam
May 2nd, 2005, 05:17 PM
wow, tzipi slicing :o
she might just win her match, ya know?

Meteor Shower
May 2nd, 2005, 06:16 PM
wow, tzipi slicing :o
she might just win her match, ya know?

:lol: probably at the net trying to volley..
god I had a tennis practice today lost 3 points like that! I can't volley at my backhand :fiery: :mad:
but being in the net against Jelena is quite a good option.. she has the days when she got amazing lobs and passes and days that... :tape: although her approach shot will have to be good!

I don't know.. tzipi usually hate to play against her type of players, and Jelena quite fit into that category, she is like a better version of tzipi so the odds are coming down and down.. :(

feeling better gil?

Shonami Slam
May 2nd, 2005, 09:49 PM
:lol: probably at the net trying to volley..
god I had a tennis practice today lost 3 points like that! I can't volley at my backhand :fiery: :mad:
but being in the net against Jelena is quite a good option.. she has the days when she got amazing lobs and passes and days that... :tape: although her approach shot will have to be good!

I don't know.. tzipi usually hate to play against her type of players, and Jelena quite fit into that category, she is like a better version of tzipi so the odds are coming down and down.. :(

feeling better gil?

actually, yeah - still a dreadful headache and my stomache still hurts - but i stopped vomiting every 5 minutes.

she CAN go up to the net, but with jelena's amazing down-the-line, she has to be very clever in what she volleys and where.
jelena is just so fast, but she tires up at times - lovely girl, smiles and enjoys her tennis. she isn't the type of player tzipi would like to have met, but it's a chance for her, and should she take it - she'll be very pleased with herself.
she should hit some short balls, jelena sometimes gets mixed up with those (kinda like kuznetsova against justine). she really has to serve well, that's the main key because jelena likes to go for her game - and if she can, she'll try to hit a winner. tzipi can't give her too many oppurtunities.

Meteor Shower
Jun 3rd, 2005, 05:55 PM
Tzipi. Raanana. Impressive. Title.
Good luck!

http://wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=5540877&postcount=64

Shonami Slam
Jun 4th, 2005, 12:03 PM
:)
nice motivational boost before the grass court season.
doubles, singles a streak of wins.

shirgan
Jun 29th, 2005, 07:20 AM
Tzipi entered the main draw of the
$50K Los Gatos/San Jose,CA tournament
she will play a qualifyer in the first round:

(Q)Theresa Logar vs. (4)Tzipora Obziler

shirgan
Jun 30th, 2005, 06:11 AM
Tzipi won in the first round matches both in singles and in doubles :yeah:

Tzipora Obziler ISR [4] def. Theresa Logar USA [Q]: 6-2 6-1
Tzipora Obziler ISR [3]/Anastassia Rodionova RUS [3] def. Maria-Jose Argeri ARG/Leticia Sobral BRA: 6-1 4-6 6-2

shirgan
Jun 30th, 2005, 06:15 AM
Second round matches expected for Tzipi:

(4) Tzipora OBZILER (ISR) vs. Maria-Jose ARGERI (ARG)

(3) OBZILER Tzipora/RODIONOVA Anastassia (ISR/RUS) vs. (Q) DEVIDZE Salome/LUZHANSKA Tetiana (GEO/UKR)

good luck :yeah:

Mitzi
Jun 30th, 2005, 08:34 AM
Thanks for the updates! :) I didn't even know Tzipi was playing this week

btw Rodionova didn't reach the Wimbledon''s mixed doubles final with Andy Ram two years ago?

shirgan
Jun 30th, 2005, 09:22 AM
Thanks for the updates! :) I didn't even know Tzipi was playing this week

btw Rodionova didn't reach the Wimbledon''s mixed doubles final with Andy Ram two years ago?
Yes,
They reached the final at 2003
and the R16 at 2004

Meteor Shower
Jun 30th, 2005, 11:28 AM
thanks

go tzipi :) should get far here, but you never know with her :o

Shonami Slam
Jun 30th, 2005, 11:51 AM
inconsisnency is a bitch.

shirgan
Jul 1st, 2005, 04:11 AM
Tzipi won :)

Tzipora Obziler (4), Israel, def. Maria-Jose Argeri, Argentina, 6-2, 6-0.

shirgan
Jul 1st, 2005, 04:18 AM
in the quarter finals she will play Monique Adamczak from Australia ranked 308

Meteor Shower
Jul 1st, 2005, 08:36 AM
tzipi :D good luck vs. Adamczak

Shonami Slam
Jul 1st, 2005, 11:12 AM
nice tzipi :)
another round that SHOULD be in you pocket.
she's much faster, stronger and experienced.

shirgan
Jul 2nd, 2005, 07:16 AM
Monique Adamczak apparently was injured during her doubles match
and as a consequence Tzipi reached the emi-finals with a walk over
Too bad because I think Tzipi could have beaten Adamczak quite easily. Now she will miss out on the additional quality point.

Next up tzipi will play Lindsay Lee-Waters in the semis :scared:

It's should be difficult but not impossible for Tzipi to win
good luck :yeah:

shirgan
Jul 2nd, 2005, 07:23 AM
Tzipi also won her doubles match :yeah: :

(3) OBZILER Tzipora/RODIONOVA Anastassia (ISR/RUS) def. (Q) DEVIDZE Salome/LUZHANSKA Tetiana (GEO/UKR) 62 60 :eek: :)

and in the semis will play against the number one seeds Teryn Ashley and Carly Gullickson of the US

Meteor Shower
Jul 2nd, 2005, 09:15 AM
Tzipi :) Lindsay :) Tzipi/Nastya :)

good luck vs. Lindsay :) she is a bit off form so I expect tzipi to win.

Mitzi
Jul 2nd, 2005, 09:38 AM
Thanks for the updates :)

shirgan
Jul 3rd, 2005, 07:13 AM
Tzipi lost in both SFs (doubles and singles)

Next week she is supposed to be in another 50K

Shonami Slam
Jul 3rd, 2005, 09:04 AM
:sad:
too bad.

shirgan
Jul 7th, 2005, 02:36 AM
This wek Tzipi plays in the 50K College Park tournament

First round results:

Tzipora Obziler ISR [5] def. Haidy El Tabakh CAN [LL]: 6-3 6-4
Dubois/Obziler def. (1)Ashley/Ditty 63 75

Next round she will play Tomoko Dokei a lucky loser from Japan
and in doubles she will play the pairing of Kim/Takase (Kor/Jpn)

shirgan
Jul 8th, 2005, 02:45 AM
second round result:

Tzipora Obziler (ISR) d. Tomoko Dokei (JPN) 6-1 6-0

in QFs for the first time in this tournament things are becoming a bit tough.
Tzipi Plays Camille Pin of France

Good Luck :yeah:

shirgan
Jul 9th, 2005, 02:43 AM
QFs:

Camille Pin (FRA) d. Tzipora Obziler (ISR) 63 63 :bigcry:

Dubois/Obziler def. Kim/Takase 64 36 75

shirgan
Jul 10th, 2005, 06:46 AM
SFs:
Maria Argeri/Leticia Sobral def. Tzipora Obziler/Stephanie Dubois 2-6 6-2 6-3

Meteor Shower
Jul 10th, 2005, 11:29 AM
Tzipi :sad: bad loss..
Obzilers :( very bad loss..

shirgan
Jul 10th, 2005, 02:42 PM
Tzipi :sad: bad loss..
Obzilers :( very bad loss..

I didn't notice.. I just copy pasted it from the challengers forum ... I'll cahnge it now

Makkabi
Jul 18th, 2005, 06:28 AM
When will Obziler playing next tourny?

Tennis_Passion
Aug 1st, 2005, 12:34 AM
I wanna know too...I'm stil crossing my finers for her to reach top 100.

shirgan
Aug 1st, 2005, 06:41 AM
I think I read somewhere she's going to start playing again only at the U.S. open where she has quite a lot of points to defend - 78 to be exact
So even though I really want her to reach top 100 too it's going to be quite hard in the coming month.

Makkabi
Aug 12th, 2005, 03:16 PM
When will Tzipi playing the next tourny?

shirgan
Aug 12th, 2005, 05:15 PM
When will Tzipi playing the next tourny?
At the U.S. open

Shonami Slam
Aug 12th, 2005, 05:29 PM
hopefully she's qualify and reach third round :haha: :lol:

Makkabi
Aug 12th, 2005, 06:24 PM
Goodluck Obziler :)

Makkabi
Aug 12th, 2005, 06:24 PM
@ shirgan - thanks :)

Shonami Slam
Aug 20th, 2005, 10:23 AM
Obziler doing the Asian circuit after USopen in kalkuta India MD Guangzhou Quallies and probably Tashkent MD as well. possible Thailand open Quallies.
hopefully she'll improve on her career best QF showings in one of them, and if she can grab one of the titles somehow i'll be damned happy.

Shonami Slam
Aug 23rd, 2005, 01:03 AM
tzipi plays south african natalie grandin in the first round of thre qualification rounds for the last grand slam of the year.

Mitzi
Aug 23rd, 2005, 10:52 AM
Tzipi is seeded 13 in the qualifying draw :D

Meteor Shower
Aug 23rd, 2005, 10:54 AM
Ooh the draw it out already?
*go check*
go qualify tzipi! :D

Mitzi
Aug 23rd, 2005, 10:13 PM
The qualifying draw:

http://www.usopen.org/en_US/scores/draws/us/r1s4.html

Shonami Slam
Aug 24th, 2005, 12:44 AM
Tzipi lost 6-1 6-4.
hopeless.

Makkabi
Aug 24th, 2005, 08:42 AM
oh no...

Mitzi
Aug 24th, 2005, 08:56 AM
Tzipi :sad:

Shonami Slam
Aug 24th, 2005, 10:38 AM
I guess Savransky's my only hope for 3 Israelis in GS MD.
I always thought the US was Tzipi's strongest <shrug>.
one crazy woman.

Meteor Shower
Aug 24th, 2005, 11:44 AM
:sad: :sad:
Tzipi - Grandin matchup is not a good one for tzipi, it was a little bit predictable,
specially with tzipi's warm-up turnaments, or lack of them.

I think tzipi is actually my favourite israeli.

Makkabi
Sep 14th, 2005, 03:39 PM
Her ranking is now 145... no good... dropped from 117 to 145 :(

Shonami Slam
Sep 15th, 2005, 09:32 AM
tzipi won her first round in Bordeaux against Elise Tamaela 36 64 62 (ranked 155) and now plays Skavronskaia (205).
she should win it. they played once and tzip crushed her love and three.

Shonami Slam
Sep 15th, 2005, 12:32 PM
when it comes to first round (round of 32) tzip justmaybe the most threatning player never to reach top100, when it comes to second round, she just may be the most annoying player to root for.
Lioudmila Skavronskaia d. Tzipora Obziler 16 75 75
hopelessly inconsistent, depressing stuff.

Meteor Shower
Sep 27th, 2005, 01:44 PM
WTA Tour win for tzipi :woohoo:

6-3 6-4 :D
next up against.. I have no idea :o

Shonami Slam
Sep 28th, 2005, 11:06 AM
Asia has highlighted Tzipi's career - and this week might be another one worth mentioning.
she may not have played as well as we would like against a player ranked outside the top500, but still - a win is a win and if she can get it together she might upset Shuai Peng, the local favorite and #2 seed.
She has the gunpower to do so, she probably has the best chance from the Israelis at beating players of Shuai's kind (deep and powerful blows non-stop. we know as a fact that anna can't handle that sort of consistency, and Shahar still hasn't adapted a game for troubling players like that for long enough before they read her).
It can be a good three setter and possible huger upset, it can be over by less than an hour with peng delighting the crowd.
good luck tzip. exploit that double hander!

Shonami Slam
Sep 29th, 2005, 09:44 AM
a good fight from Tzip wasn't enough - but she did prove that she can mostly contain the power-plays.
4-6 4-6.
good luck next week.

Meteor Shower
Sep 29th, 2005, 12:12 PM
got broken at 4-4 twice :( too bad :sad:
good luck next week tzipi!

Mitzi
Oct 3rd, 2005, 08:44 PM
Tzipi at main draw in Tashkent. She'll play the 8th seed Mara Santangelo in the 1st round.

Mitzi
Oct 5th, 2005, 12:27 PM
Tashkent 1st round:
Tzipora Obziler (ISR) d. (8) Mara Santangelo (ITA) 76(1) 36 75 :banana:

Shonami Slam
Oct 5th, 2005, 10:41 PM
Well done - I'm very suprised.
not only from the win - but the scoreline - she had two very tight sets and she DIDNT lose them!
very encouraging signs towards the end of the year. too bad she couldn't string this tourny and hyderabad to the two 2rd of 04.

Meteor Shower
Oct 6th, 2005, 04:36 PM
tzipi lost :sad: so did shahar.

a bit annoying

Shonami Slam
Jan 1st, 2006, 04:36 AM
Obziler defeated Meusburger 7-6 4-6 6-4 and qualifies for the tourny
but i don't know if we should start a new thread :confused:

Shonami Slam
Jan 1st, 2006, 04:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shonami Slam
thanks almalyk - can you give us some discriptions of the tzipi match?
she's mental did she start yelling at the crowd and mumbling ?
crazy woman - she scares me.

LOL!!!

Well I only arrived after set 1 was complete! And your observations are quite correct - she did go mental, often!

She was up 4-2 in the second set and lost four games in a row... She told the umpire that she was one of the worst that she had ever encountered and that she was crap. I was sitting on by the baseline and every close call resulted in arguments. At one stage it looked liek she wasn't going to play on.

The funniest was when she played 2 drop shots in a row, and Yvonne got to both - she screamed so loud, and stuck her fingers in her mouth to indicate wanting to vomit

But she was happy at the end - it was a long match on a hot day - and she even shook the umpires hand and smiled

Shonami Slam
Jan 2nd, 2006, 09:53 PM
another small report i got from one of the kiwis -
obziler was behind 0-5 in yesterdats last round of qualifying.. you should have heard the language!!!! but she managed to peel off 7 games in a row - lucky for the umpire i guess!!

Meteor Shower
Jan 2nd, 2006, 10:17 PM
lol :lol:
there were no swearing at Raanana Semi-final & final in single
and in final at the doubles
and she had many reasons to swear in the semi-single and final-double match ;)
wierd.. maybe she is more calm in Israel :lol:

Meteor Shower
Jan 4th, 2006, 01:19 PM
Things were not so bright for two other seeds, namely Likhovtseva and Srebotnik, who were both sent packing in straight sets. Likhovtseva, the No.3 seed, fell to big-hitting German baseliner Julia Schruff 75 76(4), while Srebotnik, the No.5 seed and defending champion, fell 63 64 to feisty Israeli qualifier Tzipora Obziler.

"I think especially with this kind of weather and first matches of the year it takes a little bit longer to adjust and for me it helped," said Obziler, who acclimated to the conditions through three qualifying matches before reaching the main draw.

Next round vs. Daniela Hantuchova
Kadima! :D

shirgan
Jan 4th, 2006, 07:47 PM
Things were not so bright for two other seeds, namely Likhovtseva and Srebotnik, who were both sent packing in straight sets. Likhovtseva, the No.3 seed, fell to big-hitting German baseliner Julia Schruff 75 76(4), while Srebotnik, the No.5 seed and defending champion, fell 63 64 to feisty Israeli qualifier Tzipora Obziler.

"I think especially with this kind of weather and first matches of the year it takes a little bit longer to adjust and for me it helped," said Obziler, who acclimated to the conditions through three qualifying matches before reaching the main draw.

Next round vs. Daniela Hantuchova
Kadima! :D
The complete report is in here:

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/488121/645550

Shonami Slam
Jan 4th, 2006, 08:11 PM
lol :lol:
there were no swearing at Raanana Semi-final & final in single
and in final at the doubles
and she had many reasons to swear in the semi-single and final-double match ;)
wierd.. maybe she is more calm in Israel :lol:

she was VERY pissed and bitter in Ra'anana final. maybe you mean the Israeli championships ;)
she's not a good sport when losing, but she's fun.
evryone that talks about her claims she's bitchy on court, and i really agree.

Meteor Shower
Jan 5th, 2006, 01:28 PM
Tzipi lost a thriller 5-7 6-3 5-7
She had 4 SP in the first set
and was leading 5*-4 30-0 in the third
so it was nice to know she had chances over top20, still would be nicer if she won it ;) :sad:

Shonami Slam
Jan 5th, 2006, 02:05 PM
dissapointing - so close - to a win over a top20 player, to a SF.
very depressing.

FlushingMeadows
Jan 5th, 2006, 04:59 PM
dissapointing - so close - to a win over a top20 player, to a SF.
very depressing.
Don't be so depressed, Shonami. A good run to start the year for Tzipi.

King Aaron
Jan 5th, 2006, 05:28 PM
Tzipi did very very well in Auckland. I'm surprised. :yeah: Good job, she had her chances against Hantuchova, good tournament nonetheless. :)

Meteor Shower
Jan 16th, 2006, 04:22 PM
Tzipi qualified to the MD :D
but lost a very winnable match with lots of chances :(

down to 125, but I don't think she has many points to defend any time soon. am I right?

lets break the top 100,tzipi :D :)

shirgan
Feb 28th, 2006, 06:29 AM
Tzipi will play the in main draw of the $75K Las Vegas tourney

First round match will be against Claudine Schaul (LUX)

Good luck

shirgan
Mar 1st, 2006, 09:41 PM
Tzipi lost in the first round :(

Claudine Schaul def Tzipora Obziler 6:1 3:6 6:4

shirgan
Mar 2nd, 2006, 08:33 AM
in doubles:

Obziler/Savransky def. Dekmeuere/Woerle 63 62

shirgan
Mar 2nd, 2006, 12:47 PM
Next up in doubles:
QF:
Obziler/Savransky vs. (4) Ditty/Sequera (USA/VEN)

shirgan
Mar 3rd, 2006, 09:57 AM
doubles QF match:

4-Ditty/Sequera def LL-Obziler/Savransky 60 64

neospecialist
Apr 5th, 2006, 12:51 AM
Obziler wins in first round at Dinan- 6-2 6-1.

shirgan
Jun 20th, 2006, 05:12 PM
Tzipi lost to Shikha Uberoi 6-4 6-4 at the first round of qualies in wimbledon :sad:

Meteor Shower
Jun 20th, 2006, 05:56 PM
Argh tzipi... she is in a bad slump :o

shirgan
Jun 20th, 2006, 07:29 PM
Apparently Tzipi is playing in Doubles qualifying with Romina Oprandi :)
She plays tomorrow, good luck :yeah:

Tzipi Obziler (ISR)/Romina Oprandi (ITA) vs Lilia Osterloh (USA)[7]/Asha Rolle (USA)[7]

shirgan
Jun 21st, 2006, 05:43 PM
Tzipi lost in doubles qualies too :(

Lilia Osterloh/Asha Rolle (USA)[7] def Tzipi Obziler/Romina Oprandi (ISR/ITA) 6-1 7-6(3)

shirgan
Jul 9th, 2006, 07:23 AM
Tzipi is soon to have a sharp drop in her rankings and get to #180 :sad:
she will still be the third best-ranked Israeli player, but she will not be far away from Yevgenia which is expected to get to #189 tomorrow, and will get even more points in next week's rankings for her success in Gernany this week...

Gogoman
Aug 7th, 2006, 01:52 AM
Tzipi won Washington! (75K!!!)

75 25 Ret.

55 points. Should take her to around 140

Makkabi
Aug 7th, 2006, 05:07 AM
^^
:bounce:

Meteor Shower
Aug 7th, 2006, 08:51 AM
:woohoo: :D :)

shirgan
Aug 7th, 2006, 09:23 AM

King Aaron
Aug 7th, 2006, 05:23 PM
Congratulations to Tzipi. It's really great to see her still playing at her age and winning too! :)

shirgan
Aug 8th, 2006, 08:32 AM
http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1154525826666&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull

Obziler reaches new peak of success
By ALLON SINAI

Tzipi Obziler won the biggest tournament of her career on Sunday after her opponent Frenchwoman Camille Pin retired in the second set of the Legg Mason Tennis Classic final in Washington, DC.

With the victory in the $75,000 ITF tournament, the 33-year-old climbed 44 spots in the WTA rankings and is now No. 139 in the world.

"I had a very tough week that ended very well," Obziler said after the win. "This is a result of all the preparation I did before coming here."

Obziler began the match poorly and trailed Pin 5-3 in the first set before battling back to win four consecutive games to take the set 7-5.

The second set developed in a similar way to the first as the Frenchwoman once again opened a promising lead. Pin seemed to be on her way to levelling the match at a set apiece as she took a 5-2 lead, but a groin strain in the eighth game forced her to retire and handed Obziler the title.

As well as soaring up the rankings, Obziler also takes home $11,400 for her efforts in Washington.

nouf
Aug 16th, 2006, 08:28 AM
http://img143.imagevenue.com/loc365/th_25468_Tzipora_Obzile1_365lo.jpg (http://img143.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=25468_Tzipora_Obzile1_365lo.jpg) http://img147.imagevenue.com/loc319/th_25473_Tzipora_Obzile2_319lo.jpg (http://img147.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=25473_Tzipora_Obzile2_319lo.jpg)

neospecialist
Sep 16th, 2006, 08:04 PM
Can Obziler get to the second round in the Sunfeast Open in India?

neospecialist
Sep 18th, 2006, 01:49 PM
Obziler wins first round at Kolkata 6-2 6-3 over Beygelzimer!!

The Jabberwock
Sep 18th, 2006, 08:41 PM
Today, Obziler defeated Yulia Beygelzimer of the Ukraine and reached the ...

More than two years passed since this thread started. Yet, the first sentence is still accurate...

:worship: :worship: :worship:

Good luck Tzipi!

shirgan
Sep 19th, 2006, 04:39 AM
More than two years passed since this thread started. Yet, the first sentence is still accurate...

:worship: :worship: :worship:

Good luck Tzipi!

:lol: :eek:

Meteor Shower
Sep 19th, 2006, 11:34 AM
Well spotted :)
Good luck vs. Hingis. try to win a few games :scared: :o

Shonami Slam
Sep 19th, 2006, 04:56 PM
so close to top100, yet so far...

shirgan
Sep 26th, 2006, 05:22 AM
in first round of Tier III Guangzhou International Women's Open:

Tzipora Obziler (ISR) d. Aniko Kapros (HUN) 62 60

Shonami Slam
Sep 26th, 2006, 02:16 PM
QF won't be enough for top100, as usual :O
perhaps a win? :lol:
try your besttzip!

shirgan
Sep 28th, 2006, 05:06 AM
next up against 7th seed Vesnina (ranked 51 in the world).. good luck!

shirgan
Sep 28th, 2006, 11:52 AM
Tzipi won 4-6 6-3 6-3 :)

in the QF she will play either Na Li or Tiantian Sun

neospecialist
Sep 28th, 2006, 01:37 PM
Is this the highest rated player(Vesnina) that she has ever beaten?

shirgan
Sep 28th, 2006, 01:41 PM
Tzipi will play Na Li in QFs :scared:

shirgan
Sep 28th, 2006, 03:02 PM
Is this the highest rated player(Vesnina) that she has ever beaten?
dunno :shrug:

don't think there are any availabe (online) records on that
only probably at the wta itself.
If this is a record win this might be mentioned in their daily reports at the official site

geri234
Sep 29th, 2006, 09:27 AM
Tzipora beat Na Li 6-3 6-2!!!

This is a great surprise! :worship:

Good luck in the SF!

Meteor Shower
Sep 29th, 2006, 09:28 AM
:worship: great stuff tzipi! first WTA SF!

shirgan
Sep 29th, 2006, 10:40 AM
if she reaches the final she will get to the top 100 I think :)

FlushingMeadows
Sep 29th, 2006, 02:32 PM
OMG. I do not believe this result, especially in China. Congratulations, Tzipi.

shirgan
Sep 29th, 2006, 09:44 PM
http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/newsroom/?contentid=842

Li, seeded No.2 and a 2004 champion here, wasn't so lucky earlier on, stumbling at the quarterfinal hurdle for the second consecutive year with a 63 62 loss to Tzipora Obziler. The unseeded Israeli was coming off an upset of No.7 seed Elena Vesnina, but her win over Li came as a bigger shock, seeing as she had been 0-5 lifetime against Top 20 players coming into the one-hour, three-minute match.

"This was my best win," Obziler said. "I'd never seen her play before so I didn't know what to expect. I think we both made a lot of mistakes, but I managed to stay in the points longer than her. That was the key to the match. She had a lot of expectations, playing in front of her home crowd. I am very happy to reach the semifinals here."

shirgan
Sep 30th, 2006, 05:20 AM
it's strange that in her entire career
Tzipi only played top 20 players 5 times (now 6)

shirgan
Sep 30th, 2006, 01:32 PM
(4) Anabel Medina Garrigues (ESP) d. Tzipora Obziler (ISR) 75 26 64 :(

shirgan
Sep 30th, 2006, 07:38 PM
http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/newsroom/?contentid=849

Medina Garrigues, seeded No.4 at the Tier III event, toughed out a tight opening set and regathered herself after a disastrous middle set to beat unseeded Israeli veteran Tzipora Obziler, 75 26 64. Obziler pulled off what was at the time the biggest upset of the tournament, ousting No.2 seed Li Na in the quarterfinals, and was playing her first Sony Ericsson WTA Tour semifinal. But Medina Garrigues hung tough, grinding it out with her trademark tenacity from the baseline and laser-sharp backhand.

"It was a really tough match today," the Spaniard declared after the match, her first time playing Obziler. "She was a tough opponent and played really well. I had a tough time in the opening set, but managed to win. Then, she came back strong in the second set. After the heat break I was able to come back and take the third and the match.

shirgan
Oct 2nd, 2006, 09:24 AM
Not yet in the top-100s but still new career high-rank record: 105

Shonami Slam
Oct 2nd, 2006, 11:42 PM
dear god - make it 99, pleaaaaaaaase.

shirgan
Oct 3rd, 2006, 02:19 AM
dear god - make it 99, pleaaaaaaaase.

Randy H
Oct 3rd, 2006, 03:25 AM
Nice to see Tzipi getting some strong results again after a quiet middle part of the season - Shame she missed out on 50k Troy this week (probably tired, especially making the trip from China back to USA), but I definitely think if she keeps up her focus and form she can get the points needed to crack top 100 by year end at the next couple events! I got a chance to see her play in Montreal in August and she was playing very solid tennis :)

Good luck Tzipi! :D

shirgan
Oct 10th, 2006, 05:13 AM
Tzipi is playing at the 50k California tournament, seeded 3rd

her quarter:

8 Fernandez v Blahotova
Brandi v Q/LL
Tedjakusuma v Ospina
Castellvi v 3 Obziler

shirgan
Oct 12th, 2006, 06:24 AM
Castellvi d Obziler 75 75

neospecialist
Oct 20th, 2006, 03:57 PM
Obziler into the quarter-finals in Houston with a 6-1 6-2 victory over Lauren Albanese.

shirgan
Oct 20th, 2006, 04:00 PM
Good luck

neospecialist
Oct 21st, 2006, 03:09 PM
Obziler is the highest seed of the 4 remaining semi-finalists in Houston

shirgan
Oct 22nd, 2006, 11:56 AM
Tzipi lost in the semis to Agnes Szavay 6-4 6-4

Makkabi
Oct 24th, 2006, 07:09 AM
Tzipora is now ranked 108 :)

shirgan
Nov 13th, 2006, 06:39 PM
Tzipi playing at the 50k Deauville tournament in France

1st round doubles:
Disderi/Obziler (ITA/ISR) def. (3)Bychkova/Yakimova (RUS/BLR) 6/3 7/5

in 1st round singles she will play the 6th seed Alberta Brianti from Italy.

shirgan
Nov 14th, 2006, 06:21 PM
(6)Alberta Brianti ITA def. Tzipora Obziler ISR 7/5 6/4 :sad:

QF doubles will be played tomorrow:

(wc)Benamar/Vedy (FRA) vs. Disderi/Obziler (ITA/ISR)

shirgan
Nov 15th, 2006, 09:54 PM
Tzipi is in the doubles SF:

Disderi/Obziler (ITA/ISR) def. (wc)Benamar/Vedy (FRA) 6/4 6/1

next she will play (2) Cohen-Aloro/Sfar (FRA/TUN)

shirgan
Nov 17th, 2006, 05:42 PM
Tzipi is in the Final of the doubles event

Disderi/Obziler def. Cohen Aloro/Sfar 22 ret.

In the final she will play against Beygelzimer/Fedak

Good Luck :)

shirgan
Nov 20th, 2006, 03:34 AM
Tzipi lost in the doubles final

Beygelzimer/Fedak def. Disderi/Obziler 7/5 6/4

Sooooo close..

shirgan
Jan 4th, 2007, 06:02 PM
Tzipi is playing in the qualies of the tier IV event in Hobart, Australia.

She will play on Friday against the 4th seed Virginia Ruano Pascual

Good luck :)

shirgan
Jan 7th, 2007, 06:01 AM
After days of rain 1st round qualies finshed finally

Tzipora Obziler (ISR) d Virginia Ruano Pascal (ESP) 7-5 6-0

Next round she will play Olga Savchuk from the Ukraine

The Jabberwock
Jan 7th, 2007, 08:55 AM
After days of rain 1st round qualies finshed finally

Tzipora Obziler (ISR) d Virginia Ruano Pascal (ESP) 7-5 6-0

Next round she will play Olga Savchuk from the Ukraine

Actually she is playing against Laura Pous Tio from Spain.

Currently Tzipi won the first set 6:2 and there is a rain delay again...

shirgan
Jan 7th, 2007, 10:59 AM
Actually she is playing against Laura Pous Tio from Spain.

Currently Tzipi won the first set 6:2 and there is a rain delay again...
yeah sory. Got confused there

shirgan
Jan 8th, 2007, 09:24 AM
Singles Second Round Qualifying
Tzipora Obziler (ISR) d Laura Pous Tio (ESP) 6-2 6-3
Singles Final Round Qualifying
Tzipora Obziler (ISR) d Emmanuelle Gagliardi (SUI) 6-3 4-6 7-5

shirgan
Jan 8th, 2007, 09:27 AM
In the maindraw she will play
Olga Poutchkova from russia. She's supposed to play today as well (3rd match!) but I'm hoping they will postpone it for tomorrow

neospecialist
Jan 9th, 2007, 01:53 AM
Obziler loses to Pouchkova in the first round 6-0 2-6 6-6 (7-4 TB).

shirgan
Jan 9th, 2007, 05:46 AM
so close :bigcry:

The Jabberwock
Jan 12th, 2007, 08:10 AM
First round at AO against Zvonareva. A tough match. Good luck Tzipi!

shirgan
Jan 17th, 2007, 07:14 AM
Vera Zvonareva (RUS)[22] def Tzipora Obziler (ISR) 6-3 6-4

shirgan
Feb 4th, 2007, 06:45 AM
Tzipi is one match away from entering the maindraw of Pattaya Women's Open 2007

The first 2 qualifying rounds:

1R: 3-Tzipora Obziler ISR d. WC-Varatchaya Wongteanchai THA 60 61
2R: 3-Tzipora Obziler ISR d. Jing Ren CHN 62 61

Last round she will play against Nudnida Luangnam from Thailand

shirgan
Feb 4th, 2007, 07:51 AM
Photo of Tzipi in Pattaya

http://www.pentanglepromotions.com/Pattaya07/WebGallery/images/16.jpg

shirgan
Feb 5th, 2007, 08:49 AM
Last qualifying round:
3-Obziler(ISR) d. Luangnam(THA) 76(0) 61 :)

in maindraw 1st round she will play the Ukranian Yuliana Fedak

shirgan
Feb 6th, 2007, 02:42 PM
Obziler def. Fedak 6-2 6-2 :yeah:

in 2nd round she will face Aiko Nakamura

good luck :)

Meteor Shower
Feb 6th, 2007, 03:18 PM
Nice wins tzipi :) keep the momentum going
you've got to reach top100!

Sambuca
Feb 7th, 2007, 05:53 PM
what do you think about her match against Aiko?
what kind of player is Tzipora?

neospecialist
Feb 8th, 2007, 02:01 PM
Obziler makes into the quarter-finals at Pattaya by beating Nakamura 3-6 6-1 6-1.

shirgan
Feb 9th, 2007, 04:11 PM
Tzipi lost in the QFs to Shuai Peng 6-3 6-2
but the top-100 dream is still alive...

shirgan
Feb 13th, 2007, 09:20 AM
Tzipi wins her 1st round match at Bangalore :)

Obziler d. Kudryavtseva 36 63 64

two more matches to go for top 100 :bounce:

shirgan
Feb 14th, 2007, 11:18 AM
Obziler def. Bardina 61 62 :banana:

one more match to go :bounce:

The Jabberwock
Feb 16th, 2007, 08:51 AM
Obziler def. Czink 6-4 7-6 ! :worship: :worship: :worship:

Top 100 player ! Just amazing. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

shirgan
Feb 26th, 2007, 10:13 AM
Tzipi is in the maindraw of the Tier III Abierto Mexicano in Acapulco, Mexico.
1st round match against Julia Schruff
Good luck :yeah:

If she wins the entire tournament she could get as high as #53 ! ;) :p

Nervenbuendel
Feb 26th, 2007, 08:49 PM
Keeping her favourable wta-ranking-position in mind it's most likeble that a direct acceptance in Paris concerning the french open should be granted. :)

Due to her perfect physical condition and her strategic abilities she will also reach a 2007 all time high in rankings. :lick:

A wonderful dream would also be a WTA-title this could be effekted by a win in a tier III or IV event.

The future is bright ahead. :smooch:

neospecialist
Mar 23rd, 2007, 09:44 PM
Doubles Final Ra'anana ITF $10,000

Final

Linetskaya/Obziler d. (1)Babakova/Spiegel 61 62

shirgan
Mar 28th, 2007, 07:26 AM
Tzipi won in 1st round of Patras 25k

(1) Tzipi OBZILER (ISR) d. (JE) Kristina ANTONIYCHUK (UKR) 62 62

next up: Jessica KIRKLAND (USA)

shirgan
Mar 29th, 2007, 07:21 AM
second round

(1) Tzipi OBZILER (ISR) d. Jessica KIRKLAND (USA) 46 61 62

next up in quarterfinals: Anna GERASIMOU (GRE)

shirgan
Mar 29th, 2007, 08:02 PM
QF
(1) Tzipi OBZILER (ISR) d. Anna GERASIMOU (GRE) 61 60

next up: (3) Maret ANI (EST)

shirgan
Mar 31st, 2007, 07:14 AM
SF

(3) Maret ANI (EST) d. (1) Tzipi OBZILER (ISR) 26 64 75

Hope she gets back to the wta tour soon

neospecialist
Apr 7th, 2007, 09:21 PM
Obziler win the first qualifier match at the Family Circle Cup over A Rolle 6-0 6-2. Needs to beat Lepchenko on Sunday to reach the main draw.

shirgan
Apr 9th, 2007, 06:42 AM
Tzipi lost to Lepchenko 6-4 6-3 and didn't qualify to charlston
but one win in the WTA quali level will give her 10 points.
She had to get to the SF in the 25k to get 12 points.

neospecialist
Apr 9th, 2007, 02:03 PM
Obziler is teamed with Peer in Family Circle Cup doubles!! Looks like a warm-up for Fed Cup against Canada next week.

shirgan
Apr 16th, 2007, 06:04 AM
Tzipi reached her highest rank ever: #92

shirgan
Apr 23rd, 2007, 05:38 AM
Despite taking time to play in the fed cup Tzipi's rank improves once more and she reaches an all time high of #90

ronim1
Apr 24th, 2007, 05:59 AM
Despite taking time to play in the fed cup Tzipi's rank improves once more and she reaches an all time high of #90

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
:bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap:

Meteor Shower
Apr 24th, 2007, 10:28 AM
Tzipi :bounce: :worship:
does she got anything big to defend (soon)?

shirgan
Apr 24th, 2007, 12:48 PM
Tzipi :bounce: :worship:
does she got anything big to defend (soon)?
Not much I think but still something

May 06 Antalya-M. 7
Jun 06 Roland G. 2
Jul 06 Wimbledon 2

shirgan
Apr 29th, 2007, 06:06 AM
Tzipi defeated Yulia Beygelzimer (UKR) 6-3 6-4 in the 1st round qualifying of J&S Cup.
So she already has 5 points.

here are some pictures taken by Olisadebe

http://www.wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=10606262&postcount=26

http://www.wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=10606255&postcount=25

shirgan
Apr 29th, 2007, 08:22 AM
more pictures from LUXXAS:

http://www.wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=10605106&postcount=27

http://www.wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=10605127&postcount=28

shirgan
Apr 29th, 2007, 04:06 PM
2nd round qualifying:
Obziler def. Ondraskova 6-1 7-5 :yeah:

To qualify she will need to win against 1st seed Julia Vakulenko (UKR)

Good luck :)

ronim1
Apr 30th, 2007, 01:09 PM
Today:

Julia Vakulenko (UKR) d. Tzipora Obziler (ISR) 36 61 60

:sad: :sad: :sad:

Better luck next time

:) :) :)

Meteor Shower
Apr 30th, 2007, 02:33 PM
Tzipi :sad:
letdown after the good first set :(

Keep up the good wins in the next turnament!

Nervenbuendel
May 1st, 2007, 09:13 PM
Some results of the German Tennis League (2nd Bundesliga). Tzipi plays there for BW Berlin.

Tzipi vs. Hrdinova 2:6, 6:4, 6:1

Tzipi/Peschke vs. Hrdinova/Cervanova 6:3, 6:0

As you can she won both matches.

ronim1
May 2nd, 2007, 06:04 AM
Some results of the German Tennis League (2nd Bundesliga). Tzipi plays there for BW Berlin.

Tzipi vs. Hrdinova 2:6, 6:4, 6:1

Tzipi/Peschke vs. Hrdinova/Cervanova 6:3, 6:0

As you can she she won both matches.

What is her status there? Is she playing in a leading team?

Nervenbuendel
May 2nd, 2007, 11:45 AM

The mentioned team consists of 16 players. Tzipi is - according to her ranking - the no. # 1 player of Blau-Weiss Berlin. Of course, most of the time Tzipi is playing WTA-Tournaments or ITF-Challengers so she plays seldom for this club. The League gives tennis professionals the opportunity to earn some extra money when their schedule allows it.

Leading team:

BW Berlin is a traditional club, founded 1899. It contained famous players just like Natasha Zvereva (now working as a trainer), Kveta Peschke, Jana Kandarr (now studying) and local players. 2006 the team played in the 1st division 2007 in 2nd division due to the fact that 2006 was a bad year unfortunately.

shirgan
May 2nd, 2007, 05:37 PM
Is this the first time she plays in this league?

ronim1
May 3rd, 2007, 06:17 AM

The mentioned team consists of 16 players. Tzipi is - according to her ranking - the no. # 1 player of Blau-Weiss Berlin. Of course, most of the time Tzipi is playing WTA-Tournaments or ITF-Challengers so she plays seldom for this club. The League gives tennis professionals the opportunity to earn some extra money when their schedule allows it.

Leading team:

BW Berlin is a traditional club, founded 1899. It contained famous players just like Natasha Zvereva (now working as a trainer), Kveta Peschke, Jana Kandarr (now studying) and lokal players. 2006 the team played in the 1st division 2007 in 2nd division due to the fact that 2006 was a bad year unfortunately.

:hatoff: :hatoff:

Nervenbuendel
May 3rd, 2007, 12:21 PM
Is this the first time she plays in this league?

She has started playing 2005 and according to the provided data given by DTB (national tennis association) absolved 20 matches for Berlin up to now (singles and doubles).

shirgan
May 3rd, 2007, 10:58 PM
She has started playing 2005 and according to the provided data given by DTB (national tennis association) played 20 matches for Berlin up to now (singles and doubles).
interesting :)
for me it's news.
Thanks for the info :yeah: