PDA

View Full Version : This year for Ai

PointBlank
Apr 10th, 2004, 06:53 PM
Ai has been through alot lately .. her grandfather,injuries, do you think we will see our top 10 Ai back before Roland Garros

Lets Hope :bounce:

pcrtennis
Apr 12th, 2004, 01:55 AM
What injuries? But I have no doubt that Ai will find her form again. It's just a little rough patch. Remeber, she won a tourney already this year!

PointBlank
Apr 15th, 2004, 01:01 AM
I remember in an article .. her finger/hand maybe .. but she is ok now

pcrtennis
Apr 27th, 2004, 03:47 AM
Ouch...Fed Cup probably did not feel good. I feel bad for Ai, that would have been a huge victory for her confidence-wise. Oh well, The year is still young!

crazillo
Apr 27th, 2004, 12:58 PM
She had a great first tournament, she had a fantastic match against Magdalena Maleeva at GoldCoast. I think this 1-6, 1-6 damage by the same opponent cracked her confidence...

pcrtennis
Apr 28th, 2004, 03:20 AM
But she was sick for that match as well. Hopefully she'll find her form in the next week or two!!! Not so worried!

pcrtennis
May 6th, 2004, 03:39 AM
Great win for Ai today! Beating Likhovtseva 6-2, 6-1! This is the first in now 6 meetings that she has beaten Likhovtseva! GO Ai!!!

pcrtennis
May 19th, 2004, 11:28 PM
Ai beat Akiko Morigami 6-2, 3-6, 6-1!! Great win today Ai against a very tough opponent. Hopefully winning a three set match will give her some much needed confidence...she now takes on Claudine Schaul who Ai beat 6-4, 6-4 in Miami last year. She has a really good draw!!! Go Ai! Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pcrtennis
Jul 23rd, 2004, 01:16 AM
Ai won her 2nd round match against Pratt but then lost 3-6, 6-0, 6-7(3) to Schiavone. This is a very dissapointing result. She was up 6-5 in the third for sure but who knows by how much she was leading earlier in that set...

AK-DH Fan
Jul 23rd, 2004, 07:41 PM
Ai won her 2nd round match against Pratt but then lost 3-6, 6-0, 6-7(3) to Schiavone. This is a very dissapointing result. She was up 6-5 in the third for sure but who knows by how much she was leading earlier in that set...

She had a really good/solid win against Pratt, I don't know what happened. She's had so many matches like this,but they have all gone in favor of her oponent. I hope that she finds out what she's doing wrong, because she had chances to win. Good Luck in San Diego Sugi! :)

pcrtennis
Jul 23rd, 2004, 11:56 PM
She's definately out of her slump from earlier this year though. This is a bad match up for Ai even though I know she can and should have today beaten Schiavone. She's still playing well and I know she'll have success this summer!!! GO Ai!!!!!!

Veritas
Jul 24th, 2004, 03:49 AM
I'm really disappointed in Ai - losing to a player like Schiavone is definately not a good sign for our Japanese champ.

Oh well, Ai usually grabs more points (and money) during the N.A. hardcourt season, so I think (rd: hope) she might do better in other tournaments.

Good luck Ai!

pcrtennis
Jul 29th, 2004, 02:47 AM
That would be awsome!!! Go Ai!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ex hopman
Jul 29th, 2004, 08:03 PM
She recently published a book with her mother called "Collaboration." I flipped through it at a book store briefly. Quite interesting- talking about her faith in God and her Christian name Maria Christine, etc. There was some mention about how she felt like quitting tennis in 2001 before pulling herself together.

I suppose I can translate it if WTAWorld gives me a contract or a commission :p But I don`t have the book yet.

yea, when she plays, she always wear a jewely that is a cross.
I've heard that she became a christian in 2000 or so??
I've read one of Ai's diary about it once too.

Is that book sold well, do u know, yakusoku??

AK-DH Fan
Aug 18th, 2004, 06:30 PM
Ai is on a roll. SHe just beat Karolina Sprem 7-6 6-1. Good revenge. K-lina beat her last time. Good job Sugi:) Who is next for Ai?

pcrtennis
Aug 19th, 2004, 07:05 AM
That's funny

pcrtennis
Aug 19th, 2004, 07:06 AM
Does anyone know anything about Ai's mom???? Is she well liked or not...I thought there was mild controversy over something she said about Kim last year (I probably misunderstood) Anyone know???? Please respond!

pcrtennis
Aug 20th, 2004, 03:19 AM
She is actually well liked. Ai talked about how she felt lonely in 1999 even though her career was not bad at that point and how her mother brought her back together all the way until where she is today.

Much of the book is written by her mother with some touches by Ai herself.

It`s interesting how Ai`s mother say that raising up children is actually very easy, at least from her own experience. She said that she never had major problem raising Ai up.

Thanks for the response!