PDA

View Full Version : Mary did not win 3-6,1-6

*Marat BigFan*
Apr 8th, 2004, 01:28 AM
Still great match...both are hitting many winners...The total poinys won are not much different..Mary just can't win big points and deuce game...she need to improve that...anyway she's playing great again...close to her own form...as you can see, there are not so many players who can hit so many winners to Serena on clay...good luck next week Mary!!get a good draw please!!

*Marat BigFan*
Apr 8th, 2004, 01:30 AM
pics from the match

http://aapimage.com/fotoweb/newstextview.fwx?Columns=1&Rows=9&SF_GROUP1_BOOLEAN=and&SF_GROUP2_BOOLEAN=and&SF_GROUP3_BOOLEAN=and&position=&SF_FIELD1_GROUP=1&SF_FIELD2_GROUP=2&SF_FIELD3_GROUP=3&folderid=&Stemming=&Synonyms=&Phonic=&SF_FIELD3=&SubmitURL=%2Ffotoweb%2Fnewsgridview.fwx&rows=3&columns=4&SF_SEARCHINRESULT=0&SF_FIELD1=Mary+Pierce&SF_GROUP1_FIELD=IPTC120&SF_FIELD1_MATCHTYPE=exact&SF_FIELD2=

Mark Spruce
Apr 8th, 2004, 02:15 AM
LOL I see you are doing the same as me for titles of the thread.

Well I am of course very sad that Mary lost. But thanks so much for the words about the match etc.

Better luck next week and hoepfully a better draw as well.

Mark

NicoMary
Apr 8th, 2004, 07:54 AM
It's been a good way back to the court, she played amazing tennis:eek: :worship: unfortunatly a bad draw...i'm afraid of something like that in Charleston...:sad: hope that if that happen mary will add one or two smaller tournament at her program:rolleyes: Welcome back to the top Mary:hearts: :worship:

mamno_MARYFAN
Apr 8th, 2004, 09:56 AM
Oh this is very dissapointing....:sad:

I wonder what happen...did anybody seen the match???? How did Mary perform.....statistics, anybody?????

Oh well...at least Mary managed to play Serena...so not to bad...hopefully she'll have a better draw to start of in her next tournaments...

I'll also see this as a good preparation ahead.... I believe Mary will only get better in her next tournaments so everybody better watch out!!!!!!:mad:

Still...not a bad play at all MARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bounce:

Well done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bounce:

Declan
Apr 8th, 2004, 11:21 AM
Yes, disappointing really. I woke up in the night at 2.30 AM and had to switch on the TV for the result on Teletext, and then I couldn't sleep again!
Fingers crossed for a kinder draw next week, in another tournament with happy memories for Mary. One good run should put her back in the Top Thirty.

ashwu
Apr 8th, 2004, 12:18 PM
poor mary...
better luck next week~

sebbe
Apr 8th, 2004, 12:25 PM
hmm on the pics it looks like she has gained som weight again...

but it is so sad that she got that draw, I'm sure she could have beaten

many players is the draw, hopefully she will have an easier next week

sebbe
Apr 8th, 2004, 12:29 PM
Serena unfulfilled despite victory

Serena Williams signs Charlie Bell's T-shirt after her 6-3, 6-1 victory Wednesday night over Mary Pierce at Amelia Island.

By DAVID JOHNSON
The Times-Union

In the fourth game of the second set, a Serena Williams backhand missed the baseline.

"She missed it," a shocked woman in the crowd said.

It was such a successful for Williams that when her shots didn't find their place on the line and out of the reach of Frenchwoman Mary Pierce, it was cause for surprise.

this shows that she must have played a perfect match

Piotrek
Apr 8th, 2004, 12:33 PM
better luck next week :)

NicoMary
Apr 8th, 2004, 12:34 PM
Match Statistics

Player123Mary Pierce3 (http://www.blchamps.com/pages/comp/stats/Match13834Set1.html)1 (http://www.blchamps.com/pages/comp/stats/Match13834Set2.html) Serena Williams6 (http://www.blchamps.com/pages/comp/stats/Match13834Set1.html)6 (http://www.blchamps.com/pages/comp/stats/Match13834Set2.html) Elapsed Time By Set3131 Match SummaryPierceWilliams1st Serve %72%73%Aces25Double Faults41Winning % - 1st Serve Pts.24 of 44 = 55%28 of 40 = 70%Winning % - 2nd Serve Pts.6 of 17 = 35%9 of 15 = 60%Winners (including service)25 42 Unforced Errors16 19 Break Point Conversions0 of 2 = 0 %4 of 9 = 44 %Net Approaches3 of 3 = 100 %5 of 8 = 63 %Total Points Won48 68 Fastest Match Serve Speed108 MPH113 MPHAverage Match Serve Speed98 MPH96 MPH

Some excellent stats, the match must have been great...Serena said that she couldn't play her best tennis and really focus because Mary was hitting a lot of winners:eek: :worship: Nice but too short tournament for Mary...i'm not afraid at all

Mark Spruce
Apr 8th, 2004, 12:35 PM
Hello and good day to you all. I hope that Mary might play a little more, so I think get some more ranking points. Which in turn I am sure will bring better draws.

Lets all keep our fingers crossed for next week.

regards

Mark

sweetpinks
Apr 8th, 2004, 01:48 PM
It's been a good way back to the court, she played amazing tennis:eek: :worship: unfortunatly a bad draw...i'm afraid of something like that in Charleston...:sad: hope that if that happen mary will add one or two smaller tournament at her program:rolleyes: Welcome back to the top Mary:hearts: :worship:
In your last post you said Mary would win, I said she won't cause she is not match tough yet, you also said Serena did not play on clay and Mary has been for the past few months, obviously that does not make a difference, Mary needs to become a killer again on court she was outplayed

Declan
Apr 8th, 2004, 03:35 PM
In your last post you said Mary would win, I said she won't cause she is not match tough yet, you also said Serena did not play on clay and Mary has been for the past few months, obviously that does not make a difference, Mary needs to become a killer again on court she was outplayed

Is this not a forum for Mary SUPPORTERS? And before you say it, of course we are all open to positive, constructive criticism of Mary - but I don't believe this falls into that category.

Declan
Apr 8th, 2004, 03:44 PM
hmm on the pics it looks like she has gained som weight again...

but it is so sad that she got that draw, I'm sure she could have beaten

many players is the draw, hopefully she will have an easier next week

I'm not being over-sensitive to perceived criticism of Mary, but I truly don't belive that she has gained weight after carefully studying the many pictures from Amelia Island. I think she looks even trimmer than she did in Paris six weeks ago. What do others think?

Lapin
Apr 8th, 2004, 03:48 PM
Sorry that Mary lost... :sad:

http://www.tennis.info/images/BL4/Tue/PCMauresmoPierce8458.jpg

Please visit the website at http://www.tennis.info (http://www.tennis.info/) for wonderful Amelia Island photos!

another pic from Tuesday's 'Parade of Champions' (thanks to Elisse and suzie for this! :) )

Mark Spruce
Apr 8th, 2004, 03:53 PM
Hello Declan, I agree with you 100%

Also I love the design/top that Mary is wearing. That would make one awsome outfit for playing tennis in.

regards

Mark

Tompier
Apr 8th, 2004, 04:20 PM

You also said "Mary will be struggling with Meghan" :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

go to hell

sweetpinks
Apr 8th, 2004, 05:11 PM
Is this not a forum for Mary SUPPORTERS? And before you say it, of course we are all open to positive, constructive criticism of Mary - but I don't believe this falls into that category.
I notice that you go into other forums and say whatever you want, and so you know I am a Mary supporter, always have been but I am also very realistic :cool:

sweetpinks
Apr 8th, 2004, 05:17 PM
You also said "Mary will be struggling with Meghan" :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

go to hell
Don't like to hear anything about Mary uh??? what a loser at least I am fair with all the people I like, yes I did say she would struggle with Meghan cause she had not played in a while, when she blew her away I was the first one cheering look you have to give and take if your player is doing well fine, if not constructive criticism does not mean that you hate the person, I have been watching Mary for years now that is why I can allow myself to be critical or fair, and I won't tell you where to go I have class

sebbe
Apr 8th, 2004, 05:19 PM
I'm not being over-sensitive to perceived criticism of Mary, but I truly don't belive that she has gained weight after carefully studying the many pictures from Amelia Island. I think she looks even trimmer than she did in Paris six weeks ago. What do others think?

you're mabye right, I just study her legs and her stomach..
of course there are alot of muscles but mabye it is impossible
to see that on pics, mabye you have to watch a match on tv and see how she moves etc...
the funny thing is, not to critisice Mary but she always says that she is training her body so she can move faster and with sudge a great coach there wouldn't be any problems to get a quick result...

but as I said mabye I have to watch a match on tv, I'm sure that Mary is making progress

NicoMary
Apr 8th, 2004, 05:58 PM
No i don't think so...i think that The outfit of mary this week did not made mary looks really good...a things almost sur is that she did not really lost lot of weight in that 6 weeks

Tompier
Apr 8th, 2004, 07:47 PM
Don't like to hear anything about Mary uh??? what a loser at least I am fair with all the people I like, yes I did say she would struggle with Meghan cause she had not played in a while, when she blew her away I was the first one cheering look you have to give and take if your player is doing well fine, if not constructive criticism does not mean that you hate the person, I have been watching Mary for years now that is why I can allow myself to be critical or fair, and I won't tell you where to go I have class

actually I love hear about Mary :lol: :lol: :lol: Boy I am sure I have been watching Mary longer so be quiet. It's like suddenly you come from nowwhere with your criticism and show no respect in Mary's forum :mad:

And your class ?? I am sure you have :rolleyes: as the matter of fact I can see that :lol:

Mark Spruce
Apr 9th, 2004, 03:40 AM
Hello All,

PEACE

regards

Mark

mamno_MARYFAN
Apr 9th, 2004, 08:03 AM
Sweetey, sweetey....

I understand that u are being realistic about Mary's chances....but u must understand that this a forum for die-hard Mary fans....must u be so harsh about Mary and her performance...:rolleyes:

Please remember that Mary's capable of beating Serena...its just that she's not in the same form as she was in 2000 yet....

U can at least give some words of encouragement...at least Mary's a fighter and she did not just bow out from the tour in a cowardly fashion as Hingis did in late 2002...even though she was loaded with injuries....she still is plugging on here....u should at least appreciate that.....:rolleyes:

I believe in Mary....she's a fighter and she will work to get her form back...:bounce: :bounce:

Go Mary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bounce: :bounce: