PDA

View Full Version : Third time is a charm?

tenn_ace
Apr 5th, 2004, 02:06 PM
So we lost two finals in Miami... third time it should be ours... right?

how long do we have to wait?

cool_olga
Apr 5th, 2004, 02:11 PM
Next year for sure Russians will be very strong and one of them will win :)

tenn_ace
Apr 5th, 2004, 02:28 PM
I wish I was as optimistic as you're, Olga... but you're cool, you are allowed to be. ;)

moo_ont
Apr 5th, 2004, 02:32 PM
I think 2-3 yrs. Russian girls are great, but they may need some time to improve to the next level. They don't get to play in the final of big events much enough, so they cannot deal with the pressure as well as top players do.

bubble
Apr 5th, 2004, 03:02 PM
I am an optimist too :p

ys
Apr 5th, 2004, 03:03 PM
Com'n , we had 3 Tier I finals in just 7 monthes. It won't take us long. Our girls will be winning these little tourney left and right soon :devil:

cool_olga
Apr 5th, 2004, 03:12 PM
Yeah :) Russians are stronger and stronger. Few years ago it was just Dementieva quite good, top ten player. Even in 2002 Myskina was outside top 10. And 2003 was big year for Russian girls. Myskina steadily in top ten, as well as Elena, then Zvonareva and Perrova behind them at the end of the season. Now three girls in top 10 andZvonareva, Kuznetsova and Sharapova right behind. It's coming fast. Now it's the times that top players have to watch out of them in Tier I's. In nearly future times will come that they'll be pretty stong in Grand Slams.

I'm very optimistic and I'm taking Russian flag to Warsaw to cheer all Russian girls there :) :) :)

TartarVicario
Apr 5th, 2004, 04:05 PM
Sveta has to learn and improve so many things :)

goldenlox
Apr 5th, 2004, 08:27 PM
I like that this tournament was a mess. The director and sponsors didn't allow the all Russian semifinal to be on U.S. tv.
That's some fifth major. Not.
I'm glad Elena, Nadia, Sveta and Lena L. made some good money there. I wish Nastya was healthy last week.

Vass22
Apr 5th, 2004, 08:52 PM
II voted until next year, but I think it's going to happen next year.