PDA

View Full Version : Serena's true test is coming these next few months

Jakeev
Apr 4th, 2004, 07:06 PM
I am glad Serena left Miami proving she is still a force to be reckoned with even though she had been gone for eight months and wasn't too match tough.

But with the clay-court season taking over, I think Serena's biggest challenge will be in the next few months leading up to the French Open.

She will need to continue to serve well since it will not be as penatrative on clay but most importantly, and as most people I think know, she is gonna have to still be aggressive but patient at the same time.

Amelia Island is the most intriguing so far of the year so I am very anxious to see how it unfolds this week.

Pureracket
Apr 4th, 2004, 08:59 PM
This is indeed a peculiar time for Serena. I'm thinking that this is her most vulnerable surface, and I'm hoping that she doesn't let her frustration with it overwhelm her.

Jakeev
Apr 4th, 2004, 09:15 PM
This is indeed a peculiar time for Serena. I'm thinking that this is her most vulnerable surface, and I'm hoping that she doesn't let her frustration with it overwhelm her.
It very well may not frustrate her. She seems much more relaxed and composed then she did last year at this time and then she was ranked #1.

for-sure
Apr 4th, 2004, 10:54 PM
Serena Will Win Everything!

Pureracket
Apr 4th, 2004, 10:56 PM
It very well may not frustrate her. She seems much more relaxed and composed then she did last year at this time and then she was ranked #1.You are probably right, but I can see the stress coming. . .. LOL!!!!! I just hope we don't have another error-fest happening like in the Likhotseva match.

A'DAM
Apr 4th, 2004, 10:58 PM
I wish her all the best :) but she is just a human :dance: so people doth push it to much :wavey:

for-sure
Apr 4th, 2004, 11:35 PM
Ya'll know it's true!

Serendy Willick
Apr 5th, 2004, 10:39 PM
Serena will be fine she needs to get into the rallies more, have that serve working and BE PATIENT

Couver
Apr 5th, 2004, 10:59 PM
I think she can do well, but she's got to work on her movement. That is where I saw the most rust. Her speed was no where near the level it was when she left.

PS: I'm not saying I expected that right out of the gate, just that that's what she has to work on to do well on clay.

7~LV3
Apr 5th, 2004, 11:15 PM
her speed may be nowhere near the level when she left, but its still fast enought, faster than all(?) i guess, and it was just her first tournament, her footwork aint really that warm up yet i guess...winning Nasdaq really surprise lots of us i guess...
Serenas back...shout with me...!!!
aslong as she keeps her UES down, i guess only one woman could stop her during the clay seas.

"Topaz"
Apr 6th, 2004, 12:05 AM
The clay court season is a blessing for Serena. The stuff will be softer on her knees, thereby good for progressive strengthening. The surface is inherently the slowest of them all; as a result, her reduced speed won't affect her as much. What else could fit her better at this stage?

This being said, the next few months will certainly be defining ones for her.