PDA

View Full Version : Is Coria Faking His Injury

lizchris
Apr 4th, 2004, 04:59 PM
It looks like Andy is mad because he is being outplayed in the first set tiebreak (curretnly 6-2 Coria) and at one point when Coria won a point, Andy put his hand on his hips as if to question whether Coria had a back spasm (which was the injury that was bothering him)

- L i n a -
Apr 4th, 2004, 05:00 PM
Yes, because all foreigners cheat.

DA FOREHAND
Apr 4th, 2004, 05:00 PM
Yes, because all foreigners cheat.
And they can't be trusted!

Rocketta
Apr 4th, 2004, 05:03 PM
I don't think Andy put his hands on his hips like he was questioning the injury...It was more like "you got to be kidding me, I can't believe that shot", kinda thing.

charmedRic
Apr 4th, 2004, 05:04 PM
I think there was a back spasm but not as bad as Coria might have thought. Regardless Andy needs to FORGET about Coria and play the DARN BALL.

lizchris
Apr 4th, 2004, 05:04 PM
Don't get me wrong, I don't think he is faking the injury' he was on the ground for about 10 minutes being massaged and while he was playing a point before the timeout, he doubled over in pain.

Mrs. Peel
Apr 4th, 2004, 05:07 PM
I thought this was poor sportsmanship of Andy. :mad: Coria was clearly playing gingerly. 90mph serves? c'mon.

Andy was being outplayed. He is the one spraying all those balls all over the place. lol Coria is making him look big and clumsy.

They gave the guy anit-inflammatory and pain reliever...it's supposed to get better, yeah?

venusfan
Apr 4th, 2004, 05:07 PM
Is the final best of 5 sets?

ghosts
Apr 4th, 2004, 05:10 PM
Let's go Andy :) :)

VivalaSeles
Apr 4th, 2004, 05:11 PM
Go Coria :D :D :D

charmedRic
Apr 4th, 2004, 05:13 PM
Uhm....the hand on hip is Andy's pose for 'You've got to be kidding me' if you all think Andy is questioning it, then you are coming to an erroneus conclusion.

I think the final is the best out of 5 sets....so we'll see what happens.

KingA
Apr 4th, 2004, 05:13 PM
Poor Coria!!!! Its best of 5 sets....... :sad:

alextreiber04
Apr 4th, 2004, 05:14 PM
No, he isn't faking it. Its a best of 5 match why would he fake it so early?

venusfan
Apr 4th, 2004, 05:16 PM
I wish I had a tv I could watch but the damb terrorist knocked out the Antenna on the Trade Center so I cant get a over the air signal from where I'm at.. :fiery: :fiery:

Mrs. Peel
Apr 4th, 2004, 05:18 PM
Uhm....the hand on hip is Andy's pose for 'You've got to be kidding me' if you all think Andy is questioning it, then you are coming to an erroneus conclusion.

I think the final is the best out of 5 sets....so we'll see what happens.
It was both...it was obviously a concern with Gilbert screaming at Andy from the stands that there is nothing wrong with Coria and to play.

lizchris
Apr 4th, 2004, 05:27 PM
I wish I had a tv I could watch but the damb terrorist knocked out the Antenna on the Trade Center so I cant get a over the air signal from where I'm at.. :fiery: :fiery:Where are you. In downtowon NYC?

BTW, the trainer was supposed to be working on Coria during the changeover.

charmedRic
Apr 4th, 2004, 05:33 PM
This is a pis poor match so far... it's REALLY REALLY weird. They each have seconds of greatness and then it drubs down to this 'let's try to rally' mode.

I don't know...what do you guys think of the overall quality of the match?

Not to mention Roddick is being a total headcase.

RoanHJ
Apr 4th, 2004, 05:36 PM
No, I don't think Coria is faking anything. He played a great first set and was really getting Andy with those drop shots :worship: That said, I hope Andy wins the second set and then takes the whole thing. Go Andy!

MisterQ
Apr 4th, 2004, 05:36 PM
This is a pis poor match so far... it's REALLY REALLY weird. They each have seconds of greatness and then it drubs down to this 'let's try to rally' mode.

I don't know...what do you guys think of the overall quality of the match?

Not to mention Roddick is being a total headcase.

Compared to yesterday's final, this feels like Borg/McEnroe 1980 Wimbledon. ;) :lol:

Iorhael
Apr 4th, 2004, 05:37 PM
Poor Coria!!!! Its best of 5 sets....... :sad:Are you sure?If I remember correctly last year final was best of 3 sets match.:confused:

Infiniti2001
Apr 4th, 2004, 05:42 PM
I wish I had a tv I could watch but the damb terrorist knocked out the Antenna on the Trade Center so I cant get a over the air signal from where I'm at.. :fiery: :fiery:

Do you have MSN?? I can feed you like I did another poster yesterday :p

LiliaLee-Frazier
Apr 4th, 2004, 05:44 PM
He is not faking the injury..this is not womens tennis ya know.. :tape: ;) Btw..CORIA is soooo cute! :angel: :kiss: :hearts:

lizchris
Are you sure?If I remember correctly last year final was best of 3 sets match.:confused:
They changed it back to a best-of-5 sets for the men this year after a 2 or three year layoff.

charmedRic
Compared to yesterday's final, this feels like Borg/McEnroe 1980 Wimbledon. ;) :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

fried_beans
Apr 4th, 2004, 05:45 PM
Andy cannot complain about that kind of thing we all know his history.

His match against Lapentti a couple years ago in Montreal and his match against Chang at the FO. He is just a baby on court.

beauty_is_pink
Apr 4th, 2004, 05:48 PM
hmm... all players are faking injuries now aint they? :rolleyes:

its the trend thats growing on both tours.. :lol:

Alvarillo
Apr 4th, 2004, 05:51 PM
Coria is one of the best players but also is one of the best actors on tour.
But i prefer him.
vamos Guille!!!!

charmedRic
Apr 4th, 2004, 05:54 PM
Roddick is finally pulling it together. Coria seems to have gotten used to the pain, and the match quality is quickly rising.

fried_beans
Apr 4th, 2004, 05:55 PM
I think Ljubicic said it best on how the players feel about Roddick..

joaco
Apr 4th, 2004, 05:58 PM
Guillermo is playing like SHIT now. Does THAT answer your question? I hope the painkillers do some effect on him. I can't bare watching him play like this.

VAMOS GUILLERMO!!!!!!

Joaco

Iorhael
Apr 4th, 2004, 05:58 PM
They changed it back to a best-of-5 sets for the men this year after a 2 or three year layoff.Oh ok, thanks!

MisterQ
Apr 4th, 2004, 06:14 PM
poor Coria :sad: had to retire

udachi Elena
Apr 4th, 2004, 06:18 PM
Guess his retiring, answers the question of this thread..

lizchris
Apr 4th, 2004, 06:18 PM
Are you sure?If I remember correctly last year final was best of 3 sets match.:confused:
Unfortunately, this year it was the best-of-three sets because Coria had to retire because of injury.

arcus
Apr 4th, 2004, 06:21 PM
Kudos to MJF for interviewing Coria in his native language

Coria was clearly impaired in the second and third sets............

Shame, I like to watch him play.......

charmedRic
Apr 4th, 2004, 06:23 PM
No faking at all, good job by both.

Coria for trying to play it out, and Andy for pulling it back together.

Mrs. Peel
Apr 4th, 2004, 06:26 PM
Coria :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

BK4ever
Apr 4th, 2004, 06:26 PM
So sad for Coria :sad:

He was really taking it to Andy in the first set, showing him what its like to really rally...he has such an arsenal of shots...Andy was totally out his league in the rallies

I hated the way he acted after he won the third set...I mean, your obviously playing someone who can barely move and u think it necessary to pump your fist :rolleyes:

esquímaux
Apr 4th, 2004, 06:37 PM
Hard to fake a retirement :rolleyes:

Martian KC
Apr 4th, 2004, 06:41 PM
andy= biggest drama queen:haha:

Hulet
Apr 4th, 2004, 06:56 PM
I don't think Andy put his hands on his hips like he was questioning the injury...It was more like "you got to be kidding me, I can't believe that shot", kinda thing.
That's what I thought too. Andy was very classy thoughout the match - applauding some Coria's excellent shots and giving cudos to Coria and his Argentinian supporters at the end.

Congrats Andy, anyways. :)

Warrior
Apr 4th, 2004, 07:15 PM
poor Coria:fiery: :mad: :sad: