PDA

View Full Version : Should Martina N. play singles at Wimbledon?

JennyS
Apr 4th, 2004, 02:41 PM
So you think Martina should play singles at Wimbledon this year?

SpikeyAidanm
Apr 4th, 2004, 02:42 PM
I would to see that, but I doubt she would, press will overwhelm it.

JennyS
Apr 4th, 2004, 02:44 PM
I would love to see it, because I know ESPN would televise it. It would be a huge ratings boost for tennis. And imagine if she drew a top 10 player in the first round.

Experimentee
Apr 4th, 2004, 03:00 PM
Yeah she should, she'd do a lot better than any of the other British girls they give WC's to :tape:

GoDominique
Apr 4th, 2004, 03:05 PM
No. She left as a finalist and that's a perfect end.

alextreiber04
Apr 4th, 2004, 03:12 PM
Yes, if this is her final year of tennis, but if she plays another year I'll be pretty ticked at her.

- L i n a -
Apr 4th, 2004, 03:16 PM
If there's one tournament Martina should play... this is the one.

Mattographer
Apr 4th, 2004, 03:20 PM
No. She left as a finalist and that's a perfect end.
Mmm, that's true but I don't think Martina cares about that...

venusfan
Apr 4th, 2004, 04:12 PM
If Martina really loves tennis and don't want to go away she should take her ass to a foster home and get some kid that she can teach. She is too old to be playing tennis and should realize there are more things in the world than tennis. Does this woman has a life outside of tennis? Does Martina get turned on by being in the locker room with other players? I think Martina is a nice woman but her time has gone.. she shouldn't retire back in '94 if she wasn't going to stay away. Leave the wildcard so that a developing player can get a chance to play wimbledon and walk away with $10K to support her coaching

charmedRic
Apr 4th, 2004, 04:29 PM
I think Martina should do what her heart desires, she's very fit & strong, and her tennis is great.

I would rather see her focus on them doubles so that she goes & rocks the field @ the Olympics.

OUT!
Apr 4th, 2004, 04:34 PM
I think Martina is a nice woman but her time has gone.. she shouldn't retire back in '94 if she wasn't going to stay away. Leave the wildcard so that a developing player can get a chance to play wimbledon and walk away with $10K to support her coachingI absolutely agree with this. Ultimately it's up to Martina, but I personally don't think it's a great idea. As another poster said, she should keep her Wimbledon singles rep on a high with the 94 final. We love ya anyway Martina!:kiss:

Belgium = Best
Apr 4th, 2004, 05:17 PM
Yes ;)

:wavey:

jrm
Apr 4th, 2004, 05:45 PM
nooo, could be very embarresing

Mariangelina
Apr 4th, 2004, 07:39 PM
After all Martina has achieved, I think she can do whatever she feels like.

KV
Apr 4th, 2004, 07:52 PM
Would love it