PDA

View Full Version : Joannette Kruger

V.Melb
Apr 4th, 2004, 10:46 AM
Jo Kruger. She was such an attractive player. Nice clean, reasonably flat groundies. She could really paint the lines. I loved her game. She was at her best in a baseline slugging match.
Unfortunantly i think she had some mental issues on the court sometimes....and she choked some important matches in her career.

However...she was famous for dishing out a thrashing to Serena Williams one time..... 6-1 6-1. When she was on-key.... she really was a natural player.

Can anyone tell me anything they know about Jo?
or why she has retired? has she even officially retired?
Has she got any other fans on this board?

hoekie274
Apr 4th, 2004, 11:46 AM
Jo Kruger. She was such an attractive player. Nice clean, reasonably flat groundies. She could really paint the lines. I loved her game. She was at her best in a baseline slugging match.
Unfortunantly i think she had some mental issues on the court sometimes....and she choked some important matches in her career.

However...she was famous for dishing out a thrashing to Serena Williams one time..... 6-1 6-1. When she was on-key.... she really was a natural player.

Can anyone tell me anything they know about Jo?
or why she has retired? has she even officially retired?
Has she got any other fans on this board?

Joanette was a steady baseline-player. With really solid groundstokes. She was overpowered though. I remember she played a match against Dutchy Brenda Schultz-McCarthy in the Olympic Games (Atlanta?) and Joanette was returning after an injury time-out. What I can remember is that Joanette was epileptic and this ´injury´ came up during matches. Brenda Schultz-McCarthy watched one of this attackes en this scared the hell out of her. I don´t know if this has something to do with Joanette´s retirement.

It´s a pitty that Joanette wasn´t able to get the best out of herselve, but she was a steady top 100 player and she deaserved more than an early retirement.

Libertango
Apr 4th, 2004, 11:56 AM
Joanette was a steady baseline-player. With really solid groundstokes. She was overpowered though. I remember she played a match against Dutchy Brenda Schultz-McCarthy in the Olympic Games (Atlanta?) and Joanette was returning after an injury time-out. What I can remember is that Joanette was epileptic and this ´injury´ came up during matches. Brenda Schultz-McCarthy watched one of this attackes en this scared the hell out of her. I don´t know if this has something to do with Joanette´s retirement.

It´s a pitty that Joanette wasn´t able to get the best out of herselve, but she was a steady top 100 player and she deaserved more than an early retirement.
:eek: I didn't know about the epilepsy! I really liked Joanette, but I remember watching her last match against JCap at Rg (last year? or 2002) Anyway it was embarressing, and time to retire! Still I really liked her and think she even won a few titles in her career! :)

GoDominique
Apr 4th, 2004, 12:39 PM
Her WTA profile says that she had two ribs removed in 2002(?). :sad:
It seems that her comeback last year wasn't really serious, more like a farewell. :sad:

I miss her too. :sad:

St.Sebastian
Apr 4th, 2004, 01:23 PM
Poor Joanette :sad:

Mattographer
Apr 4th, 2004, 02:25 PM
Her WTA profile says that she had two ribs removed in 2002(?). :sad:
It seems that her comeback last year wasn't really serious, more like a farewell. :sad:

I miss her too. :sad:
That's true :sad:

I remember saw her first match on TV against Arantxa Sanchez-Vicario at the US Open in 1999 and I believed she was up 5-2 in the third set and end up losing the match. I became fans of hers since then...

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Apr 4th, 2004, 02:40 PM
Joanette was in the WTA Tour Calendar in 1999 and I believe is one of the most gorgeous women on this earth. She had an exotic look to her and her eyes :eek: WOW! And this is coming from a gay man!

She'll be missed - hopefully she gets involved in S. African Fed Cup or some sort of TV commentating.

Mattographer
Apr 4th, 2004, 02:58 PM
Joanette was in the WTA Tour Calendar in 1999 and I believe is one of the most gorgeous women on this earth. She had an exotic look to her and her eyes :eek: WOW! And this is coming from a gay man!

She'll be missed - hopefully she gets involved in S. African Fed Cup or some sort of TV commentating.
You're not only alone :p

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Apr 4th, 2004, 03:22 PM
;)

V.Melb
Apr 4th, 2004, 10:08 PM
Thanks for the replies!
I just really loved her game! nice to see she had other fans! :)

And yes.... she has tan skin redish hair and light eyes.... very exotic looking! :)

Pureracket
Apr 4th, 2004, 10:15 PM
I remember seeing her and thinking, "She is definitely the most beautiful woman on the Tour." I wonder why she was never pressured to be Kournikova. Maybe she was. NOt saying anything bad about AK, but Joanette DID win tournaments.