PDA

View Full Version : Navratilova gets WC for Vienna

Xian
Apr 4th, 2004, 11:22 AM
Nav asked for a singles main draw wildcard for the Vienna tournament said tournament director Sandra Reichel. She will play bot singles and doubles there :bounce:

New_balls_please
Apr 4th, 2004, 11:25 AM
OMG! Anyway, good luck MArtina

SpikeyAidanm
Apr 4th, 2004, 11:26 AM
Great news, hope the haters dont contaminate this thread, after all, who else deserves it more?

7~LV3
Apr 4th, 2004, 11:43 AM
do you guys think that Steffi could make a comeback aswell...??

SpikeyAidanm
Apr 4th, 2004, 11:45 AM
Steffi capable, but I don't think she has the desire Martina has, Nav is one energetic woman!

Jackson.
Apr 4th, 2004, 11:46 AM
:eek:
Why is she asking for wildcards into clay events? Should'nt she be asking for a Birmingham wc?

Mateo Mathieu
Apr 4th, 2004, 03:27 PM
Why is she asking for wildcards into clay events? Should'nt she be asking for a Birmingham wc?
I bet she will ask for Birmingham ;)

A'DAM
Apr 4th, 2004, 03:29 PM
Im not so sure if she is doing the right thing with her singles come back but anyway i wish her all the best!!!

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Apr 4th, 2004, 03:38 PM
That's 3 events - she'll finally get a ranking!

And as a former Grand Slam winner, she has an unlimited amount of wildcards :)

tbsw6
Apr 4th, 2004, 04:10 PM
Play Birmingham instead!!!!!!!!!!!!

LiliaLee-Frazier
Apr 4th, 2004, 04:12 PM
Why is she asking for wildcards into clay events? Should'nt she be asking for a Birmingham wc? i am sure she will get one for all 3 grass court tourneys :)

LiliaLee-Frazier
Apr 4th, 2004, 04:22 PM
Steffi capable, but I don't think she has the desire Martina has, Nav is one energetic woman! :kiss: Hi qt :wavey:

Fantastic
Apr 4th, 2004, 04:45 PM
She's going to be one tired grandma by the end of this year. ;)

If none of the players are complaining about Martina's wildcards, then I don't think any of us can really make an argument against it despite what some of us may think. After all, she has been competing regularly on the tour and she is a multiple Grand Slam champion. The singles wildcards are her reward for many years of service on the tour both on and off the court.

charmedRic
Apr 4th, 2004, 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRule

i am sure she will get one for all 3 grass court tourneys :)

.... same here!

A'DAM
Apr 4th, 2004, 07:08 PM
Nice...

venusfan
Apr 4th, 2004, 07:13 PM
Nav asked for a singles main draw wildcard for the Vienna tournament said tournament director Sandra Reichel. She will play bot singles and doubles there :bounce:
This woman beats Seles after Seles coming back from about an 8 month injury and suddenly she think she can plan singles. If Monica had just listen to me and waxed her ass then she wouldn't be asking for wildcards.

arcus
Apr 4th, 2004, 07:18 PM
Fursur, she should be targetting grass court events, although even there her serve might let her down.

but who cares, great to see her out there. I really curious to see how she will stack up.

If she does in somewhat well over the course of the season in singles, she might become marketable for expos against marquee players and make some $.

Maybe with retirement looming and new career options coming up, she's having fun, and generating some publicity at the same time.

If she is going to have a political career in tennis afterwards, its good for the tour to have a person with her experience and a someone who's been in the public eye a lot recently.

ghosts
Apr 4th, 2004, 07:26 PM
hey Martina :eek:

treufreund
Apr 4th, 2004, 07:27 PM
Rock On Martina!!! :bounce:

BK4ever
Apr 4th, 2004, 07:29 PM
Didnt she get denied a WC from one of the grasscourt events last year?

arcus
Apr 4th, 2004, 07:37 PM
Didnt she get denied a WC from one of the grasscourt events last year?

That was said a lot but apparently she declined it for health reasons