PDA

View Full Version : Does Serena Thrashing Lena Make up for Venus's loss?

vogus
Apr 4th, 2004, 07:28 AM
I don't think it does. I think that as badly as Serena dismantled Lena today, Team Williams still lost face on this one. They needed an all Williams final to declare victory, and they didn't get one. "Williams Domination" just isn't the same with only one sister dominating.

GoGoMaggie
Apr 4th, 2004, 07:30 AM
If you don't think so, why do you bother to start this shit?

Martian Willow
Apr 4th, 2004, 07:33 AM
...I thought they were individuals... :awww:

Dymension
Apr 4th, 2004, 09:02 AM
Don't remind me about Venus' loss :sad: :crying2:

cheo23
Apr 4th, 2004, 09:27 AM
Not REally..I've always Said Venus needs to get a New Coach and improve her pathetic 2nd SERve and that weak sucky forehand technique...if she doesn't her Ranking is going to so fall down...everyone knows how to play her now includin Lisa Raymond, Meghan Shaughessy and other Weak players...Poor Venus! LOL

bandabou
Apr 4th, 2004, 10:17 AM
Itīs emberassing for Venus really imo....seeing your little sister totally dust-off the same player who beat you and in this way. Hmm, gotta do some soul-searching and fast!!

SpikeyAidanm
Apr 4th, 2004, 10:18 AM
GM might as well be renamed "Venus and Serena Forum"

faste5683
Apr 4th, 2004, 11:20 AM

:haha: Apparently, only in certain situations.

:wavey:

sunnysideup
Apr 4th, 2004, 12:06 PM
the fact remains that Venus is just one of the other players at the moment.;)

bandabou
Apr 4th, 2004, 12:17 PM
Yep....donīt think this win by Serena is any good for Venusīs confidence..

cool_olga
Apr 4th, 2004, 12:22 PM
Venus sprained her ankle...I hope she can play like she was before soon. I always enjoyed Venus' play, hope she can be back to playing great tennis. But even with this sprained ankle she should have crashed Lena's serve :eek:Still can't understand how she won that. But Serena got a revange

Experimentee
Apr 4th, 2004, 01:43 PM
Whats the point? They are both individuals! I dont think Serena fans are going to be less happy just because Venus lost earlier :rolleyes:
When it comes to the Williams sisters, the threads seem to be getting dumber and dumber.

Volcana
Apr 4th, 2004, 01:50 PM
I don't think it does. I think that as badly as Serena dismantled Lena today, Team Williams still lost face on this one. They needed an all Williams final to declare victory, and they didn't get one. "Williams Domination" just isn't the same with only one sister dominating.
I don't think this question makes much sense. They're two spearte players. Serena's and Venus' wins and losses are unrelated unless they play each other. The onl ything 'Team Williams' wins is doubles titles.

tennischick
Apr 4th, 2004, 02:00 PM
the thread-starter is correctly responding to the fact that some folks reacted as if Serena's win was indeed revenge for Venus' loss. rather pathetic position i agree.

and i may be wrong but i think that Serena fully intended to beat Elena 6-0 6-0 and is probably still pissed that she gave her two games. Venus is irrelevant to the discussion.

bandabou
Apr 4th, 2004, 02:08 PM
the thread-starter is correctly responding to the fact that some folks reacted as if Serena's win was indeed revenge for Venus' loss. rather pathetic position i agree.

and i may be wrong but i think that Serena fully intended to beat Elena 6-0 6-0 and is probably still pissed that she gave her two games. Venus is irrelevant to the discussion.

you got that one right....

Cybelle Darkholme
Apr 4th, 2004, 04:16 PM
There is no team williams unless they are playing doubles. I'm sure Venus is kicking herself for losing to someone who has such a crap serve. If Venus had straightened out her second serve she would have won that match. Period.

Yes Williams domination is the same if one williams is dominating. However no williams is dominating at the momemnt. Serena holds one slam justine holds three, thats not dominating for serena.

Serena who hadn't played in eight months humilating A top ten player like Elena just made me smile. The top ten must truly have problems if that can happen or maybe just elena has problems.

Venus will either blithely go about her set way of doing things or she will draw upon her 1999 us open semi experience where martina beat her in a match venus should have won. Serena beat martina back then just like she beat elena now and venus woke up.

Well the alarm clock is going off venus wake up already and focus on your tennis again.

Cybelle Darkholme
Apr 4th, 2004, 04:18 PM

Actually shes not irrelevant because in the past when one sister has lost and the other beat the player who beat their sister the one who one has stated yes it was nice to beat the player who beat my sister. Though it still is not team williams in singles.

Ballbuster
Apr 4th, 2004, 04:29 PM
It doesn't make up for Venus' loss. But it keeps bragging rights in the family.

Infiniti2001
Apr 4th, 2004, 04:31 PM
Actually shes not irrelevant because in the past when one sister has lost and the other beat the player who beat their sister the one who one has stated yes it was nice to beat the player who beat my sister. Though it still is not team williams in singles.

:worship: :worship: :wavey:

cheesestix
Apr 4th, 2004, 04:48 PM

They're individuals.....until one of them loses. Then, it's a team thing.

Then, it's also about the remaining sister avenging the other's loss....but only Williams fans are allowed to say that....nobody else....especially Rooskies.

vettipooh
Apr 4th, 2004, 04:54 PM
The only thing Serena's thrashing of Dementieva proved, is that Dementieva will never be one of the players who can beat the sisters in the same tournament.It doesn't diminish Venus' loss,but it certainly taught Dementieva a lesson-----Don't talk trash while one sister still has to face you!!!!!

ans
Apr 4th, 2004, 04:55 PM
I don't think that the fact that serena beat Elena very easily will make venus feel any better; On the contrary.

tennischick
Apr 4th, 2004, 05:59 PM
I don't think that the fact that serena beat Elena very easily will make venus feel any better; On the contrary.:worship: :worship: :wavey:

bandabou
Apr 4th, 2004, 06:00 PM
I don't think that the fact that serena beat Elena very easily will make venus feel any better; On the contrary.

Man, you really are good!

Paneru
Apr 4th, 2004, 06:19 PM
This thread is so stupid! :p

How does one players victory
vindicate anothers loss! :)

Oh dear! :angel:

"Topaz"
Apr 4th, 2004, 06:35 PM
This post says several things. The author seems to have a lot on his/her mind.

1- Does Serena Thrashing Lena Make up for Venus's loss? The author answered: "I don't think it does". I agree because it's obvious. Venus definitely would concur as her loss pertains only to her and no exogenous event can change that.

2- Next: "I think that as badly as Serena dismantled Lena today, Team Williams still lost face on this one. They needed an all Williams final to declare victory, and they didn't get one." This so called Team Williams exists only in the minds of some fans and some detractors, but not in reality. Undeniably, for these people, the victory or defeat is complete only when both sisters are immersed in it. Thank God, that's not the case for most tennis fans. Again, as stated in previous posts, there is no actual Team Williams unless the sisters are playing doubles.

3- Finally:" 'Williams Domination' just isn't the same with only one sister dominating". This is an inference about that Team Williams which seems to exist in the author's mind. It gives us an insight into his/her psyche; it tells us he/she's stretching for some mental comfort by turning Serena's victory into a Williams defeat.

Well, what can I say!

Vass22
Apr 4th, 2004, 06:40 PM
What is meant by "make up for the loss"? I make up for whom?
For the pride of the sisters? Then yes.
For the way Venus plays? No. Serena and Venus are two different people, and I think they shouldn't be talked about as one whole.

ans
Apr 4th, 2004, 07:20 PM
Man, you really are good!
As if I didn't know.;)

bandabou
Apr 4th, 2004, 07:24 PM
As if I didn't know.;)

:lol: thatīs what teachers are for. ;)

ans
Apr 4th, 2004, 08:14 PM
:lol: thatīs what teachers are for. ;)
Indeed.