Her draw:

1r - bye
2r - Weingartner / Kostanic
3r - Farina Elia / Likhovtseva / Granville
QF - Mauresmo / Pistolesi
SF - Henin-Hardenne / Zvonareva / Schnyder

Sharapova's_Boy
Apr 4th, 2004, 01:57 AM
Fairly good draw, untill the Quarters where Mauresmo will give her trouble.
Let's hope for another Alyona/Juju semi, and another Alyona win :D :yeah:

moo_ont
Apr 4th, 2004, 04:30 AM
I hope Elena will win as well. First of all, take one match at a time. Elena seems a bit tired, so not sure if she will play well. But, we all always believe in her, right? :yeah:

LuckyStrike
Apr 4th, 2004, 10:49 AM
I hope Elena will win as well. First of all, take one match at a time. Elena seems a bit tired, so not sure if she will play well. But, we all always believe in her, right? :yeah:

The seeding is quite good for her. She will rest a day and start with new motivation to defend her title. Come on, Lena!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :kiss:

DEETHELICK
Apr 4th, 2004, 11:58 AM
Its not too bad. Mauresmo is coming back from injury, so she may not be a top form (plus Smashnova could drive her mad), so Elena could be quite lucky and make it far. OTOH she could be tired and slip.

But I feel she will be motivated, this is her 1st title and I'm sure she wants to do well.

Good luck Elena :D

Jackson.
Apr 4th, 2004, 12:19 PM
Good luck Elena :D
You can do it :kiss:

moo_ont
Apr 4th, 2004, 03:20 PM
The seeding is quite good for her. She will rest a day and start with new motivation to defend her title. Come on, Lena!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :kiss:
Yeah, Elena is so proud of AI title. She always says the title changes many things in her career.

I am sure now she has motivation on improving her serve and her game. She should know by now she could play with Serena equally only if she fixed that serve. I look at her bad loss in a positive way. If she had won over Serena or lost in 3 tough setters, she would have thought working on serve isn't important anymore. What she has is enough to be a champion. Now, she realizes what she needs to do. And, I am sure Olga can help her. Elena seems to respect Olga a lot. And, most importantly, she believes in her coach which is very important. I think she is on the right direction to be a better player.

Mathijs
Apr 4th, 2004, 04:09 PM
Go Lena at AI you can defend your title :D

Sharapova's_Boy
Apr 5th, 2004, 01:34 AM
Good news, Alyona isn't playing doubles this week. ;)

This will give her some more time to rest, and more time to concentrate on winning another title ;) :D

daniela86
Apr 5th, 2004, 02:17 PM
Good news, Alyona isn't playing doubles this week. ;)

This will give her some more time to rest, and more time to concentrate on winning another title ;) :D

I agree! :hearts: :hearts:

moo_ont
Apr 5th, 2004, 02:37 PM
Yeah! I agree. Elena cannot play 2 matches a day. It's too much. AI is a one-week tournament. If she played both doubles and sigles, she would run out of gas in the important match like Nasdaq 100. It's a wise decision.

Mathijs
Apr 5th, 2004, 04:01 PM
that's a good decision, all focus on her titledefence :)

moo_ont
Apr 7th, 2004, 02:42 AM
Elena will play Kostanic tomorrow. It's not gonna be that easy cuz Kostanic has played some matches here already. Elena needs to get used to the surface. However, I believe she can do it. This tournament is her good memory. She will do her best. Good luck, Elena. :kiss:

Mathijs
Apr 7th, 2004, 11:54 AM
A Fave against a Fave.... :sad: but i will be cheering for Lena cuz she has to defend the title. Let's take the first steps onto your title defense :bounce: GO Lena!! :yeah:

LuckyStrike
Apr 7th, 2004, 05:42 PM
A Fave against a Fave.... :sad: but i will be cheering for Lena cuz she has to defend the title. Let's take the first steps onto your title defense :bounce: GO Lena!! :yeah:

Yeah,Go Lena!!!!!
5:4 Kostanic, but she will win this set!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

moo_ont
Apr 7th, 2004, 05:52 PM
5-6 now...Elena must still be tired from Miami. I hope she win this set. :(

LuckyStrike
Apr 7th, 2004, 06:07 PM
5-6 now...Elena must still be tired from Miami. I hope she win this set. :(

Hi,Moo!!!

Anyway,she will make it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

moo_ont
Apr 7th, 2004, 06:12 PM
I hope so, Robin. She lost the first set. I hope she keeps it up!!!

LuckyStrike
Apr 7th, 2004, 06:19 PM
I hope so, Robin. She lost the first set. I hope she keeps it up!!!

She just retired!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So,unlucky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

moo_ont
Apr 7th, 2004, 06:20 PM
Must be her shoulder. I hope she will rest and not play next week. I would like her to do well at RG.

Mathijs
Apr 7th, 2004, 10:02 PM
Must be her shoulder. I hope she will rest and not play next week. I would like her to do well at RG.
Nope wasn't her shoulder it was her right hip, she just strained it, i hope it isn't a bad injury :sad:

moo_ont
Apr 7th, 2004, 10:09 PM
But let's think this way. If she had won the first set, she would have continued to play just to win the match. And, her injury must have been worse. I think this is the way it should be. She played a lot last week...8 matches including singles and doubles. She just came back from a break, so she was not supposed to play that much. I must say 'last week' cuz her first match in Miami was on Saturday, so 8 days 8 matches. Let's be positive and believe in Elena. I am sure after she has some rest and has time to practice her serve and stuff, she will come back strong like this time. Also, this is a good lesson...she said she realized if she wanna win a tournament she needed to be stronger. Next time, she will be okay! :)

Mathijs
Apr 7th, 2004, 10:24 PM
yeah that's what i believe well we got to have patience with her just read that she's gonna play Berlin but i'm not sure about it i could be wrong. it's maybe sad that she's not able to defend her title but i think it's even more sad that she's injured :sad:

BTW have you read my message in the AI forum at Lena's cheering thread i just wrote some things down and thanks again it was real nice today. I speak almost the whole day English, and i got an compliment for my English, that i speak English very well!! :D what are you studying at the moment it sounds like Mathematics or something like that???

Bye for now cuz i got to sleep, i have some things to do tomorrow and i am having a cold lately. So i got to have some sleep to prevent me from becoming ill. I think i have sweet dreams cuz a few of my fave players won today in different tournaments across the globe....... :D

moo_ont
Apr 7th, 2004, 10:27 PM
Good night North. I will write you more later about what I am studying...not Mathenatics for sure....:p

Mathijs
Apr 7th, 2004, 10:40 PM
Gotta go now.... :zzz: shall i put you into MSN or are you so busy with your study that you haven't got time for it. we can speak instanly there.... :D

moo_ont
Apr 7th, 2004, 10:46 PM
moo_ont@hotmail.com Add me, and we shall talk there!

Nite. :wavey:

Mathijs
Apr 7th, 2004, 10:53 PM
nite!! :wavey:

moo_ont
Apr 8th, 2004, 01:39 AM
North, why did you think I am studying Math??! Actually, I am a law student. My school is in St. Louis, Missouri called Washington University in St. Louis. What are you studying?

Mathijs
Apr 8th, 2004, 09:03 AM
i'm in search for the right study, something with care for elderly people, disabled people like that but i don't no exactly i'll write you later because now i don't have much time :sad:

Jackson.
Apr 8th, 2004, 10:53 AM
Elena :sad: :sad:
but at least she can rest now :D

Mathijs
Apr 8th, 2004, 06:56 PM
Moo they are almost ready with the networks, it didnīt work properly with windows 98 and XP :mad: so they have to changes Windows 98 on my PC into XP :D so that my dad and i have networks :) the only problem is now that i have no internet on my PC :rolleyes: :sad: :mad: and that i have to login with the PC of my dad i have to ask permission and i cant internet too long :o :o :o . so for a while i am not able (probably a week or a week and a half) to log in at the forum or at MSN sadly :bigcry: :tears: :sobbing: .

moo_ont
Apr 8th, 2004, 06:58 PM
That's okay! We can talk when you are ready and have time. Don't worried. :bigwave:

Mathijs
Apr 8th, 2004, 07:05 PM
i am not worried but iīm dissapointed and a little mad about it :sad: . i thought it would be ready by now.. :rolleyes: oh well thanks Moo for your understanding :) and ofcourse we have lots of time to speak about all kinds of stuff (like Lena :lol: ) i got to be patient right now :D

moo_ont
Apr 8th, 2004, 07:08 PM
Take it easy. It will be okay soon. Or you appointed some girls to talk on MSN. :lol:

Mathijs
Apr 8th, 2004, 07:10 PM
Haha yeah i have lots of girls in MSN thatīs right

moo_ont
Apr 8th, 2004, 07:10 PM
Too bad...just on MSN...:haha:

Mathijs
Apr 8th, 2004, 07:27 PM
yeah :lol: ;) most of them from the previous vocational training. it was like 19 girls in my class and only 3 boys but i couldnīt choose :help: :nerner: :rolls: :haha: so i9 put them into MSN :drool: :lol: :yippee:

but okay letīs give other people also a chance to write things down here this is getting :topic: :haha: this is a Lena cheering thread after all!! :worship: :)

moo_ont
Apr 8th, 2004, 07:29 PM
Oh! I forgot. I thought it's 'northernlight's cheering thread'. :tape: My bad...:o

Mathijs
Apr 8th, 2004, 07:34 PM
yeah right! :D maybe i can make it in non tennis sometime :) but i have to go my dad wants to do other things.... :( bye and i will talk to you in the northernlights CT in non tennis okey..:confused:

moo_ont
Apr 8th, 2004, 07:36 PM
okay! Good night...North. Talk later. :bigwave:

Mathijs
Apr 8th, 2004, 07:39 PM
:wavey:

Sharapova's_Boy
Apr 9th, 2004, 02:45 AM
Alyona :(

Please be fit for Charleston :D :yeah: