PDA

View Full Version : Pfff @ Elena for not giving Serena credit in her post-match press conference....

Hulet
Apr 4th, 2004, 01:54 AM
Q. What was your plan today?

ELENA DEMENTIEVA: You know, I was thinking to play pretty much the same game that I play against Venus. But I feel like I was tired today on the court and couldn't move as well as I can. So it was difficult, you know, to be on the court today for me.

Q. Were you a bit nervous playing in a final?

ELENA DEMENTIEVA: No, I wasn't nervous at all, you know. I had nothing to lose, and I was already satisfied with the result. So, you know, just a little upset that I was tired, couldn't play as good as I can.
Q. Do you think Serena attacked your second serve better than Venus did?

ELENA DEMENTIEVA: Yeah, but, I mean, I wasn't ready for the next shot. I couldn't move as well as I can. That was, you know, the thing.

Q. Last year in Paris indoors, were you physically okay at that tournament?

ELENA DEMENTIEVA: Where?

Q. Paris last February. Not this year, last year, when you played Mauresmo. Were you fit for that match?

ELENA DEMENTIEVA: When I was 6-love, 6-love, you mean?

Q. Yeah?

ELENA DEMENTIEVA: No, I was injured. But I don't like to retire. I like to play no matter what. Even if I have something, you know, I try to play always.

How about giving credit to Serena? How about saying I was outplayed today? It's not all about you, you know, Elena - there is another player across the net. Saying 'I was tired and that's why I lost' is pretty pathetic and is not classy. :rolleyes:

for-sure
Apr 4th, 2004, 03:00 AM
Looks like Elena is learning from the queen of "not giving credit" SERENA J. Williams

slice
Apr 4th, 2004, 03:03 AM
actually for-sure u idiot, even tho i dislike serena and venus at times, at least they give some form of credit like "she was playing great today" etc and not take full credit for the victory! elena shuldntve even made the final and goodbye her ranking after amelia island :haha:

azza
Apr 4th, 2004, 03:04 AM
Umm maybe she WAS tired? :rolleyes:

azza
Apr 4th, 2004, 03:05 AM
Slive ur evil :p :devil:

Hulet
Apr 4th, 2004, 03:05 AM
Boooooo! Elena, Boooooooooooooooooooo!

Give credit to your opponents. :rolleyes:

:p

azza
Apr 4th, 2004, 03:06 AM
Serena had like 6-0 6-1 6-1 6-1 matches while Dementieva had harder matches so yes she was prolly tired

cheesestix
Apr 4th, 2004, 03:08 AM
What the hell was Elena thinking? She should have said something classy, like "I played about 1000 notches below my usual level." Now, where have I heard that one before?

Hulet
Apr 4th, 2004, 03:09 AM
Serena had like 6-0 6-1 6-1 6-1 matches while Dementieva had harder matches so yes she was prolly tired
Then, she (Elena) doesn't belong in professional tennis. Let her find some office work.

Boooo! Elena Boooooooooooooooo!

Get out of the tour.

:wavey:

LindsayRocks89
Apr 4th, 2004, 03:19 AM
some people are just hypocrites, i mean when Serena says something like oh i played horrible made 100 errors out there, people dont let her live it down and say she doesnt have any respect, but when elena does it oh well, shes just tired, can't have it both ways people

cheesestix
Apr 4th, 2004, 03:25 AM
some people are just hypocrites, i mean when Serena says something like oh i played horrible made 100 errors out there, people dont let her live it down and say she doesnt have any respect, but when elena does it oh well, shes just tired, can't have it both ways people

Couldn't you say that the reverse is true too????

When Serena says something like that, Williams fans dismiss it, or don't see anything wrong with it. But when Elena does it, they are quick to point it out. Is that not also hypocrisy???? If so, tell me why not.

Can you admit that Williams fans are just as hypocritical????

LindsayRocks89
Apr 4th, 2004, 03:30 AM
Couldn't you say that the reverse is true too????

When Serena says something like that, Williams fans dismiss it, or don't see anything wrong with it. But when Elena does it, they are quick to point it out. Is that not also hypocrisy???? If so, tell me why not.

Can you admit that Williams fans are just as hypocritical????

well really Williams fans have a reason when almost all fans of anyone on this board are always saying something negative about them. I mean its like all fans of any player aganist the williams fans and its just stupid, everyone should just get along

cheesestix
Apr 4th, 2004, 03:40 AM
well really Williams fans have a reason when almost all fans of anyone on this board are always saying something negative about them. I mean its like all fans of any player aganist the williams fans and its just stupid, everyone should just get along

So you're saying it's okay for Williams fans to do it because they're just "getting even"? Or because they're outnumbered?

I'm sorry, but it sounds like you're just trying to justify it when Williams fans do it, but condemn it when anyone else does it. It's really the same thing though.

It just depends on which side of the fence you are on. You happen to be a Williams fan, so you think it's okay for them to make excuses. But then you condemn others for making excuses. You can't have it both ways.

You're right. Everyone should get along. But Williams fans aren't any more innocent of perpetuating arguments than non-Williams fans are.

Volcana
Apr 4th, 2004, 03:42 AM
How about giving credit to Serena? How about saying I was outplayed today? It's not all about you, you know, Elena - there is another player across the net. Saying 'I was tired and that's why I lost' is pretty pathetic and is not classy. :rolleyes:
With all due respect, Elena is right, and you are wrong. When exactly is the last time a top ten player failed to hold serve in a Tier I final? Elena was completely pathetic and totally outclassed today. NINE double faults. Any player in the top fifty could have beaten her today. Nothing against Serena, but all she had to do to win was show up. Elena stunk out the joint. All crediting Serena would be is trying to avoid admitting just how poorly she played.

Black Mamba.
Apr 4th, 2004, 03:53 AM
Any player who coming into the match has 3 aces to 50 doubles doesn't deserve to win. That's just awful, I mean it should get to the point where you just spin the second serve in.

Rocketta
Apr 4th, 2004, 04:05 AM
eta psi you're funny! :wavey:

Pureracket
Apr 4th, 2004, 04:14 AM
How about giving credit to Serena? How about saying I was outplayed today? It's not all about you, you know, Elena - there is another player across the net. Saying 'I was tired and that's why I lost' is pretty pathetic and is not classy. :rolleyes::lol: Eta, I don't even know if they get the joke:lol:

Rocketta
Apr 4th, 2004, 04:17 AM
They don't Pure, they don't. :lol:

harloo
Apr 4th, 2004, 04:58 AM
:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: