PDA

View Full Version : BJK is full of crap

smarties
Apr 3rd, 2004, 11:07 PM
When interviewed by MJ Fernandez, she said that ALL of the russians have a weakness with their serve :rolleyes: Sharapova, Petrova, Kutnezsova, Bovina, Safina all have great serves. Zvonareva and Myskina's serve, while not a weapon, can not really be considered a weakness. That leaves Dementieva; it seems that in her mind, Lena is ALL of the Russians... :rolleyes:

bandabou
Apr 3rd, 2004, 11:11 PM
Myskina and Dementievaīs serves are PATHETIC....in fact she was right. Most of the Russians donīt have good serves. Most of them, save say Petrova and Bovina, are o.k. at best.

Crazy Canuck
Apr 3rd, 2004, 11:13 PM
Myskina and Dementievaīs serves are PATHETIC....in fact she was right. Most of the Russians donīt have good serves. Most of them, save say Petrova and Bovina, are o.k. at best.
If she said "all", then no, she most certainly was not correct.

This is no different from fools who say that "all" spanish speaking players are cloned baseline robots.

Ignorance.

Take a mental note of the people who say these things, as it's helpful in deciding whether or not to waste your time reading anything from that person again ;)

bandabou
Apr 3rd, 2004, 11:24 PM
If she said "all", then no, she most certainly was not correct.

This is no different from fools who say that "all" spanish speaking players are cloned baseline robots.

Ignorance.

Take a mental note of the people who say these things, as it's helpful in deciding whether or not to waste your time reading anything from that person again ;)

Gotcha! :yeah:

Volcana
Apr 4th, 2004, 12:23 AM
BJK is a better judge of that than anyone who posts here.

faste5683
Apr 4th, 2004, 12:55 AM

Kuznetsova has a big serve as well.

:wavey:

Tratree
Apr 4th, 2004, 12:55 AM
Actually I thought she was off base with that comment as well. Petrova has a huge serve....as does Kuznetsova. Myskina's isn't huge, but she does pretty well with it. Sharapova is developing a nice serve. Bovina has a nice serve, when she's not injured.

LindsayRocks89
Apr 4th, 2004, 01:00 AM
well petrova is pretty capable at hitting alot of first serves over 110 miles an hour, her second serve is pretty good to, um svetlana's first serve is also pretty good, from what i saw on t.v though her second wasnt the best but it wasnt like a horrible one, Maria has a really good first serve with very good placement, her second serve isnt to bad either but i think she should get more of a kick second serve, cause it seems as she is always slicing her second serve on the ad side down the t, so what i'm saying is have more variety on the second. Those 3 russians though do have very good serves.

- L i n a -
Apr 4th, 2004, 01:06 AM
When interviewed by MJ Fernandez, she said that ALL of the russians have a weakness with their serve :rolleyes: Sharapova, Petrova, Kutnezsova, Bovina, Safina all have great serves. Zvonareva and Myskina's serve, while not a weapon, can not really be considered a weakness. That leaves Dementieva; it seems that in her mind, Lena is ALL of the Russians... :rolleyes:
Sharapova's serve is decent, but certainly not a weapon.

Bovina... much like the people on this board, you've probably never seen her play to have that opinion.

BJK was right, the serve is certainly not the strongest shot of all the Russian girls, except possibly Nadia.

bw2082
Apr 4th, 2004, 04:08 AM
BJK meant all the ones that count ;)

udachi Elena
Apr 4th, 2004, 04:10 AM
BJK is stupid.. Petrova served a 116 mph serve today, tied Venus' highest for the tourney, with serena only two mph faster.. shut up BJK no one likes you!

MrYonex
Apr 4th, 2004, 08:07 AM
Yeah, I think she exagerates everything. Dementieva and Myskina have crappy serves though! Sharapova has a good one for a 16 year old!

cheo23
Apr 4th, 2004, 09:51 AM
Yeah I agree..she totally forgot that Nadia Petrova has a FAst SERve & Russian..also Maria Sharapova has a nice 1st SERve and Sveltvana Kutnezsova....BJK has just Lost it!!!!!!!!!! Poor Thing!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Jakeev
Apr 4th, 2004, 10:03 AM
I am not sure how BJK elaborated about what she had to say about how the Russians serve, but did anyone stop to think that by her saying they have a weakness in their serving abilities that is does not necessarily mean they all have bad serves like Elena Dementieva?

It could mean a lot of things: one dimensional, ball toss, arm swing, going for too much, not enough variety whatever, does not mean she meant they all have powder-puff serves like Dementieva.

Again I did not hear what King had to say but if I were to surmise anything, it's that she feels that at this moment, the Russians don't quite use their serves as big weapons as they probably should.

Filip!
Apr 4th, 2004, 11:20 AM
I don't understand how Elena Dementieva can be a top 10-player with this serve. Unfortunately, it says something about the difference between the 4-5 topplayers and the rest.

SpikeyAidanm
Apr 4th, 2004, 11:41 AM
The serve is overated, esp in women's tennis, these days most players would have more trouble returning Aniko Kapros' pre-abbreviated motion serve than someone like Clijsters' serve.

bandabou
Apr 4th, 2004, 12:00 PM
I don't understand how Elena Dementieva can be a top 10-player with this serve. Unfortunately, it says something about the difference between the 4-5 topplayers and the rest.

And the diffence between Serena & Justine and Kim & Venus. The first two have great serves and the latter two have flawed serves...

Jackson.
Apr 4th, 2004, 12:06 PM
Lina Krasnoroutskaya's serve is quite good :)
But I agree though, Nadia and Maria have good serves
The rest are below par ;) :sad:

smarties
Apr 4th, 2004, 01:53 PM
Bovina... much like the people on this board, you've probably never seen her play to have that opinion

I've seen her play 2 times in tournaments in Canada so yes, I know what I'm talking about when I say that she has a good serve.

Pamela Shriver
Apr 4th, 2004, 02:14 PM
BJK is full of crap

Couldn't agree more!! And her vowels are almost normal. Pfft.