PDA

View Full Version : caption Serena/Elena handshake

SJW
Apr 3rd, 2004, 08:20 PM
http://images.sportsline.com/u/gettyimages/photos/3180405CB014_Nasdaq_100040315_lower.jpg

:lol:

A'DAM
Apr 3rd, 2004, 08:22 PM
:devil: :devil: :devil: gush maybe she is really devil in girls body :devil: :devil: :devil:

Infiniti2001
Apr 3rd, 2004, 08:23 PM
Elena "Whatever bitch". :lol: :rolls:

Martian KC
Apr 3rd, 2004, 08:23 PM
Elena soo funny!:tape:

CC
Apr 3rd, 2004, 08:24 PM
Did Serena give her the little pat on the back too? :lol:

beauty_is_pink
Apr 3rd, 2004, 08:25 PM
Serena "hello majesty"
Elena "whatever.. be gone"

btw.. elena fan here talking. thats jus poor sportmanship elena.. i expected better!

pav
Apr 3rd, 2004, 08:26 PM
I I wont look at Her I'll just keep My eyes on My Mom and this will all fade awaaay

anton
Did Elena say she would try to serve faster than 55 mph?:lol: :lol:

flyingmachine
Serena :banana:
Elena :ras: piss off

SJW
Apr 3rd, 2004, 08:28 PM
Serena: heyyy......great match! i wish i could dropshot like that! (SJW: i wish she could dropshot at all :tape: )
Elena: it was my serve bŁ&*$ :rolleyes:

Cariaoke
Apr 3rd, 2004, 08:28 PM
Serena: Oh, look who's the better actress, now.
Elena: You think you're the fucking Serena Williams!

:lol: :spit:

bandabou
Apr 3rd, 2004, 08:30 PM
Hmmm....interesting. And anybody caught the one she did after beating Venus?! Kinda mocking the curtsy of the sisters?!

bandabou
Apr 3rd, 2004, 08:31 PM
Serena: Oh, look who's the better actress, now.
Elena: You think you're the fucking Serena Williams!

:lol: :spit:

:lol: You tought you were in the movies against Venus?! Now this is the REAL world, mama!

TeeRexx
Apr 3rd, 2004, 08:31 PM
SERENA: "VENUS said to say say "Hi", bitch!"

Gallofa
Apr 3rd, 2004, 08:33 PM
Serena: Hmm... good match... Ehhh... good serving... ahem... great weather, eh?
Elena: Right.

Cersei
Apr 3rd, 2004, 08:34 PM
Elena "Whatever bitch". :lol: :rolls::lol:

Black Mamba.
Apr 3rd, 2004, 08:37 PM
Serena: Wow Elena your serve really had me worried today. Ha, that almost sounded believable I guess I am a better actress than Venus.

Elena: Whatever

Geoffry
Apr 3rd, 2004, 08:37 PM
well, well, well, ...

- L i n a -
Apr 3rd, 2004, 09:02 PM
I saw that also...

I love Elena. She's had a great week.

But, she's only proven 2 things...

1) She's a bitter, jealous bitch.
2) She's lazy, and doesn't want to fix her game.

Nobody's Perfecc
Apr 3rd, 2004, 09:05 PM
Serena's new side job: doing manicures on court. Elena's getting the diva treatment!

ßcoene
Apr 3rd, 2004, 09:07 PM
Serena's new side job: doing manicures on court. Elena's getting the diva treatment!

KoOlMaNsEaN
Apr 3rd, 2004, 09:10 PM
Serena bows to the distracted queen

Hendouble
Apr 3rd, 2004, 09:13 PM
You may sneer, but beneath the cool and frosty exterior of that handshake lurks a level of warmth and shared respect for one another that we could never hope to attain. I'm sure Serena's happier to beat up on someone other than her big sister in a major final, after all, and one with a weaker second serve than Venus too.

Billabong
Apr 3rd, 2004, 09:13 PM
lol;)!

selesfan
Apr 3rd, 2004, 09:21 PM
Hmmm....interesting. And anybody caught the one she did after beating Venus?! Kinda mocking the curtsy of the sisters?!
I noticed it, her attitude is one of the reasons I am not a big fan of hers. And if Serena reacted the way Elena did at the handshake there would have been 10 threads on what a bitch she was.

HantuchovaSweFan
Apr 3rd, 2004, 09:31 PM
:worship: Serena :worship: (http://images.sportsline.com/u/gettyimages/photos/3180405CB014_Nasdaq_100040315_1024x768.jpg)

alextreiber04
Apr 3rd, 2004, 09:34 PM
I saw that also...

I love Elena. She's had a great week.

But, she's only proven 2 things...

1) She's a bitter, jealous bitch.
2) She's lazy, and doesn't want to fix her game.

:tape: :rolls: :haha:

vettipooh
Apr 3rd, 2004, 09:39 PM
Elena: damn,I'm too embarassed to even look her way! Serena: Say something now, B$$$h.

Dava
Apr 3rd, 2004, 09:52 PM
"OMG its ELena Dementieva, Oh My God, Im not worthy!"

I have to say I think Elena could have been a bit warmer, but mind you the last time I lost a match, I just walked off court and we still had 30mins left LOL. But shers a profewsional and I think she being a bit childish.

Jeff
Apr 3rd, 2004, 09:55 PM
Serena: "Sorry to beat you, but you played well"

Elena: "Don't give me that sorry bullshit" :o

Crazy Canuck
Apr 3rd, 2004, 10:04 PM
If Elena keeps working at it, maybe she'll be able to perfect the "fuck you, bitch" handshake that Serena herself has accomplished so well in the past ;)

moo_ont
Apr 3rd, 2004, 10:28 PM
Elena is just too quick.;) Actually, she smiled at Serena while they were shaking hand.

http://cache.****************/comp/3213054.jpg?x=x&dasite=MS_GINS&ef=2&ev=1&dareq=E2399169AC85D6DEB82CDE0162AFCC42AF456BABE8DE 3140

beauty_is_pink
Apr 3rd, 2004, 10:31 PM
suppposedely Serena wanted to say something to Elena and she jus kept walking.. :p

lizchris
Apr 3rd, 2004, 10:35 PM
If I played the way she played, I wouldn't want to look at my opponent either.

BTW, I think she gave Venus the same handshake after their match on Wednesday.

"Topaz"
Apr 3rd, 2004, 10:55 PM
Serena: "See, America loves Russia."

Elena: "Sure, why the heck NATO is getting bigger?"

for-sure
Apr 3rd, 2004, 10:56 PM
Elena: "Better start working on that Serve Serena, it is pathetic"

smarties
Apr 3rd, 2004, 10:58 PM
Elena is just too quick.;) Actually, she smiled at Serena while they were shaking hand.

http://cache.****************/comp/3213054.jpg?x=x&dasite=MS_GINS&ef=2&ev=1&dareq=E2399169AC85D6DEB82CDE0162AFCC42AF456BABE8DE 3140

Thanks for posting that cause I actually saw the match and Lena really smiled at Serena but turned her head before Serena. Her many detractors here (since she beat their beloved Venus) have chosen to put the picture when she's not looking at her anymore... that's lame... :rolleyes:

IIOoIaMaGirLoOII
Apr 3rd, 2004, 11:12 PM
elena never really says anything to her opponents win or lose.. i would have liked to see her say welcome back to serena.. :)

Infiniti2001
Apr 3rd, 2004, 11:18 PM
Thanks for posting that cause I actually saw the match and Lena really smiled at Serena but turned her head before Serena. Her many detractors here (since she beat their beloved Venus) have chosen to put the picture when she's not looking at her anymore... that's lame... :rolleyes:

I take it you don't know what it is to caption a pic :rolleyes: :tape:

Midnite Surfer
Apr 3rd, 2004, 11:45 PM
Elena is the player who first suggested that Richard was fixing their matches. She has always had a nasty attitude towards the sisters. The girl is just weird anyway. Remember when her and her brother go tintot a fight and he bruised or cracked one of her ribs? I have never known quite what to make of Elena. There is definitely some weird shit going on in her camp. She is always so bitter and angry.

Veritas
Apr 3rd, 2004, 11:59 PM
Remember when her and her brother go tintot a fight and he bruised or cracked one of her ribs? I have never known quite what to make of Elena. There is definitely some weird shit going on in her camp. She is always so bitter and angry.

Do you have a link to an article on that?

Thanks moo_ont for the pic :) Even though I'm over the moon with Serena's win, I still feel really bad for Elena. I hope she'll walk away from this match with her head high and realise that once her serve is fixed and her net-play is improved, she'll have a strong shot at a permanent spot in the top-5. Her journey to the final proves that.

Midnite Surfer
Apr 4th, 2004, 12:10 AM
Do you have a link to an article on that?

Thanks moo_ont for the pic :) Even though I'm over the moon with Serena's win, I still feel really bad for Elena. I hope she'll walk away from this match with her head high and realise that once her serve is fixed and her net-play is improved, she'll have a strong shot at a permanent spot in the top-5. Her journey to the final proves that.No I don't have a link but she was asked who she thought would win between Venus and Serena. She had just lost to one of them and the sisters were going to play each other in the next round. Her response was, "I think that is up to Richard" or something like that.

The fight between her and her brother happened in a hotel room. He was playing around on his laptop computer and she wanted him to turn it off so she could go to sleep. He refused and she tried to turn it off despite him. I guess he shoved her or something and bruised one of her ribs. I think she pulled out of the tournament she was in. Am I the only one who remembers that?

moo_ont
Apr 4th, 2004, 12:19 AM
The fight between her and her brother happened in a hotel room. He was playing around on his laptop computer and she wanted him to turn it off so she could go to sleep. He refused and she tried to turn it off despite him. I guess he shoved her or something and bruised one of her ribs. I think she pulled out of the tournament she was in. Am I the only one who remembers that?
When was this happen?

Veritas
Apr 4th, 2004, 12:21 AM
No I don't have a link but she was asked who she thought would win between Venus and Serena. She had just lost to one of them and the sisters were going to play each other in the next round. Her response was, "I think that is up to Richard" or something like that.

I meant do you have an article on the supposed "fight" between her and her brother.

You don't?

Well, than that's just a mere rumour.

Midnite Surfer
Apr 4th, 2004, 12:35 AM
I meant do you have an article on the supposed "fight" between her and her brother.

You don't?

Well, than that's just a mere rumour.
http://www.wtaworld.com/archive/index.php/t-1248

This the closet thing I can find. I heard Bud Collins tell the story while he was commentating. But it wasn't in an article. I really don't care enough to research it any further. :shrug:

Veritas
Apr 4th, 2004, 12:39 AM
http://www.wtaworld.com/archive/index.php/t-1248

This the closet thing I can find. I heard Bud Collins tell the story while he was commentating. But it wasn't in an article. I really don't care enough to research it any further. :shrug:

Those were the words of other posters who didn't have any resources as well.

And Bud Collins? Not trying to pick a fight, but since when did he know about what's going on in the Dementieva camp? I seriously doubt he was in the "hotel room" when "it happened".

cheesestix
Apr 4th, 2004, 12:56 AM
Elena: Okay, I just smiled at you, looked you in the eye, and shook your hand. I think I'll turn and go shake the chair umpire's hand now, because that's the way it works. I'm not going to hang out at the net and chit chat forever. Good match.

Serena: Good, you turn your head first. That way, one of my fans can get a still of you turning away, while I'm still facing you, and take it out of context, making it look as though you never looked at me (even though you really did), so that they can call you a bitch and blame you for all of the ills of society.

:rolleyes:

slice
Apr 4th, 2004, 01:06 AM
elena is a geek.

azza
Apr 4th, 2004, 01:09 AM
http://images.sportsline.com/u/gettyimages/photos/3180405CB014_Nasdaq_100040315_lower.jpg

Elena: Get that Microphone out of my face :(

treufreund
Apr 4th, 2004, 01:32 AM
Did you all catch how serena said "elena had a couple good wins this week" very subtle dig. :haha:

udachi Elena
Apr 4th, 2004, 01:35 AM
Exactly, i was at the match, and Elena did smile at serena, this picture just happened to capture the as she turned to go towards the chair umpire.

cheesestix
Apr 4th, 2004, 01:47 AM
Did you all catch how serena said "elena had a couple good wins this week" very subtle dig. :haha:

Why does nobody criticize that comment? Because Elena said something first (which may or may not have been a dig), that makes it okay? Nobody knows what exactly Elena meant by her comment, right? So wouldn't that include Serena?

To be fair though, I don't even know that Serena's comment was a dig. For all we know, it could have been a compliment.

Either way, I don't think either dig was a big deal. I don't know why people have to blow everything out of proportion. I think it's cool that players can rib each other in a good-spirited fashion.

If only the fans weren't so anal about it..... :rolleyes:

bw2082
Apr 4th, 2004, 01:53 AM
Serena: "good match. you did good to get to the final"
Elena: "whatever, bitch"

CC
Apr 4th, 2004, 03:10 AM
No I don't have a link but she was asked who she thought would win between Venus and Serena. She had just lost to one of them and the sisters were going to play each other in the next round. Her response was, "I think that is up to Richard" or something like that.

I do remember hearing a story about this. Unfortunately, I don't remember the source either. It was at least two or three years ago.

cheesestix
Apr 4th, 2004, 03:36 AM
Serena: "I came here tonight and I did't know what to expect. I seen a lot of people hating me and I didn't know what to feel about that so I guess I didn't like you much then neither. During this fight I've seen a lot of changing. The way yous felt about me and the way I felt about you. In here there were two guys killing each other, but I guess that's better than 20 million. What I'm trying to say is if I can change, and you can change, then we all can change!"

bis2806
Apr 4th, 2004, 03:41 AM
:lol: :lol: Elena!!!! you're sooo funny hehehehe

jmahrky
Apr 4th, 2004, 06:36 AM
i seen the match and elena just needs to be slapped or something. win or lose you always acknowledge the opponent at the net. but she was thinking about how she sucked up today.

but also remember what had happen to serena during the 1999 3rd round against mary jo fernandez, she had a wimpy hand shake and the crowd booed her.

everyone just needs to get a better grip on how to be a better sportsmanship.

just my thoughts:)

peace all:)

Martian Willow
Apr 4th, 2004, 07:50 AM
Elena: Okay, I just smiled at you, looked you in the eye, and shook your hand. I think I'll turn and go shake the chair umpire's hand now, because that's the way it works. I'm not going to hang out at the net and chit chat forever. Good match.

Serena: Good, you turn your head first. That way, one of my fans can get a still of you turning away, while I'm still facing you, and take it out of context, making it look as though you never looked at me (even though you really did), so that they can call you a bitch and blame you for all of the ills of society.

:rolleyes:

Serena: "I came here tonight and I did't know what to expect. I seen a lot of people hating me and I didn't know what to feel about that so I guess I didn't like you much then neither. During this fight I've seen a lot of changing. The way yous felt about me and the way I felt about you. In here there were two guys killing each other, but I guess that's better than 20 million. What I'm trying to say is if I can change, and you can change, then we all can change!"

:haha: :worship:

tennisjunky
Apr 4th, 2004, 08:03 AM
Serena: Did you forget to have your 'Wheaties' this morning?
Elena: Are you still talking, cuz I've got you on mute. Let's just put this on fastforward now so I can get the hell out of here.

cheo23
Apr 4th, 2004, 09:13 AM
YA she just looks pissed off because My girl SErena just Overpowered her...Poor Elena! LOL...should have been 6-0 6-0.

Andy_
Apr 4th, 2004, 02:23 PM

Serena: Awww... I'm sorry Elena... I thought you loved breadsticks... I didn't mean to offend you, but if you insist, next time I'll make sure I bring in at least a bagel for you... :lol:

DunkMachine
Apr 4th, 2004, 02:50 PM

"The name's Serena Williams bitch, remember that!"

DA FOREHAND
Apr 4th, 2004, 04:03 PM

Serena " Look at me when I'm talking to you bitch!"

SJW
Apr 4th, 2004, 05:44 PM
crack is wack.

Knizzle
Apr 4th, 2004, 06:29 PM
Serena: "I'm the actress, bitch!! Get it straight!!"

servenrichie
Apr 4th, 2004, 06:36 PM

:rolleyes:Lame as usual:o

udachi Elena
Apr 4th, 2004, 06:38 PM
Lame aus usual:o
yet true..

nubienne459
Apr 4th, 2004, 06:44 PM
Serena: Would you like a pillow to sit down on? I know your azz is sore...

Vass22
Apr 4th, 2004, 06:47 PM
Elena: "First they tought me about tennis was:a good eye contact can kill the opponent"

I too think that Elena wa looking at Serena, but was the first to look away.

udachi Elena
Apr 4th, 2004, 06:48 PM
Elena: "First they tought me about tennis was:a good eye contact can kill the opponent"

I somehow think that Elena wa looking at Serena, but was the first to look away.
and you are right :)

SJW
Apr 4th, 2004, 06:49 PM

I somehow think that Elena wa looking at Serena, but was the first to look away.
you are right, but the thing is, Serena was talking to her when she looked away :)

Glenn
Apr 4th, 2004, 06:50 PM
Serena: Hmm... good match... Ehhh... good serving... ahem... great weather, eh?
Elena: Right.
LOL!
That had me on the floor.

Serendy Willick
Apr 5th, 2004, 10:43 PM
Serena: Would you like a pillow to sit down on? I know your azz is sore...
Hehehehe. If Serena had've pulled that, there would've been 40 theads in her talking about her lack of sportsmanship and being a bitch:rolleyes:

tennisIlove09
Apr 5th, 2004, 10:46 PM
Serena: I wish you had a younger sister too. Maybe we could have played a real match.

Hulet
Apr 5th, 2004, 10:48 PM
Serena: I wish you had a younger sister too. Maybe we could have played a real match.
Are you sure it wasn't:
Serena: I wish I had a younger sister too. Maybe you gals would have played a competitive match ?